the Rift

[OPEN] we'll be counting stars [continued]

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
@[Kahlua] we can end this soon but I wanted to end it properly rather than letting it die. <3
NOTE: This is a continuation of a thread that I accidentally did not reply to quickly enough and it wound up getting archived. Please see the original thread HERE.

The caution within her easily and readily dissipated. Within moments the mare was standing in the doorway, her body nearer to his own. In such a short period of time the air around them had lightened considerably. No more tension. No more awkwardness or caution. Just a pleasant meeting of two rather friendly strangers. Miykael's smile grew, endlessly pleased that she didn't turn from him in fear. It wasn't that long ago, after all, that his mere presence terrified others - even Alysanne had feared him when she found out what he was. Leaving Nocturne had changed him; he was a demon no longer and thus such old fears were pointless - a waste of energy.

Here, in Helovia, he is harmless. For that alone, he was grateful.

When she speaks, he breathes a sigh of relief. "Oh, good!" It would have, after all, taken a long time for him to forgive himself had he disrupted the peace of his new home or cause anyone to have heart palpitations or... worse yet, a heart attack. He hadn't really thought of how his call would be interpreted or how they would react. Everything that he had witnessed thus far had been so peaceful that the thought that there might be any tension or reason for caution had never even come close to entering his mind - hadn't even floated near it, in fact. In reality, Miykael knew enough of strife and enough of the flaws of living beings that he should have known that this wasn't the absurdly peaceful land he had written it off to be. There would always be fighting, always.

Her bright smile caught his attention almost immediately. Her joy, apparent upon his declaration that he was a new recruit, was boundless. It reminded him of Alysanne. The purity, the sweetness, the childlike excitement over something so simple and ordinary as meeting someone new - all matched his memories of Alysanne. In a way, it pulled him to her - not as a lover but as a friend. Miykael felt compelled to protect Kahlua the same way he has and always will protect Alysanne. He felt compelled to keep her safe and shield her from any and all harm. "Oh! There is nothing to forgive." She was only doing her job as a member of the Edge, after all - how could he possibly blame her? Without hesitation the Pegasus moves forward to step through the opening in the wall. Miykael stops near her, though not so close as to plant the seeds of discomfort. His goal is to make friends, after all, not creep out everyone he meets. "I did!" he exclaims joyously. "It reminds me so much of where I was born - especially the fields."

Miykael cannot help but to close his eyes and reminisce - feeling the golden warmth of the sun upon his face and the golden field grasses tickling his legs, little else existed there aside from the peaceful twittering birds and the friendly chatter of the herd. Exhaling softly, the memories fade away and dissipate into darkness. His memories of that time are few and far between anymore, so much has been forgotten. He turns his gaze back to Kahlua then and with a gentle curiosity, he speaks. "Are there many dangers here?" The wall would suggest as much though it was certainly controversial to his experiences thus far.
Miykael
Image Credit
table by the lovely Sevin <3
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

With his step through the glass wall, Kahlua hummed softly and looked around her. Most of the trees were green still, the autumn air having little to no effect on the evergreens of the Edge, but dotted here and there, a few of them turn brilliant red or orange, yellow or purple hues. The rainbow of colors all around is enough to bring joy to weary traveler or a lonely woman wandering in the dark. Even he moonlight cannot hide the rich tapestry that is spread out before them, each vibrant color cutting through the darkness. It was no wonder she loved the place. It was beautiful. And their goal of peace... It finalized everything in the mare's mind and she knew without hesitation that this was where she belonged. Always.

The fields. Kahlua knew them well and for a moment, her face twisted up in a lay of confusing emotions. Her very first experience there had been marred, a monstrous stallion that had attacked her for (in her eyes) no reason at all. And she had come home mangled, bloody, just a wreck of a woman. But then there were good things too. She had found the moon amulet she wears around her neck there, she had found her friend Apodis there after a long separation, and other such adventures up the mountain side. In the end, did the good outweigh the bad? Kahlua still hadn't decided, so in the end she just agreed. “Oh yes, it's very pretty!”

Of course, it seems that all newcomers want to know about whats terrible in the land. A fascination with the morbid, or perhaps just a good sense of security and danger. Kahlua hadn't really asked about anything she should be watching out for. No, she had marched into the Edge with a look of determination, proclaiming that she would become craftswoman. She hadn't known what she had been asking then, hadn't understood what she was getting herself into, but she knew that she was determined to rise up in the ranks. And rise up she had, though perhaps more because she demanded attention than because she was useful, at first.

Regardless, the woman-child was happy enough to chatter on about any sort of nonsense, and so she chattered on. “Well, there are racist unicorns to the North... they invaded us, so we built a wall, but not all the unicorns are bad.” She was trying her hardest to remember Kaj's lesson. Not all unicorns are bad. She was not racist. She would not let herself be racist. “And the Gods try to protect us from evil, but I think sometimes they are overwhelemed...” She trailed off for a minute, unsure if she should tell him, but in the end she decided to just go for it. “For months, Helovia was completely dark and the sun never rose. And there were monsters. I saw one.” I tried to attack one and just ended up hurting myself. “But I think that's all behind us now...” She hoped so. She wasn't sure she could stand another expanse of time like the first one.

“Mostly, it's safe. The Dragon's Throat to the south are our allies.” She added at the end, a sort of message that there was still good on the earth.

OOC| Fine by me :) I hope the baby gives you a break and you get to feel normal for a little while <3

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post