the Rift

Cold Soul

Valhalia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The lass strode confidently strode through the thick forest, with her head held high up in the air. Wearing a smug smile she thought who would she find today? Someone else to mess with or someone that could give her information? Flipping her long, luscious black mane out of her face, the arrogant lass viewed the endless woods. Wretched trees. Nothing like the endless snow that she preferred and the flat plains to see enemies from afar. Not to be the horse being stalked in the dense foliage. Valhalia liked to think of herself as the queen, or more so the predator, the wolf chasing down her prey in the barren tundra.

Shutting her wicked orbs, still smiling her twisted smile, she dodged the trees at a moderate canter. Two gray orbs opened and scanned the place, that was chilling quickly. Winter is coming quickly, the demented femme thought in her ice cold mind. The Orangemoon wind hit her harshly, petite body slightly wavering with its shove forcing itself against her. Valhalia knew she would do anything to get out of this despicable place. Avoiding growing nerves, her mind started to wander on the subject of others living in these foreign lands. Surely there would be a herd, ruled by unicorns needing intelligence like her, and fighters.

Valhalia wandered on the idea if an equine came to recruit her. Disgust rolled off her tawny pelt in waves. Equines. Disgusting, inferior beings, the equines. With their suprimest thoughts, they had to think they were the best, and deserved lavishness. But in the recesses of her mind, the fatal femme knew that unicorns ruled, and were all powerful. Equines would perish under their hooves. Coyly smile, craning her neck and lifting up her head, she let out an demanding whinny. Someone would reply, and come to the distressed damsel's aid.

Any equine or Pegasus is allowed to join in (because she needs to get in a fight) But I would prefer a Basin unicorn. :3

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx
déodat,

Yet again the Blood Prince found himself returning to the forest of newcomers. The forest was significantly warmer in comparison to the cold northern mountains of the Basin. Déodat wasn’t a diplomat with warm words and eloquent poems, he was a soldier in every aspect of himself. The warrior could be cruel with his tongue and he was well aware of the reputation that developed around his hot temper and violent tongue. Unlike many though, he wasn’t blinded by his rage, he knew very well how to rein it in and how to unleash it’s full fury. Now would be one of the times to keep in check. Flipping his shit on a potential new recruit wouldn’t do him any good. Silently he hoped for a soldier, not one that flounced about uselessly. The lack of dedication displayed by his brothers and sisters in arms made his stomach churn with complete disgust. None of them deserved the titles of soldiers if they couldn’t even do the basics of work. What would happen if they went to war? Any enemy would be able to saunter into their borders, like that little tick that had welcomed himself into their land and proceeded to mock them. The whole lot of them were disappointing and they were lucky he wasn’t their superior. Yet, a smirk poked at the edge of his mouth. That very well could change with the upcoming tournament. Déodat wasn’t power hungry, but he wouldn’t mind stepping into power if it meant getting the complacent fools to finally work.

All of these thoughts of home became obsolete when a whinny broke the silence. Should it be a skyrat or hornless, perhaps he could bring back a present for Illynx or Deimos. Leaders could always use a slave. Then again, breaking the slave would take more time than it was worth, so he pushed that thought aside. If a Pegasus or equine was the fool calling he would ensure they would turn around and leave Helovia. At least then a different herd wouldn’t have anything to add to their own forces.

Slowly the Blood Prince approached the figure that had cried out. First he noted the horn upon her head, delightful. he studied the small mare and he for a moment found himself stumbling upon something that was beautiful, but useless. An easily broken butterfly would be of absolutely no use to him, nonetheless, they could always use more healers or spies. Unless this mare surprised him and proved her capability, Déodat doubted she was a warrior, not because of sex but because of stature. “Hello,” he said stepping out of the tree line toward the mare. “You called, and so I have come. I’m Déodat from the Aurora Basin. Welcome to Helovia” His tone still lacked that certain charm recruiters should have, at least it gave off the vibe that he meant business not polite conversation. “Should it interest you, I can show to my home. A land dominated solely by our kind.”

Is that an angel which flew down from the twilight sky?
Is that a fiend which crawled out from a crevice?.

image credits
[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

Unregistered
A chilled breeze floated through again, ruffling her angelically long mane sleekly. The smirk had managed to vanish, hearing leaves rustling in the distance, and faint snaps of twigs not too far. Momentarily, her mind wandered off to the red of blood. Ah, yes, those images never failed to haunt her of fallen brethren struggling with fatal wounds. But did the cold mare show the slimmest hint of sadness, or grief? No. Rage fueled her existence now, only emerging as the monster within her during a fight. The will to crush equines was vibrantly strong within her. If this was an equine right now, the first she would see in a long time of traveling, Valhalia would leap on it without hesitation and destroy it.

Gray eyes landed upon the powerful body of a tall stallion. Approaching the wandering femme with cold eyes, a smirk played upon her maw as she blatantly stared at the moving bulk. Advancing upon her petite frame, Valhalia watched his every movement, pridefully knowing that someone had answered her "distressed" call. Realizing that it was one of her own species that had been summoned, she stopped the weak act and straightened up. Her looks had always been in her favor to fool enemies, and the femme used them to her advantage.

"Greetings" a calm tones replied, seeing the figure fully materialize from the shadowed trees. "I had a feeling that petty distress call would lure someone in. Thank you for the welcome", with a rigid voice, she stood with a growing smirk and lit orbs, noting that the stallion meant business. "Valhalia", curtly introducing herself, the name of his herd pricked up curiosity, and once he explained her sneer dissipated. "Your home, from the name to its meaning interests me. Free from the filth of equines and pegasi, and submerged in frigid lands", brimming on the edge of glee, the mare knew she had found her new haven. It fit her rough personality and preferences perfectly.

"But tell me, do you and your herd mates so willingly invite wanderers like me? You haven't even assessed my skills, not even asked what use I could be to your Aurora Basin" grimly speaking, her lips formed a straight line, she paused expecting an answer from the harsh man. It seemed to the femme, by the appalled look the stallion wore, that he seemed to underestimate the tiny lass.

déodat,

Déodat noticed the sudden shift in her body language, from that of a desperate mare to something more rigid and strong. Good, he hadn’t landed upon a blubbering fool of a mare. Maybe, just maybe he had found one worth bringing back for approval from his superiors. Then again, there was always a place and job for someone, no matter how weak or small they may be. The Blood Prince shouldn’t be underestimating the tiny mare before him, as she very well could be a capable warrior. Nothing in his body language changed as the mare introduced herself, and went on a tangent about distress calls. “Just because it would call someone in doesn’t mean they wouldn’t be malicious.” He said matter-of-factly. Should this mare assume that everyone that would cross her path was a prince charming then she was a naïve child.

The mare went on with approval of the Basin. His ears perked forward at the mentioning of her own beliefs. “Hm..” He responded simply as he pondered this mare. “You would fit in nicely amongst us.” Valhalia was one of them, one of the ones that knew of the supremacy that the crowned deserved, and one day would have. Yet another question passed from her lips, and a soft cold chuckle passed from his lips, but his face hardened once again. Did the Basin welcome any wanderer in? No, of course not, each one had to have their uses. “We invite nearly any crowned, but you still have to offer us something. I am only here with an invitation, being accepted is a whole other game. The lord or lady of the Basin will have to decide whether or not you’re worthy of living amongst the unicorns of the Basin.”

Memories flashed through his mind of the dark king and golden queen of the mountain. Both had earned the respect of the Blood Prince, which in some cases was no easy feat. As for those two, they had shown their capabilities of being a leader, so he became their willing follower, hence him even bothering to speak with vagabonds and newcomers. “So, Valhalia, I am going to cu to the chase… Are you going to go to the Basin or not? If not, then I have other duties I must attend to.” There was no time for idle chitchat. Already patrols were waiting to be done. Even when there was peace, the Blood Prince knew that a soldier’s duty never ceased.

"Speech speech speech"

image credits
con by aihnna@dA

Unregistered
Interested and rigid, Valhalia listened to what he had to say, seeing where they could agree. A smirk playing upon her lips, she huffed powerfully in the air. "You have a point, but you know most equines and their petty ways of helping others", of course there were those with bad intentions, but they didn't scare her, for she would blow them off with a single smirk, or a horn into their chest. Simple horses were no match for the weapon unicorns held perched upon their foreheads, ready to pierce velvet skin.

"It pleases me that I would be a useful addition to the Basin", after watching him ponder silently, Valhalia had a feeling he was realizing that she wasn't as pathetic as her appearances offered her to be. Harsh laughter escaped his strong body as he answered her question, deeply satisfying her. "That's a legit answer, I was wondering momentarily if your herd would accept objects of no necessity". Arrogance fueled, the cold woman knew that her use could be easily proven. One spar, one prisoner dumped back into the camp would convince them of her loyalty to the herd, and hatred against those who weren't crowned.

"Haven't my words convinced you enough already? I will follow if you show me the way", beckoning her head towards him, the petite mare shifted into motion, nearing the looming stallion. May he show the femme a new home, and her new use in the world of Helovia.

déodat,

The assumption the mare made of equines was childish. “The hornless aren’t the only ones that have ‘petty’ ways of helping others.” Déodat replied flatly. Did the mare underestimate the power of the disgraced? Even the Blood Prince knew that one of any species could be a worthy adversary. This mare’s assumption of the equine species could cause dangerous under estimation of the lesser beings. He would keep a careful eye on this mare and maybe teach her what pure arrogance would do(an interesting thought from him, considering how proud he himself was). This mare would have to work to prove himself to the Blood Prince, for it took more than a mutual opinion to be of any worth within his eyes.

Again, she made an assumption. Déodat had made no notion she would be of any use to them. For now he would let this mare float off in her vain delusions of superiority and usefulness. Maybe this mare was a piece of work. A brief time in the disciplined life of the Basin would probably do he some good. “We aren’t like the fools throughout the rest of Helovia, our members work for their place. Complacency isn’t welcome among our ranks, especially if you become a soldier.” There was an obvious warning to his tone, especially when he spoke of the warrior ranks of his home. Tolerance wasn’t his specialty, he had a standard that he held all those who were his brothers and sisters in arms, and if they didn’t meet that standard then they were equivalent of a useless tool.

The mare nudged him to lead and so the Blood Prince nodded and began to make the journey back up toward the mountain. “Consider this your first test Valhalia if you can make it in the cold north… Keep up.”

"Speech speech speech"

[I will get up the acceptance thread shortly!]

image credits
con by aihnna@dA