the Rift

[OPEN] Warning Call

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

mesec</style>

A pillar of darkness appears atop the waterfall, heralding my arrival to the Foothills. But it is less than graceful as I leap from the boughs of shadow, clearly distraught and fighting to get ahold of myself. With feet back on solid, grassy ground, I danced to the side and look back with wide eyes as though something had been chasing me. Something had been, I knew I wasn't crazy, and though I doubted the entity could follow me through my shadows, I had to make certain.

Only when the all-consuming feeling of dread seemed to lift from me, lingering only in the far corners of my mind but nevertheless there, did I take a deep breath in a meek attempt to calm and recollect myself. If I didn't remain calm, then I had no reason to believe that anybody else would, either. Redirecting my gaze to the outstretched land before me and lifting my head up, I called out for them. "Foothills!!" I cried, not with the intent to take the form or power of a leader, but to simply gather the others and inform them of the possible danger that had come to Helovia once again. We'd already suffered before, just seasons ago -- I could only hope that all would take me seriously.

When they did come, if they did come, I flashed an uncomfortable smile to them. I had never been one to want to be the center of attention, and honestly felt incredibly awkward whenever there were too many eyes on me. But they needed to know, and now was no time to let my discomfort get in the way of that. "Thank you for answering," I spoke up then, my tone calm but still hinting to the fear pent up in the back of my conscious. My eyes fell upon the painted and spotted leaders then, if they had come, and I noticeably dropped my head to them for a brief moment in a sort of apology. I hoped I hadn't stepped on any toes with what I'd done.

Now, I cut to the chase. "I've just come home from the southwestern parts of Helovia, near the marsh," I began to explain, sweeping my gaze across that of the rest to gauge their reactions before going on. "I saw two others fleeing from there; they looked as though they had seen a ghost, or something. I... I've never seen anyone more terrified before. Perhaps it wasn't wise of me, but I went into the marsh to see what could have spooked them so. I didn't think it was anything, but, oh..." A brief shake of my head, and a shuttering sigh. In my mind's eye, the image of the shadows and the water shifting and moving towards me replayed. "I've never been so overcome with a feeling of pure malice. Something came at me from beneath the water, but I didn't stay long enough to find out what it was. Whether this was just me imagining things, or a sign that something's coming, I... I don't know. It isn't my place to say it, but maybe we should all work together to place more night watches for a while."

What else was I to say? Those who didn't know me probably thought of me as nothing more than a boy whose imagination was getting the best of him. But I knew what I had seen, knew what I had felt... and I shuttered again at the sheer memory of it all.

"talk talk talk"
  in the corner of a dark room.
breathless-dk, EveLivesey, and Burtn @ deviantart.com
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

For One More Day, I'm Not Afraid to Fall

"Foothills!"

Apollo's heart skipped a beat, his head snapping upwards at the cry of alarm. Nostrils flared wide, eyes widening, soaking in the surroundings as he tried to understand just what was going on. Were they at war? Did Confutatis come back, attempting to steal the crown from his head once more? A moment of panic flared in the stallion's heart before reason kicked in. No, that wasn't Confutatis... But a male, and one that he knew well. Mesec, it was Mesec. But why did he sound so alarmed?

Turning on his haunches, Apollo wasted no time in following the sound of the young Shadow's voice. Ever since Mesec had joined them, back when the Grey had first taken the Foothills and they had barely begun to live in this land, but just before their ultimate demise, Apollo had been fond of the young hybrid. During the Hellish event of that cursed eternal darkness, Mesec had been like a beacon of hope. He had promised that the darkness would not last forever, that if they banned together, they could prevail... And he had been right.

So when Mesec's voice rang out in genuine alarm, normally such a quiet, modest creature that he was, Apollo knew that there was no reason he should turn the other cheek.

"Mesec!" Apollo called upon spotting the dark colt, pulling himself up short just a few widths away from him. Instead of barraging the youth with a bunch of inquiries, however, the Merciful Chief shut his mouth and allowed the hybrid to speak. Mesec spoke of venturing to the Marsh, and encountering something of malice and ill-intent... The idea that something could be happening in Helovia beneath their noses caused Apollo's gut to clench and his belly to roll, and for a few moments he stood there in a stupor.

He remembered, long ago, when he had first stepped foot in Helovia, that the Marsh had been one of the first places he had ventured to. There, he had met Midas and Fina, and they had wandered the decaying, decrepit place in search of ghosts, as were rumored to wander the place... Yet they had found nothing. What if... What if the terror that had attempted to attack Mesec had been the very spectre's that they had been searching for? Oh, Gods above...

Sucking in a deep breath, Apollo spoke, outstretching his muzzle towards Mesec in a hopes to calm the youth. "I... I'm glad that you're safe, Mesec," the Chief began softly, trying to ensnare his own fear to help calm Mesec's own, "But I think you have a good idea. You've helped us during the terrible Eternal Night, and this time, you've done so again."

Collecting himself, Apollo shook his head, knowing that he needed to be a Chief right now, and not just a friend. "Foothills... Do not turn a blind eye to the information that Mesec has brought to us. Some of you were not here when darkness descended upon Helovia, but like then, we must band together and strengthen ourselves and our borders, should we hope to withstand whatever may be coming. I volunteer myself to help with nightly patrols... Will any of you stand beside us now in this crucial time?"

Perhaps it was nothing... But Apollo wasn't willing to take that chance.

For One More Day, We Try to Save it All

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!