the Rift

[OPEN] Beating the Bush

Tatum Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Tatum sighed as she stumbled through the woods, clearly deep in thought. The mare was dumbfounded to how she got here. She knew she made the decision of being part of the Asylum, which even the fact that she thought of joining the group should tell you something about her, but something was unfamiliarly off. She has never been so quiet, even when she was by herself, and even when she does talk she gets angry amazingly easily. On top of it all she felt like she was different. Not just because of the fact that she is the only equine that is missing a horn or a pair of wings, Tatum feels emotionally disconnected from everyone. 'Hey I could get some pointers on how to be a drug addict from Oxy,' she thought dully to herself. Like she would ever stoop so low as to do that.

The mare winced as a thorn consumed vine stuck her side; a foolish consequence for her distracted state. before this she tried dozing off but frankly after a few minutes of trying she officially eliminated any thoughts of sleeping and started roaming around senselessly, hence her present state. She pricked her ears as she heard a twig snap behind her but made no move to see who it is. Tatum honestly didn't care if the horse was a murderous psychopath, she was thinking and didn't want to be bothered. A simple explanation to her actions of course but the mare was in a way simple minded or the way she describes it is she chooses not to take time to think through her actions. She snorted, waiting for the other equine to speak.

"talk talk talk talk "

For the gateway to understanding is in the darkness within...

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
It had been a long time since Arrane had wandered outside of the confines of the Threshold and the Windtossed Foothills. The last time he had been out and wandering was when he left by the Thistle Meadows, where he met a mare with the same name, and appearance as his disappeared love. Brisa was now a minor figment in his mind. Painfully forcing himself to move on, Arrane knew he would never see the alluring woman again, his Brisa.

Walking along in the thick woods, he heard another equine walking nearby. A familiar body found itself in his sight, and Arrane recalled the mare he had met in the Threshold. A flirtatious, yet friendly smile played upon his maw as he approached the irritated lady--judging by her curt smirk. At first, he wasn't flirtatious to her because he was on a duty--a job to help his herd. But now, joyful and wanting to make friends, he just wanted to flirt just a little with the beautiful mare.

"Hello, I believe we have met before", cyan eyes twinkled in the dim light, his pale body seeming ghostly in the damp aura of the forest. "You might remember me from the Threshold?" Playfully flicking his tail, he stood still awaiting what the mare had to say...Tatum was her name, right?

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.
It was unknown what had brought her to the Forest, but she had defiently ended up here. Her dainty hooves sink into the thick coating of pine needles that covers the soil. Her each step causesa echo of thumping, an eerie noise. Ahead of her, a translucent butterfly. The soul fluttering and dancing about, not effected by the small, cold breeze. The breeze causes her long tail to tangle around her hhocks and annoyingly wrap around her corner band, but by now she is used to it. Her long pillars that where once slim, are becoming lined with toned muscles. With every step, defined features work together to protray a portrait of beauty and swiftness; all of them working together to make the beautiful figure of Abishia.

To her, the forest is empty. She frolicks for the first time, playing as if she really was a foal; an escape from her mature mind and personality. She chases imaginary enimes, real leaves, translucent birds and butterflies. For once she endures fun, and joy. A large smile is smeared across her kissers, the corners of her lips curled up. Giggles escape her every once and a while as she trots around, her tail raised high and her feet raising up high into a prance. Before she knows it, she stumbles across a friendly looking duo. A Stallion and a mare. With a light smile, she re ongnizes the brute as the kind Arrane, who had invited her to the foothills. She hadn't visited the Foothills yet, but expected to soon. Giggling, she announced herself.

" Greetings! Arrane, pleased to see you again, friend! "

Her voice was soft, flowing like the wind. Rimmed with happiness, she could hardly contain her giggles. Why so happy, you ask? No particular reason. You could call her a physco, yes, because in some matters, she really is. One moment knee deep in horrorific thoughts, the next cloaked in happiness. But, she really was happy to see the kind Stallion Arrane, who had offered his home to her. She still wasn't sure if she would accept that offer...

@[Arrane] @[Tatum]

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Unregistered

The mare had to admit, she wasn't expecting Arrane to be there. At his voice she stopped walking and turned towards the stallion. "Yes! Arrane right? I have to admit it's been a wile," she said, still not totally smiling but not cussing him out for saying something. He was kind to her in the threshold and she is thankful for that. "How have you been?," she asked, trying to make decent conversation.

Tatum then turned her head towards a series of giggling and out came another horse. 'Exactly what I need. Another horse to pretend that I'm happy with,' she thought dully. Of course she didn't mean it. She was actually craving some social interaction for a wile. She was actually glad that they showed up.

"talk talk talk talk "

Hidden Account
Orinthia
The faint sound of prancing hooves catch his ears, as feminine giggles catch his attention. A giant smile played upon his kissers as he whinnied in delight when he saw the giant bundle of joy, Abishia. He had taken a liking to the filly, finding her to be almost like a little sister. Despite looking entirely different from his own sisters, he saw them in the bay and white girl. "Abishia, I'm delighted!" Cyan eyes shone with glee, wondering when she wanted to come to the Foothills with him. He sincerely hoped that the kindred fae would enjoy his home, and love it as much as he does.

The other mare, Tatum spoke to him, and once again his grin was somewhat flirty. She was cute, and closer to his age, but he wouldn't try to unfairly use her and dump her like other stallions. Their maltreatment of the ladies clearly annoyed him, so the built stallion decided since youth to not be like them. "I've been pretty good, hating the cold", a chuckle emitted from his chest as he spoke once more. "How has it been for you and Oyx..you're part of the Asylum, right?" Gentle words reassured his jovial aura.

"Abishia, Tatum is a lovely lady that I met in the Threshold", motioning his head towards the painted mare, introducing the two. Standing quietly, he stepped down of the speaking place to let them interact a little bit?

Hidden Account
Wild.

a b i s h i a

The tips of her ivory kissers are curled into a large smile, joyous to be with the brute again. Her spirits are light, despite the darkness that lingers around Helovia, the thing she has encountered twice now. But she resists to let that dampen her spirits. She dips her dome to the fae, noticing the flirtiness that is displayed between the two. Giving a girlish giggle after her words, she nodded slightly. "How have you been, Mister Arrane? I have missed you dearly since our last meeting. " The little - but yet large- girl had devolped a brotherly liking for the kind Stallion that used soft words. Her smile widened, and she turned to the mare.

" Tatum! Pleased to meet you, beautiful miss. I am Abishia, an outcast, but soon to be part of the Foothills. I see you have meet kind Arrane before? " She flicked her maw to him, in a playful way. She then turned to the mare, and furrowed her brow jokingly, " I must say, he is quite a keeper! " Abishia then nudged the Stallion, a small giggle erupting from her. Recovering from her little silly spell, the beautiful girl flicked her forelock, most of the long, curly locks being placed behind her right hark. Clearing her throat, she smiled brightly again. " Where is your home, miss? "

{how she talks}{how they speak to her}{how she walks}

@[Tatum], @[Arrane]

Image Credits

lines

Unregistered

The mare's lips parted to reveal a half hearted laugh. " Actually yes, he probably thinks I'm a bipolar madwoman and I think he's a maladroit crackpot, but besides that we get along just fine," she smirked, sarcasm clearly detected in her voice.

She the turned her head towards the big bundle of energy that goes by the name Abishia. An uncontrollable smile broke out across Tatum's kissers as the mare greeted her. " Nice to meet you Abishia. As a matter of fact me and Arrane have crossed paths before," the mare said, her gaze unconsciously flicking to the stallion as she spoke.

At Abishia's next words the mare flushed, her train of thought being totally thrown off their tracks. Glancing at Arrane before returning gaze towards the young mare once more. She opened her mouth as if to say something, but no words came out. Without anything to say she closed her mouth again, her train of thought turning a whole different direction. The mare had never thought of herself as beautiful or lovely, after all she hasn't really taken the time to think of her physical appearance. But their flattery had left her wondering if her outer appearance was something to look at. Arrane wasn't such an eyesore himself, but of course she would never admit this.
Her attention was recovered when Abishia then asked her where her home was. " A little ways that way," she answered simply, pointing towards the direction she came from. The mare didn't know exactly how to get back, but she plainly concluded that she'll find her way back somehow.

Hidden Account
Orinthia
It seemed as if Abishia knew Arrane was trying to be the big flirt he was. Well, if a woman was pretty, and more his age, of course he would try to be attractive. Not a womanizer, or too arrogant, Arrane had a feeling his was quite handsome, for he had made many mares approach him with coy smiles. But flirting was his way of getting to know someone better, and make them feel good about themselves. "I have been doing quite okay, and I have missed you a lot also", genuinely smiling, his eyes were warm. The little filly brightened up his everyday life.

"I beg to differ. It's you lovely ladies that are the keepers", nudging the child back, resonant chuckles emitted from his chest as he playfully tossed one of her curls. Her silliness reminded him almost too much of his sister back home, Leila. Energetic and happy, he stood to Abishia's flank, enjoying her company, but not forgetting about Miss Tatum. "Oh yes, and a terrifying one at that", a laugh emitted from his throat, as he glanced at the mare with a coy smile. "Who knows, she's probably one of those crazy ladies that beat her parents. Beware Abishia", playfully flicking his tail, sarcasm laced his words as he playfully grinned at Tatum.

The mare was quite a beauty, though her eyes seemed to be flicking back to Arrane every so often. He was a little bit interested in her, and wondered if she realized how pretty she was. "She's with the herd, Asylum...", he murmured to Abishia, wondering if the girl has heard of the outcast group wandering around Helovia. "What brings you out here today?" Directing it towards Tatum, Arrane also included Abishia by slightly nudging. It was a nice way to make some sort of conversation.

Hidden Account
Wild.

a b i s h i a
have faith in the young

Arrane was a Stallion that she wished Harmony could have met. He was great, and the girl wished he could be her father. But she would never tell him this... Not soon anyways. She hadn't even revealed that both her parents had abandoned her yet. Absently, she smiled at Tatum, not fully listening to her words. She was recovered when Arrane spoke, he had missed her. Absihia's heart warmed and she felt the tips of her harks grow hot. Her smile widened, the tips of her ivory kissers being pulled by an imaginary string. He nudged her back, and she immediately giggled as she was thrown a bit off balance by his large frame. Girly giggles escaped her as he spoke again. She smiled at the compliment, nudging Arrane hard with her maw playfully. "Oh stop it! Your such a ladies man! She sneered at him, laughing all the while. She had almost forgotten the pretty girl was there, when Arrane addressed her. It was a playful and flirty conversation, sarcasum being thrown around this way and that. She laughed again, happiness and joy displaying her orbs. Jokingly she shrinked back, uttering a little screech. " AH! Arrane, I am so scared! Hide me from this fierce mare! " Her last words were tipped with laughter, and she stepped forward again, shaking her bodice.

She had heard of the Asylum, for Harmony had told her some bad things. But she brushed them off her shoulder, not caring to address the thoughts that Harmony had plagued into the filly's mind. She smiled to Arrane, nodding slightly. "I see! I have heard of them before. " She giggled again before adding, " Just wondering about, I get quite lonely at times. "

@[Arrane] @[Tatum]

{how she talks} {how they talk to her} {how she walks}

Credits

lines

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
kahlua
So many options. The girl stood just a short ways off in the forest, the decay of the darkness leeching from her hooves into the ground around her, turning the bushes black, making the trees whither, and setting the small mammals of the forest running. Of course, she fit in just as well with the darkness all around. With her ribs sticking out, her tail transformed to one of a scorpion and her eyes as pupil-less and lifeless as the dying plants, she became one with the forest.

So it was that she stood, watching the tree horses in the distance, traipsing about in the woods like it was safe. The Deep Woods. She had come here once, a long time ago, back when she was different, when she was not so naïve. She had met a half-dead vulture, an omen of the evil to come. She was afraid of him them, but now... Now she was the evil. And she did not fear for her life, nor her safety, nor did she care for the safety of others. All she knew, in her very bones, was that she wanted to spread this darkness to others. Because what she felt now was power, the power of evil, the power to rule the world if only she tried hard enough.

Finally, she decided. Tatum. Between her ears, the metal scorpion that Ulrik had made her clicked and whined, as if approving. Of course, it did not, being inanimate, but she did not question the metal being's judgment. In some ways, the thing was becoming her god. After all, had she not been molded to look like him? Picking up a trot, the wraith circled around until she was coming up behind Tatum, quickening her pace, death still following in her very footsteps as plants all around her shriveled and shrank. And then, when she was right next to the bay mare, the girl's scorpion tail struck out, aiming for Tatum's rump or back, wherever she might hit. As for the others, she had only three words. “Don't be afraid.”

The laughter that rung out from her mouth was hollow, lifeless, with promises of attacks on the others to come, if they did not leave.

@[Random Event]
Image by Sevin

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
@[Tatum] may post once more before the dice roll determines her fate!

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
More than 1 week has passed. Tatum is considered to have stood her ground and becomes Infected.