the Rift

Where the hell am I? [OPEN]

Nazar Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
It was cold on the night I left. A big gust of wind tried to knock me down. But now I am in the slight shelter of a forest. It was calm here, I didn't know anything about it though. No knowing was the scariest thing on earth. And now, I didn't. Was the only one that didn't know where I was. But I was not scared. I was not the small foal begging for their mamma. I was a warrior. And I would stay like that. The new land had changed me even more, from the father I used to be. The scream still rang in my ears, the fire set ablaze.

I stood in a clearing, orange hued pine needles scatter the ground. Where the hell was I? This was not my home. My home was a vast open field, next to a large jungle. This was not the home I once knew. And I was happy. I did not want to be alone anymore. For I had stumbled across a new land, and I would use it to my best ability.

I was a black stallion, a white blaze set on my face. A cursed lighting marking stretched from my broken and charred horn's base, all the way to my rump. A scary sight. My yellow eyes watch the night drift on. My feathered hooves don't make a sound as I await dawn. A breeze swept my mane into my face, my forelock being stopped by my horn. And as of now, I wish I had my magic back. When that lightning bolt struck my horn, it absorbed my magic. And now, I had none. Not even wings to bring me into the sky, set me soaring. And I was bored once again. Waiting for someone new to meet.

Of course now, I was not that raged beast. I just needed someone. A sound. Something with life in it other than a plant. I needed another to comfort me. I wouldn't necessarily comfort them though. I was not that upset fool I was before, I am just calm now. But when I get mad, I get mad. And you wouldn't like to see it. I would cuss, I would yell. I would buck and rear. The only one who can stop me is the one I love. Well, the two I love. And they are both dead.
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 Midas</style>

I wipe my brow
Standing among the ash and dust

I’d not visited the yawning stretch of elms and pine in nearly a full season. Other matters consumed my time, and the job of recruiting had been left to my ample warriors—they worked hard, but mostly I’d seen Africa out in about. She and others had brought fresh blood into the herd. Tonight I would ease my Oracle’s burdens slightly by traveling to yon forest and seeing the stock to be gathered for myself. The Goddess of Moon winked with half an eye, her cool light shining through an even colder evening. It was early yet, I strolled into the thicket with a familiar confidence born through years of walking between the timbers.

Fina remained behind, she lacked the enthusiasm to travel when there was plenty of hunting to be had in our warm oasis. I was rather glad she decided to stay home, this eve was good for traveling alone—allowing me to sulk in misery as I might...with no prying eyes to judge their worth. With frostfall nipping our heels, the clans were eagerly recruiting those that would be seeking protection from the storms that would surely arrive on a Northern breeze any day now.

Senses lingered on a particular scent among the many that is offered, one of foreign origin. Eventually my gaze caught sight of a dark figure between the timbers, consumed by shadow and very nearly invisible had I’d not been paying attention. Instinctively pausing a fair distance away I allowed a breath of silence to pass between us before softly calling out, “Hail friend, and good eve to ye.”

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Nazar Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
@[Midas]
I waited so long, I thought the night would be over soon. The sun rising into the sky, the stars dimming by the minute. But no, the only thing that happened.. was a lone birds cry, it rattled through the air. It's voice shaking and afraid. Nazar liked that. He wanted to make little ones cry, he wanted to scare everyone. He liked it. A voice sounded. I did not know it, my eyes traveled to the speaker, A black and white stallion, with wings. What a peculiar sight. What the heck was he saying? It was a different accent than Nazar had ever heard. Stupid in a way. But he didn't say anything rude or annoying or mean, he just spoke in a calm voice. One that he never used before, only with his mate and child. "Hello, I don't know anything about this land, It is different I could say." Okay, maybe I did kind of be rude, but hey! My nature is my nature!

I then thought about my family again, I hated it when I drifted off like this, I just loved them. I didn't want them to go. But they had. The gods left me with a scar undeniably ugly, and with no heart left. "What do you want sir?" I asked the man, surely he would have a reason for being here. I stepped out of the shadows into the moon's light, letting the marking that covered my body show. Holding my head high, so he could see the scars left from battle and blood-shed, letting him see the broken horn atop his brow. His bright yellow eyes watch the man, his superior looks and the gold spots across his body, Nazar would say he was king. But Naz didn't want to believe himself, so he kept quiet, awaiting an answer in reply.
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 Midas</style>

I wipe my brow
Standing among the ash and dust

He appeared collected and confident, unwaveringly those dark eyes still hidden by shadows overlooking the branches of a lob leafed pine turned to meet me with calculating judgment that came quick and made first impressions important. My wings slithered tighter against barrel, he spoke evenly and announced to be a visitor or as I’d figured, a foreigner. The corners of my lips twisted higher, understanding confusion that might arise I replied, “Aye it is strange for some.” Before I could say anything more the stranger posed a reasonable question—asking my purpose.

His steps shortened our distance and led the taller stallion into the faint light so that we might gaze upon each other without the shield of shadows. Head craned slightly up as it usually did, (considering most in Heloiva were of a taller breed). In this light I could make out the outline of a broken crown, his birthright shattered by either dumb luck or battle.

“I want nothing friend, only to wish ye well.” My voice is soft, but he would do wise to not mistake the softness for a faint heart—there is a strong glint that remains visible in my eyes and the smile upon this maw can turn into one that snarls just as easily as it grins in delight, “Ye is a traveler, and I say welcome to Helovia. My name is Midas.” Out here there was a time and place for titles, though mine was something used on formal occasions (or to put an outsider in their place.)

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

Why did it seem the Thresh would call for her? She loved the thrill of finding newcomers and welcoming them, for they were almost always friendly. Helping others was something she was interested in and loved; it made her feel happy and light. Traveling across the regions, it took her awhile to reach her favorite place in Helovia, but it was worth it. Soon she would be back to greeting beings and offering them a kind smile, or at least she hoped.

Dainty hooves and muscular pillars carried her through the Thresh, and led her along the common path, the one she always took. Comforted and flanked by Antie, MeMe, and the Others, she walked with her dome raised high, and confidence radiating from her. Beneath her coat, lean muscles works to keep her walking, and a thick coat above them worked to keep her bodice toasty warm, despite the chilling breeze. Her locks threatened to pull from her and dance, but they didn’t reluctant to leave the warmth of her frame. Stepping over rocks, tree roots, and more with no effort, made her seem as graceful as one that had spent ten years on this earth, when really, she had only spent a mere nine months. She was deep in her usual thoughts when she stumbled across a large stag and a brute. The larger of the two seemed to be Midas, the one that MeMe had told her tales of. The brute was quite intimidating, distracting her from the other stag with his armour and off colors. She resisted the flinch, and caked on a smile. She wasn’t far from them, and they could probably spot her. Moving her large frame into the scene she dipped her dome to them both.

“ Greetings, I am Abishia. I welcome you to Helovia sir. “

The greeting was more directed toward the other stag, but then she turned to the larger and dipped her skull again.

“ Midas, you had encountered my mother once. Her name was Harmony. Pleased to be in the presence of one so mighty, sir. “

@[Midas] @[Nazar]

lines
please tag me in any and all posts