the Rift

[OPEN] Say Something

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

Hooves sinking into the sand, she walked on peacefully, the chilly breeze causes her long, sorrel locks to dance with it. The wind ruffles her thick coat, she is now immune to the cold, her instincts had kicked in and told her body to grow a thick coat, so she did what her instincts told her, and within weeks she had a nice coat of warm fur. Lonely, she wonders the region where blue waves crash against dark grey rocks. The wind causes the beautiful clay creation to thump against her fuzzy chest, along with Tue ebony stranded hair. Breifly, she thinks of the beautiful Illynx that had gifted her the locks of her midnight tail, a token. With a slight smile she walks on, also thinking of the Stallion that had saved her life none but a few days ago.

Antie walked by her side, translucent and visible to others, she was virtually the only friend that Abishia had, other than Comanche and Tangere of course. With nothing to do, she drug her hooves in the sand, purposely creating shapes. Halting, she cocked her head. An idea struck her, and she trotted over to an area where there was plenty of drift wood that had been surfaced by the feirce waves. With giddy steps and a delighted smile, she picked out a thin twig, and grasped it in her kissers. She then jogged back to the area where she had made the shapes before, and started to draw. A shaky horn is what she drew, the thing she had always wanted. Stepping back, she analyzed her work with a smile, and stepped back in for a few details. Slower now, she added spirals with her silled lips. Satisfied, she moved on. Looking around, she spotted a shell. Walking up to it, she peered, adoring the shape and lines it had. Next to it, she picked up her small twig and re-created the little gem in the sand, working her lips to move the stick in many swirls and lines. She stepped back again, observing what she had created. It was a little scribbly, but would become great with practice. She giggled, noticing her potential.

Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Rhiannon Posts: 76
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 6 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sparrow
Rhiannon
We Talked, Together Sharpening a Knife
Like Killing Partners for a Life
Hey, We can Hide the Bodies on the Ride Home

"What'cha got there, girl?"

Rhiannon had spotted the splotched mar to her lovely stroll not too long after her ocean side wandering had begun. Two-toned eyes gauged and assessed the younger filly, hanging back a ways for quite some time as she watched the tobiano filly do... Something. What was it? Almost eagerly the strange hornless creature dug about in the dirt and sand of the Endless Blue, creating strange shapes in the earth. At her side, Talbot gave a soft 'wuff' as he eyed the equine, tail wagging this way and that, but the Hellhound remained where he was at receiving a sharp look from the Weaver's daughter.

Stay, Rhiannon's eyes seemed to command, gold and silver orbs narrowing only slightly as her gaze drifted from Talbot, her dearest friend, to the hornless girl a few paces away. I want to play with her first, Talbot... Then maybe you can tear her leg off. There was no physical or mental connection between them, no communication to be had like what her father was capable of, but that didn't mean they couldn't speak in their own ways. Since she was born Nonnie had been with Talbot, and that relationship alone allowed for a strange sense of communication between the two.

It was only when the hornless one had stopped in her drawing, stepping back to admire her handiwork that Nonnie had ventured forward, those previous words dripping from her lips with genuine interest. There was no horn upon this stranger's brow, and the thought made Rhiannon's lips twitch downwards in a subtle frown, but it passed quickly.

Carefully, as not to ruin what the tobiano filly had drawn in the sand, Rhiannon began stepping around the scribbles in a wide circle, giving it plenty of girth. Dual-colored eyes would flick back to the filly, then to the art, then to the filly once more before she spoke again. "Do you like drawin' in the sand?" She questioned blandly, lifting her head high so that her twisting horns pointed upwards towards the sky. "Pretty cool." ... For a hornless.

Completing her circle, but not standing too close to the equine filly, Rhiannon went on. "Name's Rhiannon, this is Talbot." She took a moment to tilt her head down at the Hellhound that stood at her side, who's tongue lolled out of the left side of his mouth. Rhiannon's eyes darted towards the hornless creature once more, admiring the pretty dish in her skull and the fine plumes of her bi-colored mane and tail. A pretty thing, she was, and Rhiannon found herself wanting to take her home.

"Come here often?"

@[Abishia]

[ooc: Permission from Dingo to use Talbot in this thread. :D]

Hidden Account
Wild.

Another girl came into the scene. But, this one was horned. With jealous orbs, Abishia looked over the beauty’s frame with a light smile. She seemed a bit older than the girl, but Abi was definitely bigger. The other filly was crowned; a beautiful princess meant to be great. But Abi on the other hand wasn’t, and was lesser compared to the beautifully horned girl. Abishia envies the crowned ones, and wish she could be among them. Her dreams consisted of being gifted a horn, but she knew this would never happen; with her luck, anyway.

The horned girl complimented Abishia’s work, and with this, a large smile spread across her kissers. She turned to the girl, and bowed her head in respect. She then looked her over once more, and picked up her twig. With her right front hoof, she erased the drawing of the shell, running her hoof across it to make it clear again. With a smug smile, she twirled and made straight and curved lines in the sand, all coming together to make the figure of the other crowned girl next to her. Raising her dome, she switched her orns from the girl, to the drawing and then to the girl again. It was almost a perfect replica, a few places to improve but it was quite impressive. With a quiet giggle, she started to speak.

“ Greetings, beautiful dove. “

Looking down at her side, she had to compose herself and resist the urge to bolt off. By her side was… What is that? It was an odd sight, yes, but Abishia forced a kind smile. She lowered her dome to it’s level and took a sniff.

“Name’s Rhiannon, this is Talbot”

The other girl tilted her head down to the dog-looking-thing, and Abi smiled at the thing, her heart lightening. This must be a companion, she wonders, for Harmony had told her of the small creatures that bond to certain beings. With every moment, Abishia envied the charcoal girl even more. Flicking her long forelock from her eyes, she raised her dome so it was level with the girl’s.

“ Rhiannon, a beautiful name miss. A beautiful name for a beautiful Unicorn, yes. And, Talbot, hello little friend. I am Abishia, pleased to be in your presence, crowned princess. “

When Abi mentioned Talbot, she had tilted her head down to the creature, not knowing if it had understood what she had said. With a smile, Abi leaned down again to clench the twig between her pearls once again. She then drew swift lines, mimicking the light markings that were around Rhiannon’s eyes. The charcoal yearling was one of beauty and majesties, the crown atop her cranium adding to her looks. When Rhiannon had spoke again, Abi kept her head down, as she added a sky and background to her intricate sand drawing. With a snort, she replied, her odd accent thick.

“ Actually, this is only about the second time I have visited this beautiful region. What about you, Rhiannon? “

@[Rhiannon]

lines

Sparrow
Rhiannon

The painted girl, for the most part, seemed completely at ease with Rhiannon's abrupt arrival and presence... Which was strange, considering that she had never been this close to an equine before, and found the entire thing completely unnerving. Was it a disease that caused equines to not have horns? If so, Nonnie hoped to her Spark-God that it wasn't contagious. The girl-artist turned strange, enticing brown orbs upon her, and bowed her head. She freaking bowed. Nonnie simply stared, a brow raising ever so slowly. What a weird thing she was. Were all hornless creatures this weird?

Dark lips opened to make a snarky retort -Do I have somethin' on my face?- but before she could even begin to mutter a single syllable, the younger female promptly blotted out what she had drawn in the sand with a hoof and began anew. Dual-colored orbs watched with mild fascination as the Ms. Paintbrush began drawing in the sand again with graceful arcs and lines, and it took all of a few long moments after the picture was complete to realize that Nonnie was staring at a picture of herself.

Huh.

How nice would that be? To wake up every morning and make Ms. Paintbrush draw pictures of yours truly in the sand? Or, since Nonnie would be taking her home, which meant the Basin, it would be in the snow. The brindle snorted in agreement with herself, her tail flicking idly to the right. The pictures would look better in the white powder, anyway. Something swelled within the brindled yearling's breast, something strange and completely foreign, an all-consuming yearning to simply grab this strange, hornless filly and steal her away. Not out of affection, mind you, -dear God, she was a hornless!- but simply because of possession, of want and desire. Nonnie wanted her, that was it, end of story.

Then, the thing went and spoke, busting up her trail of thought. 'Greetings, beautiful dove.' Dove. A dove. A winged bird. Did it look like she had wings? Horns, yes, fine things that protruded proudly from atop the crown of her head, not yet at their fullest potential... But not wings. One brow above a golden eye rose curiously. Once again; fucking weird.

"Abishia." That was the name of Ms. Paintbrush, and Rhiannon recited the name, testing it on her lips and tongue and committing it to memory. Abruptly, the horned filly grinned. "Keep sweet talkin' me like that, Abishia, and I'll be forced to take you home with me."

At her side, Talbot gave a little whine and sat, leaning physically against Rhiannon's leg as he was prone to do. The Hound's tail thumped rhythmically against the sandy earth, and Nonnie could only imagine what he was thinking. Here, we had the Weaver's daughter, talking to a hornless! Oh, what would Crowley do when he found out? Patience, she wished she could tell him, You'll have a meal soon enough.

"Actually... I've never been here before." Finally, Nonnie looked away from the hornless Abishia and her doodles in the sand, allowing dual-colored eyes to roam the churning waves and the disgusting sea-foam. "I tend not to get out much..." Of course, it had nothing to do with her physical health. Nothing at all. At least not anymore. For months of her life she had been plagued with chest-rattling coughs, but since breaching a year old, such an affliction had passed. Much to her eternal joy.

"Then again, I don't know a lot of people aside from my dad and my mom." Who, wasn't actually her mother, but Nonnie considered Arah her mother, anyway. "And Talbot, of course. He's my dad's companion, and I'm not really allowed to venture off without him. So, that mean's he's stuck with me, 'cause I want to explore." Another wiry grin tugged at Nonnie's lips, and she outstretched her muzzle towards Abishia, but not close enough for them to touch. Damn equine germs or something.

"Since you've been here before... Why not be a dear and show me around?"

@[Abishia]

Hidden Account
Wild.
She had started to draw again, listening to the crowned princess but not bothering to look up, for she was producing yet another intricate figure. Although, she did sense an odd feeling coming off Rhi, and when Abishia had called her dove, she had raised a brow; either puzzled or disgusted. Abi let out a small laugh, before dropping her twig again to speak.

" Not dove as in your a bird, it means something of great beauty and majesty. Like a Unicorn.

She finished her sentence with a knowing tone; it was obvious. Dove meant something of beauty, and a Unicorn was a creature of looks, so why not call her a dove? It was simple. The hornless girl leaned down again to grasp her stick, and listen to Rhiannon's words. I'll be forced to take you home. Abishia couldn't help but laugh at this, and drop her twig again.

" Take me home, miss? Seeing your crowned, I'm guessing your from the great Basin, yes? "

Her voice was soft and caring, even though the other girl hadn't cared much for Abi. With a sigh, she knew that she would never be accepted as an equine, and hoped for a horn. It seemed these days it was all she had wanted in her short 9 months; the only thing she was never granted. Abishia looked over the grey girl again, admiring her beauty. She ended her gaze at the girl's horns, and heaved a long sigh. She would never receive a horn. Never. Abishia didn't bother to pick up the twig again, but stared into Rhiannon's golden orbs, and softly spoke,

" I wouldn't mind you taking me to the Basin; Illynx has been expecting me anyways. "

She then listen to the girl talk of how she hadn't been out much, and the only ones she spent most time with where her ma and pa, and Talbot of course, who was her pa's companion; she was sure to add. But Abi was taken aback when Rhiannon reached out her muzzle to Abishia. It was odd. This crowned lady was very odd, not anything like Illynx had been. With a smug smile, she remembered the great mare, and how they had gotten along quite well.

" Of course princess! But, I must tell you, there isn't much to see other than sand and water."

But she didn't walk off right away. Leaning down, she grabbed the twig in her pearls again, finishing the drawing she had started next to the one of Rhi. After a series of lines and archs, it was finished. A perfectly clear drawing of Illynx, the Lady of the Auora Basin, as in to prove her point. She then dropped her stick, and whipped around. A smug smile tugging the ends of her kissers up. Glancing back she let her orbs scrape over the beautiful girl one more time before speaking.

" Come, let me show you around. "

@[Rhiannon]

lines

Sparrow
Rhiannon

Dual colored eyes watched as Abishia continued in her doodles. They were remarkably good, of course, but Rhiannon couldn't help but overlook the talent due to the fact that Abishia was an equine. And what a pity! She was an interesting creature, Nonnie begrudgingly admitted to herself, but that was it. Yes, of course. Simply interesting... Yet the way that Abi spoke, Nonnie began to come to a simple conclusion; Abishia knew that Rhiannon was better, because of the horns upon her crown. The realization made her grin.

"You're smart for such a young thing," Rhiannon complimented, her lips twitching upwards in, perhaps for the first time of a long time, a genuine smile. If Abishia knew her place, then perhaps Rhiannon could bring her home to the Basin and keep her. Yes, surely that would be allowed?

"Yep!" Nonnie responded rather proudly, her head snapping upwards in a rather arrogant gesture, stamping a hoof in the granules of white sand at her hooves, "I am. My father serves lady Illynx as the grand Weaver, and if lady Illynx has been expecting you, I guess I can't disappoint her."

Of course, Rhiannon had not personally met the Gilded Lady of the Basin, although she had truly wanted to. Crowley had, as had Arah, and that was enough. If one was great enough to obtain such a magnificent title of "Lady" or "Lord", then Nonnie knew that they deserved her respect. Simple as that.

"But I wouldn't mind continuing on our romp," Rhiannon tacked on for good measure and a shit-eating grin, brows raising upwards, "Then we can go, yeah?" This was all... Very strange to the unicorn. Growing up under Crowley's hoof, she had been taught that they were better, that equines and Pegasus were lesser. Yet here, with how respectful Abishia was being towards her, well... Rhiannon wondered if all equines were like this. Almost immediately after the thought, she snorted. Of course not.

Finishing with yet another doodle in the sand, Abi tossed her stick aside an then gave Rhiannon a positively devious look. It ignited something within the brindled youth, and nostrils flaring, Rhiannon obediently followed with Talbot trailing behind them.

[ooc: CLOSED (formally whenever Wild makes it so xD). If you'd like to move a thread to the Sanctuary now, that's good with me! :D]

@[Abishia]