the Rift

A Beautiful Voice. (Introduction for Calliope. Open)

Calliope Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The past~ Calliope is her name, a wild unicorn that has a voice that resembles a siren. Her parents are unknown, she never knew her parents. As a filly she was left alone all by herself no horse wanted to take care of another foal. So she never really had a family or joined a herd. So Calliope grew older and wiser and soon she did come across a herd that indeed accepted her, after all she can take care of herself and the herd thought that she was truly a beauty. Most of the horses in the herd were either a chocolate color, gray, crimson, black, blonde, and well any color that wasn't white....It was odd yes that she stood out like a sore thumb and plus she was the only unicorn in the herd, only to make matters even more odd she has no magic. A unicorn without magical abilities is odd indeed.. After a good year or two Calliope decided that the herd she was currently living in was just not enough for her, all of the others gave her to much attention and the herd itself was rather forceful.

Nowadays Calliope has been traveling looking around for a new place...a herd perhaps? That would be very unlikely that she would be accepted into a proper herd, but being alone isn't the best decision. Still quite young and being a mare things can be difficult and she couldn't defend herself with a horn that was just for looks. What Calliope needs is at least another to stay by her side a companion of some sort, she is independent it's just her lack of defense and being alone makes her feel...Well alone.

On the bright side all of the places she has visited were amazing experiences for her, some better than others still she loved the traveling.

Back to where she is today~ The pure white unicorn quietly made her way through the lush forest, her hooves swiftly making their way around rocks and holes in the ground. Calliope's mane flowed and bounced around her head as she was trotting, the sunlight that was coming through the branches high above her shone onto her body, reflecting the sun's rays off of herself. Her long slim legs at work they way they moved was so...So.. Majestic.. Her ears pressed forward as she was hearing the sound of wood peckers and birds talking. "I wonder where I am...I know I'm in a forest, but I've been traveling for so long I haven't a clue as to where I am."

That was one of the many thoughts that went flying through her mind, the whole environment of the forest was making her excited to what could be living in it and she also felt a bit nervous that a creature that did dwell in these woods could harm her. Still she pressed on and kept on moving through the forest, seeing a squirrel or two run around with a walnut. Calliope was really enjoying the scenery of the land, it was like she was trotting through heaven.

Soon she grew tired and thirsty, not wanting to go any further she came to a fairly large tree and leaned against it. Panting slightly from all of the movement she had made during the day. Her eyes darted around until she looked down at the green blades of grass that carpeted the ground. Slowly...ever so slowly she lowered her head until her black muzzle made contact with the grass. Taking a bite from the ground and taking the blades into her mouth. Instantly the sweet refreshing juices of the grass invaded her mouth. Later she had filled up on her snack and relaxed a bit seeing that no danger lurked at the moment.

Calliope began to silently sing a song to herself as she lied down beside the tree her body making a soft *thud* as she made it to the ground. The grass being like a comforting blanket as she lowered her head and closed her eyes. Still singing the song as she was resting afraid to fall asleep for the thought of a predator coming was the last thing on her mind. Making her singing a bit more quiet at the thought just in case, singing comforted her when she was feeling a bit lonely or stressed.
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Once more a ghost in the forest of newcomers, Mauja slid between the trees, keeping in their shadows rather than out in the overbearing warmth. This section had made it alright, with no wildfire rampaging through it and destroying - eating - the life. The grass was still green, but for how long? The King let his ears fall back for a moment, throwing a glance at the sky and the stark sun. Autumn was due, and neither Earth nor Moon had said summer would go on forever - so would the season of his birth come around soon? He hoped, prayed for it, for the frost in the mornings and the crisp winds of night. The world had to know that it should go to sleep before the snows came.

The sound of soft singing reached his ears, and with a frown, he paused. Singing? Who sang in here, in this place of broken dreams and exhausted bodies, where the past was a thing to forget and the future but a mere hope? Few came here with joy - most came running, running from their pasts, seeking new starts, absolution from their sins and salvation from their ghosts. To hear the soft sound of singing was unusual, and intrigued, Mauja followed the siren call. It hung in the air, nothing extraordinary, but beautiful in its simplicity. Grass bowed beneath his frosty hooves, sunlight darkening his white hide with sweat, the black spots shining; it glittered in the myriad of crystals covering his spiraled horn. Around hedges and bushes he went, dodging trees and roots, until finally he came to a tree larger than most.

The source of the song lay curled up beneath it, perfect white against the yellowed green of the forest. Slim legs were folded beneath a lissome frame, cascades of thick, slightly curled hair framing her face and resting against her hocks. Eagerly, his blue eyes swept to her forehead: there, a golden horn protruded, and it pleased the King to see it. "You should not sleep in places unknown," he told her with a wry, lopsided smile, something warm and amused in his voice. "You never know what might lurk in the shadows. Fortunately for you, it's only me today." He grinned, looking down at her, seeing how she would react.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Sunchaser Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Sun sniffed the air.She was lost.As usual.Since she was already here she decidedto wander around.She heard a stallions voice.She rounded the corner and saw two figures.She made her way over to them."Hello,"she said uncertainly."Do you know where I could find a herd and a place to stay?"She was very timid around strangers.

Calliope Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Giving a soft gasp of fright at the sound of voices, cutting her song off and moving quickly to sit up. Seeing the frosty stallion and the paint mare in front of her she gave a sigh, moving her head around and moving her wavy locks out of her face. "You two frightened me...I'm also quite aware that I am not alone in here, I didn't see a soul at the moment and decided to take a rest is all." Her eyes darting between the two of them, eyeing their features carefully.

" I apologize if I have been in the way of both of you...A herd and a place you say? I'm sorry madam I am not familiar with this area and the herds that may roam around here." Calliope slowly eased herself back up to her hooves, shaking herself off of grass or any dirt. Showing a friendly yet cautious smile to the both of them giving a slight bow of her head. "I am Calliope and who might you two be"?

Her light colored orbs that were slightly covered by many strands of fair mane continued to study the mare and the stallion. Seeing as one of them was a unicorn just like herself with icy aqua eyes and the other just like any other paint, the both of them quite interesting to look at.
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
( Sunchaser, could you please fill out your character profile so we get a little something to go by? I remember that you've said she's a mini, but it'd be really useful to know her exact height etc. :3 this form is really good to follow. ^^ Thanks! )

Barely had he reached the resting mare when another came out from the bushes. She was, as luck would have it, hornless, ridiculously short, and painted white and chestnut. It took more willpower than it should've had to keep his face from doing a grimace, but he actually managed to peer at her with something akin to open curiosity in his eyes. Cool and calm he stood there as the white unicorn with the long, flowing mane came more upright. She was sitting in a pose that was nearly comical, for the FrostHeart wasn't used to seeing others sitting like that. A slight smile curved his features, ears swirling to the sound of their voices; uncertainty caused the equine mare's vocals to tremble, whereas the unicorn's was more certain, sweet like a siren's song. "No worries," he told the sitting mare, amused warmth playing in his tone. No harm had befallen her, but who knew what would've happened? Some dark things lurked in the folds of Helovia's fabric, but perhaps none of those things were here.. right now.

With words of being new, the white mare rose, and Mauja inclined his head ever so slightly. "I am Mauja, of the World's Edge." Eyes of winter swept onto the short equine. "You can seek shelter in the Windtossed Foothills, just to the north of here. I am sure Indy and his brethren will be glad to have you." Hornless had no place in Mauja's own herd, but if he kept sending equines Indy's way, surely even the suspicious jerks who leaped at shadows and shouted accusations would begin to trust him - or at least, not distrust him all the time. It was getting bothersome, how they all assumed things about him, and never tried to find out the truth. Or, well, the "truth" that Mauja fed them was lies, but he wasn't about to let them know that. His kind gaze fell back on Calliope. "And you, Miss Calliope. It's a pleasure meeting you. If you are interested, there is room for you in the World's Edge herd." Mauja's white tail flicked against his hocks, and he fell silent, waiting for how it would play out.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Sunchaser Posts: N/A
Unregistered
OOC:Thanks,filled out.^^
IC:"Oh,I'm sorry to have startled you,miss,"she said to Calliope."Thank you for your time."She then turned to Mauja."Pleased to meet you."She bowed her head gracefully."And yes,thank you for your instructions."She smiled."I will go to the Foothills."Sun stood quietly for a moment,wondering what they were thinking.Sun was always lost and never pretty.She sighed.She was always shaggy.Would she ever be pretty like the other horses?Mauja's sleek coat had spots on it and his tail was white and well-groomed.Calliope was just plain beautiful in every possible way.Sunchaser was shaggy,quirky,and ugly.Sun didn't have a place to stay,a herd,a mate,or even a friend.She was completely alone.So she was here to change that.