the Rift

[OPEN] Something Wicked...

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies

But when his heart was lifted up, and his mind hardened in pride...
Quilyan
...he was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him.

A creeping movement catches his eye, and he turns his head only to find that nothing is there. Still, a rather menacing feeling begins to rise in his breast, and with a frown he pushes himself a bit faster, flaps his wings a bit harder. The air around him seems to crackle, almost as though he is flying into a storm - but the air is clear of even the smallest drop of rain. A light sweat breaks out across his withers. Below, he notices a swirling mass of darkness - but it can't be alive, can it? It must simply be the result of a sunset. As the darkness swallows the Marsh, the stallion streaks for home. If this is danger, the Edge must know.
-- From The Shadows, Broken, one hour prior

Night has come as he flits across the border of the World's Edge, having flown along to coast to arrive. It is the quickest route he knows on a new moon night, when there is little light to guide him along the land. Water, though, catches even the slightest glow of the stars, ensuring that his course remained true as he hurried home. Now he drops into a steep dive, landing in a small clearing and taking pause. A breeze from the sea brushes lazily along his back as he folds his wings, and he shivers, for his pelt is covered in a sheen of froth, evidence of his panicked flight. He longs to scream for company, but he does not wish to alarm the herd, especially when he is not quite sure what he saw... but he saw something, he is sure of that. The waves crash into the cliffs to his right, and the noise, normally so soothing, is too loud in the silence, keeping pace with the rapid heartbeat drumming through his veins, pounding in his head.

Zarina, who has stayed quiet during the journey, chitters softly in an attempt to soothe the stallion, and after a moment's heavy breathing, he starts forward once more with a renewed purpose. Mirage. He needs Mirage. But she doesn't know him, not really, why would she believe him? He needs someone... someone... Destrier. He needs Destrier. Anyone, anyone at all... his search is proving fruitless, no one emerges from the dark, no one appears in the mists, and his panic is rising again like bile in his throat, and he swallows hard and stops again to calm his breathing. "Mirage," he says into the mists. "Destrier." Another swallow, another breath - please let them be here, please don't have taken them away from him, please don't let him be too late - and suddenly his mind is running away from him, and he is shuddering from the fear that accompanied the darkness in the Marsh, and its hold on him is close to taking over.

"Resplendence?"

@[Mirage]
@[Destrier]

[OOC | If you guys have time! Open to anyone, but he's trying to let someone know about the RE in the Marsh.]

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

RayoDeSoleil.deviantart.com | Ness8Bit.deviantart.com

Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

we are like birds of a feather
we are two hearts joined together
we will be forever as one
my brother under the sun </style>

The sun had settled in the far west some time ago, draping the lands in peaceful darkness. Most had lain their heads to rest for the night or were preparing to do so, but for some, the arrival of night marked the beginning of a night shift.

As Winglead, I'd taken it upon myself to scour the borders whenever the sun would fall to allow the others to rest peacefully. Though the Basin hadn't bothered the Edge since their failed invasion, the affair between us and them was still somewhat of an unclear situation to me, and I found it near impossible to neglect my watch at all until somebody else stepped in the following morning. It was my duty after all, one I upheld with utmost pride and joy, even if it kept me from socializing with the others as I oftentimes wished to do.

A faint voice sounds, but it is Suli who catches on to it before I. Perched on the crest of my neck she stiffens, violet, predatory eyes peering through the trees and shadows towards the source. Coming to a halt, I too follow her gaze until a soft, but distinct voice could be heard in the distance. It was somewhat surprising that anybody would be calling for both myself and Mirage, but I moved forward at once, closing the distance between myself and the voice with a pacey walk.

"Quilyan?" I speak out when the moon's rays spill out across the painted stud's body, recognizing him instantly. Just a short time ago I had traveled with he, Kahlua and Aaron to the Basin, but I had seen him on numerous occasions before then at meetings and in passing. He'd always come off to me as level-headed and an overall good man, and though I didn't know him well enough to say if it were true or not, looking at him now, I could tell that something was wrong.

Closing the gap between us until I stood near his side, I reached out to bump muzzles briefly if he allowed it, in an effort to comfort and reassure him. His eyes were wide and his sides strained to keep from heaving, and the air about him simply felt panicked. From her place on my neck, Suli offered her own soft, warbled chirrup before I spoke again, tone patient but drenched in worry. "What is the matter?"

"Speak."

image by blu | table code by tamme

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
come and watch over me like the pale moonlight

The claybank mare heard her name on the mists. She had been moving some of her herbs around, pulling out the fresh ones and planting seeds back in where she had pulled from. But, her name was what had stopped her. It sounded almost desperate? Panicked? Was something wrong? Cautiously, she placed the herbs in the correct section of the box, afraid she would slip up and place a poisonous one in a healing one and accidentally injure one of her herdmates. No, she wouldn't allow that to happen. She couldn't allow that to happen.

So, once she was certain everything was the way it was supposed to be in their sections of that herb box she shut the lid and cantered toward the opening of the wall, where she had started to hear her name emanate from. He had called for Mirage and Destrier as well, and the thought of that caused more worry to her than before. And, when she saw just who was on the other side of the call she instantly broke into a gallop. It was only when she was certain she was close enough to Quil to inspect him for injuries that she slammed on her breaks. Kicking up a little bit of dust behind her she arrived closer to his side than the black stag, Destrier was, her muzzle instantly reaching out to begin to inspect him for any injuries after giving a slight nod in Destrier's direction to acknowledge the stag.

She started at his shoulder, and then tried to prod under his wing, checking his sides before circling around and doing the same on the other side. "Are you hurt? What's wrong? Quil... did you do something stupid again?!" She said, continuing her inspection until she was satisfied that no healing herbs were necessary. Something had to be wrong for him to be so distressed - and that something would not result in his death...

When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies

But when his heart was lifted up, and his mind hardened in pride...
Quilyan
...he was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him.

He comes.

In a swirl of mist and a rush of some masculine scent or other that the prince can't quite place, he comes. Relief floods the painted steed, though it is hard to tell from the darting, violet eyes and the tremors that overcome his exhausted body. He is still panting slightly from exertion, but as Destrier greets him he begins to calm. Muzzles meet, a quick greeting, allowed equally from an inability to protest and from actual friendship. Quilyan likes Destrier, of course, which is saying something, seeing as he does not normally get along with other males - something about being a prince left him quite the dominant individual - but one wouldn't know it to look at them now. It is quite obvious that something is wrong, and as he opens his mouth to divulge the information to the WingLeader, he is interrupted.

Pounding hoofbeats are the first to catch his attention, and he starts, he head shooting upwards in surprise and his auds flicking back nervously, but as he recognizes the figure through the dust cloud she throws up, he seems almost to melt, immediately becoming more relaxed. Something about her presence requires him to man up; she cannot see him as weak. He must protect her, and to do that he cannot be a trembling colt. He's a grown stallion. He is strong. "I'm alright, princess," he murmurs for her ears alone as she pokes and prods at his unharmed sides. Clearing his throat, he straightens, one wing sticking in the air to allow Resplendence to check him over and, hopefully, return to cuddle alongside him.

"I've just come from the Spectral Marsh, sir," he tells Destrier, something almost militaristic in the manner with which he addresses the dark steed. "There... something is wrong. I don't know exactly what, but..." He pauses, gathering his thoughts. Zarina chitters from his shoulders and races along his nape to perch on his poll, utterly convinced that she can explain better than he. Ignoring her, he continues. "Everything was... overtaken by darkness. It wasn't just dark, it was evil. It felt like all the happiness and all the light had been sucked out of the world." He couldn't help the shudder that rolled through his body. "If there wasn't magic in it, I'm a monkey -" Zarina shrieked softly, offended, and he silenced her, "- but I couldn't say where it came from. One minute it was all peace and quiet, and the next... it wasn't."

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

RayoDeSoleil.deviantart.com | Ness8Bit.deviantart.com

Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!