when i'm wiser and i'm older</style>

It's a long and rugged road
and we don't now where it's headed
But we know it's going to get us where we're going
And when we find what we're looking for
we'll drop these bags and search no more
'Cuz it's going to feel like heaven when we're home
It's going to feel like heaven when we're home

Morning dawned bright and clear over the desert; the storms that roved the northern lands held at bay in the sight of the rising sun. The sand and scattered rocks that had been left cold from the dark night and drank in the warmth as the rays of light greeted them, and in their midst, a young Pegasus walked alone. Megeara was thankful for the calm morning that lit her way back to Dragon’s Throat. She’d had a few hours sleep that night, but that had not been enough to heal her wounds. The large wings folded gingerly at her sides were shortened, the tips burned away leaking them charred and raw, the on her right especially so, the hair on her forelegs had been burned away and the skin there was red and blistered and her muzzle carried the same scarring.

The mare’s progress was slow as picked her way through the treacherous rocks. She was used to moving at a faster pace; she was usually the image of energy and bounding youth, and even more so she usually traveled in the air. Meg was often a bit clumsy on the ground, and her ever-shuffling hooves were often apt to trip over each other. Now-however, with her wings bruised and nearly scorched away, she was grounded and with her forelegs stiff and sore, she was careful and cautious with each step. Exhaustion still plagued her, but I suppose that was understandable after the night she’d had.

It seemed ages but it was only hours before that Megaera had nearly been consumed by the fires at Helovia’s Heart. She’d managed to escape the pit with her life, but it had still taken its toll, and even that had not been the end of her troubles. Delivered from the fire, Meg had come face to face with Mauja, and the two had only barely avoided a battle, which surely would have resulted in her own death. Meg was still so very puzzled by her meeting with the great spotted unicorn. She had flown from the fire and in her terror and confusion had nearly attacked him. She’d realized her error before she landed any blows but the cold stallion had stared at her with a fury, yelled at her as spears of ice had erupted from the ground at his feet. When they’d stood head-to-head, she was sure her death was near, but by some miracle she’d calmed the beast, aided by memory and impulse and a last ray of hope, she’d survived.

She’d woken near the great pit and had begun her journey south toward the home she’d only recently found. There was a part of her that still had doubts, that feard they’d turn her away when they saw her in this state, when they knew how stupid she’d been. And her had been stupid. The impulsive and recklessness that had driven her so close to the edge could be blamed on no one but Meg, and even Mauja, whose had appearance had distracted her and caused her to fall, hadn’t pushed her himself. You never think, Meg! You are always trying to prove something, and to who? she continued to berate herself as the walked stiffly south. Each step was a trial, and a reminder of her own stupidity. Stupid girl! You didn’t kill your father, didn’t escape that life only to throw it away now! Meg had never been so ashamed of herself. She wouldn’t blame the herd if they turned her away now, but she prayed that they wouldn’t. Surely they’d take her, Africa had been so kind, and Alina, dear little sister would still want her, wouldn’t they?

-lainespeak-
Tags: @[Satanic Silk]
Notes: Anyone is welcome to join!! Here is the extent of Meg's wing damage, she'll be able to fly again after she molts in the spring.

Image Credits
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE

His mind was lost in the clouds, and his mind has taken off with his heart. Floating on cloud nine, as the saying went. Though nothing at all was certain, he knew what his heart was screaming to the sky. Beating full close to bursting. He knew what he felt was true and there was no denying it. Perhaps he could keep it secret for awhile longer, or mask it and make it seem so much simpler than it really was. Not from himself. His heart was full, full of love. Head over heels type of love and he could not deny it to himself, nor could he pretend that she had not pierced his hide, bypassed the tough exterior, and found the soft tenderness that was deep inside him. Africa. From the moment he'd met her he'd wanted to know what it was she did, what happened to her, her wants and desires, her fears. And he'd wanted to protect her, from all that hurt her and from all that could possibly do her harm in the future. Most of all, he wanted to protect her from herself, from the self-loathing that she held and perhaps even semi-denied. She spoke to him in riddles, never truly answering the questions that sought the depth of her soul. He was torn on whether to ask again, to find out the answer, or to let her be and let her answer on her own time. But would she ever open up to him? It was stupid, really. He'd met her twice. There was no good reason why she should trust him or ever confess the secrets of her heart and past. But he asked her to all the same.

Silk wasn't sure what she felt for him. He hoped it was the same, and he had an idea that she at least felt something. But she was covering it up, restraining it. Afraid of it. He could feel it, and when he touched her she could feel the anxiety and tenseness of her body next to his. He did not want her to be afraid.. he would let her come to it on her own. Accept or deny her feelings on her own. He was the pushy type but he sensed that pushing would only backfire. He had to step back and give her breathing space.

And then there she was. Not Africa. Someone else. Practically in front of his face he'd been so distracted. He could tell it was a mare through her scent but not a thing more, for the smell of burnt flesh and burnt feathers covered up whatever more her odor would have told him. Lobes twitched back, nares flared, and he put the brakes on, stopping a few yards away. As long as she wasn't on fire he was not in danger, but his body did not want to move an inch closer to the repulsive stench, at least not until he knew who she was. He blinked a couple times, regaining his sense of his surroundings and took in the pitiful sight before him. A simply colored bay pegasus was trudging and tripping before him. Clearly, she was the one behind the smell of burning. He blinked a few times more as he took in the wounds she must have recently suffered. Knees, nose, chest, wings. Some feathers were burnt off and he could smell the burnt hair, the boils on her flesh. He grimaced - that had to hurt like a motherfucker.

So he asked the obvious question, bringing her from her reverie if she hadn't noticed him yet. "What the fuck happened to you?"

WC: 609
Pardon my rambling
Satanic Silk
[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

megaera</style>
wake me up when it's all over

Still puzzling over the events of the previous night as well as on keeping all her feet firmly underneath her, Meg didn’t notice the black stud as he approached. She’d always lacked that extra keen awareness that many possessed; not that she was incapable of it, but she was so rarely still enough or quiet enough, and though she was a far cry from her normal rowdy self this morning, she was still far to distracted.

Her head lifted when the beast spoke, and for a moment she forgot her pain. What a strange sight this stallion was! A Pegasus to be sure, but never had she seen one with wings of that sort, a leathery skin stretched over the bones and no feathers, save for the cluster of red ones tied in his silvery mane. The blood-colored feathers were in about the same place as the shard of bone tied into her own mane, and vaguely, Megaera wondered if they were some kind of trophy as well. The stallion wore a bit of a grimace, and Meg’s hackles rose before she remembered that she must look a bit of a fright, and the lingering smell of fire and blood still clung to her. The stallion’s words were a bit brusque but they didn’t bother her as much as his presence in general.

True, the mare had hoped to find some kind of company, but this unknown stallion set her a bit on edge. She assumed her was of Dragon’s throat, but the common smell of the herd was harder for her to detect when her sense had been dulled when assaulted by the fire the previous night; she was also so very new to the herd herself that she hadn’t really gotten a handle on it yet. She wasn’t sure what to expect, or what to say for that matter… She certainly wasn’t proud of what had happened the might before, and she wasn’t sure she could trust the new acquaintance. Meg held back the aggressive retort that she might have normally used, she was in no state to be picking fights today. “A bit of trouble at Helovia’s Heart.” she started evasively. Her legs shuffled uncomfortably, but the earthen toned mare stayed where she was and squared her body to face the stallion. “I am Megaera, new to the Throat. I'm making my way back the the oasis. Who are you.” She kept her voice steady, but is was still low and a bit raspy from the smoke that had scratched at it.

Image Credits
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Silk took into consideration the mare before him. She seemed stupid enough to have gotten too close to the fire. She made it sound like it was simply an accident, but he couldn't help but wonder if that was simply a cover for being up to no good. Sounded like him, honestly. Though he would make sure to not walk away injured. A hint of a smirk spread across his face, and he tried to hide it before she saw. No need to be laughing at his own jokes, that was just sad. Speaking of sad... "Well, it makes you look rather pathetic." It wasn't said in a snappy tone, but more of a gentle scold. He approached a little closer, hoping his nostrils would adjust to the smell so that he could stop making strange faces. He liked fire, but he didn't like burnt things. Who did? Save the burning for the wood and coal. He twitched his silver tail and flapped his lips at her. "Satanic Silk. I am also new here..." He grunted. "New-ish." He wondered what the other herd members would comment about her disheveled appearance. He chuckled a little bit. Maybe they would think she was a completely different new member, due to her altered image. Maybe not, she wasn't burned that badly, was she? Of course, if identity change was the goal, perhaps he could be of assistance. His ears twitched, his head cocked to the side, and he barely stifled an evil cackle. Of course what the mare would not guess about his cackle was that he was just joking, mostly.

WC: 286
Satanic Silk
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

megaera</style>
wake me up when it's all over

Meg had always been one to jump straight into a fight, growing up, she’d never had a choice, and it was still her first instinct. This morning she was sore and scarred and tired, which already had put her in what wasn’t exactly the most tolerant of moods and now the stallion was laughing. Is this son of a bitch serious? True, she’d been reckless, but what gave him the right to scold her for it? “I didn’t ask for your opinion on my appearance.” Her ears were laid flat to her black mane as she gave an rather annoyed shake of her head. The fact that she was injured and would be best served by simply moving on did not enter into her thoughts, she just narrowed her eyes as he came closer. Ignoring the painful twinges that came with each movement, Meg angled every part of her body towards the stallion. Her posture wasn’t exactly aggressive, but she made it clear that she was not about to be pushed around by the stallion, no matter how tall or uninjured me might be compared to her.

His malicious little cackle set her off like a spark She started forward angrily, and in her anger, she didn’t seem as disturbed by her injuries, though surely they’d pain her all the more later. “Listen here, you bat-winged bastard. I doubt you’d look as good coming out of that god damned fire pit!” She stopped a few paces from the silver-haired beast. “If you disagree, I’ll be happy to shove you in, of not, you can back the fuck off and let me be.”

Image Credits
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure

Though the mare before him was posturing, Silk did not feel the slightest bit threatened. He had certainly faced much more intimidating targets before, and she wasn't even close. He chuckled thrust out his wings, holding them up and facing her as if lifting up hands to symbolize backing off. He enjoyed the tease but obviously she was not in a teasing mood. Not his problem, but he'd be nice about it. She threatened to push him in Helovia's Heart, and a deep, friendly chuckle rumbled in his belly and out through his velvety lips. "I enjoy fire very much, Meg my sweet. But I don't care to swim in it." He tucked his wings back against his muscular body again and cocked his head. To himself he wondered why she was so defensive, and what had inspired her to go swimming in the fire pit in the first place. He snickered again at the thought, softly so she could not hear him.

He paused a moment, and the silence was tangible, pregnant, and weighing heavily on him. There was something out in the air, out and about. It was not friendly, it was very evil and the thickening air and darkening skies spoke to that. His ears slowly swiveled back and he turned his attention back to Meg. "I do not mean to end our lovely time together so soon, but I think we should seek shelter. There is some evil out here, and it is not safe." He would like to see this Meg again, but out here in the open, even in their homeland, did not seem like the right time or place. They both needed to get somewhere safe before they regretted their boldness against the wickedness.

Satanic Silk
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

@[Satanic Silk] Shall we say this thread done for now? We'll have them meet up again later for sure!
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure

Yush :)
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread