the Rift

young fool

Tamlin Posts: 40
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 2 years
Rover
Tamlin
the blood prince
Tamlin had never visited the Spectral Marsh and thus he had no idea how it looked before the darkness devoured it. Had he know he would have been surprised about the gnarled trees laying in ashes and the eerie darkness clinging to the lands. But he had nothing to compare with, however that didn’t keep him from feeling uneasy as he carefully left the dry plains behind and stepped into the unknown. The line between the plains and this godforsaken area was strangely sharp and easy to make out. But the young fool let his earthy colored hooves bear him across it.

His nostrils widened and his ears flicked as he slowly treaded on. Driven by curiosity, but frightened nonetheless, he walked deeper into what had been the Spectral Marsh mere days ago. What it was now he didn’t know. Did anyone know? Doubtful.

A sound, like a twig breaking under a hoof or a paw, made the young stallion jump. He stopped dead in his tracks and swung his head around; body tense and flanks heaving. But he saw nothing though the thick darkness. Just as he started to relax the same kind of noise surprised him from a different direction. With a gasp he turned towards it. Nothing. This time he couldn’t relax. He stood frozen; mismatched eyes darting hither and dither. Again he heard a noise and his heart started racing.

The self-proclaimed prince had known his fair share of fear. The battle of the Edge. The freezing cold on the Steppe. The glacier swallowing him whole. But that was nothing compared to what he was feeling now. The dark young stag felt surrounded. Noise came now from every direction and panic clenched his heart. He couldn’t die now! He had an Empire to conquer! And Aviya, he couldn’t die without seeing Aviya at least one more time!

Run! his mind screamed and Tamlin ran.

he sows in blood

Permission to use violence and magic against Tamlin at all times granted

Takara Posts: 19
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 14.3 :: Yearling Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Why I came here of all places I do not know. However my hazy green eyes do not allow me to see where exactly here is. All I know is it does not smell like any herdland that I know of. I do not see the unicorn that has arrived in the marsh before me. But I can smell him. He kind of smells like the Edge, but I can not be sure. Maybe I should return home.... The wilds really are not a place for a blind girl like me... But no, I won't go back. My twin sister had tried to stop me from leaving in the first place, and that had not done any good. Once my mind was made up, it was done.

But that didn't matter now... I heard the sounds of the unicorn stallion running and then nothing.... and that's when the sounds hit me. It was slight at first, but as it increased the more frightened I became. I was jumping nearly out of my skin at the slightest creak or a branch or snap of a limb. Something told me to run, and I ignored it. After all, I was a big and tought yearling right? I could handle anything thrown my way, right?

It wasn't until the sounds seemed to come from everywhere that I decided to bolt... By then it's to late. I didn't know what way was out, what way was farther in... I was lost and in the dark.... Literally.

Takara