the Rift

so what if i'm lost

Saphira Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

"What are you doing?" I mutter under my breath, tipping my nose up, pushing my wiry locks aside. I thought I was headed home, but damn it this was not the way back. How did I know the scent of water was not the falls, but a river I had never seen? A sense of direction had never been my strong suit, but I didn't think I would get this turned around. That's what I get for leaving the foothills, for lingering in the forest I did not know by heart. For leaving familiar boundaries of home. In these silent words I hear the snide voice of my wild mother. I do not pause, pay time to my memories of her, I continue trying to figure if I even want to return. Hooves prodding forward, my verdant gaze sweeps across the landscape noticing it seems to be losing its sense of green. There is a some freaking weird scent too. What was with this place? Or had I merely been convinced my whole life there were only green forests, and small clearings? Steel colored ears press tightly to my skull, and I grind my teeth in frustration. I hate this. With my nose in the air, on the look out for a single soul I completely miss the gaping hole. I'm falling! I can't see!

Hooves thud upon rock, suddenly they screech across the hard surface, I'm sliding?

In both a manner of panic and stubbornness I try to adjust with this strange sensation by putting on the brakes. By brakes it means my ass slams down, and is now cold and wet. I'm still in the bottom of some godforsaken hole! No idea what could be here, the idea of sitting and welcoming it wasn't met with fond thoughts. Swiftly, front legs pulling, grunting, I do my best to avoid the water drips and finally stand up. Upon four steady hooves I feel I can collect my wits, and if the incident never happened I flick my blond tail, and begin to look around. It is actually rather pretty, this quaint, odd place. Surprisingly it isn't cold, and the rest of it seems rather dry. "Huh," I again mumble for my own ears, deciding to move forward, but finding myself staring at the crystals not yet able to pick a path to wander. This place seemed made of stories and magic, I wasn't sure it was a good idea to find its heart.

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
She came in like a thunderstruck fool, very loud and pronounced. It was likely the whole cavern was privileged to hear each thundering shutter as hoof after hoof struck unforgiving stone that was slick from gathered moisture. I watched her slide down and said nothing out of simple surprise—but as she rose with eyes wide in childlike shock, I stepped from the nearby wall to greet this wayward stranger. There was no point in standing aside anyways, it wasn’t like my current outward appearance would allow me that honor; it forbid me to become one with shadows as others did. Flashing mane and tail seemed to always be ablaze with heavens fire, and I knew not when it would dispel.

Though softly spoken my voice was deep enough to rise above the steady vibrations of settling rock, “Hail friend, be easy. Are ye well?” there was reasonable amount of concern lacing each vocal, she appeared rather surprised and distraught. I closed our distance though remained slightly apart out of caution born from the disease rampaging our land. Sensitive nostrils flexed apart to test the air by drawing in a deep whiff and gathering that her pelt held a musk of pine and fern—Foothills kin. Golden rods narrowed as I’m are forced to peer through the shallow darkness in search of signs that could hint upon prevailing sickness. Feathered appendages slipped apart from my body nervously, shifting as an avian might until finding that comfortable position before sliding back against warm flesh.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Saphira Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

ooc:thank you. I'm just going to keep this more at present time. @[Midas]

A rise of a chin to bring in more light, verdant gaze adjusts to the deferring levels of darkness. I hadn't needed to do so to see bright flickering flames coming toward me. In protest, ears wish to flatten, but I force them to remain directly upward realizing the fire is dancing in the mane of a black and white stallion. Never seeing such a thing, my head is warily tucked close to the base of my neck. There is interest marked in silver visage, peeked by his appearance. Who could have missed my grand entrance? Certainly not this fellow, who seemed to be on guard. His own caution marked in the way he took in every aspect of me his senses should allow. Maybe, more. I didn't like to think of the possibilities he could see through me, read my mind. When he called my a friend, I did the best I could to relax myself, slightly dropping my neck in a more submissive action.

"Err, well yes. I'm not ill. I just don't understand what's going on for certain." It wasn't hard to admit these things. I had seen the darkness in the distance, but I was lost as it was with no idea all the impending doom. I can't help, uneasily take in the sight of his flaming locks again, but the manner of his voice is pleasing. A little easing to my frayed nerves. Drawing in a calm breath, a force to take a step closer I try to explain. "I belong to the Foothills. I've been lost for awhile now, and with this darkness I'm not sure if there is a home to go back to." I really hadn't thought I was attached to that place, but I felt a sting of sadness thinking I was starting over again. There was nothing to return to, and nothing to look forward upon.

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
When she posed an otherwise healthy demeanor, lacking the qualities of those that had become stricken with an unmatchable illness. I could sense no sign of decay or rot on her body. Her voice rose and posture fell into a submissive stance, filling the space between us with words that eased my own nerves into one of more welcoming acceptance. When her gaze rose to mine, lips widened into a tender smile, eyes softening in response to the alarm which still lingered in her straining pupils. I hated that we’d come to question every individual that blasted or stumbled into this place—simply out of our own terror. Purposely I urged my muscles to grow lax and relax enough to speak without the air of caution.

“I’m glad ye made it here alive and well; and aye your land is likely overtaken…as is all the rest.” Voice dipped low, growing heavy with the rise of pent grief toward the end. An obvious yearning fluttered behind my steel clade chest, I wanted so much to comfort this wayward lass and the rest of my kin with words of grander—we were going to go home soon, I’d like to tell them. But home. Seemed impossibly far away. “Yon kin is down in the tunnels, ye can find them without much difficulty. Apollo and others made it here safely.” At least the clans had made it here with some semblance of their members in tow, which should at least be some comfort to the lass.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]