the Rift

[PRIVATE] Not Goodbye for Long

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

ALYSANNE.
Paint with all the colours of the wind
Today was going to be the day. They had discussed it, and the decision was not an easy one to make. But then it had to come eventually – she knew it all along. They both had children back in their old home and family members that they needed to take care of, to look after and make sure that they were doing well. Every day she spent in Helovia was one filled with excitement and magic but there was always regret there. It did not even linger on the edges, it was blaring right in the front of her mind. Every happy memory that she was creating shadowed and drained just a little bit more every day.

Her son, her beautiful son. If Sasha was gone for good this time, their son was the one thing she had of him – minus the memories – and that connection only made her love the not-so-little colt even more. Oh how she worried about how much he had grown in her absence. Would he be able to out race her now? Could he fly well? Did he hate her for leaving?

The magic of Helovia could not stop those thoughts – there was only one thing to be done.

As they drew closer to the Edge – that beautiful glass wall rising through the trees and hills – Alysanne cast a look to Miykael, hoping for a little bit of encouragement, and of course receiving it. He was there for her, her friend and her guide, and they were in this together. She wasn’t so sure she’d be able to leave on her own had he not shown up – as much ambition as she had to get back to Nocturne she had gotten used to the fact that she was hopeless with directions. She’d probably spend years trying to find it again!

Her large wings hugged her sides tightly, comforting herself as she turned to the mare at her side. She felt dreadful but she knew this was right. They had to leave. She had been quiet since leaving the Foothills but she spoke up now – a little quiver in her voice though she fought to settle it down. It was not so terrible as that, was it? This was not forever. “Kahlua? Do mind if we stop here for a minute, we have something we need to talk to you about.” Vague, perhaps, though she had a feeling that Kahlua would guess the meaning.

It was hard to maintain a smile now but she managed, if only so that the whole thing would not seem like some great and terrible thing. Alysanne had never been a rather big fan of goodbyes and she had grown so fond of the cheerful mare. Although she knew that the subject had been breached before with Kahlua – indeed, since they first met – it still felt hard now that the day was finally upon them.

---

@[Kahlua], Miykael. Hope you don't mind me getting this going even though the delivery thread isn't quite finished! Just wanted to see if we could get this moving before the SWP gets bigger :)

image credit
table by imi <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Delivery over, the girl padded happily back towards the wall. Of course, now that she didn't have anything left to deliver, she was going to have to figure out what to do with her time, and her basket that was swinging freely in her mouth. For a while she just rummaged through her head, thinking of odds and ends that she had left to take care of. Shadow had ordered something from her, a gift that she was still having a hard time coming up with a design for. Something that could grow with the foal, pretty, but not too womanly for it could be a boy. She shook her head. Inspiration would come soon enough.

Soon enough, the trio came upon the wall and just as Kahlua was headed towards the opening, her friend halted and turned her way. At first the girl thought nothing of it, other than they would be chatting, but even the simple girl could not ignore the serious tone in Aly's voice and so she halted, turning to look at the woman with the glass headband, smiling at her work. Still, the smile was subdued. She was concerned and confused about what was going on and it was hard for her to hide it. Instead, she shifted uneasily and put her basket down.

“Sure, what about?” She cocked her head to the side slightly, looking between the mare and stallion to try and figure something out. Still, as much faith as Aly might have had in her, the girl had no idea. Aly had said once that she would only stay for a short time, but Kahlua had more-or-less forgotten the statement. After all, she had been having so much fun in the summer heat and crisp autumn air. And, as far she she could tell, Aly had come to love the place almost as much as Kahlua herself did. If Kahlua had thought about it at all, all she would have thought was that Aly had given up on heading home, happy as she was here. So, instead, she waited, smile turning to somewhat of a frown as she tried to decipher the clandestine meaning behind Aly's words.

OOC| Not a problem! Sorry for the delay with it, I'm not really sure what happened with the Delivery thread x.x
Kahlua

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

ALYSANNE.
Paint with all the colours of the wind
Her plan, feeble as it was, fell apart as soon as it became clear that Kahlua did not remember, or at least immediately remember, that something like this day was on the horizon. She had been hoping that her dear friend would realize what was happening just as soon as the topic was breached, perhaps that would lessen the pain of having to explain it. But then, no matter how the topic was going to be breached it would result in unhappiness so Alysanne was just going to have to stop being vague and get down to the point.

The joyful mare stopped when requested and had a bright smile on her face – at least for a moment before it turned into a frown. Perhaps she picked up on Alysanne’s tone because there was certainly no smile on her dark face now.

She hated this goodbye already.

She hated all goodbyes, whether they were planned or whether they simply did not happen. Sasha never said goodbye and she remembered how she had asked him to – but maybe she had been wrong. Maybe it was better to not know when he was gone, to not have that feeling that came when something ended.

Looking to Mikey once more for help, she took a deep breath to steady herself. She could totally do this, it wasn’t so bad really. It wasn’t forever. It wasn’t. Summer green eyes look to Kahlua once more and she finally found her voice. “Um.. It’s time for me to go see my son, and Mikey is going to come with me – he has family back in Nocturne too.” Even if he wasn’t one of her closest friends, she was going to need the help to get there and get back again. No more wandering aimlessly for her – she had enough of that for the rest of her life. She was ready for a home. “We’ll be back… I’m sure.” Her voice shook - how could she be sure? Was she turning her back on the most wonderful home she had ever had with the knowledge that she might not ever see it again? Anything could get in the way of a return but she could not think of that now. “Kahlua… you’ve been such a good friend to me. And you’ve given me something I’ve been searching for all my life – a home. The Edge is perfect, you’re perfect, and it breaks my heart that I have to leave. Please tell Brisa that I’ll miss her.” But of course she had to go and she was sure Kahlua would understand. It was breaking her heart to stay and she would always, always choose her family over whatever happiness she would find elsewhere.

There was sadness but this was the right thing to do. She would leave, find her son and spend some much needed time with him. She hoped that she would return, perhaps with him in tow. She intended to tell him wonderful stories of Kahlua and the Qian and all the fantastic things she had seen in Helovia.

And because she simply could not do anything else, she stepped forward with the intention of wrapping her neck around that of her friend’s, even draping one wing lightly on her back to complete the hug. Letting go, she whispered “Thank you, for everything.”

image credit
table by imi <3

Rottie gave the go-ahead to post around her so we can finish this up :)
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Kahlua's own goodbyes were so many, it terrible that she was almost growing used to them new. Go the Threshold, find a friend, bring them to the Edge and then never see them again. And though she missed each one that she brought home, lamented when they disappeared from her life, perhaps her skin had come to be hardened by it. But those were just passerbys, friends that were a part of her life for a moment and then gone again. Aly was different, a charm that made her smile, a bright ray of sunshine through the misty forest of the Edge. Would it be so easy?

It's time for me to go see my son, she began, and Kahlua's frown was suddenly justified. Yes, it seemed that this leaving was very different. Her heart hurt that Aly would disappear from her life, though her promise to return helped a little. Still, how many promises like that had been broken before? For Kahlua? For the world? But she tried, for her friend, to let her from grow to a soft smile, tried to hide the sadness in her face. But Kahlua was no steel box, hiding emotions within, she showed what she was. And right now she was concerned.

Still, it seemed that with every word Aly spoke, Kahlua could feel it in her heart that she would keep her promise. She would come back. And so when Aly finally stopped her words, moved forward to wrap her neck around Kahlua, the painted girl followed suit, entwining herself around her friend and enjoying the warm feeling of closeness. The brush of feathers against her back made her nicker warmly, confusion fading. Her face was sure now, as she stepped back. Aly would return. She had to.

“I'll miss you,” she said, reaching her nose up towards the slightly taller pegasus' forehead. The band that Kahlua had made. Trying to touch it for a moment, with a warm rush of air from her nostrils, she stepped back. “I'll be with you, though.” For a moment she hummed softly, eyes closing, trying to hang onto this last feeling. Just... just in case. “I'll tell Brisa,” she promised at last, blue eyes looking into Aly's own. “And I'll eagerly await your return. Good luck.” Taking a few more steps backward, she tried to give Aly the room she would need. Emotional space, physical space, it was all the same. She had it now. She could go.
Kahlua

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post