the Rift

Dangers Untold (OPEN)

Labyrinth Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here to the castle beyond the Goblin City to take back the child that you have stolen. For my will is as strong as yours, and my kingdom is as great...You have no power over me.

That of a Rogue is similar to that of a free roaming gypsy. Not one place is necessarily her home. Roaming the lands since she was just a filly with her mother was just something that seemed normal. Two lone females, feeling the fresh air in their lungs, grazing where they please, and seeing the world before them. Outcasts among the many who had somewhere they belonged.

Yet, misfortune is always laying amongst the shallows, awaiting for it's next victim to get lost away in the strength of the tide. Hardship, danger, and those of a dark force always found a way to creep into her life. Why couldn't they just stay out of her way? Then perhaps she wouldn't be on this lonesome hunt for those who have stolen from her. Hours, days, years, have passed, numerous steps have stopped being counted. Her life was now a never ending hunt versus a never ending paradise for the free.

Traveling the lands fearless, and achieving her goal in her fore sight. There was no room to fear like most female facades would, scared of a male form approaching them, or perhaps whatever carnivore lurks in the dark. No, not her, she would not let them smell fear, fear was not in her dictionary.

The turf was soft here, as if many have passed this space once before. Her own stones leaving prints amongst the dusted earth as she traveled forth. Nares were filled with a mixture of crisp freedom air, along with scents of all types of beings. Every single dna detected was going through her database like a front desk clerk almost done with her shift and just trying to get out in time. Where was he? She knew this was the correct way. He must be here or near somewhere. Yet, nothing struck her yet, not him, and not any of his clan, or the one she urned for. Where in the devil was he? Was she stuck within her own labyrinth?

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
The stallion's white form faded between various trees as he slowly drew himself through the maze like forest. After visiting it for so long, he was accustomed to the different places within the vast expanse of trees. Every exit was known to him, a place to get back to the herd he resided in. He had longed for a sense of freedom from his suffocating previous home. The harsh militaristic life where he was subdued to fighting every day. Blood stained his vision, yet he had the gentle heart to still caress his young siblings, and tell them heroic stories as if he didn't have to endure so much gore.

Yet despite all of the war, the white stallion enjoyed his spars here and there--but his residence had become to much. Upholding such a terrible position had become a bore, until the point he sought liberty, taking to the life of an outcast in Helovia. Not long after, Apollo and the Windtossed Foothills had saved him, still allowing him the independence to venture to where he would like to. It was a day like this where he decided to come recruit again in the Threshold.

Footfalls of another entered his ears, as cyan orbs widened with curiosity, pursuing the scent of another. Soon enough he came upon a well built mare, with dark bay coloring. Independent and fierce looking, a friendly smile appeared upon his maw. Appearances could fool, and she might as well be like the other mares he has encountered in this forest: wary, scared and timid. Hopefully this one would not be yet another. "Hello. I am Arrane", with a brief introduction, he kept his distance from her, facing her, a spirited expression painted upon his face. He wouldn't speak until she stated her business and what she was after. A kind smile appeared on his maw as he gazed at her with interest.

Unregistered

Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here to the castle beyond the Goblin City to take back the child that you have stolen. For my will is as strong as yours, and my kingdom is as great...You have no power over me.

Muscles rippled under the cloak of highlighted and shadowed tones. Long, thick, flowing onyx feathers were catching the whispers of the wind as she continued forth through the unknown realm. New place, New face, yet nothing new for her, she was constantly on the move. Seeking, Searching, Hunting.

Obsidian kissed maw dipped down to part the ways of the dust fall amongst the forest floor. So many prints, so many smells. Thick nape snapped up her chiseled skull. One scent was more dominant then the rest, someone, or something was near. Her senses were sharp, hearing, smelling, and sight. Perhaps it was due to constantly having to defend for herself, who ever knew what was hiding behind each turn. One had to be more cautious and informative about reality. There were more beings out to get you rather than for you. That was fact.

The other was less cautious in their pace, she could feel the vibrations of their steps from the floor. They knew this place, they were familiar with its’ surroundings. A native born perhaps? Or just one who was venturous. Her instincts had kicked in, they were closing in on her. Petite ears flicked in all directions to pick up their location. AH HA! THERE! Serpentine snapping her skull within the direction of the life form. Muscles flexing, body tensing, ears pinned flat, she moved in a gliding motion towards the figure rather than backing away. Heaving her bodice forth at him, stones hitting the turf roughly a foot or so before his. Mug could of easily moved inches to touch his, orbs seeping into the others’, as if she was attempting to be a mind reader. Nares flared once more, taking ever dna strand they could possible endure, it was not who she was looking for. Perhaps he would never appear, if he was intelligent, he would remain hidden from her free spirit.

But this male was possessing what some call a “smile” upon his character. And what emotion was this pouring from his soul? It looked like…..kindness? Was that possible? She realized he had originally kept his distance, before she so rudely intruded his. With realization she took a few steps back, giving him back the respect he at first had given her. Ears flicked back to on, rather than pinned. Bow was arched, protruding muscles from each side, fore left limb was lifted and then stomped abruptly on top of earth’s crust. Arrane. Fully noted. Scent, Appearance, was now filed away with his dubbance among her filing system. He was clean.

”Greetings.”

Head was shaken from side to side as the detection of a bug had landed upon the bottom of her arch. She was in the forest after all. Still confused on how one of the male gender could be displaying a smile, not a sneer, and exuded kind warmth from him. How odd. You could never trust anybody, which was another fact. She snorted, officially clearing his stench from her brain pan. Pin points of her pools zoomed in, he stood their quiet now. Was he expecting a response? Wouldn’t that be the common “friendly” thing to do respond? Sure. She was feeling ambitious today.

”I was placed upon this earth with the signature, Labyrinth.”

Focus was taken from him for a moment to look around the canvas painted before her of the lands. Looking up, down, left, to right. Which was the correct way? Was he in her way or would he show her the way? And where the heck was she after all.

”Pardon me, but… What is the name of this land? I come from very far, feels as if a different world.”

Attention was back on him. He was quite different compared to the equines she was used to. His coloring was unique, and yet red upon his carcass. Was this blood, or was this a natural defect? Interesting fellow.

OOC : It has been awhile since I have rpged, sorry if some of this is confusing, I am a little rusty lol. HI ! :)

Hidden Account
Orinthia
Muscles rippled under her chocolate hued coat as she sniffed the ground. Upon hearing his approach, the mare's audits pricked up as she pinpointed the well built stallion. Cyan eyes glazed coolly at her, with collected emotions of kindness and friendliness. Snapping into motion, a serpent like but fluid manner, she approached him, stepping into his space.

It didn't bother the warrior, for he knew how to maneuver in case there was a surprise attack. Gazing down into her dark orbs, the smile disappeared but not with distaste. Facial expressions were calm, composed as he simply gazed at her. She didn't intimidate him, nor scare him, but the dark lass could inflict pain on him with her sturdy body.

Nares widening, taking in his windswept scent, he inhaled hers only reading "foreign" on her fragrance. Many smells mingled from many places from vast empires that did not belong to Helovia. With a curt greeting, Arrane nodded his head down with a powerful exhale. "The same to you, Miss", he said a smile starting to form again. It was as if she was checking him to see if he was pure in her handbook.

The laid back stallion didn't mind though, being tranquil at the moment. For all his observations on the other worldly lass, he realized a subtle surprised look on her face. Though trying to make it in evident, Arrane kept on forgetting that males treatment towards the ladies was different from wherever they came from.

"A pleasure to meet you", the smile melted back onto his face, he just couldn't suppress it. He enjoyed conversing with the newcomers, especially ones as confused as Labyrinth. Oh the irony! "Well Labyrinth, you're in a land known as Helovia. I felt the same way when I came here from faraway lands", relating to her experience, he noted the wanderer must have been somewhat tired from journeying. "You must be tired", leaving it at that, he would allow Labyrinth some room to speak and react.

ooc: Hello! :D I'm so glad you decided to join Helovia (I adore your character *.*). It's alright, and actually I would have never guessed you're rusty! xD I perfectly understand everything, but welcome!! :D

Unregistered

Shadows casting from the over hang, made her comfortable. She had lived a life of shadows, slipping in and out of them. On the prowl, ever since her soul was so rudely corrupted. Shadows were the only way to keep moving onwards. So many dangers lurked within each realm, never knowing when they would strike. Dangers evolving from beings, to nature, to the unexplainable.

Even day one of this journey was not a slice of delectable sweets covered in frosting. She remembered it like it was yesterday. The fight, the black out, and then waking up into day one. Where was the youngling? What happened? Where was she? Where did they go? How far ahead of her were they already? So many questions.

She had risen from potential ashes only to set forth into the vast darkness. Limbs were weak, mind was sore from all the thoughts racing around one another, and her time was only ticking away. Miles upon miles she traveled until the very beginning was finally upon her. A stonewall sat before the damsel, high, and long. What type of form was capable of creating rocks piled on top of another to create this fortress? And how would she get in to pass it? For hours she paced the outside wall, looking for an entrance. Patience grew weak and her pacing turned into sprints. Back and forth, back and forth. Where the hell was the entrance?! Maiden ran until she could not any longer and her trunks gave out from under her. Collapsing to the earth’s crust, she heaved for air. What hardship was this?

When she had finally caught her breath, and silence was restored to the air, is when she finally heard the answers to her questions.

Over there.

WHO WAS THAT?!?! What voice was this seeping into her brain pan. Where was it coming from? She nickered, asking who spoke.

I’m over here!

Skull snapped in the direction to the faint vocals. Yet, NOTHING, was there! What trickery was this?!

NOW LOOK DOWN!!!

Orbs rotated, nares widened, what in the world was this?! A small earth like creature sat closely to her limbs that were still pressed to the dust. It was similar to that of a serpent, yet fuzzy on it’s back, blue in coloring, and yet maybe 4 inches long. A small, dainty, little fellow. Pools widened once more. She stayed on the ground to not unsettle the creature’s state. She asked it where was the entrance that it was so kindly referring to.

This way, this way, I will show you.

The small life form slowly crawled forth. She got up slowly so that the dust would not consume him. Baby steps were taken as she followed him along the wall. Finally the party came to a halt. He crawled up the stone wall to a branch that was sticking out like a sore thumb.

Go ahead….pull.

Confused to why she needed to pull it and why the creature was helping her, yet she did what she was instructed to do. Lips parted and ivories clamped to the branch. Nape snapping back with force, and like that, a portal of sorts opened to the right of the branch. Disbelief had settled upon her. A door!

For once in a very long time she had the feeling of joy. Her body filled with warmth, and her mind was clear. She nickered to the little fellow, thanking him. Stones moving through the door, and like that….once again.....…darkness.

Reality. The land of Helovia. Here she was, before a stag who physically casted that of war, and yet was glowing with open arms. Such a contradiction. He was polite, she’d give him that. He was also once a foreigner as herself. Helpful.

Was she tired? Good question. She couldn’t remember the last time she actually slept. A sigh was dispersed from the lungs. Focus was taken off him once again to the territory around the pair.

”I don’t even know how to define “being tired” anymore.”

As she brought her once exhaled sigh back into her lung capacity, she noticed a strand in his scent. He was perhaps once a foreigner, but not now. Others had been near him, she could smell them. Stream of another soil was also upon his carcass. He lived in these lands now, but not on this particular turf. So what was his business.

”You must be tired as well. I can tell you have traveled from a different soil, still from among this realm, but not too close either.”

Image Credit

Hidden Account
Orinthia
Chocolate pools once again lost interest in the stallion as she observed the scenery, avoiding his gaze. She seemed in somewhat of a daze, switching from looking at him to the surrounding landscape of forest. Labyrinth was not to be blamed, for it must be a heck of a something to be a new place that she didn't even know of. Helovia. Such a vast place with its perks, and so many places to wander to. It had been a long time since Arrane had set foot outside of the Foothills and Threshold. The last time he did so, his heart was crushed by a mare that was too much like his beloved. The only thing was that she probably loathed him at this point.

Sighing and shaking his head to rid memories, he realized that the dark mare spoke. A chuckle escaped his sturdy chest as he gazed at her with friendly orbs. "My, I guess you must be exhausted", good naturedly, he pawed the ground. "I wouldn't blame you", he muttered under his breath. Poor Miss, she must have gone through a lot. "Ah yes. Not too far, but I reside in a place known as the Windtossed Foothills. It is my new home that has filled the hole my heart once had", vocals were steadily streaming, giving her a chance to absorb. Well, the hole almost filled up.

"I was wondering, if maybe you seek shelter?" Another question came to his velvet lips. Exhausted, and probably starving, Arrane offered his home for her to come back with him to.

Unregistered

Glazed pools were taking everything in at once, was she stuck amongst her memories, was she able to ever escape, and have closure. What was the next step in the journey? His extended offer was kind, but was it right? Which way was right for Christ sake, every turn could be the wrong way! Take one step forth, dead end. Take two steps back, to only take a different turn that ends up being right. Every move had to be made strategically.

Frustrated among the suppressed time to make a decision relatively quickly, she let out a vibrant snort. Pushing her air waves clear from lung capacity to and from nares. Warm air exuding from them, only to be sucked right back in. But Wait! What was this new hint arising? Nostrils began to flare almost as in a panic, or flight mode. Skull was smashed to the earth, kissers parting the dirt. A new kind was detected. One that was not here too recently, however WAS here. This was the strand she was looking for. Serpentine, muscular, archway lifted her cranium back to it's full potential. A light breeze brushed the pair gently, carrying with it, a present for her. The whisps of the wind trickled nonsense into her brain pan. Playing images in her head and whispering her secrets. He was here. In this land of Helovia.

Maiden arched her neck tightly, extension was given in release as she reached her mug in the direction of the new comer named Arrane. Another breeze had approached them as it made her tassels dance within the air's pathway. Eyes were glistening, she had reached her end of the maze. Her journey was now about to be at an end, well soon at least.

And as if the G-ds were watching down upon her, Arrane had asked if she needed shelter. Perhaps this would lead her closer? Or bide her some time to explore the lands amongst that of potential friends and "back up". The invitation was too good. I guess it is true, just being in the right place at the right time.

"Shelter does sound quite soothing."

Graciousness returned to her physique. Bold femme aborted her right stone from the earth to pick it up in an arch that similar to a flamingo on one leg. A toss of the cranium, a stamp of it back in place, she was ready.

"I would be honored if you took me towards your shelter. I am lucky that you have come across my way."

Let's get on with it then now shall we? Her excitement was to not be displayed.

Image Credit

Hidden Account
Orinthia
The trees in the forest slightly rustled as Arrane waited in silent anticipation. She seemed to be in deep thought, shifty eyes switching their gaze here and there. It was almost as if she was still confused... and he wouldn't blame her for being so. It was almost as if the white stallion had pressured Labyrinth to quickly to make a decision. The dark mare seemed frustrated, her kissers meeting the ground, and her nose flaring with irritation. Arrane's ears never switched position, but he almost seemed wary, wanting to back off and give her some time to think. He hadn't meant to upset the weary wanderer.

After moments of deep concentration, her neck craned to face the white stallion, and dark orbs glanced to curious cyan eyes. A foreign look seemed to cross her face, and it felt like a safe expression. A smile melted like butter onto his maw, seeing how her orbs glistened. The breeze that passed through ruffled their manes through the silence, as she finally brought herself to speak. "Considering the fact you look so tired", his voice was almost at a whisper, he was at loss for words at this point. She seemed so confused, and all the stallion wanted to offer was help.

"Well, consider yourself at home when you arrive. Follow me, if you want to see my haven", he smiled, overjoyed they were on the way back to the Foothills.

//do you want me to make a new thread in the Foothills for you? :3