the Rift

{[Open/Parelia]} Truth be told.

Kayen Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
{This thread is open to @[Parelia] and anyone else that may wish to join in. (: Don't exactly know where I'm going to go with Kayen as of yet.}

The cold breeze that touched the tall, slender stallion's coat was an unfamiliar, unwelcome thing. His fur was thin from his life before, and the temperatures that met him here were new to him to say the least. With a twitch of his ears, Kayen looked left and right slowly, surveying the land he had come to. He didn't know what he was seeking or his motive behind traveling, but it was an urge that had long since been engraved into his very being. He wasn't one for standing still and staying in one place or with one group, but he was willing to try now that he knew what it was like to truly travel.

The stallion had come from a place quite a ways away, and the sights here were rather odd. He wasn't used to seeing some of the creatures that now walked across in plain view, nor was he accustomed to the tall mountains that towered above the grounds ominously in the background.

Kayen knew he had to find fresh water, for it had been a few days since he'd taken a drink. His throat seemed to crack and contract with every breath he took, and the cold that met him made it just that much worse. True, the weather and temperatures weren't exactly the worst, but for him, it felt like he'd entered an arctic wonderland.. especially since he had come from a more dry, arid background.

With a soft snort into the wind, he flicked his long tail and walked on with a smooth, extended gait. Thanks to his Akhal-teke blood, the stallion could travel for quite a long time without tiring, but he felt near the end of his limit. His lungs stretched beneath his chest as he took in a few solid, deep breaths, his one blue eye continuing to look around for any other new sights. He glanced down at his hooves as he walked, noticing the marks they made in the ground. It was surprisingly soft footing, more so than he was used to, but the moisture in the ground was causing his frogs and soles to ache.

Parelia Posts: 210
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 :: 7:: Frostfall HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Penna :: Peregrine Falcon :: None Parelia
She had wondered here with one thing in mind, to attempt to recruit new members to her family. She kept her ears and eyes alert moving quietly through the trees her wings pulled close to her sides. It hurt her still tender right side and left wing, but it was only stretching healed muscles and tendons. Her honey brown eyes gazed out from her dainty cremello Arabian face. Her ears twitched picking up the sound of hooves, and redirecting her step towards them. Her delicate nostrils picked up the scent of a stallion moments before she could spy him. Bright eyes roved over his handsome frame, taking in the tall muscular body, stunning white wings, and silver dapples. She allowed herself to gaze for a moment longer before stepping out to greet him. Her sweet tinkling voice wafting into the air, "Hello stranger, I am Parelia. Welcome to Helovia." She smiled at him as she approached stopping a good neck length away.

Her warm smile was only a ploy she did not feel comfortable like she once would have around this much taller stallion. She sighed inwardly, 'If only I hadn't be ambushed, I would still allow myself to be that trusting mare.' She thought bitterly watching the handsome silver dappled paint. He seemed to look friendly enough, but looks could be devising. She herself had a painted mask of trust and friendship on her dished face. Her voice bubbled up again, "I am here to offer you any assistance here." Since her first time walking through these trees she had come back, conquering her fear of the tight knit trees and mapping out the land. She knew almost every nook and cranny around the Threashold.

Walking "Talking"’Thinking’
Words: 286
OOc:; Sorry it sucks, it'll get better (still half asleep)
Parelia
[Image: 54a664c1065ed][Image: 542f83afbdf08]
Please tag Parelia! Attack at anytime

Unregistered
Kayen was naive at best in this new land, to say the least. Not being particularly familiar with any form of negative behavior in his short life. Sure, his family herd quarreled sometimes, but that was about the extent of it. He had never witnessed any fights or true battles out of anger. If anything what he had experienced was an annoyance above all else. He inhaled slowly, shutting his eyes for a few moments. It may take awhile, but he could get used to this land. The smell of everything was almost fresh compared to his old home.. not because of quality, but because of the newness of it all. A sound however caused his ear to twitch, and the scent of a stranger filled his nostrils. He opened his eyes carefully, turning to face the direction it all came from.

Upon turning, a rather pretty mare walked into his range of vision. She was a small, delicate looking creature with pretty cremello markings. He lowered his head slightly to get a better look, and she seemed to be coming his way as well. Kayen nearly jumped out of his skin when she started talking, as he had just noticed the teal markings upon her coat. That was something he'd never seen before on any breed he'd ever come across.

"It is nice to make your acquaintance, Parelia. I am Kayen, and I thank you for your welcome." His deep, ringing baritone was friendly, and his face was practically glowing with kindness. He was a nice pegasus, set in his ways even at a young age. There was no reason not to be, in his mind, and he couldn't tell the difference between her expression and real trust. He was quite happy he had come across a friendly soul first off.

Notes:

Talking

Word count: 303

OOC; Mine will too in time, just trying to warm up to the style again. (:

Parelia Posts: 210
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 :: 7:: Frostfall HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Penna :: Peregrine Falcon :: None Parelia
He really was a quite handsome stallion, towering above her, like most did. She directed her shinning honey brown orbs towards his own mix matched ones. As his own smile spread over his features, her fears relaxed if only slightly. He looked so honest, so innocent and kind, there was no way he could be lying. Some part of her no matter how small still held a little distrust for this dappled paint stallion. 'Mental scars run the deepest.' She thought her mind wondering slightly to the thought of Oxy. Parelia watched his gaze flit over her teal markings something like wonder shooting across his stunning face. Her ears tiled forward curiously, had he never seen horses with odd markings before, boy was he in for a shock around here then. She flicked her head absently her short mowhawk like mane wiggling slightly.

As his voice rang out with a name and a thank you she smiled warmly at him, this time her smile genuine and whole-hearted. She was suddenly tongue tied unsure what to say as she gazed up at Kayen. He looked tired and worn out, "Is there anything you need?" She smiled softly unsure what he might be in need of then it clicked of why she was here in the first place. She put on her best impression of a diplomat she could, a playful smile touching her eyes. "This place is called the Threashold, as far as I know it is the only way in or out of Helovia. People, like myself, come here to pick up lost or traveling souls. We recruiter people into our herd." She added the last bit so it didn't sound so creepy. She smiled playfully at him before speaking again. in her normal tinkling voice "I'm not a diplomat, but I can still bring people to my home. I'm from the Wind Tossed Foothill. At the base of the mountain, were the wind and snow are mostly block, so winters aren't that terrible." She knew she was rambling, but it was hard not to when she was staring at such a marvelous stallion.

Walking "Talking"’Thinking’
Words: 354
Parelia
[Image: 54a664c1065ed][Image: 542f83afbdf08]
Please tag Parelia! Attack at anytime

Unregistered

KAYEN

"Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn, whatever state I may be in, therein to be content." -Helen Keller

Kayen was used to being quite large, and his family herd had always teased him slightly for it. Since his father was a rogue stallion in his previous home, unable to settle down, he figured he got the height from him. His mother had typically avoided questions about him, though she had agreed to that one little fact. She had been a 15.1hh Akhal-teke, with very dainty limbs and wings. That's where he had inherited his almost bone structure, yet the muscle and height were from his father. He hadn't wanted to stay, and so the stallion in his mother's herd had taken him under his wing. If Kayen had wanted to stay, eventually he would come to watch over and protect the group as the head, but he had wanted to travel. Thankfully, he would always be welcome back home. He left with no ill will.

He glanced down at her with a smile, his eyes meeting her honey brown ones. She was daintier than his mother. He had seen breeds like her, but he couldn't put a name to the figure. But her facial structure was definitely new to him, coming from a herd with slight roman noses. That was an Akhal-Teke for you. Kayen pawed the ground lightly as she spoke, a habit.

"The Threshold? An odd name, I must say, but this land is full of confusions and surprise," He spoke with a slight chuckle, glancing around and then directing his gaze back to Parelia. "I would love for some water, first, if you know where to find some, but your herd sounds quite interesting as well." Kayen's deep voice was honest. Thinking about an area where the winters were warmer made him happy. He was a warm weather horse, that was for sure. "I would also love for you to tell me more about yourself, Parelia."

He wasn't a charmer, or a lady killer, or anything of the sort. Just honest, and almost charming in the fact of his naivety. Kayen knew how to protect himself, but tended to just give everyone the benefit of the doubt. He was in no way stupid.

Talking

"Words: 362."