the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Life on the Moon [Eva]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
come and watch over me like the pale moonlight

She had been getting colder as of late. The weather had been dropping and signs of winter were beginning to come through again. This meant that her herbs were not going to be growing very well anymore, which was slightly disappointing for the mare as she began to head back towards the campfires.

A gentle shake of her head, and her tendrils of hair gave a gentle wave across her neck. She would have to leave the Edge if she wanted her magic. But, could she bring herself to do that? When she finally had a family? It was tearing her apart. She wanted to be able to heal them, should something happen, but she couldn't bring herself to leave them either for fear that something might go terribly wrong the second that she left and that she would have no way of knowing it.

Her head was spinning, and she almost wanted to be alone. However, as she neared in closer to the fires the warmth only sparked other feels to prickle across her frame. Quil. Kahlua. Kaj. Mirage. Those who had such an overwhelming desire to learn about the healing profession. Everyone who was willing to fight for the Edge, for their home. No. She couldn't leave them. The quest would not be completed unless she was forced from the lands with no choice left. She would be forced, and so would the rest of the Edge - for it would have to occur from an invasion or whatever that dark force that was looming over the corners of Helovia was. She would not leave before everyone left. She would do what she could to make sure that they were safe.

She didn't care if she died. That was what she was going to do. And, so, she stared into the fires watching as they burned with intent to fight against the oncoming winter chills. They were a sense of light, a sense of hope, and she hoped that they would provide some outlook for her in these oncoming days with the darkness spreading...
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

"Winter's coming." The dragon's voice held a hint of distaste for the cold season and it made his bonded smile in amusement. "I know." She replied. "I don't like it." He gave a little snort, which was punctuated by a puff of smoke. "I know that, too." Evangeline said. "And I'm not really fond of the cold, either, but we just have to deal with it. At least now we have somewhere that we can weather it." Tallis rolled his eyes before grudgingly agreeing with his bonded because she had a point. Maybe here they would have plenty of food to eat so neither of them would be on the verge of starvation. The idea of dying with an empty belly wasn't something that thrilled the orange.

"Fire up ahead." "Fire?" Evangeline repeated. "I didn't do it." Tallis said in defense. "Been here the whole time." "I know you didn't do it. Fly ahead and see what it is, please." She requested and the dragon shot ahead, gracefully slipping between trees until he reached the fires that he had informed his bonded of. As he circled overhead he took note of a lone mare then circled back to Evangeline.

"One mare." He said as he descended to land upon Evangeline's back. "Campfires." The orange mare flicked a tail and looked in the direction that Tallis had flown off in and come back, wondering if she should continue on in that direction or head elsewhere. "Cold. Go to campfire." The dragon gave her hide a slight pinch and Eva snorted her distaste at his method of urging, but gave in. As she walked the dragon climbed up to take his usual position draped across her neck, his legs hanging on either side, and his head resting between her ears.

"You're so lazy." She chided the dragon gently. "You have wings." The dragon snorted in response. "You have legs." "So do you." "Whats the point?" "If your wings get tired you could walk." "You're faster." "Any excuse to be lazy"

The friendly banter came to an end as she stepped out to where the campfires were and took sight of the mare that Tallis claimed to have seen. Evangeline nodded her head in greeting as she stepped forward toward the fire. Tallis climbed down off of his bonded and scooted close to the fires and lay on the ground, lounging like a fat cat who had just finished a bowl of milk.

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
Resplendence shifted her weight, leaning closer to the fire as she watched the tendrils of orange and yellow dance in the waning light. The darkness was coming, and the idea of a night with such evil looming in the back of her mind did not bode well with her. So, she had inched in closer and closer to the fire. At least here there would be light, and at least with the light she would be able to tell if the darkness tried to take over.

She had almost gone to lay down next to the fire, to try and warm her leg's aching muscles from the run back from the Veins of the Gods. At least, by this point, she had been able to stand and move, unlike right after she had told of the strange events. So, now she prepared to lay down and relax again, try and fight off the nightmares that had been plaguing her mind since the trip, quite literally, into the Sanctuary.

That wasn't going to happen, though, as just as Resplendence started to drop down onto her knees she saw a flash of orange and black in front of her eyes. It took her a second to actually take in the shape of the blob of colour, to see a dragon sprawling out in front of the fire. Instantly, she is scampering backwards, using her forelimbs that had been originally bent to propel her backwards about twenty steps, her tail almost being shoved into the fire. But, as she felt the heat she jumped forwards a couple of steps.It was only then that she took in the other mare who was across from her. No horns. No wings. Nothing to possibly injure me with, just a dragon at the base of the fire.

An embarrassed smile fell on Res's face as she pricked her audit up toward the mare and tried to stop the trembling of her limbs. "Oh... hi there..." Resplendence whispered, her eyes flickering from the ground back up to the mare in front of her.

So much for a good first impression?

Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

Evangeline had moved to stand near one of the fires, letting the warmth if provided wash over her frame. She let Tallis lay where he was, the dragon was perfectly capable of defending himself and getting out from underhoof if any other horses decided to come to the campfires, which she found were quite clever. She actually wished that she and Roanne would have thought about it when they were in Isilme, but her time in Isilme had passed and there was no going back.

Sudden movement made Evangeline jerk her head toward the other mare who was stumbling backwards. Tallis had jumped to his feet and was snaking his way around the fire to her and she could soon feel his claws pinching and digging into her flesh as he climbed up her leg to get to her back. His little heart was hammering from almost being laid upon and he watched the mare with a wary gaze.

"She almost squished me!" He shouted in Eva's mind, making the mare laugh a little. "You should watch where you're laying." She said and the dragon huffed. "She should watch where she's laying!" The flaxen mare shook her head and craned her neck so she could look at the dragon perched on her back. "She was here first. Now go apologize for scaring her." The dragon snorted at his bonded then slowly climbed down her leg and walked around the fire to where Resplendence was standing. He looked up at the mare and trilled quietly then looked back at Eva.

"He says he's sorry for startling you." Eva called over to Resplendence. "His name is Tallis. I'm Evangeline." She began to move around the fire and stopped close to where Tallis was. The dragon turned and when he did Eva lowered her head and the dragon climbed up and settled onto her back where it was safe from being squished, but it wasn't enough for the dragon who was very displeased at being easily overlooked. "I want to leave." He huffed to Evangeline who shook her head. "Don't ignore me." He pinched his bonded's neck and grumbled. "You're being rude." She murmured to the dragon who only insisted more that he wanted to leave.

Finally Evangeline sighed and gave in because when the dragon got in his little moods he became stubborn and irrational. "I'm sorry, but I must take my leave already. My dragon is being a baby and having a hissy fit." Tallis grumbled again and Evangeline rolled her eyes. "It was a pleasure to meet you, perhaps we can talk some other time." She dipped her head to the mare then turned and trotted off into the darkness.

ooc:// eva has left