the Rift

[OPEN] Inspired [Aurelia]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: sohtable.png]

SOHALIA

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness... that is supposed to be our goals, aren't they? We are supposed to live life to the fullest. We are expected to chase after freedom. We are expected to find happiness. But how do we quantify a life lived to its fullest? What does that mean to you? I don't even know what it means to me. How do we define freedom? I've always tied freedom to equality, but I know that there are those who feel more comfortable in chains. I know that some draw freedom from their ability to stomp on others' dreams. And what, in the name of the Sun God, is happiness? Why is it so elusive? How do I find it?

How do we explain the unexplainable? Why, for example, would a dear friend of mine suddenly become mute with no explanation? Am I supposed to simply accept it as "the way things are?" Or don't I deserve a better explanation? Don't we all deserve explanations for the things that confuse or concern us? At the end of the day, don't we all long for the same things? Or do we all want something different? And, if the latter is the case, why do we all find joy in such widely varied things? Why do I believe in equality, while others find happiness in hatred and superiority? Why are some content with a life of slavery, while I tug at the reins of freedom? If I am not free, then what am I? I can come and go as I please, I can work when I want. I have ample opportunities to find joy - and yet I am restless. Why am I so unsatisfied?

My work is the only thing that brings me pride, and as I soar through the clear skies of a mid-orangemoon day, it is on my mind. My rose pendant hangs, crystallized, against my chest, placed there by the momentum of my flight. It has been a while since I really thought about the trinket, though it holds a great deal of meaning to me, and I play with it more often than not when I find myself in deep thought. It is quite common for me to stare at my half-finished wall, lipping thoughtfully at the chain of the necklace with my neck arched gracefully and my gaze intense. I like to think it helps. I haven't used the crystal-magic in a while, having been so intensely focused on the wall - perhaps there is a way for me to utilize my other talents to benefit the herd. As I ponder this, I land in the Heavenly Fields and begin to graze, lost in planning.

"talk talk talk"
@[Aurelia]

Live... I want to live on fire
Die... I want to burn out brighter
Brighter than the northern lights
Want to live to feel the daylight

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!