the Rift

[OPEN] The dawn after a shining star

Eris_ Posts: 97
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Frostie
E R I S

The Empress hated the fact that there was a crowd. Standing at a distance, Eris studied the large crowd around a tree. Honestly, they all appeared happy which annoyed Eris more than anything. Her own hooves scraped along the ground at she wondered over to the tree that seemed to have everyone's interest. Sighing The Blood Empress shrugged past a winged mare and then stopped before the tree. "Well then." Muttered Eris without actually knowing what annoyed her. Perhaps it was because she was beaten and bloody because of a traitorous bitch and everyone else was happy. Her face was a hard mask of stubborn anger. Inside...inside she was just numb. Her eyes looked over the beaches, their bright colours slamming the cheerful mood into her face. Eris supposed it wasn't all that bad, maybe she would be able to get a small token from the tree. Her bright blue orbs looked the tree up and down, silence seemed to be most appropriate. Not many were saying anything at all. The Empress had arrived here while hunting for feathers, she needed them to gain her own companion. The ground was empty of feathers however. Sighing, Eris looked up at the tree again.

What kind of magic was it using to attract everyone to it's base? Her eyes narrowed in suspicion. Eris wondered if she would actually be able to walk away from the tree...were her legs enchanted so that the tree was now in full control of her body? Purposefully, the mare picked up a vermillion leg and then stomped the ground. No...she was overreacting. Definitely still in control of her own limbs...so what was so fantastic about this tree? Her blue eyes narrowed as Eris looked over the tree, the whole concept entirely baffled her.

300 words.

They built my city on top of a grave,
Now the dead roam the street like a rotting parade,
Quarantined and forgotten for days,
These are the stories of those who have gotten away

Ricochet the Incendiary Posts: 133
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.2 hands :: 5 years Buff: BULK
Blu
It stirred in his blood, the faintest feeling of a summoning, gathering in his arteries and pulsing through his veins, strengthening as each moment trickled by. The world was breathless, the hours timeless, and the dunskin moved as if in a trance, listening for the source of the silent call. His breath whistled too loud in the gathering quiet, his muscles were too tense for the softness of the evening light, and his heart beat too quick for the peace of an autumn night. Ricochet shrugged away the tightness in his shoulders, forced himself to breathe easy, as the unquiet grew, murmuring soundlessly in his darkly lined ears. It thrummed through him, a second heartbeat, and at last he relented.

The grasses rustled beneath his hooves as he moved, nostrils quivering as he tested the air. There was no malice in the wordless voice; there was light and dreams and wishes, coalescing into his bloodstream, lightening the shadows of his volatile soul, easing the aches in his thudding heart.

Forwards he went, eyes gleaming dully, as the evening light spilled out over his buttermilk coat, turning him milky gold, his mane and tail jet as shadows, writhing in the faintest of breezes. Thick forest gave way to rolling meadow, grasses still lush despite the onslaught of frigid fall, green and gold and brown, faded in the sunset. Through the haze created by the setting sun, he looked ahead, teal eyes narrowing against the brightness; the tightness in his chest eased, and an inexorable joy came over him, giving his lips a cheerful quirk before he straightens them firmly, shaking away such emotions. It could be dangerous, this thing. Helovia was full of magic both nefarious and angelic- it didn't matter that this call felt good. Anyone- anything- could disguise its true intentions.

There is a second sun on the horizon. Ricochet's brows knit, suspicion in his eyes, but Guns does not bark or do anything else, instead staying quiet. The Incendiary glances towards the collie, a shrug rippling down his shoulders. Hopefully it was nothing bad... who knows, maybe it was even a god.

As they approach, the dunskin's jaw parts ever so slightly, before shutting firmly. It is a bird, glowing white as the sun, so bright that it gives his eyes an ache to look at. Around it, animals gather, equines and pegasi and unicorns. A squirrel leaps out from beneath his hooves, scurrying away with a bob of its tail, and Guns hardly turns away from staring at the mighty tree. Guns? Not taking an easy meal? Now, that was strange.

Ricochet halts a safe distance away from the others, hooves scuffing the earth, and he rumbles his discontent and unease.

HP: 49.5
We want you for the Equine Empire.

Godiva Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
and she whispered in tears "the beauty seldom dies but it seems so often, when the evil withstands"

godiva
/////////////////////////////

In a leisurely fashion, she was enjoying the crisp winds the seasonal shift contributed, body retaining it’s firm angles and taut lines by way of the many ventures, however casual, that kept her physique actively engaged in purposeful movement. Rosen gaze was downturned to view the world, from the bottom of long lashes, peering at the distant figures gathered around a feature of the nearby landscape she did not recall. How curious…Her far reaching gaze was superior to most, and her memory second to few. Interest summoned by the congregation; it was no battle, and the disarray of figures lacked the structure she expected from those gathered in a formal meeting. Curious as to what baited lure had drawn them, the lilac seraph descended, sparing the boughs and phoenix crown a very generous berth as she circled down parralel to the trees placement, curious examining it’s festive regalia with her silken hair writhing and eyes gently drawn in concentrated vigilance.

Ah, just a tree? But a lovely one, and that alone was enough to please her; Godiva was a lady perhaps too easily appeased by things that appealed to the eye. Wings fluttered closed, and fore and hind legs eased gently to the earth, she having landed a few meters away from a resting stallion that bore a dark uniform and hair the color of mist; the mare angled her head curiously at the tree, the gifts, full of wonder but her tongue remaining held. She felt no familiarity to any there, but at the same time, a leg was faintly extended with a lazy sway, leading the entirety of her form to ease into motion and closer to masses.

image credit

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily
(Will edit to add table later)

Aaron and Alanna were making a rare family outing. Sakura and Azale were close by, but not right behind them. After all the weather was getting colder, and he wanted his sisters close. He was rather upset that Takara had choosen to leave the Edge, but knew his littlest sister wanted to be free. They had been so proctive of her because of her being blind, now she hadto stand on her own hooves and make it in the wild. Aaron constantly had been sending young Alanna to track his kid sister, to check on her well being. So far nothing had happened.

Today found the small family in the Thistle Meadows, as the sun was starting to set.. Aaron tried to think of the last time he had been here. Was it with Kimber? He believed so, and before that with Kutlu trying to convience her that he was good enough for Ophelia.... At the thought of the last two names, Alanna grumbled in his head Better than both of them, they not worthy of you Aaron chuckled. Soon they would need to head home, where they were safer than out here in the open.

That is when he saw the strange tree everyone else seemed to be gathering around. The tree was trimmed in gold and silver, and a pheonix sat at the top like a star... It was one of the most beautiful things he had ever seen. Carefully he led his sisters forward, Alanna at his side. They were the first from the Edge to arrive, many from the wilds and the Basin were already here... He could only hope that peace would prevail this night.

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Cypress Posts: 72
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 12 hands :: 10 months
Cy
Oh yes, this was the place Cypress had met the horrible colt of the name Reginald. His voice was still stuck in the back of her mind, a horrible thought. His stormy grey eyes, glaring at her. She did not like the sight of the horrible colt. His hate for her had grown.

And now, she was in the land where she had met him. The Thistle Meadow. He was with Delienne and Azarel when she had first seen the colt. She didn't care for him in any way, but she was here once again. It bugged her slightly as she was heading away from the forest where she had met the black man of bat's wings. She had liked him, for his thoughts and hers were similar. But that was not all, he could have taken advantage of her being alone, killing her. But he did not. A kind man he was.

Cypress was brought back to the waking world as she noticed the beautiful hum of a humming bird. It buzzed by her ears, making them flick happily, stirring the small rose that sat upon them. She smiled as she watched the humming bird take flight higher into the sky, then off into the dawn light. Cypress broke into a run, her gaze following the bird of beauty. She wanted to see where it was going. It did not take long to notice the flaming bird perched atop a tall pine. Was that a pine? Cypress did not know, it was strung with too many beads of gold and silver, too many ornaments of glass to know what type of tree it was. But it was beautiful, making more light in the dawn sky. Others had gathered around it, few she had known from past times. The humming bird had made its way to a glass ornament, it seemed to like the shining clear thing. Maybe it was trying to remind Cypress of a past event. The wall! Kahlua! Maybe she was here, maybe the little bird wanted to tell her. But Cypress didn't see her among the gathering equines, but she wished she had. There was few with glass body parts, items. Maybe they had gotten them from Kahlua! Cypress didn't know. But it was a sight to see a glass horn. It was atop a black mare's head. Half her face was splattered with white. A mix of crimson mixed with the white. It was a beauty. She had also seen Lena there, the mare she had met in the threshold. She had also met Vladic and Cicron there. But now, she just stared at the tree in awe. Watching until her eyes burned with the mesmerizing light the blazing bird gave off. "Wow" she whispered still staring at the animals gathering around, a question came across her mind, why had they gathered there? Was it because of something magical? Cypress wanted to know. She then, looked down at the base of the tree to see...

Talk
[Image: 15d7tjd.jpg]
Permission for magic or cruelty directed to Cypress at all times. But not death.
Pixel-Tamme

Sakura Posts: 41
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 16hh :: Two Years (at time of death) Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Right behind my big brother I stode along into the meadows. It was so beautiful here, but nothing like home. I guess each land has its own beauty in its own way... The only place I can not ever imagine being beautiful is the Basin.. After all, how could a pack of murderers live in a beautiful place? Ok ok, maybe not all the ones who live to the north were killers. But the little I knew of them said that most seemed to be. As I had grown, I am looking more and more like a mix of my murdered parents. I have the more solid and strong looking body of my mother, but the long locks and sweet temper of my father... That is unless you mess with my family... I hope one day I will be able to pass my parents looks down to the next generation.

My brother's attention was caught by a strange gathering, and our paths changed. We instead of continuing on home, headed for a tree. This was no ordinary tree. It was, decorated with gold and silver with a beautiful bird at the top. The fire around the bird intreged me. I hung close to my family, feeling vunrable around so many of those from the north. I could only use my calming magic on them, and it may not even work.... I was not a fighter, I was a healer.... As we moved closer to the tree I wondered what this all means?

Azale Moniet Posts: 49
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 3 Years Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Barely above my younger sister and big brother I flew. It was an amazing feeling to know I would never have to kill another small animal again if I did not want or need to. Need only being if myself or my family were attacked. The cool OrangeMoon evening air felt good in my mane and tail. However as the sun dropped lower I to dropped to the ground gracefully. Ever since my return to the Vein of the Gods and my chat with the God of the Sun, my coat had gleamed like never before. Not just my coat however. My mane and tail no longer seemed knotted and tangled. I was clean and beautiful. I also was more confident now that I had my magic. I could finally with a wave of my wings, or so I hoped, could protect my family from harm. To much loss had hit us in the last year, I would not allow it to happen again.

That's when I saw it. Wordlessly Aaron, Sakura and I turned to head for the strange tree everyone seemed to be gathering around. In awe I stared at the top, a beautiful pheonix. The tree was decorated in gold and silver as well. I was amazed by the sight. The others that had gathered were possible enemies, but tonight I hoped we could keep a peace. There was just something about this night that was different. Maybe for one night, we could all be friends. Just maybe... If no one tried to kill anyone I cared about.
[Image: 51535cdaae0d8]
"Oh the things we do for power..."
lines by tamme; coloring by paddeh

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
With a fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene

The dawn broke on this morning with a certain brightness that helped clear the dark from Ampere's mind. Even she, wrapped int he shawl of self-pity and lonely misery, was touched by the rising warmth of today's sun. It brought a smile, however fleeting, to her lips and encouraged her to stretch her legs and wander.

Following the loss of the orb to Oxy, Ampere hadn't felt very hopeful or happy about anything. After all, in the greatest hour of need, she had failed. The significance of that event stayed in her conscious with every waking hour, and more often than not, even those lost to slumber. It grew like a worry in the back of her thoughts, eventually overwhelming everything else and making her feel heavy.
She hadn't flown since.

Normally one to cherish the skies, the lead-weight of her heart kept her grounded. Emotional wreckage aside, her body was still knitting itself together, a limp still evident as she hobbled through the fields, picking at breakfast as she moved.

The glimmering, tinsel-endowed sight of the giving tree before her though led her to pause. Breath rushed in like a cold splash of water, invigorating her lungs and thawing the hardened shell against her heart. Was this the hope she had felt tingling against her skin as she roused from sleep? Was this the aroma of promises that prickled her nose with every inhale?

She thought as much, curiously watching each horse that came and went. Though she remained shy, the scars still forming on her various wounds, she felt the need to touch this beacon. Gently she strode forward, reaching out to the bark of the tree as though it was the gentle muzzle of her grandfather, ready to lead her away to an adventure.

If only for this one day, at least this hope was something.

A M P E R E
DREAMING OF _R E V E L R Y

bronzehalo.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Takara Posts: 19
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 14.3 :: Yearling Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Why I was here I did not know. It was becoming more and more of a pain to be on my own outside of the protective walls of the Edge. However I would not go back for anything in the world. I loved being away from my family. Granted there had already been a few times I had to take off running to keep myself safe, but it was ok. I knew my big brother was sending Alanna to find me day to day... I had smelled her many times, and smiled knowing my family still loved me even if I had to do things my way. I just could not stand around under a family that did not feel like family. Only Aaron, Sakura and Azale were my true family... Maybe Kimber too.

I could tell the day was ending, as it was getting colder and colder as I moved along. My keen sense of hearing picked up quickly the sound of several others close by. Wondering what was going on I moved to go find out. My pace was slower, but I got there soon enough. I could not tell what was here, but I could smell the scents of my siblings and others. Others that were from other herds and other outcasts like me. Why we were all here however I did not know. After all, my eyes would not allow me to see. I was to curious for my own good sometimes. All I could hope for was that no one attacked me.

Zuriel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Crowns are made to thirst for blood
She follows the crowd, a shadow of moonlight in a sea of forms, drawn by some devilry to a lone tree in a field. Sauntering on limbs of steel, the Seraph strides among equine and winged, blue eyes narrow and crown held high; there are enough of her own that she feels secure, but not enough to speak, to flaunt. Strangers, all; she has so many to meet, our angel of death, so many souls still to sow for her Reaper's scythe. Zuriel follows in Deimos' wake, a sauntering sailor on the waves of the wind. What custom is this, which draws them all hence to some unremarkable place; what tradition can hold them all captive, their abject eyes cast forward in awe of some unremarkable tree. Gifts, she figures, material goods; what else could possibly bring a collection as strange and motley as this into communion, but the promise of greatness and power and such?

The angel doesn't protest, of course; she will accept whatever offerings this damn tree presents. But she finds it amusing, a spectacle of mortal nature, and will not rid herself of entertainment at the expense of her fellows on this, the day of giving horses will never understand.

Z U R I E L
THE_ S E R A P H I M

closingtimex.deviantart.com

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

The burned red
you got high on every little game

At the end of darkened days there was always a careful eye holding to the sky for change. Tonight something was different. There was only one bright star giving light. What had cast them all away? Made it burn brighter than the rest? Enchanted the red maned began to follow its twinkling lure. Soon finding the sensation of peace holding her. It was odd, but not unwelcome. Wasn't she always seeking to hold tight to that feeling? Silver hooves fell and rose in careful thought along the ground it seemed she was not the only one to behold radiant light. The distance she saw a herd of horses, horned, winged, and bare head beneath it. They did not hold her sight long for it was upon a grand evergreen sat a fiery phoenix. Never seeing one in person, its flamed danced in her widened eyes, and with tucked ears she tried to draw closer. The rest of the tree was dressed in beautiful trinkets and decor. With a quirked brow she marveled, how had this been done? What did this mean?

Half tempted to force herself invisible she did not, and instead suffered the crowds trying to get closer in a kindly fashion. She had spotted Deimos, and a pale lady with an impressed crown. Then, yes she was certain Imogen. He became the direction of her long limbs. With a smile gracing her lips she attempted to stand beside Lena. Faelene remained reverent, listening to her gentle hum, and the off beat of so many strangers gathered. Staring down upon its bark she spotted a familiar Pegasus, and her ears cringed back in guilt. Some how she thought if she tried to offer apology the blue blazed lady would wonder what the hell she was talking about. Instead she held her place, wondering how long this wonder would last. Again what it meant.

[Image: faeleneicon.png]

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

Can I clear my conscience, if I'm different from the rest
Do I have to run and hide

Thistle Meadow.

A precious place to a colt who was born, along with his twin brother, here amongst the colourful grassland. It was here that his bright blue eyes, the eyes of his mother, glimpsed Helovia for the very first time. It was peaceful and important. Sacre found himself travelling there one evening following the light of a strange lone star, contemplating the quest given to him by the Queen of the stars, a red rose tied newly into his mane which had the colt glancing back now and then with wonder and admiration. He had wanted to come to his birth place in order to breathe and think about the troubling words spoken to him not too long ago, however the once tranquil meadow he remembered was cluttered. Cluttered with horses!

Not only that, the crown of the grasses had to be the great tree, it's presence further enthused by a burning bird. Sacre's eyes widened and he wondered across to it in almost a trance of wonder, his rigid movements betraying him of the nervousness he felt in the presence of so many. This bird wasn't like any he'd seen before, not like Rishima's scary half bird and not at all like the bird he and Roux found in the mountains. It was almost like he was walking through a dream, perhaps he'd passed out somewhere along the way or maybe he'd died and this was heaven. Did it matter? All the boy felt was happy, for a brief moment, pure happiness. He knew this was something special, he had seen many great and beautiful things recently, life truly did seem magical despite the chaos. Scents mingled with scents, many foreign and few familiar. When finally he made it to the tree the boy stood, mind committing it to important memory, thoughts wishing Roux would appear to share in the moment with him. For a beautiful event was only made more beautiful when spent with those closest.

"Amazing!" Was all the child could manage to express his complete awe as his gaze wondered about the tree, a big boyish smile growing onto his lips as he laughed blissfully.

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Confutatis the World Eater Posts: 179
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 9 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Mongrel :: Common Kitsune :: Dark Illusions wanda
The Mongrel led her there, a shadow slithering through the shade, black on black, eyes glowing with a dim light, teeth bared in wicked grin, taking joy in the night. They moved on through day, the sunshine aching in their eyes, but Confutatis followed her Mongrel in silence, wearing her thin smile on thin lips, her vindictive pleasure in life faded. Together they were, in silent unison. Once every so often the Lady Death stopped, cropping at coarse grass, and her kitsune would leap and scrabble his way to her broad back, where he bit at her withers and lapped at her blood. She did not mind the pain. She liked how it tasted when it was Mongrel who gave her the gift... and she liked the joy that echoed through their bond as Mongrel pleasured in the glistening red blood that flowed. Eventually, the scabs and scarring was too thick for Mongrel to chew through with his needle teeth, and he gave way sullenly. She offered him her face, but he didn't take it.

Mongrel liked his companion. They suited each other quite well, in his nefarious opinion. Some might say he was brainwashed, unable to understand there were other, better ways to live life than lurking in the shadows, preying on the succulent, tender flesh of baby rabbits wabbits. He didn't think so. She encouraged his hungry, taught him to let the corruption in his heart overtake his mind, and he bathed in the darkness, dreamed of death.

They were a magnificent duo.

Together they moved towards the tree, a blight in the golden light emitted from the phoenix, uncaring of their hideous darkness, edging their way around death and other unseemly things. They wondered how the phoenix would taste, but they didn't dare try to eat it. It might burn their tongues.

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

d'Artagnan the Nightshade</style>
                                                                                               Death will know your name.</style>
A flash of red hugs the shadows and follows the star nestled in the evening sky. A demon eyes the beacon with great suspicion, the creator of such light was a creature who liked to take what she wanted and leave him with the shattered pieces. However, this light didn't give him the ominous feeling that she did, instead it glittered with cheer and love, happiness and giving. Disgusting, frivolous emotion. He followed it with a grim look, interest becoming more piqued when many scents filled his nostrils and soon the Thistle Meadow opened up before him and d'Artagnan saw many things at once.

The first he was drawn to was the tree itself, his eyes immediately drawn to the fire with a sickening feeling which he swallowed as his gaze turned sceptic to the animals crowding it and the phoenix who was the source of the fire. Behind him, Aramis moved to his bonded's side with a look that mirrored d'Artagnan's, indeed they had never seen anything like this before and neither were sure whether it was down right strange or they were both intoxicated. The latter being the most likely. It was a few moments later when the shade finally moved to look about him, his heart going from happy leaps at familiar faces to the dull thud of hate for those without the crown jewels. He smirked at Seele and nodded respectfully to the Engineer and the Reaper, smiling thinly to Arah and Lena before moving on to stand in front of the old tree next to an old friend who he attempted to bump shoulders with as he did. Mauja. He chose to say nothing this time and instead examined the tree with a cringe, but he couldn't pass up on gaining something new. The master of poison appreciated 'free' produce.

It was then he spotted a familiar dark shadow stained in red, eyes of Kou and a horn that dripped in the colour d'Artagnan loved to paint with. Sacre. His gaze became surprised before being left with a gentle frown, silently admiring the fine young horse his son was growing into and shocked at the amount he'd grown. "How strong you look, my son" he offered Sacre with his typical rough tone.

image credits

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Colt Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14 hh :: 5 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Dark

Ever on a scouting adventure for those able to join the cause, and to find a place absent of anyone but her own kind, Colt was on the move. Since speaking up at the meeting she'd drawn even more attention to herself, making her task of playing nice even more difficult than ever. It might have been wiser to just roll in the grass and mold herself into the hills, but as she knew well, nothing good ever comes of taking the easy route. If she wanted to advance the domination of the equine race, she'd have to be willing to take some risks from time to time, so long as they were smart risks.

She needed the Foothills to trust her, and that could only be accomplished by letting them know her. Or at least, letting them think they knew her.

She smiled into the grass, pleased with herself, as she moved through the meadows, only stopping when she noticed the gathering that was beginning to crowd around the tree lit by its own kind of starlight and glitter. For a moment Colt was fearful of it, particularly as it stood like a promise for all that which she loathed - equality togetherness of all kinds and all talents. It was enough to make her stomach roil.

However, though always erring on the side of caution with a sprinkle of paranoia, Colt remained steadfast in her pause and watched. What she saw amazed her, as it seemed some walked away with a companion orb in tow or with new found powers, some perhaps even swollen with child? That made her worry for a whole other reason. Then Ricochet approached, and she watched, anticipating. If he could do it, surely she was just a brave?
All back to be willing to take risks, she thought with a smidge of confidence, striding forward to the tree to partake of its gifts as well, hoping it would provide something she needed to kill the Incendiary or everyone else with wings and horns.

A bomb would do nicely.

HAPPINESS IS A WARM GUN

[Image: 5518a658038f0]
The Equine Empire wants YOU! Assuming you refers to an equine.
Join the movement.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

we are like birds of a feather
we are two hearts joined together
we will be forever as one
my brother under the sun </style>

It had been the birds that I first noticed. As evening came upon Helovia, the feathered beings had all seemed to take to the sky at once and take their leave. At first, I had blamed it on the approach of Frostfall and dismissed it as nothing more than they were merely getting a head-start on their southern travels. But soon after, the squirrels, raccoons, deer and every other being that called the World's Edge home began to depart. I stood at the borders just outside the glass wall surrounding our home, dumbstruck as every creature big and small, predator and prey, converged towards a more central area of Helovia.

"Oaf, hurry!!" Cried Suli's still young, childish voice in my mind. Lifting my gaze, I watched as she flew overhead, twisting and turning, flipping and twirling in a display of impatience. It was plain to see that whatever was driving everyone together was getting to the little green just as well, and while my warrior mind warned that I should stay lest this be a trick, the rational side of my mind assured that there was no possible way that somebody could cause this sort of reaction out of the whole of nature. I was clearly torn for a long moment, but finally I moved from my stationary position and moved forward, falling in line with the rest, Suli's ever happy dragon song filling the air as we went.

Our adventure eventually brought us to the Thistle Meadow, and once there, it wasn't the numerous faces of other equids that caught my eye nor the sheer amount of bodies gathered, but the grand tree that all seemed to be affixed on. It was beautiful, glittering and draped with all sorts of things brought by those who had come. Though I had nothing to contribute myself, Suli wasted no time flying up to the tree, a colorful, unusually shiny rock clutched within her claws. In the junction of two larger limbs was where she nestled it, giving a joyous chirrup before she let the tree be and descended back to me, settling comfortably on the crest of my neck.

"It's beautiful," I mused aloud, shifting my weight and cocking one hind hoof beneath me. The sight was absolutely marvelous, and for the moment, I didn't even care to think of why the creatures had all gathered to decorate this single tree so.

"Speak."

image by blu | table code by tamme

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Beowulf Posts: 48
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18Hh :: 8 winters HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Mykah :: Canadian Lynx :: None Eaglecry

Beowulf
...And the beast did come

T
he hairy beast made his way south from his newly found home. Reluctant; slightly, to leave the snow and mountains he's so called home for many years now. Though what dragged him away was the sudden commotion and through fair of others making their way south. It sparked a little hint of curiosity inside the, slow moving giant. Don't be fooled by that however, for he had enough muscle to carry him far, he, himself did not see the point in a rush, For it was not the rabbit that won the race in the end.
Plodding along Beowulf wanted to see what was happening, but as the snow began to lessen, the more he found himself glancing back to the snow capped mountain range. Blue tinged eyelids flickered over orange pearls, almost like that of a shutter upon a camera lens. Capturing the moment for times sake.

There were many about, all but one the stag did not recognize. Though that was understandable, he had only just arrive, but a few days ago. The one he did though, She stood out like a beacon in the dark. Her white coat so striking against all the others. Even those too just as pale. A gentle smile played amongst the hairy beasts, face. Glad to see a face he was slowly getting to know.
Some where just leaving, others just arriving like him. Though no other looked anything remotely like him. He was a one of a kind. However even being this close to the cold mountains, the lack of snow; to act much like a cooling vent, Beowulf was already beginning to sweat. Even with the bitter air. With the onslaught of winter his extra, extra layer of fluff was almost through fully. His body was still not adjusted to life outside the land of ice and snow. The Basin just a fraction of his before homelands. To him, this was a holiday, the beginning of something new and quite possibly great.

Walking towards the white mare, the stag gave her a gentle nod of acknowledgement. A sign that showed he had seen her. "What, may I ask, is happening here, Miss Arah lady?" Lady...? Like really are you kidding me? The beast scolded himself. Just a week away from home and his speech was already failing him, such sacrilege to his home kingdom.
Something to do with the tree, something was happening about it, by the sounds his ears had picked up from the chatter spreading around the hills like wild fire. With so many others around, the buzz of speech filled his drums, a little too much for his liking, it was beginning to make his head hurt. He liked the quite and vast open space in the harsher climates and arctic tundra. Most of the time you did not see you herd mates for some time. reunions where just that much more special, especially because you never knew who might not return.

Focusing his gaze upon the base of the tree, orange orbs glared into the open space, though something seemed different here, something that wasn't of this world. And there he waited; just like the rest, he assumed.

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
TORLEIK
Long is the winter of a man's soul

Word had reached him of this magnificent tree in the Thistle Meadow, and Torleik's curiosity got the better of him. Traveling with Irelyn on his back as always, the rabicano stallion made his way to the flatter, more temperate land of Helovia, wondering what sight he would see. When he arrived there were already so many gathered round...he wasn't sure there was much place for him here.

Many he recognized. Beowulf was there. Mauja. Arah. That strange mare from Helovia's Heart (he thought - perhaps he was wrong; they were some distance apart). Deimos. Ampere. So many. If Brisa was among them, his eyes did not find her and that was a shame; he would have enjoyed seeing her again, sharing a calm moment.

Approaching the tree in wonder, he took in the many decorations and chuckled at Irelyn's lust for the shiny and colorful things she saw. She wanted to put them in her nest, make it beautiful like the tree. 'We cannot take from this tree. These things are not ours,' he gently declined, earning himself a huff, but Irelyn understood. She couldn't be a sneak thief after all.

Amongst all these other bodies, Torleik realized he felt alone. This gathering...they were all so separated in so many ways, even when they managed to mingle like this without overt prejudice. Was Ophelia here? He scanned the crowd but found no sign of the lovely white and red-tinged mare who offered him a calm and accepting haven with her company. Arlo - had he made it? Paladin? Fallyn? That mare with the dagger...and the one who had apologized to him at the Edge's wall (the one who'd made it)...were they here too?

Realizing there were too many faces and it would be too difficult to attempt to greet any and all that he would want to, Torleik slipped into the shadows and simply watched. Perhaps if there were more happenings like this in the land everyone would be less hateful outright towards others.

In any case, it was a beautiful night and the tree was lovely. The stallion appreciated the beauty for what it was worth and let it give him a small amount of joy to warm his soul.

Credits: Image by Flowering Fatality @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
The Giving Tree is fair and kind to those who patiently wait by her side.
(if your name isn't included, you don't have enough posts since the last week of November)

To ARAH the Giving Tree offers a crown of ice that will never melt!
- Item: Ice Crown | A pretty, silvery colored crown made of ice that sits between her ears and cannot be shaken from her head.

To LENA the giving tree offers amulets of many, to protect her from the world's harm.
- 4 amulets, any kind!

To ROSKULD the brave and somewhat loud, the Giving Tree sighs and offers her the future.
- Time Magic (any of them on your wishlist!)

To DEIMOS the Giving Tree grunts and rudely extends her boughs, promising fertility in the stars of Gemini.
- Twin pass, no magic

To ERIS the Giving Tree offers a cape of the finest pelts, leopards and wild cats to match her wild soul.
- Item :: A cape (or blanket or other clothy item) made of wild animal skins.

To RICOCHET a gift for the future. She offers a bough from her own self, giving him immunity for times to come.
- Item :: Pine branch that will protect him from disease and future damage for the seasons of Orangemoon and Frostfall.

To GODIVA a gift for the future, that her next child be lovely and fair.
- Foal stats, no magic

To AARON a gift to protect. She offers a pine cone from her own self.
- Item :: Pine cone that will protect him from disease and future damage for the seasons of Orangemoon and Frostfall.

To CYPRESS a trinket that is large and lovely.
- Large item

To SAKURA a gift for future fertility!
- Foal stats, no magic

To AZALE a series of amulets, to protect and care for her!
- 4 amulets, any kind!

To AMPERE the tree gives a feather from a nesting bird which will help in times to come.
- Item :: Bird feather that will protect him from disease and future damage for the seasons of Orangemoon and Frostfall.

To ZURIEL the tree gives a trinket, large and shiny!
- Large item

To FAELENE the tree gives many amulets!
- 4 amulets, any kind!

To SACRE the tree gives a gift of brotherhood.
- :: [Item: A Red Arrow | Worn in his tail. Glows crimson whenever his twin is threatened or endangered.]

To CONFUTATIS the tree gives bones, bones, bones!
- Item | bones of animals to wrap into her mane and tail! (Or a medium item)

To d'ARTAGNAN a gift to carry and hold any devious and HEALING plants.
- Item | indestructible, medium sized back with which to carry anything. You choose the material!

To COLT a better eye and a better aim!
- :: [Magic: FirexEarth (U) | Able to kick dirt or rocks with the same force of a handgun's bullet with 70% accuracy.]

To DESTRIER half of a gift, but important nonetheless!
- :: [Item: Horseshoes | half of iron horseshoes] (He still needs the other two! | you can choose front or back)

To TORLEIK a gift of his heritage, a peaceful sign.
- ::[Magic: LightxWater(P) | Water bubbles up from the ground where he steps and freezes, disappearing a few seconds after he moves on

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

She walks at a leisurely pace, her muscles soothed. Her vessel bounces before her, energized by some mysterious force that has been pulling the girl forward all throughout the day. She quickens her pace at the sight of a massive, glowing star high into the night sky. It is the only star, that or its illumination deafens all other stars. Her audits flicker forwards as animals race before her, heading to this massive tree that has grown in the Meadow. A large handful of horses has already gathered around the tree. Horses of all ages admired the plant's beauty, and the girl does too. As she reaches the radius of the tree, she quickens her pace. Her heart beats excitedly as she draws nearer, her cloven hooves striking dying earth.

She skids to a halt before the massive tree, her emerald eyes traveling up the ornament decorated branches to the zephyr nested at the very top, its body glowing brightly. The girl feels as though it is the tree that radiates such power, a tree that has been enchanted by the Gods. Her vessel playfully runs around the tree, a small smile on his lips. He chases after the gathered animals, and she smiles. Peace has crept beneath her skin, warming her heart. Her tail wraps loosely around her leg, hairs gently brushing her hocks before falling to the floor. She inhales gently, her eyes closing for just a moment. Tranquility. All that has happened to her in the past few seasons is forgotten for just a moment. She has finally found peace.

"Speech."

FROST FYRE
Second chances they don't ever matter, people never change.

image credits
Dawn is coming
open your eyes