[PRIVATE] the worst times bring out the best in people [Tandavi]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: sohtable.png]

SOHALIA

I fly.

The evening is still young, with a bright orange globe sinking to the west, painting the sky in brilliant vermillion hues tinged with crimson, fading to a deep blue-violet to the east. The stars are beginning to come out, though I know the moon will not rise until later. It is an odd time of day, for though my allegiance lies with the God of the Sun out of duty, a small part of my heart lies with the Goddess of the Moon. After all, her darkness shielded me for much of my youth and allowed me to escape a horrible fate. Besides, both the day and the night are beautiful, even more so when I am able to soar through their skies. My ivory wings burn a beautiful coral in the setting sun's light, outstretched as though to envelope the earth below me.

I do not dare go far from the Throat at this hour, as I am still a paranoid soul who does not wish to be caught unawares by an enemy, but the distance from the half-finished wall will do me good. I must clear my head before I can even begin to think of resting through the night. My head spins and reels with half-finished thoughts as I think of this piece that needs to be attached more firmly and that thing that I need to smooth out. Over and over again I look at the Wall in my mind, checking for holes and weaknesses. Again and again and go through my day, trying to ensure that I have not forgotten any seemingly insignificant detail that might be out undoing. It is a heavy burden to bear alone, but as the sole Forger of the Throat, what choice do I have?

I find myself gliding lower and lower, and I recognized the blazing pit that is Helovia's Heart. It does not take long until my dainty hooves touch the rocky ground and I land in a graceful canter before slowing to a halt, gazing into the flaming depths. Perhaps here, surrounded by only the whisper of the wind and the glow of the molten heart below, I will finally find my peace.

"talk talk talk"
@[Tandavi]

Live... I want to live on fire
Die... I want to burn out brighter
Brighter than the northern lights
Want to live to feel the daylight

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks
The girl kicks at fragile ground, her hooves breaking into the earth and sending it flying back against the dimming sky. She's been sulking in safety at the heart of the world since she saw the Veins fall, making her heart clench in fear as darkness overtook the shrines in a sudden explosion of spark and rain. She does not want to admit that she's scared, but frightened she is - for what if the darkness swallows her up? If it returns, spreads, invades and assaults her family, her home? She should go warn her herd of the things she has seen, but she fears the world as she hasn't before, fears venturing out from the warmth of the Heart. So she stays in its light for just a little while more, and gathers her courage, and waits.

Besides, night is falling, and the firechild dares not venture into its grasp. She has run far already, from the Veins to the Heart, run toward the sun and away from her fear. She is tired, and Natraj too; the Kitsnue lies on his sister's back, asleep for the moment, head tucked into tails. She can feel him shiver and knows that he dreams, dreams dark images of terror and an unstoppable storm. Shh, her mind whispers, It's going to be fine- but her thoughts lack conviction, and behind hot black eyes lies the quiver of youth. She wishes Mother was here, but Mother is not, just she and Natraj and the white pegasus in the sun-washed sky.

Tandavi watches her fall to the ground, an angel struck down by invisible blows- or so she thinks, though in truth she knows that the bird no doubt has control of her actions. Still, in light of recent trauma she cannot but feel her heart catch fast, anxious wonder blooming bright in the depthless eyes that follow the sky. Golden socks move almost unbidden, hooves leaving the ground at a smooth, careful walk; from her back the kitsune murmurs his protest, but the girl ignores him and carries on her way. The dove is ahead of her, and as she falls our dancer follows, braids shifting heavily on her long crimson neck. She wants to catch the falling star, to know if she knows where the dark came from, and if it is safe for her to venture out.

Ivory lands in a puff of stone, in front of the girl and at a run. Tandavi blinks, picks up her pace; Natraj now sits upon her haunches, grumpy and afraid, peering ahead through golden eyes. When the she deems herself near enough the dark voice speaks - "How do you fly?," asks the soft, wistful child. It is not what she wanted to say, to ask, to know, at least not at this moment - but it is all she can manage; her body grows still and her voice silent, and she peers at the mare through large, hopeful eyes. I would fly to the sun, and never come down.
Image Credits

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: sohtable.png]

SOHALIA

"How do you fly?"

I am met by the wistful voice of a child, and it surprises me enough that I whirl toward the sound, a hind leg coming to rest precariously close to the edge of the cliff on which I have landed. Swallowing hard and stepping to the side, I regard the girl with kind eyes. She is caramel, tipped in sugar, and everything about her exudes purity, though the way she spoke reminded me of my own lonely youth. Golden markings paint her legs and face and back, the color even weaving its way into her banner. "I don't know," I tell her truthfully, for though I know how it feels to fly, I don't know the mechanics. It's something that is intrinsic to my species - for me, flight is a given. I have never had to explain it before.

My mind starts to whir. "Of course, there has to be a why, doesn't there?" I muse softly. "I am a pegasus; pegasi fly. I flap my wings, and I rise; I spread my wings, and I glide; I fold my wings, and I fall. It is instinctual." I fall silent, my bi-colored gaze turning to gaze across the fires of the Heart. I am reminded of Rowan. She wanted to know everything. She was brilliant, and I wish I had her gift of memory. I wish I could help her memory live on. I had sought after her path, once, before I had become Forger, but the pursuit of knowledge for the sake of knowledge was not something I enjoyed. But the little fae's question stirred something in my mind, and I am struck not by the desire to learn, but the desire to teach - though of course that is said to be a reciprocal relationship.

"I am Sohalia," I offer suddenly. "Who are you?"

"talk talk talk"
@[Tandavi]

Live... I want to live on fire
Die... I want to burn out brighter
Brighter than the northern lights
Want to live to feel the daylight

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!