the Rift

[OPEN] Blood Trail (open!)

Parelia Posts: 210
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 :: 7:: Frostfall HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Penna :: Peregrine Falcon :: None Parelia
The moon was shinning like a spot light on the cremello and blood painted mare. The night was not particularly cold, but to the beaten bloody mare it was the coldest night of her life. Her body was shaking as she limped towards her home, 'Almost there.' She thought weakly as she continued numbly on her path. She wasn't sure which was worse, the almost blinding pain, the freezing cold, or the walking. Her left wing was useless, at least for a while, the wing joint had been punctured by that gold trimmed bitches horn, and it was going to take at least a season to heal naturally. Her head and tail would have normally been held high but now they were lowered her muzzle inches from the ground her listless tail dragging, leaving a trail behind her. The long cream and teal streaked tail, wasn't the only thing leaving a trail behind her, crimson splashes were slowly soaking into the ground behind her. Her eyes were dull and listless, from the lose of blood she had suffered. Her legs barely left the ground as she shuffled forward, the terrible pain on her right side, caused by two broken ribs, kept her from her graceful walk. The sweet welcomed scent of her heard wafted towards her nostrils, causing hope to flare up in her soul, like a lightning strike. 'I can make it. If I can only make it deeper into the boarders, my family will find me.' Pausing to catch her breath, carefully, she allowed her mind to think, 'I will have revenge, I will become better, strong even and I will take my feather back.' Anger filled her heart as she thought of her beloved teal feather with that evil unicorn. Her weary azure eyes flashed with anger then turned into deep pools pain.

Parelia knew she had to keep moving, motion was the only thing keeping her from going insane from the torture her body had endured. It seemed like forever, and maybe it had been, she couldn't keep up with the time anymore, but she had made it. Just as she came out of her agonized stupor she realized that she was in the heart of the hills, her knees buckled. A squeal of pain ripped from her lunges as she fell flat on her broken right side. Panting from the pain her eyes grew wide showing the whites of her eyes as she prayed to the gods for someone to come save her. A raspy pain dunked voice whispered, "Please someone help me..." She couldn't, and wouldn't, fight the cloaking blackness much longer.

Walking "Talking" 'Thoughts'
Words:440
OOC:; @[Brisa] @[Miykael][
Parelia
[Image: 54a664c1065ed][Image: 542f83afbdf08]
Please tag Parelia! Attack at anytime

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Blue eyes had just closed to the darkness when a agonizing cry split through the silence for all to hear. Stumbling backwards in surprise her rump hit into the nearby evergreen stilling her progress. Ears at attention to figure out what exactly had happened she gazed out into the darkness. The familiarity in the tone caught her off guard striking a nerve deep down that brought a queasiness to her stomach. The cries were from a feminine source and told a story of complete pain and suffering one that she could sadly relate to all to well. Not long ago it would have been her that cried out desperate for help as she lay battered and beaten wishing death would free her soul. No one had come for her, she had been alone each and every time.

Her hooves were moving well before her mind comprehended it heading in the direction of the cry. She could not leave someone to suffer as she had before, her heart could not let it. If someone had come to her rescue back then maybe, just maybe she would not have such a innate fear of being close to others. She could only hope that she would not be too late to do something good for the mare who cried out. Her strides slowed marginally as the scent of the foothills made themselves apparent around her, she needed to do something to help. This was what drove her past the rather unpleasant memories of the welcome she had received the last time she had neared the borders without knowingly doing so.

The shape of something within the grass caught her attention as she approached cautiously lowering her head. In the air hung the unpleasant coppery scent of blood as she fought with her own internal demons that threatened to rise. The scene, the sights, the sounds each and everyone of them reminded her of the pain, the torture and the hopelessness she had felt. No she would be strong, it was not her in this situation this time. Nickering softly as her hooves brought her within meters of the mare she wanted to reach out and touch her to let her know she was safe but she withheld knowing it might cause only more pain. Either she would accept her touch or she would strike out fearing her attacker had returned to finish her off, it would do neither of them any good if they were both injured.

"Hello? Please answer me, I won't hurt you." Her voice was shaky at best but it was at least clear or so she hoped. Her nerves were wired as her ears flicked around nervously listening for anyone else who might approach.

TAGS: @[Parelia]
MUSE: Good
NOTES: So sorry for the wait, just got off working 6 days in a row.

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
Night had fallen and he couldn't sleep. He was anxious about his upcoming trip back to his previous home with Alysanne. What would they find? Had he been wrong to assume that everything was okay? Had he falsely comforted Alysanne and the reality is that her son was now gone? The worry in his heart would not cease. Nocturne still had a firm grip on his heart - his twins were there as were his parents - but even though they were there he did not want to call it home again. Nocturne held little more than sad and painful memories. Regardless, he knew that Alysanne would not be happy until she knew what had occurred after they left during a particularly nasty blizzard. Thus it had been decided and the time to leave was quickly arriving.

The weather here had begun to cool and soon winter would be upon them. If they leave soon they should bypass the snowstorms here and arrive in Nocturne during spring - winter there was summer here, after all. Miykael stands in his usual nightly clearing in the woods of the Edge, Alysanne sleeping peacefully nearby. With his massive white wings tucked tightly against his sides, his vivid blue eyes watch her for a moment. "I'll return before you wake." he whispers softly, so softly that she wouldn't really hear him. Flashing a brief smile in her direction, he turns and walks away - intending to head to the Heavenly Fields; the one place that felt truly like home.

He walked, as he usually did, despite having wings. It gave him time to think, clear his head or figure out what he would say and do should they find Nocturne a disaster zone. Miykael's journey wasn't a far one this evening. Once outside the wall all he needed was to head east and slightly north; following along the base of the mountains to his left. The cool air of the night felt nice and the light of the moon acted as his silent guide.

Everything was peaceful until the sharp, tangy smell of fresh blood assaulted his nostrils. He wasn't far from the foothills now but the blood made his heart pound with urgency and concern. Miykael picked up the pace and soon he found himself running. Running right past the border of the foothills and following the scent of the blood all the way to the heart of the herd. It was here that he saw the pale mare - she was a lifeless (from where he was at least) lump upon the ground with blood slowly pooling around her. A gray mare was already there when he arrived but his concern rested only with ensuring that the wounded mare was helped and healed. He charged towards them, stopping only once he was by the fallen mare's side, disregarding any consequences he might need to suffer later. He lowered his muzzle to the fallen one, sensing her fading warmth but seeing her sides still move with her rhythmic breathing. "It'll be alright now, help is here." he murmurs softly, gently - even though he knew he couldn't do anything to help her - not without the help of a healer.

Miykael wastes no time, he immediately lifts his head and releases a loud call, practically bellowing the urgency of the situation. Someone must have heard him but he could not relax until more capable help arrived. Seeing her bleeding and watching the life fading from her eyes simply tore at his heart, ripping it into pieces. He couldn't help but to curse and mentally kick himself for the loss of his healing powers. "PLEASE!" he shouts - time was running out.
Miykael
Image Credit
table by the lovely Sevin <3

@[Lakota] or anyone else who can heal and can post/has time? :D
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit

A scream breaks her patrol, one she'd just started, and her head jerks up so quickly it actually hurts a little. Heart pounding instinctively at the sound, she whirls upon her heels and focuses on the reverberations, the echoes of the cry for help aiding her in pinpointing where it came from. With barely a second of hesitation she's sprinting towards the unknown voice that called out for her. Lakota didn't know if it was necessarily her they called for, but she wasn't going to wait around and put someone's life on the line just because she didn't know the answer to that question. The woods around her became a half-distinguishable blur of green and grey, brown and blood of dying autumn. Aodaun is hot on her heels, surging forward ahead of her when she urges him on in her head. The polar bear had larger step than she, even in his dwarfed form, and his ancestors were used to this pace of hunting and distant traveling.

The scent of blood drove the ice prince onward, as if it were the seals his kind hunted on the ices of the north. Lime eyes snapped between the trunks of the trees, searching for the three that had called out for his mistress so plaintively. It wasn't hard to find them with the blood and noise to lead him, and he transports what he sees to the eyes of his bonded. Internally he feels her fear for the child, the wary nature of her emotions shooting through her to him. Why are two World's Edge adults past the borders, and why are they huddling around the broken frame of the Foothills mare? Though they were the ones to cry out for help, Lakota fears a trick, perhaps an ambush.

Aodaun obeys her fears without a real command, snarling and snapping as he moves towards Parelia, standing over her protectively and eyeing the Edge members warily. Lakota lifts her muzzle and calls out despite her panting, not wanting them to attack her prince for fear he was trying to harm her herd sister. Huffing softly when she appeared in the small clearing, her eyes fell on the two intruders, and the medic goes about her business efficiently. It's habit by now.

"Move back!" she orders, striding towards her downed sister with purpose. She kneels quickly, displacing Aodaun, who stalks in circles around the pair, eyeing Miykael and Brisa with clear distrust and interest. Lakota presses herself to the side of the other Hills mare, drawing in her breath slow and strong, simultaneously drawing from the earth. The power surges into her muscles, flowing through her veins and into Parelia's body where they connect. Lakota's brows were drawn in concentration and effort, feeling the healing skin and reforging bones as if they were in and on her own body. It wasn't a comforting sensation, nor one she always enjoyed, but it let her know that she was doing her job.

By the time she pulls away, Parelia's ribs will be tender but healed together, if brindle. Her skin will be made anew, but pinkened, not quite scar-worthy but close. Her wing was the hardest to work on, such a delicate thing, and a limb Lakota didn't have of her own. It was foreign to her, but essentially it was the same as any mix between cartilage and bone, and after a bit of focusing on it she'd patched it up rather tremendously, she thought, for her first try.

Sighing softly in relief she leaned back upon her knees. Aodaun came to her side swiftly, leaning his shoulder beneath her and helping her to her hooves. Her eyes turn to pin on Brisa, then Miykael. They are nameless to her, or at least, Miykael is. Brisa she knows, from when she'd trespassed last time with a child wishing to possibly join the Hills. "You are trespassing, I hope you know? But you came to the aid of my sister, and you called for me. For now, we are on equal terms. My name is Lakota, head medic and poisoner of the Foothills. You are Brisa, if I remember correctly from our last meeting?" She's tired, voice soft and weary, eyes flickering unsurely between the two of them. It would be difficult to fight them off normally, but after using her energy to heal Parelia, it would be nearly impossible, and she didn't like those odds.

WE ONLY EXIST IN TERMS OF THIS CONFLICT
In the zone where black and white clash

Resurgere | Wroth

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

The scene before her was almost too much to bear for the young mare to stomach. It was not a queasy feeling that filled her gut rather one of complete painstaking terror as her eyes flicked over the poor girls battered frame laying before her. Try as she might to rouse the pegasus all attempts seemed to fall on deaf ears only deepening her concern. No she wouldn't let her give up fighting! Somehow she would come out the other side of this, she just had to. "Please Open Your Eyes, Anything Please.." She snapped at the mare desperately hoping her cries would reach beyond the excruciating pain stilling her movement and brain function.

It was beyond her how another could do this to someone, how could anyone be so heartless? It sickened her to think that they were not the only victims to a crime such as this, there were hundreds, maybe thousands of others that shared this pain. Lowering her head in sheer determination she hesitantly touched her muzzle to the mares neck silently pleading for someone to save this mare. She was no healer or she might have been able to conjure up something to help but without the knowledge she was useless. Her thin frame stood over the stranger protectively as if to shield her from death's grasp.

The approach of another catches her off guard as the only thing she comprehends is the stallion rushing up to them. Damn that bastard coming back to finish off what he did! Instinctively her head snakes around with ears pinned and teeth bared only to fall short of the stallions hide prematurely. It is only then does his words register in her messed up brain that she immediately regrets her actions. His lyrics are soothing but focused completely on the girl laying next to her, he is not here to harm but rather to attempt to help just as she is. It is as if he sees only her as his attention doesn't even seem to register her standing here feeling like a complete idiot. Another voice orders a command as her head whips around to see another's hurried movements approach.

Reacting automatically her rather submissive self carefully jumps aside as ordered without taking her eyes off the downed pegasus. Turning to watch the other access the stranger tears well in her eyes as the full extent of the situation begins to sink in but she fights them off with determination. Wait she faintly recognizes this mare from past acquaintance, what was her name again... If her memory served her correctly she could remember her claiming to be a healer. Her heart leapt with a surge of renewed hope that maybe this would be the mares saving grace. Anxiety welled with each passing minute but finally the mare steps away seeming relieved, this was good right?

Hard eyes turn on them and she feels herself withdraw knowing she had trespassed yet again only this time with purpose. Lowering her head in an attempt to shield herself from the expected words she mentally braces herself for what she thinks is to come. It comes as a surprise that Lakota remembers her name and she lifts her gaze slightly nodding in response faintly. "Yes I am Brisa." She replies gently her voice sounding small as nerves grip at her tediously digging their thorns in. "I heard her cries and I could not leave her to die..I was only trying to help her... I'm sorry..really I am.."

Blue eyes crept back to the injured mare looking for some sign that she would be alright. "Will she be alright?" She said not able to hold back her overwhelming concern she just had to know she would be ok.

TAGS: @[Lakota], @[Parelia], @[Miykael]
MUSE: Good
NOTES: Sorry if I skipped anyone, I wasn't sure if Parelia was going to post or if she was unconscious.

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Parelia Posts: 210
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 :: 7:: Frostfall HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Penna :: Peregrine Falcon :: None Parelia
Darkness, soothing relaxing black had taken the cremello and teal painted mare down into it's warm embrace. Her eyes were closed her face, which had been masked in pain, loosened showing her chiseled Arabian features. If she had been awake enough to sigh, it would have been utter relief. her brain swam through the black enjoying the feeling of freedom. The sensation was much like flying, which only drew her deeper into unconsciousness. Her brain paused in it's lazy backstroke, something was calling to her, urging her back to the waking world. Someone was calling to her, not her name exactly, but they clearly wanted her. Her brain which had been soaking in pain struggled against the oozing blackness, she caught a few words, a few touches even. Open, eyes, a soft touch on her neck she knew this had to be a mare calling to her begging for her to do something, but what? Then a new voice tickled her drunken brain, help here, what did they want? Some small voice told her they were here to finish her, but a much stronger voice, taking on her father's tones told her they wanted to keep her safe. She embraced the latter. Struggling even hard to come out of the now drowning starless night sky, she was suddenly added, by a new voice, and new words. Move back was all she caught before a hollow dull ache began everywhere at once then focusing on her most wounded areas.

Her light honey brown eyes flew open then whites showing momentarily, before relaxing as she caught the blue roan mare's word of sister. She let the rest of the words swirl around her. A strange giggling sensation touched her pain induced drunkenness, 'I wonder if this is how Oxy feels.' She thought silently gazing up the the three around her. Her eyes roved over the mare that had said sister, and she slowly connected the pieces together. The blue roan was known as Lakota the head healer. The other two, a silvery grey mare, and a dunskin Pegasus stallion were also standing around her. She watched them curiously as her delicate nostrils drew in their scents, they didn't smell like her heard. Regardless of this, she was happy to have them there.

She catches the mare's name this time and just lays there listening azure eyes fixed on the blue ones. As Brisa asks about her own condition, Parelia lifts her head a shaky smile on her face. Her sweet voice starts out small and shaky, much like a scared foal, but slowly strengths, "It'll take much more than a good beating to finish me off." She can't help but cast a very grateful smile at Lakota before continuing, "Thank you Miss Lakota." She turns her gaze towards the silent stallion before shifting back to Brisa. "Thank you both for coming to my rescue..." She wasn't very good at thank yous, but she would try. "I am Parelia, and I am in your debt." The words were heavy, like trying to swallow a kitten that had it's claws stuck in your throat, but they had to be said. She lifted her bold eyes to both of theirs in turn, almost daring them to call her a liar. Suddenly she felt very weak, her head dropping to the ground with a soft thud. Grumbling she turned her eyes to Lakota, her voice weaker now, "How long will I be grounded?" She flicked her eyes to her precious wing fear gripping her heart with steely claws. 'Will I ever even be able to fly again?'

Walking "Talking"’Thought’
Words:601
OOC:; It's ok Nickle, I went with it =D @[Miykael] can just post next then we'll go back to normal =]
Parelia
[Image: 54a664c1065ed][Image: 542f83afbdf08]
Please tag Parelia! Attack at anytime

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
In truth, Miykael didn't even flinch when the other mare snapped defensively at him; she had viewed him as a potential threat. A completely understandable assumption and though he meant no disrespect, he paid little attention to her - there is a life at stake and to him that is the priority. The coolness of the injured mare worried him extensively. He had called for help but there was little he could do otherwise. Just as he was about to lay down beside her, press himself alongside her in order to share his body heat, the silence is broken by the sounds of others approaching. His call, he assumes, has worked. The mare would be saved after all.

His initial relief is shattered when the bear charges towards them. Miykael hesitates, his muscles tensing when the bear snarled and snapped his teeth at them. It isn't until he sees the bear's posturing and hears a horse call to them from the distance that he responds by back-pedaling a few slow steps. The equine appears, then, rushing towards them. Her voice commands them to move back and Miykael obeys without the slightest hesitation. His only regret is that he cannot help, that his healing magic disappeared the moment he left Nocturne. Miykael moves himself back, granting the healer and her companion a comfortable amount of space; all the while making it very evident that he is no threat.

His blue eyes watch the healer work, marveling at the speed and efficiency with which she proceeds to heal the fallen mare's wounds. Relief settled over him yet again. After a few moments, the healing is complete and it is evident that it had taken effort for the healer to accomplish. Miykael could relate. He, too, had healed some difficult wounds; his patient had been better off when he had found her, though. The healer speaks to them at that point and he can sense the anxiety in the gray mare beside him. Brisa, that was what the healer had called her. Brisa is quick to respond to the mare and her bear companion. When she falls silent, Miykael remains calm; relieved and at ease now that the fallen pegasus had been healed.

"Apologies for trespassing, ma'am. I meant no harm. I had been on my way to the Heavenly Fields when I came across a rather fresh trail of blood. I followed it without thinking; an instinct from the past, you might say." and here he pauses, adding in a warm smile with the hope of reassuring her. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Lakota. I'm Miykael, an... ex-healer." his deep voice is warm, friendly. Unlike Brisa, he does not ask if the mare would be okay but only because of his previous experience. Help had arrived in time - much later and even he would be questioning whether the mare would be alright.

Parelia, the fallen pegasus speaks then, she is weakened but in far better shape than she had been only moments ago. With a warm smile, he lowers his nose to her. "My pleasure." his voice though deep and strong, resonating across the empty space between them, it is all warmth and kindness. "I'm glad to see you're alright, Parelia." and silently he adds, but please, please be more careful.

[OOC // so sorry for the delay everyone! Sunday was my birthday then Monday I had a doctor's appointment and today is my volunteer day. Here it is! I'm absolutely exhausted so I sincerely hope it makes sense!]
Miykael
Image Credit
table by the lovely Sevin <3

@[Lakota] @[Brisa] @[Parelia]
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.