the Rift

Come a Runnin' Baby

Amadeus Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Amadeus
The Mercenary

Camouflaged hooves crushed the thick debris as gravity fought against the host body. Climbing the foothills Amadeus sought a new start. His wounds from the recent battle were clearly apparent and some needed medical attention. Much to his fortune he did not pay mine to these wounds and barely felt there effects to his body. His biggest concern was finding shelter, a cave would do. If only he could get to high ground then he could over sea the land. A sigh erupted from his trap, his mind was falling into depression, he didn't completely believe what just happened hours ago but the loss was clear. He had no one, he would have to make a new start, begin a new life. The concept of starting over always appealed to Amadeus but not like this, not by loosing the only family he knew.

After reaching the top of the foot hills there was quite he view to look at. Many areas of shelter looked suitable if only he were a darn squirl. The area was perfect for small mammals but as he climbed down into the basin there was less tan suitable hiding spots. It did not make it much easier that his hungry grew with every second, deep rumbles came from within his stomach.

Trotting his silhouette body into an open field he looked around, searching for signs of life. His tail laid stagnate on the ground, while putting some of his weight on his hind quarters Amadeus looked up into the sky. Debating on where he would go next.

"blah blah blah."

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh

lights will guide you home
and ignite your bones
</style>

Irrydae has avoided the Threshold since she ran into Evers. It was vacuous, really, since she wouldn't find him there again. He had already come and gone. From what she knew, he had not chosen a herd land and was wandering the Wilds, so there was no need for him to recruit. A sigh rattles in her breath and she bites the inside of her cheek. Looking upon the glassy water of her pool, she smiles at herself for encouragement. It does next to no help, unfortunately.

She doesn't want to return.

Star painted wings drape at her sides as dusted gold hooves press firmly into the ground, feathers brushing the air and lifting her above the ground. Flight always soothed the mare's nerves. Brisk Orangemoon air pushes against her, and she tosses her head, hooves dancing upon the air as she streams through the sky with her hair floating along behind her. A feeling of giddyness seeps through her, much like when she had gotten drunk on apples. A small smile makes its way to her lips at the thought. She definitely had to do that again.

By the time she reached the Threshold, her nerves had been forced and locked away in the back of her mind, returning to the way she had recruited before Evers left. Her face was calm, golden orbs bright and curious as she trekked through the course underbrush that scraped at her pelt. Wings tuck in neatly at her sides as the trees grow closer and closer together, nares and ears working together in search of a newcomer. Pale strands of hair curl at the bottoms, brushing against her neck with her steady pace. It does not take as long as usual before Irry catches wind of someone and she presses her way towards the newcomer.

She slips out into the clearing he stands, black and white body standing out against the soft greens of the forest. Her mouth turns up into a small smile, "Travel far?" She asks softly, bicolored tail resting against her hocks as golden orbs graze his body quickly before returning to his face and waiting for an answer.

"blah blah blah."

[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx
déodat,

Déodat wasn’t the type to roam about the Threshold and fish out the crowned newcomers, but with darkness looming he knew the Basin had to be on the lookout for worthy soldiers. His muscles were still partially sore, and roving about wasn’t making it any better. He made sure that the journey had been slow and took his time getting to the Threshold. Of course, this extended the time far longer than he would’ve liked, it had to be done though.

When the icy grips of the mountain faded into the familiar forest, the Blood Prince began his search. Along the way he spotted one or two strangers, none of them of the crowned race. They weren’t worth his time, only the prized blood of the crowned was sought. Not only that, he sought warriors. Every able-body was needed amongst their numbers with whatever evil was about they needed to be prepared to fend it off. Maybe the others just sought members, but the Blood Prince wouldn’t waste his time on weaklings.

Then voices filled his ears and Déodat went to inspect what newcomer had wandered in. He kept within the tree line to observe before he dared approach. Immediately his eyes drifted to the skyrat, and his lips curled back in disgust. Then his eyes drifted to the peculiarly marked stallion, and he noticed the crown upon his head, then the wounds. Memories of his own arrival in Helovia came to mind, but he pushed them away before more memories could follow.

Slowly the Blood Prince approached the crowned stallion, and he only acknowledged the skyrat with a snort. There was absolutely no reason for him to address such a filthy creature. Really he should’ve been ripping out the mare’s feathers and embedding his horn into her heart. “Do you need medical attention?” The Blood Prince asked. He himself knew next to nothing in the art of healing, but there was Lena and his cousin. “You’ve reached Helovia by the way. I am Déodat.” His tone was gruff and didn’t hold any warmth that such words should. It was clear he was inexperienced in the art of recruiting.

"Speech speech speech"

image credits
[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

Unregistered

Amadeus
The Mercenary

Strained limbs fixed themselves in a more fashionable positions as a lady met his acquaintance. Since the stallion of impeccable breeding didn't plan on meeting such an acquaintance he simply blew the loose strands of hair from his face and dipped his head slowly to the fae. Taking these few seconds to examine her closer while not breaking eye contact. This mare was not much younger than him, Amadeus could tell by the look in her eyes she had a good heart and was far from the enemy. Thus he welcomed her company, not to mention the dazzling appendages that she hugged close to her bodice.

"Far? Far would be sugar coating it a bit wouldn't you think so?"

Catching his breathe from his recent journey he turned his head to lick at the reachable wounds on his side. After examining all his wounds and coming to terms that he was in no immediate danger, the mercenary returned his attention to his acquaintance.

Silence ate away at the few seconds they stood there until a party was made out of Amadeus's afternoon. There entered one of his own kind, a bay minimal marking stallion who seemed to have a great deal of discipline in him from an early age by the energy that illuminated off him as he neared Amadeus.

While his own golden orbs kept an eye on the second stranger he thought about the predicament he was in. You know, being a stranger to these lands and all he was less than motivated to talk to strangers. But if herd life taught him anything it was that the world was hard and herd animals never did very well on their own in the world.

"I don't think so. But I'm no doctor.." He replied very humbly.

Amadeus wasn't quite sure how he felt about this Unicorn who displayed animosity towards the female, and since it was none of his business he didn't dare call it out. Shifting his weight he now had enough time to weight out the pros and cons of this meeting, worst case scenario both animals lash out on him and grace a royal ass whipping upon him, but that seemed more than unlikely since the attitude they gave him was more welcoming than anything. "I am called Amadeus- The mercenary. I used to thrive in a herd but now it is of no existence to this world and neither are it's members....But myself."He dismissed anything memories that pressed to playback in his head. The past was useless and only seeked to make him insane with guilt and he refused to let the pass bring either down on him as a mid life crisis.

"blah blah blah."

déodat,

The Blood Prince listened to the words of the striped stallion and he listened to each word he spoke. Whatever exchange had gone on between the skyrat and the striped stallion was of no concern to him, he had a task to focus upon. As long as he could, he would ignore the mare and for the Déodat that was a kindness, he should slit her throat but that wouldn’t exactly paint the best image for the Basin now would it? “Hm, I myself am no doctor either, but I’ve experienced plenty of wounds in my time, so I think I would always be a wise option to see a healer just in case.” He remembered arriving in Helovia beaten up himself, so soon after the fall of his clan. What had caused this stallion to journey despite his wounds?

When the stallion introduced himself, Déodat’s ears perked with interest. A mercenary, so, he had stumbled upon one with some kind of military history. Now, whether this stallion still walked the path of a sell sword was unknown to him. The description of the annihilation of his own herd brought back memories of the destruction of the General. “I am sorry.” The gruffness had faded from his voice and there was genuine sympathy there. “My own clan fell to a similar fate.” The moment of the General’s death flashed through his mind, vivid and fresh. There would be no elaboration on the tale. Something so personal didn’t need to fall upon the ears of an insignificant winged freak.

For a brief moment he waited to see if the mare would speak, but when no words came from her mouth he sprung upon the chance to pull in the striped unicorn. “I come from a herd up north called the Aurora Basin, we are composed of unicorns, and we could always use more warriors. We also have healers that can tend to your wounds.” Especially with an oncoming darkness arriving, but he wouldn’t speak openly about that should it be unknown to the purple pegasi. If the striped one decided to come back with him he would ensure knowledge was given to him.

"Speech speech speech"

image credits
con by aihnna@dA

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

The Thresh calls to her again, an invisible hook latching to her and pulling her in. The Threshold gives her closure and helps her cope with the constant battle that plays inside her mind. The constant rush of thoughts that plague her mind and pull her every which way. Her kind voice and smile are simply to cover up her internal sadness. 

She walks on, the film of horror playing out in her and slowly poisioning her soul. Her only saviour, the one that keeps her pure and innocent, is Antie. The soul that walks beside her every day, becoming closer and closer to her with every moment. Before Abishia notices, she won't only be Abishia, but she will also be Antheia. Surprising, but it was destined. Their love has bonded them internally and for eternity. Making her way to the Threshold, her heart becomes light with a sudden happiness. 

She arrives,walking along the usual path she takes; surrounded by thick trumped trees, naked bushes, and grass that is slowly turning a deep brown. Her small gray hooves sink into the soil, dead leaves tickling her cornet band. She hears voices ahead, her small harks picking up a distant conversation. Coming to a halt, she concentrates on the voices. She detects three, two Stallions and a Mare it seems. She decides to come closer. Walking slowly off the path, she slips into an armour of darkness, the royal cloak engulfing the small girl's body. The trees provide a comforting darkness that hides the girl, the thick smell of dying grass and rotting leaves covers up her scent. She has no reason to hide herself, other than to amuse herself. 

The filly comes close enough to wear she can see them, but makes she she is down-wind from the trio, so none of them would be able to detect her. She is careful to watch her steps, making sure that wherever she steps is soft, so that she doesn't make noise. When she is close enough to satisfy her needs. There she stands, her lean bodice completely hiden from the keen eye. Cocking her back left leg, she makes herself comfortable. Her harks are erect, and she takes in the scene with her orbs. Before her is a black and white striped Stallion, crowned. Along with him is a winged Mare, and another crowned Stallion. Quietly, she envies the beautiful horned creatures. To the girl, they are majestic, and she agrees with the way they treat others in the Basin, despite the lack of her horn. She catches snid-bits of their conversation, but soon becomes bored, and decides to expsose herself. Stepping from the wood swiftly, she comes up on the small gathering, staying a respectable distance from them. 

" Greetings. "

She dips her dome to each off them, ashamed of her hornless cranium. She looks to the deep sorrel brute, a white splash on his whithers and a beautiful horn. He projects utter beauty in the manliest ways. On him is a scent that is familiar to the girl, the one that the beautiful Illynx also carried. Smugly, the filly remembered that tied around her necklace is the thick strands of ebony hair that was given to her, a token from Illynx. With him is the striped Stallion, also paired with a goregous horn, and a girl with beautiful feathers. She smiles lightly. 

" Pleased to be in the presence of beings so great. I am happy that I am here. I would like to welcome the horned Stallion here to Helovia. "

She nods to the striped Stallion, offering a pleasant smile to him. 

@[Déodat] @[Amadeus] @[Irrydae]

{ Hope you all don't mind Abi pooping in (: }

Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Unregistered

Amadeus
The Mercenary

This horned brute was a wise one, it was more apparent how he detested not only the mare but her race all together. His eyes bearing over her like an abandoned foal, he pitted her. By this time the fae had been quiet altogether, Amadeus had no ill will for her but this was a bad sign in his eyes that she didn't even care to retaliate. Himself on the other hand was beginning to show keen interest in this multi colored bay. His words of a doctor being able to attend his wound was quite reassuring but Amadeus did not take well to going with strangers. But he did accept his apologies, it was as if he knew how he was feeling.

How could someone know the raging guilt and fighting spirit that ate his heart and sole every time the though of him abandoning the only family he knew? Leaving the world he once thrived in, the mares that would kill-have already killed for him and he didn't even have the decency to bury them properly? What would the stallions do when they arrive and see the havoc upon their land with no sight of himself. Would they thing he planned it. Surely they wouldn't, would they?

"Warriors? I don't deserve such a title...but I do enjoy such a thing...perhaps I will think about it. How is the community? ."

Adverting his attention to a paint filly that emerged from the shadows his heart suddenly grew soft. His tail flopped to the ground as if it had given up. She was so young and alone. Why was she alone? Where was her family? Amadeus looked at her and then at Deodat, his eyes soft for the first time in there entire meeting. She was alone, around the same ages the colts and fillies where in his herd.

Clearing his throat he could feel it aching suddenly.

"Little missy, where is your family?"

Unregistered
bump

Déodat pondered the question and he shrugged. “Community is fine. We welcome most anyone and at the very least everyone tolerates each other.” This was at least his own perception of his home, but then again the Blood Prince wasn’t precisely the type to bind himself up and label all around him as family, such a title was only given to those worthy of it. “As for not being worthy, I’d be more than willing to offer my advice and teachings as a soldiers.” What a thought! Why in the world would he throw out such an offer like that? Déodat had never exactly been the type to take others under his metaphorical wing. Experience was the only true teacher though, and that was what he cared about most.
A voice spoke, but it wasn’t the winged mare, his gaze drifted over to the painted filly. Of course a hornless piece of trash would join the group, but she was young so he would tolerate her presence. “Yes child, where is your family? Now is not the time for children to be running about unsupervised.” His words were harsh and had a grim edge to them. Quite the contrast there was between himself and the striped stallion, but that wouldn’t put a damper on Déodat’s efforts. Once if the striped one chose to come home with him would he give any knowledge about the darkness brewing within that monstrous marsh. Whatever the child chose to do, didn’t affect the Blood Prince so he shifted his attention back to the newcomer.
“We would love to have you Amadeus, should you decide the pat of the cold north is the one for you… Though if life alone is more to your taste, I will give you a warning, there is something evil lurking within certain corners of Helvoia. I discourage you from facing it alone.”
con by aihnna@dA

Unregistered

Amadeus
The Mercenary

Simply nodding his head to Deodat, Amadeus's gaze shifted fully towards him. Yes,this would be a new start, a community where no one knew of his past and didn't have to know unless absolutely needed he would oblige. Taking Deodat's words of a mysterious beast lurking in the shadows he shifted his weight uneasily.

"I accept...both offers, Lead the way. "