the Rift

[PRIVATE] Unbecoming (Solace) (CLOSED)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>
 Feeling like a fool for trying.</style>

I stepped from the invisible shackles and chains that lashed me home. The half-finished wall was starting to shape up, though it still called for attentions—at least there was visible progress being made over these past few months. Only time would tell if my personal goal to see it finished before the rising of next Tallsun would happen. Alas, progress thus far had been slow. Said wall stretched beyond as far out as the eye could see. My gaze trailed the stones only for a moment, then hastily tore toward the distant hills with a sigh. Feet drove a path across the slopping earth, and sand faded to dry and coarse flora that turned golden with each step. I met the cool dawning sun with a twitching grin just barely creasing the corners of my lips, Orangemoon sun felt smoothly good across my two-toned back. A nice change from the burning heat of Tallsun.

There had been few reasons to smile of late, but at least one could still enjoy the blessings of a bright morning. Fina called out to me, she had gone off a little ways ahead to hunt. I approached her location and noted that the orange bird was perched upon earth, talons astride a rather large desert hare. Sharpened beak had already tore most of the flesh from its quarters, I didn’t flinch from the gory sight. She smiled in my mind and jokingly offered me a bite. Grinning back, I firmly counseled a wise nay. Fina shrugged and went about her business of shredding meat into bite size pieces—all the while keeping her flaming feathers free of bloody muck. Nasty business, hunting. I was thankful that our species didn’t have munch on things that had previously carried a heartbeat.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Solace Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 16h :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
I had a dream I stood beneath an orange sky.</style>

There was something in the air that brought on a certain joyful mood. Solace found himself in need of a get away from the Foothills, and go beyond the Threshold, he needed to see beyond his home. That untamable wanderlust had seized him and pulled him along. The crisp orangemoon weather was pleasant change to the heat. As the earthy draft wandered into the unfamiliar field, he sang softly to himself, a ballad about forbidden lovers. Funny how often his songs seemed to relate to that of romance when he himself had never experienced such a thing. This particular tune had always been a catchy one that he found frequently caught in his head, so it was no wonder he had it so ingrained in his mind.

For a brief while he permitted himself rest at the river, drinking from it and taking the opportunity to satisfy his hunger. There was no rush as he had no destination or particular end point. All that he would do was wander and see where the road would lead. That was always the thrill of the journey, not when you reached the destination, but never knowing where he would end up. Sure that had led him into trouble on multiple occasions, but there was always good with the bad.

Off in the distance, Solace could see another figure. He had found himself growing tired of solitude, as he had already spent an entire day all to himself. Maybe there wouldn’t be any harm in approaching the figure. Slowly he moved forward, giving out a soft whinny in greeting as he approached the winged stud. It didn’t take long for him to take notice of the exquisite appearance of the stallion’s bonded. Solace had seen several companions within the seasons of living in Helovia, but such a creature like that was unfamiliar.

“I hope I’m not bothering your brother,” Solace said, “I merely wished to get a closer look at the beauty of your bonded. I am Solace.” His tone was cordial, and he gave the stallion the typical dip of his head in greeting. “If I am bothering you I can hurry along on my way.”

text

Image Credits
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>
 Feeling like a fool for trying.</style>

I stood on the peaceful crest, watching the breeze shift brown whey in the distant meadows. Peace was never a thing that hung around long. Soon everything would succumb to the frost, become as dead as the hare that Fina took gleeful pleasure shredding into bite size pieces, seemingly content in having me stand by. I learned to stiffly my cringes, even though it was hard to stand the smell of warm blood. While waiting for the lass to finish her gory meal, a sturdy looking fellow approached from the hills; his dark skin and leafy colored locks gave me pause-- indeed at this distance he appeared as a tree spirit given life. I stared at the child of earth with curious interest.

As he drew near it became apparent that said individual was no tree at all, but a full-fledged adult stallion. My brow rose, head tilting forward to offer the draft stud a welcoming smile. He turned to look at Fina curiously, eyes widening with admirable wonder. The fire bird jerked her bloody beak from the kill which she plucked. Eyes piercingly hard when they turned to meet his similar colored orbs. She hissed irritably then went back to eating. Lest he approached, the stallion might get more of an introduction than he was asking for. My lips remained curved into a warm grin, “Aye your certainly welcome here brother. Linger as ye might.” Glancing at my phoenix I voiced caution, “Though I’d not get near while she yet draws blood,” a scowling chirp was the response. Still grinning, “I’m Midas, and she is called Fina.” Usually my companion was overjoyed by having people focus solely on her, but food seemed to override the desire for fawning. She took off with her kill urging me to move on and not chit chat today, for once I was inclined to agree despite the presence of memorably company. "Forgive me friend, but I must move on. Good day to ye."

OCC: Midas has left.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]