[OPEN] The Water Gift {Rasta, Any}

Cypress Posts: 72
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 12 hands :: 10 months
Cy

Cypress
It hurts when your lonely,
And I'm standing right beside you

I have been traveling for some time now. I have eventually reached a point of where I find a desert. It is a very interesting place, I wonder if there is anyone else here. A herd maybe? It was a big enough stretch of land. So I trekked on. Seeing a Oasis in the distance had definitely gripped me and pushed me to go faster, as of now, I was sweating like crazy, but almost at the watering hole. My heart pounded quickly as I push myself to run, letting my legs run in long strides. When I am there I look down into the water where I see my reflection. I liked it now, I appreciated it more, and then, in that moment I realized I was growing up. I looked older than when I had first come here to Helovia. When I had met Azarel and Harmony, and all the others.

I had just recently met a new friend of the name Wildwalker. A kind fellow. He was of the color black with feathered wings. I had met him on the beach that I had met Israfel on. I had many memories of singing there, then traveling to a new forest which I now call the Deep forest. I had met Africa and Satanik Silk there. I had, had so many memories in Helovia right when she had just found the land.

It made a burning feeling of satisfaction in my chest rumble with pride. I had a lot of friend in Helovia already, and I wasn't ready to let the all go. I wanted to see them all again, in a big gathering to see all of my friends. Ciceron too! And Vladic. Maybe Lena and her little companion. I wanted to see them all again, and it had been while since I'd see them.

Now, I was at the large pondside. Maybe lake, I dipped my head down, appreciating the water before reaching down to the water, letting my lips drink up all I need.

~Ooc~ I just wanted to try this kind of roleplay, not liking it much, I am going to stick with the She's instead of the I's.
Cypress speech Others Speech

@[Rasta]
[Image: 15d7tjd.jpg]
Permission for magic or cruelty directed to Cypress at all times. But not death.
Pixel-Tamme

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
Flames - they licked the walls
tenderly, they turned to dust all that I adore
It had been a day or two since I had run back into Sohalia, trying to help working on the wall. And perhaps it was time to mourn, to really think about my hawk. It seemed completely impossible to do anything else when all I was doing was trying to figure out how to talk.

So I moved towards the water's edge. A refreshing drink before I went to rest under a tree. I stopped a few paces away, when I saw an unfamiliar unicorn at the oasis inside of the Throat. I glanced back toward my hawk, feeling tears fill my eyes as I thought of how he would be trailing around - roaming in the sky just long enough to annoy me before he would dip down and tease me, flapping his wings in my face and pecking against my cheek just to bring my attention back to whatever task was really at my hands. And the tears fell, before I shook my head and edged in closer toward the oasis. A snort escaping my mouth in greeting before I dropped my maw into the water, flicked my tail and sucked up the hydrating substance. And then, my eyes locked on the mare. She was dark brown, splattered with lighter spots, and had a red rose behind one of her ears. Her eyes were a vibrant green. She stood out against the yellow of the desert sand and smelt of nowhere in particular. She was not of the Throat, that much was sure. But I could not call her out on it. I could not speak.

I flicked my tail once, sending out a gentle ripple of a vibration out through the sand, hoping it would catch the attention of one of the other members of the herd in a nearby radius. It wasn't violent enough to cause anyone to lose their footing, but the earthquake was definitely noticeable if they were located upon the ground.

Perhaps someone else would come to meet this unicorn at our water's edge. She was young. Too young to be a physical threat, but it was better safe than sorry. For, what was she doing here?

Hidden Account
Cy

Cypress

A small gust of wind made my eyelids flutter back up. I was absorbed in drinking the water. I could not stop. It was an illusion, a horrible thing. She pushed her gaze away from the water, lifting her face, away from the illusion. It seemed like it was taking time away from her life. Wasting it.

A vibration rumbled underhoof. It felt light, a small vibration. It was better than an earthquake. But I did not like it. I turned to see a light palomino mare. No horn topped her brow, and no feathers sprouted from her sides. She was a regular equine. Not of a weapon. Strapped to the ground forever. A strange marking on her haunch caught my attention. It was weird. The shape of a bird. Then, another thing caught my thoughts. This mare did not speak, unlike others, like Africa, or Windwalker. They greeted her kindly. Even Silk did. But this one only sent a small vibration to her attention. "Hello" I spoke an even voice, I didn't like it though. "I like your marking." It came out. I didn't want it to though. It was strange, so I didn't take it back. I just stood there waiting for a answer, a movement. A sound. Anything that would let me know she was not just some magical form ready to attack. No. That could not be true. Waiting, a took a glance at the lake of refreshing water, seeing my reflection. Clear, no ripples. And I smiled. Emerald pools turn back to the mare in wait.

~Ooc~ I hope this is okay.

Permission for magic or cruelty directed to Cypress at all times. But not death.
Pixel-Tamme

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream
No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

Perhaps Rasta’s inability to talk now in place of her blindness had appeared to him to be more weakness, vulnerability; maybe something that he found an affinity with, or could relate to, having felt like the inadequate son among many much finer. It could even have been that fierce will to protect alone, cloaking a monster frame wrought by a primed muscular system, rippling and swaying beneath the gloss of his sweat-flecked auburn coat. Regardless of the driving force compelling this will to descend upon the wingless duo, Hector sent fist Veci to assess the situation- given the pale palomino was standing in the midst of her own home, and many new faces had filled the ranks through his absence. The Boggart had no understanding of the tongue used by Helovians, he knew only the language of their tight bond; so the fact that his herd-sister was mute seemed trivial- no hint of conversation would be lost in translation.

Few Unicorns had been welcomed amongst the Tuuli in the past, so the sneaking suspicion grew, that she who had no doubt enjoyed the cool, sweet water of the Throat, did not belong.

Veci descended quickly ahead of the stallion, though not without the flicker of frustratingly inevitable trouble. His ghost-like body materialized into the flimsy, hazy form of a bird; a hawk- the one which he had pulled so easily from the conscience of the mute mare. Between sharp wing-strokes, the faux creature slipped between corridors of wind with speed and agility rivalled only by the gust of wild off-shore storms; he slowed though, to offer the presentation of her weakness a little more realism, believability, as he came into view. He had not the power to hold the apparition steady, and so it wavered terribly- fading in and out of her world, like the horrible authenticity of a haunted dream. Undeterred, Veci swooped towards Rasta’s face as it lifted to view the other horned horse by the vast blue lake, and he fluttered in place, teasing and harassing the slim channel of dried tears which spilt down her pallid cheek.

"Veci!" Hector’s irritated voice boomed through their bond to deliver a harsh reprimand into the wraith’s ill-behaved mind- and the illusion was lost; swallowed into the mild curling breeze as it meandered through the oasis.

The soldier could not have known the significance of his bonded’s cruel reproduction; did not understand that perhaps it might have wounded the heart of the mare that he had sworn to defend, beyond reason; without doubt.

Sturdy round hooves collided with the moist, fertile soils of the sanctuary with few gaping strides to collect both balance and speed. So as not to crash into the mare’s who mingled, his landing was a considerate distance from their place, and he drew around his large body with haste to return to them. "Rasta," he called as softly and tenderly as a soldier who had learned to discount the whim of emotion, could. Fiery gaze fell more critically upon the Unicorn as they passed by the blue-white eyes of his herd mate; she was not dusted with the trademark powder of the desert (one who was bound to walk upon the sand, would naturally have been dressed in such if this was her home).

Of course Hector knew that Rasta could neither introduce this filly, or reveal her intent here where the heart of the herd lay, so he spoke again; with reduced tolerance in the tone of his deep, rumbling voice. "What is your name? Why have you trespassed?" Examining eyes narrowed as they roved all about her dwarfed form; the stallion made no effort to relax his height; he stood confidently poised above her- using perhaps a little of the embankment’s elevation, like any warrior would to portray brute strength and power.

Unable to resist the swell of mistrust in his bonded’s mind, Veci returned and the breath of his invisible figure fussed wickedly about the Unicorn intruders face, examining the vibrant green of her eyes for some clue as to what might rattle the young creature’s heart with fear.

[ooc: happy to change anything you guys don't like. I'm sorry rasta D:]

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
Flames - they licked the walls
tenderly, they turned to dust all that I adore
At the rippling of the vibration I had cast across the lands the young one stirred, turning towards me with her horn a gleaming in the afternoon light. She seemed to drink me in, trying to find out everything she could about my appearance. But I could fight her with my eyes shut - and most likely come out victorious from my years upon years of training. But she did not know that, and my fragile appearance only continued that masquerade. She spoke a hello, and then said that she liked my marking. The one thing that's a reminder of the pain, the other half I'd lost, Carefully I narrow my eyes, giving a nod in hello along with another swish of my tail, another ripple radiating throughout the lands around me.

It was then that trouble came. A hawk right before my eyes, much like mine had done in time's past. His frame lingering in front of me and I'm reaching out, pleading to the God's that maybe he was back. But as I go to touch his frame my maw goes right through and the image wavers uncontrollably. I back up, tears beginning to fill my eyes as my chest and throat tighten. Was that how my hawk had died? Swallowed by some unknown substance and fading into nothing? Suddenly, I felt sick. My fault. My fault. I screamed at myself in my head as some tears began to slide down my face.

The pain lasted longer than the time given allowed, for I had to try and force the tears from my eyes the second I saw a hazy, chestnut form beginning to land not far off from us. Large wings were spread and the hooves kicked up dust as they landed on the soil, galloping a few strides to slow and stop without crashing onto his face before he turned back toward us, making haste in our direction. My name is called, with more emotion than he had upon the meeting not but a few days prior. There was almost a tenderness to it, but the gaze which the unicorn received was far more violent and accusatory. Cautiously, Rasta moved closer to the towering stag, her audits pinning ever so slightly at the mare by the water. Hector asked the questions which had been plaguing her mind since she had run across the darker mare.

She did not touch him, but she sheltered herself where the wings would not hit her should they open, and where (if the unicorn chose to attack with some form of magic) she had a warrior between her and whatever it was that was coming at them. That way, should her powers of sending the vibrations through the earth be needed, she could attempt to assist the gentle giant near her.

Of course, Rasta was not one to judge - but without a voice to ask questions everyone she didn't recognize was a threat to her safety, threat to everyone's safety...

Hidden Account
Cy

Cypress

Cypress liked the calm way the mare responded, a nod and lash of her tail once again. Her blue eyes where a beautiful sight, but Cypress knew they could be tricks. A magical hologram, not a real living breathing thing, no voice made it seem real, but it was not. She was a true thing, not just a joke. Hopefully. When Cypress had met Kahlua she had thought she was a trick too, such beauty and grace, it seemed true. That it was a horrible lure.

A white ghost-like hawk had fluttered in the mare's face, startling Cypress, making her jump back a step, her back hoof half in the water. The white mare began to cry, clear tears streaming her cheeks. Was this scary? Not to Cypress, it had startled her yes, but was it scary? The little mare didn't think so. But she stayed the same, humming softly to the mare, trying to calm her. "It's okay..." she drifted.

A loud yell of the word 'Rasta' caught her ear. It was weird, and different, it was a man's voice. A autumn hued and brown dappled man had stepped beside the white woman. The man had gotten over to her with only a few strides in a gallop, he was one of wings and a horn. Two horns to be exact. His tail was shaped weirdly, and Cypress didn't like that scary look in his eyes. It filled her with dread from ear tip to tail tip, making her whole body quiver with unease. Stopping her self as he asked a question.

It was different. She didn't want to answer that scary loud manly voice he had. But she nodded, and looked him in the eyes. "My name is Cypress, and I wish no harm to this lady." She finished. "And I have no intention of destruction to this land" she continued. She hopped he would just stop asking questions or leave her alone. "I will leave now, sir." She spoke to him as she turned away, her heart pounding swiftly as she made her way across the desert dunes once again. Now in the direction of away. The man seemed as a warrior, a strong, fighting thing. It seemed no one wanted her here so she would leave. No need to be somewhere where none one wanted you there!

Not turning back, she still thought about the white mare. Her clear tears like acid.

Sorry I kind of changed how I rp'ed! :(

This Thread is OVER! Thanksies! :)
Pixel-Tamme