the Rift

The fifth crown

October Posts: 40
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hh :: 6.5 years
Blu

I decide we should push back North. I decided this in a time when I retained clarity, which is more and more often now that a child weaves between my knees, his spine tickling my belly and his mouth caressing and tugging at my teats. It is a joy born of being needed and wanted that settles deep in my heart and corrodes the misery that has resided there for so long. I don't blame my father of course, not my king, my god. I blame myself, for not having sex earlier than this.

Back to the icy wilderness though, that is where we belong, that is where our kingdom rests. The south has good grazing, certainly, but there are too many living things to deal with. Every day I would find Öde romping around with someone new, someone unapproved. I need to isolate him again, instruct my dark prince on the tales of the DemonKing and the throne he is due to ascend. He has no time for playing, I never did.

We press beyond the birthplace of Öde and climb further, to where I remember the horned bay that lent me his sperm to be.
I grin as the tundra swirls around us, the cold wind nipping into my skin, crawling between the marrow of my bones. It makes me feel at home.

This is where we belong, hell. A frozen wasteland overrun with desolation and despair, elegant in its pale, deadly beauty and simplicity. Fire and brimstone are the stuff of life, but here, ice and stone and frost, this is where my god dwells.

@[Belial]
Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Öde Posts: 145
Aurora Basin Disciple atk: 5 | def: 10 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: 4.5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Blu

SLEEP GO BACK TO SLEEP SLEEP GO BACK TO SLEEP
GO BACK TO SLEEP
SLEEP SLEEP GO BACK TO SLEEP GO BACK TO SLEEP SLEEP

They move through the tundra with familiarity. Though a young colt still, his horn still a bump in his forehead and his beard lacking even a single whisker, Öde is acquainted with this harsh environment, and it is surely the most familiar thing he knows besides the shadow of his dam. She greets the north like an old friend and Öde is left to wonder why.

The region is familiar, but he is not sure it is his favorite. They have explored so little that his decisions remain supple and easily molded. Everywhere he's been he's liked for one reason or another, and just as same has disliked for just as many reasons. Which reminds him, the snow earns credit for being the only place he was born in and the only place he's visited numerous times, as of yet. He supposes it should get some credit for making his dam so happy to. He likes her happy, she's more apt to share stories of his inevitable greatness then, otherwise she hisses about his downfall for all his foolish decisions, like making friends.

Either way, logically it seemed Öde did like this place the most. He wasn't sure how he felt about the conclusion of that thought process, but soon enough forgot it at the sound of his mother's carefree laughter. He glanced excitedly up at her, a grin plastering on his face as well, inexplicably even. He'd been frustrated just a moment before... but mothers have a way of manipulating your emotions and laughter especially infects you, thankfully without any boils or rashes.

Whinnying joyously Öde kicked out, tearing up the snow around October as he reveled in the crisp autumn air and the soft, wet kiss of ice against his legs. Nowhere else was like this.

Snow was best he decided.

Ö_D_E

Resurgere.deviantart.com & PochoAchondria.deviantart.com

Magic or force permitted any time, including death - no decapitating.
Be aware active magic doesn't work in his vicinity due to his magic!

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode

October Posts: 40
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hh :: 6.5 years
Blu

[October escapes, Ode gets consumed :3 (that's my goal anyway haha)]

I notice it only after we've been home for a while. It begins as a feeling that settles like an unrest in my bones, urging me to run run run when I've already walked walked walked so far to get here. I shake it off, but my son feels it too, butting against my legs for comfort. I draw him in close, trying to protect, to reassure, but I know not from what but cold. Surely it's the cold doing this?

Strung tight as a deer with my ears erect and head as high as it will go we march through the snow, nibbling at what is to be found. We never think to look up, at least not until the moon begins to flicker, light a light bulb going out. I've never seen such a thing before, although I suppose I'm not particularly old and definitely not wise. I would find it beautiful any other time, but against the tide of unease wells in me so strong I shy at nothing, not even a shadow on the ground or a bird in the tree. It's discerning because I am the one that causes unease in most scenarios - I've only felt this way in the shade of my DemonKing, and he's long been underground.

My son bleats at my side, startling even worse than I. Our hearts hammer until we can't take it any more. In an explosion of frost we're running hard. Our hooves tear the icy kingdom we once called ours asunder, tails flagging behind us and eyes wide with a nameless fight. We gallop headlong into the night, moving only in some assumption of south.

My son falls behind me. His legs are too short, his stamina too low. I notice and I urge him on, but I do not slow.

I do not slow.
He falls behind.

Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.