the Rift

[OPEN] Prove Your Worth[Acceptance/Welcoming]

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx
déodat,

The Blood Prince had ensured the journey would be a hard one. He had only allowed a single brief break on the way up the mountain, but then continued on at a brisk walk at the least almost the whole way. By the end his muscles were growing sore which wasn’t exactly the most pleasant of feelings, because he knew he had patrols to do not too long after this mare earned her approval, especially since nightfall was starting to roll in. The scent of the Basin was caught on the cool wind that blew against his face. Home was very near.

“Step lively now we’re almost there,” he called over to the mare, and he shifted his gait to a trot. Hopefully the leaders of the herd wouldn’t find themselves occupied for Déodat wanted the approval process to go as quickly as possible so he could go along with his other duties. Recruiting had its importance but he had other focuses and he wasn’t precisely the incarnation of diplomacy. In fact, diplomacy had vanished after the fall of his clan. All that mattered to him now was the art of war and bloodshed. Let the unicorns like Lena find the souls within the Threshold and pull them back toward home. The Blood Prince knew he would never be the type for warm smiles and welcomes.

Once they reached the border he stopped, and then looked over at Valhalia. “Stop here, otherwise you’ll be intruding… We’ll just wait here until the lord or lady comes. Give them the utmost respect or I’ll kick your ass.” He kept his tone soft enough that only the spotted mare would be able to catch them. Then he turned his gaze and gave out a loud neigh, letting the others know of his presence. Now would be the time to see whether or not this mare would truly be of use to the Basin.

[@[Valhalia] first please and then feel free to say hello]
"Speech speech speech"

Is that an angel which flew down from the twilight sky?
Is that a fiend which crawled out from a crevice?.

image credits
[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

Valhalia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The long distances walked while arriving to the foreign land had toughened the mare up, but in the end too much walking was a tire. Of course Valhalia managed to keep her pace briskly, but felt the dull aching of muscles, like after an elongated battle. Groaning internally, the mare forced herself to ignore the pain like a true warrior, holding her head high and continuing trudging up the mountain. It wasn't the weather that bothered her, unlikely, for she rejoiced in the frigid air prickling at her coat. A gust of wind blew on the two unicorns, bringing in the scents of the Basin. New to her, the mare twitched her nose noticing the fading colors of a changing sky. Night was approaching quickly.

Her slower pace was now urged into a quicker gait, trotting a little bit to the side of Deodat. A smirk played upon her velvety lips as she silently anticipated meeting the leaders of the Basin, to present herself as someone useful that got down to business. "Can't wait", though her tone sounded unenthusiastic, inside she was bursting with anticipation. This was the chance to rejoin a herd so much like her old one, dominated by their kind. The tawny stallion besides her flank seemed grim, emotionless without a smile. Of course, he probably was impatient, itching to get back home, as was Valhalia.

Abruptly stopping, silver orbs met harsh violet ones as he addressed her almost like a child. Resisting the urge to scoff and roll her eyes, the mare stood firmly in the ground. "I know my boundaries", in fact she knew all about territorial feuds and when to venture into enemy turf. The mare wasn't idle to the fact of living herd life, especially a herd life lived as brutally as hers. "But don't worry, you won't need to give me an ass kicking, because I know some things about respect", cold tones rang out, listening to the resonant neigh filling in the valley. Now all they had to do was wait for the leaders to appear.

//Sorry for the wait, but I needed to get my rank changed ^^

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
"Deodat!"

Her voice rises over the small hillocks splayed between the entryway and the lake front, her attentions drawn to the gate by the familiar scent and figure of the soldier. She likes this particular man, their relationship having begun in an ice cavern to the south after the rains had sealed them in. The painted stallion, while surely of a warrior’s heart, was also intelligent and capable of conversation, and was a handsome sight to behold, and the Lady, even before she had been such things, felt a peculiar fondness for him.

Especially after his timely warning of the beasts in the Marsh, allowing her to have prepared for some of the chaos before it struck them. She only wished that there had been more time, that the great bronze unicorn she slipped past to greet the stallion and a new arrival (she assumed) had been allowed to be completed. The beauty of the creation of the Engineer in unison with the desperation of their plight left her with an odd ache in her chest, though as usual, it was covered up with a bright and gleaming smile, so very like the metallic sheen which graces her body.

"You didn’t meet any…obstacles on your way up, did you? And who have we here?" she asks while drawing to a halt nearest the familiar male, golden gaze sweeping across the features of the mare that accompanies him. The woman reminds her of the girl, Frost Fyre, who had been among them for as long as Illynx had been returned from her travels, her rump white and flecked with the same patterning that she believed was called a blanket.

It was a good look, for the mountains, at least, giving the female the appearance of being covered by snow, much as Torleik appeared to be streaked with it, and Tolio dipped gracefully into a pool of white flakes. Her admiration and calculations whirled about in her mind as her eyes studied the newest member of the herd, seeking for any reason to disapprove of her in a physical means, but finding none.

Now, it would be time to test who she was.

"I am the Lady Illynx, one of the leaders of the mountain," cheerfully pronounces the bitch, though inside she slightly regrets her acceptance of this position while faced with so much darkness, "alongside the Lord Deimos." She doesn’t even bother looking over her shoulder for the ebonite buffoon, half expecting him to be hiding from those who might talk to him and the other half of her believing him to be on patrols. Either way, he wasn’t near her – and that was just fine by the woman.

Illynx
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Valhalia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
A feminine voice, toned with a kindred spirit and with a delighted sound floated to the ears of the tawny mare. Silver orbs gazed with hidden expectancy, knowing that this had to be the Basin mare. Sweeping her with a golden gaze, Valhalia didn't kiss up to her, kneeling for forgiveness--no. Craning her neck downwards in a respectful bow lasting for a few moments, she elegantly raised her cranium to gaze once more at the woman with intrigue. "I am Valhalia, a mare at your service. I am a vessel for fighting, use me as one of your protectors for the Basin". With another head bow, Deodat seemed to be out of the picture as she addressed the regal woman.

It was the very reason she was birthed and weaned by her mother, raised by the harsh attitude of her father. War and fighting was an everyday aspect of of her life, something that the tawny mare was accustomed to. The frigid mountains and snow blanketed ground suited her well, a habitat that she grew up in. The Basin, the idea of the unicorn's supremacy was a perfect fit for Valhalia, and she was willing to embrace it. Observant and quiet, the mare continued sizing her up, and the tawny woman straightened up a little better just in case she needed a better look.

What she might see was a slender, curvaceous mare framed by a petite form. There was a possibility of her seeing a delicate flower, one that with too much exposure to the heat or cold would wither up and die. But Valhalia was sure and ready to prove all of these visions wrong. How much satisfaction struck her when the awed faces of horses gaped, seeing such a flirtatious bitch as her self transform into a killing machine.

"It is a pleasure Lady Illynx. I wish to serve you well", seriousness laced her cold voice. Though she came off as flirty, coy and sarcastic, the tawny woman treated her own kind with utter respect. In her vision, they completely deserved such lavish delicacy. "That is if you accept me to be a warrior...If I must prove my use", not a challenging, but a haughty smirk played upon her maw, eager to fight whomever was thrown to her. Still considerate, Valhalia continued to position her neck downwards in a tilt which seemed like a tiny bow.