the Rift

A huntress I shall become [hunting]

Lotus Posts: 31
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 3
Whit

The guardians of the kitten had given me permission to practice my skills as a huntress for them, so that the kitten might meld with my mind and become a companion of my heart and soul. Little did they know, I was trained throughout my life to kill, and had practised before on wild game, for the time when I would eventually need to slay my mate to honour the Earthern God. But now I was killing in order to feed another, a carnivore, something that was both intimidating and exciting – my nerves were on edge. I roamed the lands I called my home – slaying anything here would only give us Unicorns more space to grow, I figured – searching for what I might be able to call my first kill.

My bodice becomes stationary as movement behind a shrub catches my attention. Svelte ears swivel sharply towards it, hazel eyes peer cautiously. I ready my athletic bodice, angling myself quietly and with an exacting, calculating gaze. Leaping forward, I plunge my horn forth and hope to slay whatever it was behind the bush in one swift and easy movement.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Your horn gets tangled in the shrub as you lunge forward, allowing a startled rabbit to bounce away from behind it. Better luck next time.

0/5

Outcast
Whit

Frustration is evident as my horn meets nothing but shrubbery, I wince as sticks threaten to pierce my eyes. Carefully I extract myself, shaking the leaves and twigs from my tiara. Hazel eyes spy the movement of the rabbit, and swiftly I dart after it, leaping high once more, aiming my cloven hooves down upon his tiny back.

Helovian Ancient
Your hooves meet with the soft fur of the rabbit, soon crushing the poor creature beneath your weight.

1/5

Outcast
Whit

The deed was done, the soft bones no match for my sure aim. A snort ripples its way out of my nostrils, I did not enjoy killing, but what was at stake made it worthwhile. Nudging the rabbit carcass with my plush nose, lips curled in distaste, I hide it away near a small moss covered boulder. Lean limber stilts then take my bodice about the forest once more, I scout around for any signs of life that might make a suitable addition to my kitten's meal. Ears twist sharply atop my cranium; I could hear grunting, and digging. I come around a bend of trees, not hesitating this time, moving at a quick trot. Spying the badger responsible for the noises, once again I plunge my horn forth towards his hard hide, bracing my neck for the impact that would surely result from the resistance I might encounter from his hardy body.

Helovian Ancient
You feel the pressure of resistance as your horn meets with the tough flesh of the badger. The point cuts through, though, even as the animal claws out toward your head in anger. Eventually, the tip meets with the heart of the animal, bringing a quick death to the poor soul.

2/5

Outcast
Whit

I didn't enjoy the struggle the tough creature put up as my weapon entered his form. With a grimace on my face I extracted my now blood red horn, pointing it downwards for a moment to allow excess blood to drip off it before lifting my tiara and inspecting my work. With disgust I wrapped my blunt teeth around one of the creatures legs, and half-lifted, half-dragged the thing to the same hiding place the rabbit laid. Curiously, near the rabbit I heard movement of a smaller, much more secretive visitor. Dropping the badger, I run towards the pile of fur, and aim my cloven hoof upon the pile of feasting field mice. Surely at least one of them would be slow enough to fall victim to my attack.

Helovian Ancient
Your hooves miss hitting the mice for a fatal blow, but one of them attempts to scurry away with a broken leg.

2/5

Outcast
Whit

Curse those little rodents! They were quick on their little feet, and with my lips curled in disgust and a little bit of anger I strike out once more with my foreleg, hoping to hear a little squeak as the final cry of the injured little scavenger. These kills were not meant for mice!

Not really caring if I had succeeded in killing the rodent, I snorted, hoping I had at least made myself clear to the small creatures that if they dared to return, they would face the same fate as the kills they tried to hard to steal. I finished dragging the badger near the rabbit, and looked once more for a potential meal for what would be my companion.

The ruckus I had stirred had caused the immediate area to go eerily silent, however, and so I wandered a little bit before spotting something that might be useful to me. Though attempting to kill a bird, for one who dwelt only on the ground, was difficult, I wanted my kitten to enjoy its meals, and cats so do love feathered prey.

Small little sparrows darted in and out of a dense bush. I walked alongside the bush calmly, succeeding at least in not startling them away. But as my haunches lined up with the shrub, my hindlegs darted out in a strong, swift double-barrel. I was hoping to clip one, perhaps stun it to the ground or kill it straight away - either option would bring me that much closer to having another kill.

Helovian Ancient
The rodent is not killed underneath your foot, escaping to the grass just in the nick of time. The sparrows that are your next target are not so lucky. Your hooves strike the bush, and one small bird falls to the ground.

3/5

Outcast
Whit
A small thunk announced the death of the feathered one, and with ease, albeit mixed with some unease, I gathered the sparrow in my mouth and delivered it back to my growing pile of kills. Pleased to see that no mice had returned, I scouted the area once more for a potential meal. Not being carnivorous by nature, I barely knew what to look for, and upon walking by a fallen log, I noticed a large beetle, his shell almost as round as the base of my cloven hooves. Stretching a foreleg out to it, I pawed, knocking it from the fallen timber watching as its exposed underbelly wriggled, its many legs trying to flip itself over. Unpleasantly, I leaned my hoof upon it, hoping to crush its little body and deliver my kitten with yet another interesting morsel.

Helovian Ancient
The large beetle you stumble upon is no match for your quick movements, and quickly meets its demise.

4/5

Outcast
Whit

I shiver as the sensation of crushing the shell and squishy insides severely creeps me out. Ew, no more bugs. I nudge it towards my increasingly smelly pile of kills, amazed at the work I had accomplished. Though I had practised on wildlife before, it was a different reasons that drove me then, to serve my god, not to feed a potential kitten. But still some blood would soak into the earth, perhaps that would be sufficient for him for now, I needn't resort to self mutilation just yet to give my god gifts of blood.

Curiously I peered about, my pile not yet complete. I wonder what more the kitten could possibly feel like, and I go for a trot about the place, maybe I will happen across another rabbit or hare. Just as the thought crossed my mind, a tuft of brown fur caught my attention from behind a tree, and I approach it as quietly as I can. Bounding into the air and twisting myself, a attempt to leap upon it, and in failing that, charge after the hare with strong limbs acting as my weapons.

Helovian Ancient
A little brown rabbit is met with your hooves in a most unfortunate manner, ending its short life immediately.

5/5

Outcast
Whit
*happy dance*

Helovian Ancient
This kitten who had been watching your exploits quietly and calmly trots forward, little padded paws striking the ground quietly. Slowing within a few feet from the pile of carcasses you have carefully arranged, the kitten begins to crouch, moving slowly through the grass toward its unsuspecting prey. Launching forward from it's crouched position, the long haired kitten falls into the pile of bodies, beginning to gnaw on the dead sparrow first. A slight purring can be heard when you step close enough, and then a warm glow of happiness fills your mind. This happiness does not originate from your mind, though, but the small body currently eating its first solid meal.

Congratulations, you have successfully bonded with a long haired kitten!

[ You may choose whichever color you like. ]

Outcast
Whit
I watch as the kitten moves forward, so sleek and controlled are his movements. He leaps forth and seems to be thoroughly enjoying the meals I caught for him. A strange sensation, it is hard to describe, creeps into my countenance then. It was as if someone else was informing me of my happiness. I look to the kitten again, and his mismatched eyes meet mine, and suddenly I am overwhelmed by his presence. He steps forth, and nudges my muzzle with his own little head, and I smile, what else could I do?

"Dirk." His sooty, minky coat and dark pointed paws and ears shivered as I speak his name. "Eat up." I speak out loud, not yet realising the full extent of the bond that had linked our very souls. As he eats, I fold my elegant bodice down beside him, and listen to the thrum of his purring, content and truly happy for the first time since my arrival in this place.

[ I would like a male seal mink ragdoll kitten, with one blue eye (all kittens have blue eyes, will turn brown as he ages) and one green eye. <3 ]