the Rift

[PRIVATE] [closed] First time for everything [Midas]

Parelia Posts: 210
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 :: 7:: Frostfall HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Penna :: Peregrine Falcon :: None Parelia
She had been advised not to wonder to far or exert herself, but she couldn't sit still or lay around. Parelia still had a limp and she could see her new collection of circular scars shinning pink on her hips, neck, back, and left wing joint. Her right rib cage was still very tender from her two newly healed broken ribs. She heaved a sigh as her hooves lead her on through the thickening mist. She kept her ears alert still jumpy from the ambush the golden trimmed mare. Her mind was quelled for now, quite for the first time in two days. She just could not figure out why she had been attacked, she had only been wondering the lands. She had been well away from a heard land. Shaking her head softly she lowered her eyes to the steep winding rocky path.

Her sides were heaving making pain pulse through her tender ribs, as she finally topped the ridge. She gasped at the lovely view before her sending a new wave of pain through her. Grumbling as she limped her cremllo paint form through the grass until she found a nice spot and let her body slowly lower to the ground. 'I should probably rest for a little bit.' A smile spread over her face as she gazed around her. This was her first time here and she knew she would come back here often. Her muzzle drew in the scent around her drawing her maw to the sweet grass. She plucked a few stems from the ground grazing as she lay there in this perfect meadow.

Walking "Talking"’Thought’
Words:269
OOC:; @[Midas]
Parelia
[Image: 54a664c1065ed][Image: 542f83afbdf08]
Please tag Parelia! Attack at anytime

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

At long last I returned to the fields that took us as close to heaven as we could climb without wings. Fina flew at my side, enjoying the northern breeze more than I was. A sunny life in the Throat was always missed when we entered the slopes of mountains. Though she had an endless fire by which to keep warm, my pelt hadn’t filled in enough to block nipping wind from biting into my shoulders and limbs. The day was young and the sky was empty of clouds until we got to the base of our destination.

An endless stream of fog seemed to encircle the cliffs, which likely made walking difficult for those that maneuvered the path on foot. I angled up, catching the breeze to soar us past the face of the mountain until we crested through the mist and was once again gliding across the endless blue. Winter foliage grew with ample delight, the Orangemoon lilies seemed to adore this place and thus grew abundantly.

You could almost count there to be folks lingering on this plane. It was a perfect place for mediation and worship. Nay, I could think of none better aside from the veins themselves. Though, lately I’d heard rumor that the holy shrines had been desecrated by darkness. “Don’t worry,” Fina chirped softly when my thoughts turned toward gossip and worries, “Relax,” she advised. I’d been working to hard, this trip was due to help get my mind off of duties in the herd. Ktulu, the strain of leading a herd.

A mare was resting below, and it felt rude to simply pass her by without greeting. So being the polite chap that I was my vocals rang through the air, loud enough to be heard above the thumping of wings, "Good afternoon sister! Enjoying the last days of Orangemoon?" The phoenix at my side scoffed unapprovingly and took off to find some innocent bird or rodent to kill.

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

The grass was the best tasting thing she had ever had in her three years of life. Before she knew it she had all of the grass around her mowed down. She was just about to stand up to when she heard the unmistakable sound of wings brushing through the air. Her ears flew up honey eyes bright gazing around all sense on alert. As the black and white painted horse topped the rise, coming out of the mist like a spectral ghost she tried a little to quickly to stand. Pain gripped her ribs and still tender leg muscles. Taking a few deep ragged breaths she caught her breath and stood up rocking back and forth. her eyes were drawn to the fiery bird beside him. her eyes trailed it as it sped off through the blue sky. She was amazing, having never seen anything like that before. A smile lit up her face as she turned back to the flying stallion. She gazed at his gold tipped wings, his handsome silver collar, and the gold markings under his eyes. He was easy on the eyes that was for sure. her muzzle carefully drew in the air around her bringing the scent of Dragon's Throat to her muzzle.

His warm vocals stroked her pricked ears and she longed to fly up to him and swirl around the clouds with him. A sadness filled her shadowing her eyes as she gazed at him. Taking a few steps closer to him, standing under his head she lifted her dainty head to him allowing her vocals to rise to him, "Yes I am brother. I would come up there with you, but..." She flexed her tender wings out, her muzzle briefly touching her left joint before continuing, "I was recently ambushed and I have to rest it.." She let a soft sigh escape her velvet lips as her eyes caught sight of her right wing. The spot were her feather had been ripped away was clear as day and a dagger of anguish tore through her heart. Giving her head a gentle shake she turned her muzzle skyward again. Her sweet tinkling voice swam up to him, "I am Parelia, from the Foothills. It is my pleasure to meet you sir." As she finished she dipped her head slighting in a sign of respect for the black and gold stallion above her.

Walking "Talking"’Thinking’
Words: 400
OOC:; @[Midas]
Parelia

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

She was a young pretty thing. Doe like eyes shifting up and smiling at me with an innocence that I’d come to miss, an innocence that had been ripped away from Africa not more than two seasons ago. The girl had risen slowly from the ground, as if still sore from some wound that I yet couldn’t see from my elevated distance. By her announcement my inkling was landed upon proper footing, she nosed her muscle along the left appendage and announced an inability to fly. Gently pressing into it and making a face whilst doing so. The stranger strained to reach heaven by her eyes alone, wings apparently stretching in a silently aching for the sky. Symphony filtered past the reserves that normally cloaked my expressions.

Parelia, a fitting name. I offered the lass a tender and understanding beam, “I’m Midas. Might I join ye on the ground?” It was polite to ask, even though I knew the likelihood of her response. Before she could grant me permission my wings tucked toward barrel. Preventing the wind from lifting stocky frame and instead allowing gravity to take hold. Carefully I brushed the earth with hindfeet first, thrusting openly to alight softly across the soft flora. Gold spread where my feet stepped, each rise a breathless extension of the daggers that marked it. My wings slithered shut, snugly pulling into the protection of my sides. Politely I walked toward the pale painted girl, “What caused ye harm Parelia?” My voice is soft, laced with friendly concern toward this wounded Pegasus.

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Her sad bright eyes gazed passed the handsome painted stallion tot he sky. How she longed to fly again, to swirl around in the clouds. She could almost feel the water droplets from the puffy balls forming on her skin, could almost taste the freedom. Her eyes almost regrettable finding the stallion's face again, connecting with his stunning gold orbs. She had told herself to be on high alert and she was; kind of. Her heart almost melted at the look that crossed his face. Silently she thanked him for not pitying her, he just seemed to almost understand. She gazed at him for a while as he soaked in her words. At his smile it felt like a tiny creature in her chest had just drop kicked her heart. Parelia's body relaxed slowly making her realize how tense she had been as well as how sore that had made her.

His handsome voice bounced almost tenderly off her ear drums a thought closely following his name into her brain. 'Midas, why does that sound familiar?' Shrugging mental she let her own voice bubble up, "Please feel free to." She smiled as he landed, but the smile quickly changed. She was awe struck by the bright gold dust that materialized as his white hooves touched the ground. How had he done that? She would have to ask later for his voice was resonating through the air again.

Her brain instantly jumped back to that night, 'Has it really been two days?' Her sore body made it feel like she had just been left all over again. It was easy for her to block out the excruciating pain she had felt directly after her beating. She could almost feel the rain though, and the hopeless acceptance of death. Why had that evil witch allowed her to survive? She could not figure it out, maybe Midas would be able to help her in her understanding. Slowly she pulled her wings back against her body mulling over how she wanted to tell her tale.

As she began her eyes drifted to his collar, shifting slightly out of focus as she tried to recall the stormy night the best she could.She allowed her emotions, most of them, to show through expressions and voice, "I was walking home from the marsh, I had just met a very unusual stallion, a storm was brewing so I thought it would be best to walk home." She paused remembering the bright blue lighting that had ripped at the sky her eyes flashing along with the image. "I was just coming to the creek in the Thistle Meadow when another mare attacked me out of no where." Bitter anger lit a fire deep in her soul reflecting out through her eyes. "She had the upper hand, it was an ambush. She beat me down, stabbed me, almost tore my left wing off," at the mention of this her cream and teal wings rustled slightly, "broke a few of my ribs, stole one of my feathers, and left me for dead." She stopped for a moment eyes glowing dully with her mental pain. She had been defeated, broken, humiliated, and left to die.

She blinked slowly lifting her eyes to his her voice close to that of an abused child. She could hear the sadness and self loathing but plowed on anyway, "I asked her why she did what she had, and do you know what she said? To prove I am strong." Her voice almost broke on the last few words. Her velvety soft lips were trembling, she could feel her honey glazed orbs sparkling with tears. her delicate chiseled head swung away from her, trying to hide er weakness, even though she knew it was useless. Her head flew up suddenly she could hear someone screaming and it was coming from her heard! "I have to go!" She yelles behind her galloping off.

Walking "Talking"’Thinking’
Words: 628
Ooc:; thread is closed!!
Parelia