the Rift

I'VE GOT A WAYS TO GO

Comanche Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The steed looked at the forest that stood in front of him, his head tilted to the side. He decided he wouldn't go in just yet, as he might need a lucky charm. But chances were fatal. Comanche turned back to the river that was clear as a crystal. He gazed down to the bottom where silver clay laid. His cleft reached out into the water and his body shivered from the icy cold, but he continued to paw at the bottom of the river, the clay reaching out of the water. Comanche smiled and started to round a circle out of the wet figure. He took a sharp stick out of his leather bag, which he had crafted a while back. He looked up to see a leaf fall from a tree and smiled. He closed his eyes and traced down what he had seen. When he opened his eye lids, he saw a perfect leaf carved into the clay. He curved a circle into the top of the clay figure. Comanche reached in to his bag, pulling out some white string which he had made from dead weeds and dipped into white clay. The stud made a large circle from the string and then connected the two ends with the silver clay.

He looked over to a stone not far from where he stood now. Comanche picked up the necklace gently picked up the necklace and walked over to the rock. He laid it down and smiled. The steed yawned, then laid himself down beside the rock. He glanced at the forest and sighed, closing his orbs. Comanche laid his head down softly and fell asleep.
--- THREE HOURS LATER ---
The stud lifted his dome and glanced around, then narrowed his eyes as he looked to the blistering sun. He nudged the necklace, making sure it was dry before putting on. It was well dry so the male slipped it over his head. He stood up, shaking the loose dust from his thick coat. Comanche faced the forest and smiled as he walked a few steps. He stopped at the border before noticing he had left his bag at the rock. He ran back, picked it up in his teeth before running back to the forest border. Comanche walked across the border, glancing around at his surroundings. He nickered, hoping for some company after not having anyone since the accident.

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

On dainty hooves and long pillars, the special girl travels slowly toward the Threshold. This region is her favorite; here, she finds passion in greeting newcomers and making some friends. Bored of wandering, she hopes to find someone new on this chilly night. All around her the trees and bushes dance with the wind that runs through them. The ground is heavy with warm colored leaves, cloaked in an eerie orange light. Leaves flutter in the wind all around her, causing a beautiful scene. Her sorrel and white locks flow with the breeze, her long tail tangling around her hocks and her forelock shielding her pools. With a frustrated snort, she whips her head back, eager to rid of the long hairs that obstruct her vision. With every step Abishia takes, her small hooves sink into the moist soil, dirtying them quickly.

On each side of the fae are ghostly figures; ones only visible and audible to the small girl. They comfort her and speak to her, guiding her choices and wear she walks. Among them is her Antie, or known as others, Antheia. Antie speaks to her the most, becoming more and more bonded with the filly each and every day. It is soon that Abishia and Antheia will no longer be two souls; they will be one. Bonding by a mysterious love and an unexpected suicide, Abishia's fate and destiny have been decided by hooves scraping on a cliff-face; the sounds of screams and sobbing. Not a glorious moment, but for the souls, something special happened. The figures glow with an eerie light, which now comforts Abishia, giving her a sense of safety, even though she knows that the souls coulod not do a single thing to protect her.

Antie draws forward, leading her deep into the dense wood of the Thresh. They walk along a narrow path. On each side thick trunk-ed trees stretch up to the heavens. At their bases grows multiple bushes and grasses. The grass is slowly turning a deep brown, wilting, and soon to be covered in dead leaves, and then further on, pearly white snow. Abishia notices the little things, her gaze switching easily from side to side so her blue rimmed pools can take in all the sights. The filly enjoys the little things; the occasional flower, honeysuckle, even a small ladybug or butterfly fluttering about. Small treasures bring a smile to her kissers, and cause her heart to warm with joy.

She walks on, still being led by the translucent figure. On Antie's rump sits her red cardinal, the one with the same eerie glow as Antie. A dead being, but a live soul. The bird chirps happily, preening itself. A red feather falls behind, and Abishia is quick to catch it with her kissers. Somehow, the feathers that shed from the soul are real and visible to others. Quickly, she comes to a halt, curling her neck to add the feather to the collection of crimson colored feathers that are weaved in her locks. With a smile she turns back forward, having to jog to keep up with Anite. But when Abi nears Antie, the black and white painted ghost flicks her harks; a signal for the filly and the other figures to stop. Noticing Antie's sudden alarm, Abishia's harks fly into an erect position, taking notice of the rustling somewhere ahead.

Soon, a brute walks into the scene, and Antie steps backward, taking her place behind Abishia. The girl can't help but smile, noticing how easy it was to find someone new. Taking a step forward, (now about 3 horse lengths from the steed) she clears her throat, announcing her presence to the Stallion. Eagerly, she speaks up.

"Greetings. Your a newcomer, hmm? Well, welcome to the great land of Helovia. I have come to help you, and possibly offer you a home, if you are willing to take up my offer, sir. "

@[Comanche]

Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Unregistered
Comanche curiosity took over him, making the steed shudder with excitement. He started to trot, throwing his dome high into the air like he did when he was a foolish colt. But he had been taught other ways, better ways, than what he had been before. He was now the stallion that Dasan would want him to be, just maybe not at this moment. For his excitement was over powering him and he felt as if he was going to burst. His antlers flew from side to side as he threw his dome around. Comanche giggled as if he was a colt again, for he had never felt so free in so many years! The stag looked before him, narrowed his gaze at a small creek, and pawed with power against the Earth's surface. He fled from his position, dust flying up behind him, putting all his weight and power into his stride. Just when he was about to fly into the air, a foolish little filly jumped out in front of him. Comanche slid to a stop and squinted at the young yearling. He snorted, steam rolling from his nostrils and into the foal's face. The steed backed up and glared at the filly with a smirk. ”If you were smart, you wouldn't pop out of no where like that ever again, you can get killed easily, fragile.” He smeared and then walked past her, flicking his tail.

His orbs glanced around at the tops of the trees as the sun peeked through the small gabs in between the branches. Comanche smiled and then dropped his head to looked down at the river. His bag hung from antlers now, where he had thrown the bag from his teeth while fooling around before the foal came into view. The necklace had swung itself around to where it was now closer to his head and was hanging down underneath his chin. The steed smirked and backed up two large steps before finally cantering towards the river and jumping the shivering waters that rushed below him. He landed and threw his head up in the air towards the young filly. ”Try it, I'll save you if you slip. I'm not that cruel.” He bobbed his head and smiled, showing off his glamorous looks.

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.

The Threshold is calling me, longing to hear my welcoming voice and feel my dainty hooves pund on its ground. It wants me to come and welcome newcomers. Now that I am home, I will be back to my duties. The ones I perform without even needing to. The ones I decide to do out of the kindness in my heart. 

A breeze disrupts the once silent and still night. A large moon casts an orange light over all of Helovia, lighting up the occasional moonflower. A glorious night it is, leaves falling around me, the slight wind carrassing my long sorrel and white locks and causing them to dance in a series of tangles and whips. My forelock tends to sheild my orbs, and wrap around my small harks. Every once and awhile I just flick my dome to one side, and my forelock will reside and slip to the way in which I flicked my cranium, but before I know it, there it is again, causing me much frustration. Behind me, my tail drags back several feet, collecting dirt and leaves at the end. My legs work to keep up my muscular frame. Muscles bulge from my shoulders and my back and rump are rimmed with defined muscles also. Although, I still manage to keep a dainty, but beautiful look.

I walk through the forest, large trees stretch up to touch the skies, and small bushes below them envy their tallness. Grass sheds a tear, knowing that soon it will be dead. The forest is turning a deep brown, the trees almost bare and the grass turning a light brown. With every gust of wind, the trees creak and sway, performing a awkward ballet for all to view. The bushes shudder, and the grass weakly shivers. The path before me is quite wide, and clear for that matter. Of course there is the occasion rotting log and root, but these are easily avoided. I know that ahead is a river that will soon freeze.

As I walk, I become alert, swiveling My ears so they can pick up any noise. And they do, the sound of hoofbeats and some voices. I come to a halt, relizing that who ever is producing the noise is quite close. I listen harder, trying to identify who or what it is. A few moments reveal that is a Stallion and a Mare. The girl's voice is distant; although familiar. Curiosity ebbs at me, and pulls me in the direction of them. I walk slowly toward the source of the sound, and I soon come up on the river. I listen again, identifying that the voices are coming from the left. I turn my head, looking down the river. There I spot a large Stallion with antlers upon his dome and a leather sack around his shoulders. Around his neck is what seems to be a necklace. I walk toward him, right on the bank. I am careful not to slip into the chilly waters that could become the death of me. But, I do flick my tail so that it drags in the shallows of the clear river, hoping the current will carry away the leaves and dirt that have become entwined with it. 

I am about 10 feet from him when I call out, a soft nicker that is carried on the breeze. He had been talking to someone, probably the female that I heard, but I do not spot the mare. She must be around somewhere. 

" Hello. I'm Harmony, pleased to meet you. "

A scent overtakes me before I can continue what I was about to say. With a gasp I realize, slowly turning my head to look on the other side of the river. The girl... She isn't just any girl, that's my girl. Abishia! My beautiful painted daughter. I gasp again, my girl. My girl. 

" ABISHIA! "  

h a r m o n y

Image Credits 

Beautiful table by Clo <3
fear what you don't know

permission granted to use magic on her, with the exception of killing her

Hidden Account
Wild.

The girl doesn't appreciate rudeness. She doesn't like ones that are so quick to judge and so quick to be cruel. 

With a snort, she tries her best to compose herself, and be pleasant to the newcomer that's well... Not so pleasant. Stamping a small hoof, she ignores what he says and simply stares at the river, watching as fish swim up stream. Slowly, Abishia raises her gaze so it meets his. Narrowing her pools, she sighs. He wants her to jump, but can she trust him? No. He is just a newcomer, he could take the girls life at any moment with those sharp antlers and his risky 'tude. 

" Why would I - " 

The filly is interrupted by a nicker, and soon the apperance of a mare. Too busy staring at the shimmering fish, the filly doesn't notice that the fae that has appeared is none but her mother. Until the mare's greeting she doesn't notice, but once Abi hears that soft voice, she jerks her dome upward. 

" ABISHIA! "  

Tears start to welt in the filly's pools ( haha, ironic right?) Causing wet streaks to appear on her defined cheeks. She shakes her head from side to side, not believing what she is seeing. She has missed her mother so much it had hurt, but now she has returned. But for how long? Will she leave again soon? Can Abishia trust her? The filly looks to her side, doubt plaguing her mind. Here, she knows she will find the figure of Antheia. The translucent figure is smiling, Antie's eyes are bright with joy. The soul turns its head slowly, reaching out her muzzle to touch Abishia's. The girl accepts the gesture, reaching with hers also, and when they meet, a series of mist and particles flies up. Antie smiles wide before whispering.

" Have no worries. "  

Abi offered a giggle and a small nod, before reminding herself that the others must be watching her in puzzlement. Shaking herself, Abishia took a few steps forward, now coming very close to the rocky shoreline. 

" M-mother! How I have missed you. " 

She struggles to utter, her voice choaked with happiness, tears of joy running down her cheeks. She looks to the stallion, giggling as she did so, forgetting his rude actions in the drop of a hat. She jumps up with joy, kicking out her back pillars. 

" I'll be across in a jiffy! "

Before anyone can protest, she whips around, turning away from the river. She takes a few quick strides, her sorrel tail decarated with crimson red feathers. After about 5 strides, she turns back around, so she is facing the water. She launches forward, her long legs aiding her in a fast, swift canter. When she is about two feet from the edge, she braces herself to leap. 

Her attempt is cut short by a tree root. She trips, her lanky pillars flailing. She falls clumsily with a screech, and her lean bodice hits the surface of the water with a thump, her dome smashing against a rock on her way down. 

She is unconscious, and drowning, sinking....

Credits

lines

Unregistered
His dome tilted to the side and then he smirked, knowing she wouldn't dare trust a stranger that she had just met by any means. But on the other hand, she was only a foal, and he could relate as of how their little minds worked. Comanche tossed his head and turned to walk away. He took about seven steps before another shrill voice came into hearing. His body turned angle quickly, his head shot up, and his harks perked forward with full alarm. ”ABISHIA!” He was hoping that the Indians had not come to send him to his death wish, but he knew of no one named as an 'Abishia'. When he looked to the filly, she was half drowned in tears. Now he could understand that the voice was none from an Indian, but came from the filly's mother.

The painted mare stepped into view only a view lengths in front of Abishia. The young foal turned her head away though, to reach out and touch a figure that was not there. This spooked Comanche, and his questions weaved their way into his confused head. Can she speak to the spirits? He asked himself, thinking it must be crazy. But the colt had heard many stories from Dasan, and this was one of them. Comanche had been told that their was one horse every few years, if they got lucky, that could talk to the dead, called spirits. Maybe Abishia was one of them, but he could not tell since he could not see them himself.

Thinking now that the filly's mother was now here, Abishia would no longer want to cross the creek. Comanche turned himself around, but then was disturbed when the filly's high-pitched voice rang throughout the forest. ”I'll be across in a jiffy!” The stag smirked and swung his rear back around, facing the filly directly as she lined up with the river. The stud shuddered when she began to run towards the chilly waters, getting closer and closer to the giant root that stood in her way. His hind legs pushed forward as hard as they could as she got closer. ”No! Stop!” His deep throat echoed, but it was too late, she began to tumble and soon she disappeared underneath the dirty waters. His lip quivered but her pushed on, taking a sharp turn, almost falling in the water himself. He raced the waters, staying a few feet ahead of Abishia's body.

He jumped with all his might, landing clear in front of the filly's cold body. He felt it thump against his legs and he could feel her wet hair. Thinking she was already gone, he about left her but then he felt the beating of her little heart and lifted her gently out of the water. Comanche softly placed her on the side of the bank and stepped out of the water, not even shaking dry before he looked over Abishia's body. His soft muzzle nudge her, hoping she would awake. The stag looked at her mother and nodded. He lowered his antlers to the side and let his drenched leather bag fall to the ground. Then he once again dipped his head and let the clay necklace fall beside the filly's unconscious body.

Comanche looked to his bag and shook his head but applied it back to his antlers. It will dry. He raised his head and looked at the mare. ”The necklace, is for Abishia. Please, do tell her I am sorry. And my apologies to you too, miss.” He dipped his dome and jumped the creek again. He looked back once more before taking off and disappearing into the brush.

Deceased
Wild.

My happiness in seeing my child blinds me, I just nod, forgetting the danger of her actions. I watch my child run for the shore, and trip. Only then do I lurch forward with a scream of alarm. How could I have let this happen to my precious child? She's mine, I'm supposed to protect her. But no, I've let her fall limply to the water. 

I race forward to jump into the water, tears already soaking my cheeks. I had almost forgotten that the horned Stallion was there before I'm reminded. His body lurches past me, and into the water. I watch terrified as my daughter's limp body starts to sink into the darkness. Pains grip my stomach, the ground beneath me seeming to spin. I'm becoming sick with myself. How could I have let this happen. How could I have ignored the fact that Abishia is just a filly, she couldn't have jumped that river if she tried her hardest. I lower my cranium in defeat, simply waiting to say goodbye to my daughter. 

But no, Diatrec nudges me, urging me to open my eyes to the situation. So I do, and I am surprised by the scenario. Abishia is now on land, laying next to me, at my feet. Before me, the Stallion speaks, dropping a necklace beside Abi. I look to him in puzzlement. Why such a beautiful token to Abishia, when really I should be thanking him with everything I have. 

I take a step forward, not caring what the Stallion had to say. I'm too stunned by his actions that I simply watch him walk away with wonder. Training my icy orbs back on my girl, I sigh. It all happened so fast. She had almost died before my eyes, and I didn't do anything, but the strange Stallion did. Why? Why was everything so confusing? I lower to my knees, laying down next to Abi. I nudge her curtly on her shoulder, urging her to wake. 

It's a crazy thing. How fast everything has happened. How life is passing me in a blink of an eye. Do others feel as if things are flying by to fast; becoming a blur? Do they wonder why it can't just slow down and let them enjoy it? Do they wonder why they can't act fast enough, say the right things, be what they want to be? 

Are there others out there that struggle simply with the fact of life? 

h a r m o n y

Image Credits 

Beautiful table by Clo <3
fear what you don't know

Deceased
Wild.
The thread can just end here with Abi, Clo
fear what you don't know

Hidden Account
Wild.

Darkness envelopes the girl, and coat of cold covers her. She can feel her body hit the water, her soul trapped inside the paralyzed body. She tries to save herself, but her body does not let her, she's helpless. After this, all feeling is gone, as well as her. 

It feels as if it has been years when she starts a coughing fit, now on the shore, her mother laying next to her, worrying up a storm. The small girl's bodice convulses in a serious of sighs and coughs. She groans at the pain in her head, pools starting to flutter open. Before her, she spots a clay ... What is that? A token? A gift? Her excitment lifts her from the weights of drowsyness, she jumps up in excitment. 

" What is this? Is it for me. Oh my goodness. It was him wasn't it? What a kind soul. "  

Carefully, she picks up the necklace in her kissers, turning to Harmony, seeing the tears running down her cheeks. Something overtakes her, and she shivers. An odd feeling seems to push her away, and force her to take a step forward. The words she speaks aren't from her, but from Antheia. Her voice seems to change, and the look in her pools displays sorrow. 

" Have no worries. "  

And with that, Abishia flicked her head, slipping on the necklace and taking off into the woods. With her every stride the fragile clay circle bumped against her lean muscled chest. Now that Harmony was back, her MeMe, she would see her again. The Threshold wasn't a place for a great reunion, so the girl and MeMe must wait to have another grateful meeting until their paths crossed again. She didn't need her MeMe, but she still loved her, and will be by her side. Just not now.

Credits

lines