the Rift

as the seasons change [Gaucho Training Spar]

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee

I was always told "One must learn to fight, eventually. It's something that must happen-- almost like the seasons changing." Yea, the damn season hasn't changed, but I'm willing to overlook that insignificant detail. I know who I want to spar with, but I do not know if he will want to teach me. How will I know he is here? I'll call his name. "Gaucho!" I yell out for the large boy. My voice is much more mature. I think he will no longer look at me as a weak girl, but a woman capable of much more. Tossing my head, my white forelock is shifted out of my eyes-- my creepy eyes.

Then I see the figure of a Pegasus. I instantly trot towards the figure. My strides are long and graceful. The muscle I have ripples under my hide with every step. My wings open. The light glitters off of them, making them seemingly sparkle. The ground is wet, and small puddles have formed here and there. My hooves glide into a steady three beat canter. I can hear the adrenaline pounding in my ears. "At least I know what is about to happen. A puddle comes up infront of me. Old me would've shied from it, but not me. I canter through the puddle. The cool water splashes on my chest and underbelly. The tip of my tail is also wet. Puddles don't really scare me anymore. Oh, don't get me wrong though, there is no way I'll be swimming anytime soon. Hells to the no.

As I catch up to Gaucho, I quickly slow to a walk and attempt to approach behind him. "Hello stranger." DID I STARTLE HIM? DID I? DID I? Damn, I need to chill out. I just really wanted to scare him a little. All in good fun though. "Man, I was really looking forward to talking to you after we went to the Veins." Shooting him a delicate smile and a subtle wink, I look at him with lusty eyes. No, no, not sex lusty. Battle lusty. I want to learn! Can he teach me? Will he?

Softly, I mutter to him. "Teach me to fight, Gaucho."

Walk walk walk
talk talk talk
STAT ROLLING THREAD
ooc:; Training spar 1v1 regular sparring rules apply. Unlimited companion use and magic use! @[Gaucho] gave me permission to pretend he was already here. I figured you could attack first, Aud. :3
setting:; Cool (50 degrees Fahrenheit. I don't know Celsius, soooo... XD Americans are weird) Late Afternoon/Sun starting to set, ground is muddy from a rain shower that took place a minute or two ago, there are still thick clouds in the sky, so the setting sun cannot be seen easily, and it's light is slightly dimmed. This takes place to the right side of the right river. GauchoaureliaY(that's the river) There is one large tree a little ways away, and next to it (almost leaning against it) a boulder.
comments:; ic and ooc training spar (as in gaucho is teaching Aurelia and aud is teaching me. :3) LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
Image Credits

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

Gaucho's antlered brow turned towards the feminine voice, calling his name. Dark ears flickered as a look of confusion seemed to permeate into his stormy gaze. The build and the coat of the one who neared looked familiar and yet...Grow so quickly? he mentally wondered with a snort. It couldn't have been more than a few seasons, since he last saw the golden-child - who was no longer a child - walking towards him. Flashes of their playful antics in the Throat, and the visit to the Veins passed before his mind, as if trying to overlay them against the figure he was now seeing.

As she spoke - of their trip to the veins - her being was solidified in his mind. And yet, the dun couldn't get over the physical change she had undergone. Not only was she taller, but the strength of her body had evolved into something much more muscular, though still in a feminine way. It was enticing; Gaucho grunted distractedly to Aurelia's comment about the veins, his stormy gaze still roving her more adult physique.

Teach me to fight, Gaucho.

Ahh. The magic words. The moment couldn't have gotten any sweeter.

Gaucho's gaze finally moved to meet Aurelia's, filling with their own battle-lust, as her's were. They had advanced from tag and play fighting, to the real art of battle. For a moment, Gaucho was motionless, as if trying to process what she had said. She had run right up to him, which was a mistake that she was about to pay for.

Without much of a indication, other than the air he sucked into his lungs seconds before lunging, Gaucho moved forward. Having turned to face her as she moved to greet him, they were roughly parallel to start. He lowered his antlered brow as he moved, aiming to have his left shoulder collide with her own left. He hadn't had time to press the button on his collar which would have released his spikes - which was lucky for her. Should his strike hit, his spikes would have likely caused a bloody gash. As for his antlers, he aimed to scrape them along her flank as he passed by - although taking care not to actually gauge her with them. This was simply a teaching experience after all. Continuing on, having never paused once he began, Gaucho kicked out gently once he believed he had roughly cleared her hind quarter - this was more defensive, to deter her from trying to buck, or kick after him. Then again, the sloppiness of the footing would likely have made a more powerful buck dangerous.

"Rule one. No tell your opponent anything that make it easier to get you. Also. No stand so close...in battle." He called out to her, now paying attention to his footing in the thick mud.

Aurelia, while having grown, was still much lighter, and more nimble than he. It was something he would never be able to overcome - regardless of how much training he put himself through. The natural abilities of others, were surely gifts that ought not to be overlooked.

WC: 521
Closing Defense: 0/1

OOC Notes

Great start! For someone else reading this, it definitely sets the stage for this spar. It lets them know that Gaucho and Aurelia know each other, and that there's some basis of this to be happening. Really great job describing the scenery and weather! I have a really good idea of where we are right now! It's also a good strategic advantage to be detailed in that section.

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

baylee

After my last words, all is silent. Then, like a well timed drum beat, we both prepare for a battle. I can see his sides growing as his lungs inflate with air. Is he sighing, preparing, wondering how he should kill me? Should I be scared? Oh, it's too late to wonder if being scared is the correct answer. I'm already regretting this a little.

Gaucho's body moves like he has had years of experience, I have not had that much experience. This is my first spar here, and I'm wigging out. There is so many moves I could do, but I don't know which to choose and how to time it! Gaucho obviously knows, because in the midst of my insane worrying, I feel his left should hit my left shoulder. I'm going to die. I might as well fall and play dead.

Maybe then he'd leave and I could live another day.

Well, damn. Of course that wasn't his only attack! THERE WAS MORE! I feel one of the many points in Gaucho's horn bump my flank, but no pain is caused from that. I immediately start moving forward, but I'm already in perfect range of another attack from on of his viciously sharp horns. I feel one of the hard point slice a piece of my hindquarters.

Hell, man. That hurt a little... (a lot.) A little nick now lined with blood, but luckily my coat isn't tainted with the crimson liquid. The blood doesn't drip, for maybe the cut wasn't deep or long enough. I'll admit it, the temporary uncomfortable stinging hadn't felt great, but it had dulled to a a slightly throbbing pain by now. I do react violently... well my violent. I lift my hindquarters in the air and kick out as many times and in all directions I can kick out in.

I think Gaucho had the same idea.

One of his back hooves (I can't tell which, because I'm kinda scared to turn around and waste valuable time) clips the side of my left hoof. This, unfortunately, makes my hoof go... tingle-y for a second-- almost like when you hit that one bone in your body and it tingles and you have to take a break for a few seconds to wait for the tingling to go away.

So, I let my hindquarters back onto the ground and trot forward a few steps, and my hoof is normal again. I don't like that tingling feeling, but it's gone for now.. at least. Maybe I should just pay more attention to which direction my hooves should flail in, and which direction they shouldn't.

1. Lesson One: Watch where the fuck you flail.

So, now that I've already started learning, it's time for Gaucho to learn exactly what I can do. Proving myself to a Sultan will be damn hard, but I need to do this. If I ever want to be a successful leader for The Lost Kin, my group, or anything, I have to know how to fight. I let my wings unfold, then... I fucking take to the skies.

Yes, my weakest area.. flight.

I'm doing this, so maybe I can get above Gaucho. I mean, he probably sees me coming with my flashy gold dapples and pearly white wings. Still, I want to try. So, I angle my body to where he is, hoping and praying he hasn't moved and won't move toooooo much. Maybe, this wasn't thought out well, but if it wasn't, I can land on the ground and advance on foot.

But for now, I stretch out my front hooves and aim for his withers.

"Rule one. No tell your opponent anything that make it easier to get you. Also. No stand so close...in battle." Maybe I'm just now comprehending his words. Well, I'm not going to stand closer to him. I'M FLYING CLOSER TO HIM.

Duh.

Walk walk walk
talk talk talk
STAT ROLLING THREAD
ooc:; Training spar 1v1 regular sparring rules apply. Unlimited companion use and magic use! around 600 words! Sorry.. this was a strange post. XD
summary:; Aurelia takes a few nicks and tucks from Gaucho's antlers after being bumped and becoming slightly unbalanced. His hoof bumps against her, and it feels to her like our funny bone does to us. It tingles and feels almost kind of numbish. She takes to the skies and tries to fly into Gaucho's withers. She hopes to just land on the ground saftley if he moves out from under her.
setting:;
comments:; ic and ooc training spar (as in gaucho is teaching Aurelia and aud is teaching me. :3)
EDIT: attack - 1/3
Image Credits

Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

Gaucho felt the supple golden-splotched flesh give way to his muscular physique, and was filled with the thrilling intoxication of battle. It was truly an amazing experience, feeling the flesh of another yield to your own - to cause fear, panic, and pain simply with a touch - a touch that in other times and with different pressure could cause bliss, chills, and delight. However the euphoria was interrupted by the scent of blood that filled Gaucho's dark nostrils, as his head pulled away from her flanks. He hadn't meant to draw blood - only alert her to the dangers of his antlers by dragging them against her soft flesh. Gaucho was not normally one to haphazardly attack others; his movements were normally carefully considered and executed. But that was a worry he would deal with later.
As their hooves collided, Gaucho too felt the ringing not-quite-right feeling in his bones, and pinned his dark ears against his skull. Grunting, he nodded with approval; he was glad that she hadn't simply let him charge past her.

Gaucho flicked an ear behind him, and realized that he could only hear his hoof-falls in the thick mud, not Aurelia's. With a grunt, the dun cast a look behind in time to see the pearly wings of the mare pulling her up into the skies. Given the overcast clouds, her brilliant coat stood out like a smear of white against the canvas of gray. His stormy gaze followed her movements, trying to decide if she was planning on remaining in the skies, or would try and aerial attack. The only time he had ever seen Aurelia fly was when she was younger - and her maneuvers and skills at that time had been sloppy and not well guided. Perhaps it was this misguided assumption that her flying skills had not grown, even if her body had, that led the dun to remain in one place for too long. As she angled towards him, front hooves lowered, for a fraction of a second, Gaucho wondered how on earth she was going to land at that angle, and with her hooves drawn out like that.

NOT Mara hissed loudly in his antlers, smacking the side of his cheek with her tail to try and instill some life into her bonded. The loose mud beneath his large hooves made any sort of quick movements impossible. Gaucho grunted as he forced his legs to move through the sludge, but it wasn't fast enough. His assumptions about Aurelia's flying skills, the footing, and her smaller stature in the air had given her the upper hand. Tendrils of pain shot through the warrior's back, as he felt her hooves scrape down his considerable hindquarters. Had she hit her original target of his withers, he might have been forced to his knees from the impact - but luckily he had moved far enough forward to evade that. However, his hind legs buckled with her weight, splattering his dark thighs with mud. Emitting a grunt of pain, Gaucho used his powerful wings to move himself forward, taking some of the weight off of his hind legs.

Although he was in pain, a grin still broke out across his dark muzzle. "Good" He grunted, finally collecting his hind end under himself, and trotting a few steps forward. "Remember. If you fly against a yewwneekorn, you leave your belly open to their horn. That not good." Pivoting on his hind end, he allowed Mara to bite the tip of his ear, drawing a small bead of blood. "What about magic? What you do then?"

Silvery mist pooled from Gaucho's antlers, forming into three abnormally large eagles. Their ethereal bodies began to take shape, as they flew towards Aurelia. Spreading out, one attempted to come at her from above, while the other two aimed for her right and left sides. This left the front for Gaucho. Stomping a hoof into the ground, a ripple shot out seemingly underneath the earth. The ground caved and waved with the magic, as Gaucho cantered forward diligently in the mud. His movements were slightly stifled by the pain still radiating in his back and rump, but also because of the slippery footing, threatening to unbalance him.He meant to collide directly into her - to have his powerful and broad chest collide with her own. Ears against his skull, his teeth snapped for the left side of her neck.

WC: 693
Closing Defense: 0/1

So Gaucho is using his War Stomp ability as well - I don't normally ever use it, so I just wanted to mention that's what was going on as well. :3

OOC Notes

You're hilarious! I actually lol'd during this (Lesson One: Watch where the fuck you flail.), so really good start. I like how you right Aurelia - Her desire to be strong is sort of mixed in with her general inexperience, and she reads really genuine to me. Also, this description: This, unfortunately, makes my hoof go... tingle-y for a second-- almost like when you hit that one bone in your body and it tingles and you have to take a break for a few seconds to wait for the tingling to go away. - Totally. I think everybody knows exactly what feeling you mean.

Things to work on:
I specifically say that I don't want his antlers to cut her, so I'm surprised you took the damage there. I know his attack (based on dice roll) was strong, that just surprised me a little. You might have added in a little dialogue about how he weren't expecting him to go so hard and to actually draw blood - or that maybe he doesn't know his own strength, or something.

Also, there is very little mention of pain. Gaucho is much larger, and he's knocking against her - imagine if someone bigger came up and body-checked you - sure you might want to play dead to avoid anything else, but it would also hurt.

For your attack, flying into the air and aiming for his withers well...we probably shouldn't expect that he's just going to stand there. What you might want to do, is say something like "But if he does decide to move, i'll land and use my momentum to run into him" - something like that so I have more to go on. Right now, if I just...move aside, or take to the air myself, your attack just collapses. Because that attack was rolled as being really strong, I had it so that she did hit - but it's something to keep in mind.

Finally, as Sevin mentioned (and I see you edited it) make sure you number your posts. It should always go something like
WC: ###
Attack #/#
And then any other commentary.

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
Deadline extended.

baylee

How strange is this. How strange is it that he can easily engage in a fight and understand the moves, but not a conversation? Perhaps, fighting to him, is like talking to me. When I talk, I know what I am doing. Words come easily to me, unlike poor Gaucho. Yet,maybe he isn't so unfortunate. He can fight well, as if it's like a language he has known since birth. A language that is so foreign to me.

As I land, I see his back legs buckle. I am pleased with myself, but I know this fight hasn't ended. Whether the end was near, or a few hours away, I will continue to try to fight. No matter how tired I am getting, I will keep going. How will I learn if I give up to quickly?

I stand with my legs splayed open awkwardly. This keeps my stance strong and allows for a few seconds of rest-- a few seconds to many. A mist forms in the air as the boy and I face each other. His ears thrown back aggressively and mine perked up with no idea what is happening. I am in awe.

The mist forms into three large birds that resemble a hawk or eagle. I don't know which, really. I am unfamiliar with birds. I stare at the ghostly bird that is over me. It keeps me from flying away from whatever attack is sure to come. I cannot help, but marvel at these creatures.

Has Gaucho always been able to do this?

He speaks to me. No, not the bird... Gaucho. "What about magic? What you do then?" My sight immediately falls off the bird and onto the caveman. "M-magic?" My voice goes crazy and I lose all control I had before (if any). After I say this, the power of speech becomes elusive. I stand there, down right confused.

Than an earthquake happens, but Gaucho was prepared for it. The ground shakes below me, and if it weren't for my (unique) stance, I would've fallen flat onto my face. Was this voodoo he played with? Was I to become a frog in one second? The simplicity of Helovia has vanished.

1. Lesson One: Watch where the fuck you flail.
  2. Lesson Two: Magic exists.
In my shock, Gaucho advances. He charges at me, and I can barely move. Do I move backwards? Hell. Yes. The mud barely lets my hooves go, and when it does let me go, Gaucho is like... super close to me. I scramble backwards, scared out of my wits. I cannot move fast enough, but I do manage to evade some of his attack. I feel his shoulder collide with mine, but at least not a full on chest-to-chest confrontation. He will not get away from this that easily. I feel the splintering numbness caress my shoulder, and I feel the wind shaken out of me.

That'll cause some bruising.

As he hits me, I open my mouth and chomps down a few times. My hysteric chomping was aimed at his shoulder and flank as he ran by. I want to grab his hide and tear it off, and then I want to run away, hide, and be scared. I kick out with my hind legs also, hoping to kick his legs and make him slower. Why did I not know about magic sooner? I gallop away from him, quickly to.

I'm a good bit away from him, I think, but he might be following me. I glide to a halt and turn around. "What the hell, Gaucho?" I call out frantically to him as I shake my head side to side. "No magic, no magic!" My body trembles for a moment. MAYBE, this is normal for him, but it isn't to me... I am an animal meant to run from these things, not fight them.

I don't like this sorcery.

Walk walk walk
talk talk talk
STAT ROLLING THREAD
ooc:; Training spar 1v1 regular sparring rules apply. Unlimited companion use and magic use!
summary:; Atack:; 2/3
- Aurelia has now learnt about magic! :D She kinda new about it, but she's never seen nor experienced this, so it freaked her out.
- She back away from Gaucho after feeling the ground shake and the birds go and block her from running off. Gaucho slams into her and she gets a bruise!
- As he is next to her, she tries to bite at him and kick him.
- She then promptly gallop in the opposite direction he charged her at.
setting:; muddy.
comments:; Sorry if this seemed jumbled. She's really confused and doesn't comprehend Gaucho's magic.

Image Credits

baylee
Please do not default this! I'd like to continue it when Aud gets back! :D

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
Gaucho has been AA'ed. Default win to Aurelia. 0.5VP awarded.