the Rift

[OPEN] Never Ending

Vulture Posts: 44
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15'2 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
[Image: 2nq65o0.png]

Vulture

He had the eye of a vulture –a pale blue eye, with a film over it. Whenever it fell upon me, my blood ran cold

I hear the final screams of my prey as I embed my horn into his flesh. My horn pulls out of the wound in his throat, and then the body collapses to the ground. A wicked snicker passes from my lips and I just take a moment to bask in the beauty of my work. Such a clean cut and stab across the throat, the rest of the corpse remained completely unscathed. This particular filth was a sinner, and traded his very being over to the Sin, both eyes were white as snow. They were still staring up at me and I feel wrath churning in my stomach, so I decide to take on an action I wouldn’t have dared do a mere season ago. I lower my head, and devour the eye. A sigh of sheer pleasure passes from my lips and I feel a shutter run down my spine. How can something so wicked taste so delightful? I lick the blood from my mouth and look down at the corpse. There is a pool of blood staining the sand around the wound, and it really is a waste because a nice sip of it would help my previous snack down.

Vulture, Nightingale’s tone is disappointed. Why would you stoop as low as devouring something from a kill? It’s disrespectful of the dead. I snort and throw my head back and laugh. “Filth like him doesn’t deserve respect Nightingale,” I say coolly. “Let alone have any respect of a mere body. Besides, his eye would’ve been scraps for the seagulls later on.” Nightingale tries so hard to pull me away from the killing spree I’ve begun, and maybe he tries to see something good in me. He means well, but in the end I know our definition of what is right is very different. To me, these sinners have to die. They sold their soul, thus forfeited their lives to me.

I could go into the water and wash myself off, but I am in no mood to get an ass-whooping by some waves just to wash off a bit of blood. One should wear their kills with pride… With that another thought hits me. I walk back over to my previous kill and gaze at the wings at his side. Promptly I begin to rip out mouthful after mouthful of feathers, and then shove them into my tail. After awhile I know they’ll fall out but it adds a bit of flair to my short and thin tail. The black of them holds a great contrast in my white tail, it really does look lovely. I begin to walk along the shoreline, unsure of what my next plan is, I never seem to know nowadays.

"blah blah blah."

[Open to anyone and everyone]

and so by degrees – very gradually –I made up my mind to take the life of the old man, and thus rid myself of the eye forever.

Image Credit
|Elufunt-stock|sophie-y|secondclaw| @ deviantart.com
[Image: 2yo7n0m.png]
I'm friends with the monster that's under my bed
Get along with the voices inside of my head

Tangere Posts: 159
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: Six Years | Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Phrixus :: White Raven :: None Psilo
She is coming down the rocky slope when she spots a lone figure far off, she watches him, pausing her footsteps and letting her still body meld into the landscape (not magically, figuratively). She breaths quietly and far apart while she watches him hover over a bloody lump, sticking his horn into it and then emerging into the cold waves to wash away the blood. She cannot be sure of what she sees because of the distance, but morbid curiosity draws her cautiously down the hillside. She moves with painful ease, like a cat on high alert. Her eyes are opened wide and her ears picking every signal from the atmosphere around her. She finds a shadowy nook to watch him and by now he’s ripping mouthfuls of from the body and stuffing them in his tail – she isn’t horrified, only intrigued, something that slightly alarms her little bit, deep inside. It appears to be feathers. She quirks her face with puzzlement at this strange and probably dangerous unicorns’ behavior, but it doesn’t stop her from launching into a lope down the ledgeside to catch up with him as he walks down the beach.

She is young and inquisitive – perhaps too much of both to be truly on her own, but it’s been like that forever now and she cannot help but push any limits anyone may want to give her. She finds the whole thing so stimulating and she must know more.

Why in the hell is he acting like that? Who is he? … Is he scary…?, she lets her mind spin itself into a small tizzy. It happens all the time, meanwhile she still looks as if she might even be dimwitted; being of few words and giving strange looks all the time. She can actually be a chatter-box when she is not bored, offended, intimidated or anxious – basically never. But hey. Sometimes.

Hey,” She talks through a shallow breath, purring along as she slows to a trot and then matches whatever pace he’s making across the vast wet sands. “What was that all about?” She doesn’t really look at his face, only stealing quick glimpses as she moves along beside him. She is rather unshy with her questioning; figuring if he’s a psycho-face then being polite won’t really help either so why not die with some answers…right?

CARS CAREENING FROM THE CLOUDS
BRIDGES BURST AND TWIST AROUND..
AND WANTING SOMETHING WARM AND MOVING

• You may use violence and magic against her at will, but no death.
  • Please tag me so I don't forget anyone(:

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.

I have not wondered here before, and all I can do is simply wonder about all the majestic beings that have crossed this sand. My now large muslces ripple with every step; my dainty clefts are now collecting the sand, making it harder to walk. With a frustrated snort, I throw my dome back, and rise into a small rear, attempting to shake the grains from my glorious shoes. It works, and I am sand free for now.

My curly locks drag in the sand, collecting it also. I try hard not to look back at my mess of a tail, although it is bothering me greatly. Since I have returned, you could say things haven't really gone in my favour. But it's only been a day, so I musn't make judgements so quickly. With a huff and a puff, I come to a halt. Using the guidence of Diatrec's spirit, I curl my neck and reach for my long curly tail. It takes awhile, and a lot of messing up, but I braid my curls into a messy fishtail. Not perfect, but it's alright. I've become very artsy in my time alone, able to create things with my muzzle and teeth, a careful hobby, one that requires plenty of time, but it does bring me joy. 

After finishing the braid, I stare to my right, where a line of dense wood and sea-born things washed up. With a sigh of satisfaction, I start to walk over to the woods that are bathed in orange moonlight, when I spot something. A glimmer of life on this ever so lonely beach. By the waves it seems there is another being. I chose to ignore the thing for a quick moment, so I can find something that will tie up my locks. I trot slowly towards the woods, skimming the ground with my keen eyes. My needs are soon satisfied when I find a thick blade of grass. Curling my neck once again, I nip at my tail until I have a firm hold. And with careful and skilled kissers I tie the grass around the end of my tail, a few short strands sticking out. I quickly let go of my hair, letting it flop back against my hocks, relieved that it will no longer be ruined. 

My clever mind immediately switches back to the being I spotted, and I quickly decide to fed my wonders. With careful steps, and the shadowy figures of my parents by my side, I cautiously make my way toward the movement. I close in on whoever it is that is standing about 8 horse lengths from me, using the darkness to my advantage, I slip in with the shadows and place myself behind a few thick tree trunks. Slowly I raise my nose to the wind, encouraging the scents to reach my nostrils and to inform me of what is going on. What reaches my scent glands is quite shocking, blood, and the sense of an evil presence. I hear Diatrec whisper to me, only audible to me, 

" Harmony, be careful, what's ahead isn't something that's expected, nor something good. Be cautious. "  

I only nod, my mind absent. The sense of bloodthrist is familiar, and I begin to sense the feeling being sparked in my own heart. I stumble backward with a loud snort, I have never expected to feel this way again. I gulp, trying to hide what I just felt. I glance to my sides, the two figures that usually flank me have turned to mist. I sigh, jogging forward. 

When I near the being, I observe that the being is a brute that has a cape of night and a mane and tail that seem to be touched by snow. A horn on is dome, like most. By his forefeet is a carcass, blood staining the sand. I try not to pay much attention to this. Clearing my throat, I state my presence. 

" Hello? "

{ Sorry psilo! I had typed up this post before I saw you posted here. I'll be sure to include Tangere in the next post!}
@[Vulture]

h a r m o n y

Image Credits 

Beautiful table by Clo <3
fear what you don't know

permission granted to use magic on her, with the exception of killing her

Vulture Posts: 44
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15'2 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
[Image: 2nq65o0.png]

Vulture

He had the eye of a vulture –a pale blue eye, with a film over it. Whenever it fell upon me, my blood ran cold

Not one, no two mares come over toward me. The first one walks in step with me, while the other comes out from the woods. Part of me just wants to ignore them and keep walking, and just go on my way. Don’t be rude Beloved, speak to the lovelies, Kestrel says softly. Yeah, it never hurts to be social Vulture. Nightingale speaks this time. God, those two can be so incredibly annoying. First I look over at the other unicorn. “I killed him and then ate his eyeball, that’s what it was about. Save your breath, I don’t need the morality lecture on how killing is wrong… I’ve already gotten that more than enough.”

Then I look over at the other mare. “Hi.” I say flatly. Why do the residents of Helovia spark up conversation with everyone that crosses their path? Can’t I just walk down the beach by myself? Or is solitude too much to ask in the land of the extroverts? Nonetheless, I’ll amuse these mares for a short while… Maybe I can get some fun out of these two. Bring a nice little gift to Seele and Eris. Though I had done what Eris asked by dragging her off to that meeting... Half of what was said there went in one ear and out the other. Half of the reason I have literally no desire whatsoever for power is the politics that come with it. If you stay the flunky you just have to do what you’re told and then everything else is fine.

“Is there any particular reason you two decided to choose me for a conversation?” I ask sounding bored. “I feel like instigating conversation with someone that just killed a stallion would drive off people interested in conversation. For all you know, I might want to kill you.” Now, of course I don’t. I don’t want to kill every moron that walks into my path. There is a certain mood I have to be in when I go in for the kill, and luckily I am no longer in that mood, so these two lucked out. This doesn’t mean I want to stand around and explain my reasoning for why I do things. I had my time of raving and shouting about the Sinners, but I’ve learned the hard way there is no point in that anymore, I am turning into a silent predator. Let the others believe me no better than a savage killer, but fools will never know of my quest.

"blah blah blah."

and so by degrees – very gradually –I made up my mind to take the life of the old man, and thus rid myself of the eye forever.

Image Credit
|Elufunt-stock|sophie-y|secondclaw| @ deviantart.com
[Image: 2yo7n0m.png]
I'm friends with the monster that's under my bed
Get along with the voices inside of my head

Tangere Posts: 159
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: Six Years | Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Phrixus :: White Raven :: None Psilo
She grumbles and curls her lip, her eyelids dropping with disappointment with his answer. She smack her lips, scoffing and slipping her ears backward. “That’s dumb.” Her head shakes, “And I’m not going to give you some morality anything, asshole, I was just curious.” She would have continued on but a mare approaches out of nowhere and seemingly lets her ‘hello’ float on the breeze. The stallion seems even furtherly displeased. Tangere cannot help but laugh as she sucks in a deep breath, the chuckle chiming from deep in her chest.

His suffering has become quite an entertaining experience.

She waits silently while he goes through whatever anti-social fit he’s having and then soon after he comes back with some melodrama blah blah. Tangere laughs again, peering at him rather innocently – or fake innocence, rather. “You won’t kill me, boy.” She snorts through her nostrils, blowing the warm air from her lungs toward his face. The chilly ocean air crisping her breath into plumes of white smoke, allowing them to splash onto whichever surface they find before they dissolve. “Stop being a grump-ass.” She spins off and bucks around on the soft surface, galloping for a short second and then slowing to join whatever pace they’re moving at again.

Well my name’s Tangere.” She throws her legs back again, tearing at the soft, fleshy beach sand. She’s got heavier breathing now, not heaving, but deeper. “If anyone cares.” She makes a sort of ‘pfft’ sound and simply jogs alongside the awkward stallion.

CARS CAREENING FROM THE CLOUDS
BRIDGES BURST AND TWIST AROUND..
AND WANTING SOMETHING WARM AND MOVING

• You may use violence and magic against her at will, but no death.
  • Please tag me so I don't forget anyone(: