the Rift

[OPEN] The grasp of Autumn [Boa]

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
Cyan eyes were a lit in a jovial mood as the strong Arabian trotted back to the Foothills, along with the mare, Boa that chose to follow him back. Luckily, he had to competition to recruit her, only meeting the Basin stallion (that had once mocked him). At first she had been withdrawn, too shy to even speak in consent to coming to the Foothills, but in the end though, she began showing a hidden side. Truly, in his eyes she seemed happy and open with an innocent soul. The sky was bright with the morning sun's rays shining lightly upon the two ivory horses. His pace was more leisure today, slower and calmer for he wasn't in a haste to get back to the Foothills. It was as if he traveled to fast for the other recruits, so he would give exhausted Boa a break.

Craning his neck backwards to face the snowy fae, he kindly spoke with excited tones, hoping to muster a conversation. "So, Boa, are you excited you're coming back to the Foothills? I know you'll really enjoy it here", turning back to face fowards, his enlighted stance remained. Trees started parting, showing the rolling hills that were part of his home. "So, how did you come to the land of Helovia?" That was the last question he would ask before continuing ahead to the border of the Foothills. A soft breeze blew through, ruffling up the mane of the ivory warrior as they continued on, refreshing him from the strange wave of heat right now.

//that post was crap and written pretty fast >.<

Micha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Something was different, very different.

The last thing that the wraith could remember was darkness. That was it. No memories, no words, no feelings were existed. It had wrapped her in a blanket, so warm, so cool, and now, she was this.

A dark horse, unrecognizable, coal eyes stared at the white stallion. Before, this being was Micha. A lovely, nice mare who cared for this stallion. Now, she was a black fiend, without a soul. Parts of her cheek were hanging precariously from her face, threatening to fall in chunks to the ground below. Her stomach look as if it was falling out, but the girl felt no pain. Nothing at all. In fact, she was starting to be filled with an insatiable hunger.

From deep within the foothills, she stalked Arrane from afar. His white cat and happy mood was rather.. irritating to her. She growled a low, inaudible grumble. Now now.. don't go straying to far. She cackled, low and cold.

As Arrane approached the bush she was crouched under, she couldn't resist. With an awkward, roaring grumble she jumped at the stallion. Teeth and mouth clicking together uncontrollably as she bit for all parts of his left side, his stomach, his lower legs, anything she could manage to find purchase on. With an awkward, sideways smile, she laughed. "Lady Darkness shall consume you now." She gave the stallion one more chance to make a
attempt, before she would firmly implant the seed of darkness into his soul.

Hidden Account
Orinthia
His pace was slowed, waiting for the ivory mare, not wanting to stray far ahead of her. Arrane was just overjoyed at the fact of presenting her to his leaders. Boa seemed capable besides first appearances. But then, out of the blue, before Arrane could turn his head back to call to her, a strange feeling over came him. It is said that stares were so intense, that creatures could feel something staring at them from even behind them. That was the case with the warrior stallion, as intuition was screeching at him to halt and stay where he was.

The nervous prickly feeling didn't go away, but the laid back stallion brushed it off, but remained alert. Ears pricked in the air, something burst out of the bushes with a warning growl. A whinny of surprise erupted from Arrane as he narrowly dodged the quick aimed bites of a rogue horse. "What the hell?!" His first intentions were to thrust Boa out of danger, but if he did that then the horse would have ripped his flesh off already. "BOA, GET BACK!" His tone was protective, as cyan eyes faced the monster before him.

But the mare wasn't a monster. It was Micha, an odd, wrong looking Micha. Pieces of her cheek were ripped up, fleshy red evident. Her flanks and underbelly were torn with innards exposed to the earth. Arrane resisted the urge to vomit and calmly gaze at her with a ready stare. His first intentions were to protect Boa at all costs, and his herd. In this state, possessed by some demon, Arrane would have to exterminate Micha, a little filly that had grown on him in order to protect the others.

"No lady darkness will consume me demon. Be gone from Micha, or I will destroy you under my hooves", voice lowered to a growl, ears were pinned back as his teeth were exposed in a snarl. He would be damned if he let a child, as quick as she was, defeat him in a fight. Arrane was a warrior after all, and all kindness had disappeared, for loyalty and instinct told him to defend, defend, defend.

Boa Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Arrane spoke to her, asking her if she was exited to be in the foothills. She responded clearly, "Yes, Arrane, I love it here already! I am convinced that this place will make a fine home for me.." she trailed, only to leave Arrane to his next question. How had she come across the land of Helovia. "Well, when my parents died.. I just ran. Not knowing where to go or what I was doing. I had then finally came across Helovia. I had been scared at first, but I am older now." She finished, although she didn't feel old, she knew she was. She was a small hometown girl on the inside, but she was a tall and sturdy woman on the outside. She was just trapped. But she kept quite, to wanting to tell Arrane this.

The white stallion had gotten ahead of her. After she had answered his questions. When Boa had trotted up to Arrane, he had slowed his pace, and seemed to be thinking about something. As his cyan eyes showed.
A loud growling thing had suddenly flew out of the undergrowth, it's eyes vicious, chunks of bloody skin scarped at it's cheeks, it stomach was ripped apart. A scary sight Boa would say, but she was too busy being scared. Arrane had yelled out, then he had tried to protect her, his face serious. He yelled at her to get back. But Boa knew this creature. This was the one that had ripped her parents to shreds. The one that had killed her family. A wraith of darkness. Something, a cloud of mist had turned this filly, and how where they going to fight it? Run?

.... Run.

They would run from the beast. But how would Boa get Arrane out of defense mode? She didn't know. But she did know one thing she could do...

Arrane then called the monster Micha, and threatened to crush her. But Boa knew a way without bloodshed. "Arrane!" she yelled to him. "Please, I know what to do..." she stopped. She then, screetched at the top of her lungs, bird flew from the treetops..."RUN!"

Micha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
The cackle that she let fly was amazing. It was dark, could and soul-less with a demonized echo. Darkness had shredded her mind and soul. A newness, deep within her had already been enhanced and spurred by these pitiful creatures. The white, pretty one spoke of a Micha. How funny. Micha did not exist. Micha was dead.

A sneer crossed her face as she circled the white stallion. A large, sideways, meaty smile. The black skin that hung from the side of her mouth swayed gently in the breeze. She chattered her teeth together. Shuddering with pure demonic power.

She stopped as she rounded the stallion, casting a lowly acidic stare to the mare. Another laugh rumbled deep from her chest. It was wet, sounding as if her lungs were filled with fluid. She looked with delight as her body heaved towards the too. Then, from her lungs spewed a disgusting fluid.

It was a dark, sickening green. Black flecks that looked to be consuming the green slime covered some of the droplets. A foul odor was let out, and it flew in the direction of the two, surely covering at least Arrane who had been so kind as to give his life for a newcomer. Silly boy. Life that is taken is life that is taken. It all meant the same to her, if he wished to try and save her, then why not.

As the fit of coughing spluttered to a halt she lunged at the two, wanting to instill fear into them. The fear of darkness. "The Micha you speak of isn't here.. darling." A sneeze from her nose spluttered out more infectious materials. "I'm Nihasa darling. Your worst nightmare." her voice rang eerily demonic. Eyes smoldered with the pure cockiness and confidence of one possessed by the devil. Or worse.

[ooc;// I don't want to mutilate them, unless you want physical harm, i'll leave that up to you. However, she is trying to infect them with body-ness. If you wish for one of both of you to be injured, you can have them fight, or flee.]

@[Random Event]

Hidden Account
Orinthia

ARRANE
I will always be there, for you
\
GIbber gabber blah blah blah

A smile played upon his maw, hearing that Boa was truly excited to get back to the Foothills. It was now a time where Arrane thought he could start making a new friend, someone to hold close and speak to. Social, and laid back, the white stallion awaited to arrive. "You don't have to be scared any longer. You have me, and the rest of the horses in the Foothills", offering a supportive shoulder willing to listen to whatever she wanted to say, the stallion offered another kindred grin.

But that had all changed after he was faced off by a zombified Micha.

The warrior was braced for a fight, deeply disgusted as to how his little friend was now. What the hell had possessed the inquisitive little filly that he had grown to tolerate with friendship? But then confused, Boa yelled to him, momentarily snapping out of his defensive mode. But he didn't just stand there, he backed up in case she decided to attack. "Boa", a mere whisper emitted from his lips as he turned back to gaze on the mutilated filly.

A bone chilling screech resonated out of her chest. Run! Flattening his ears, Arrane had to trust Boa. In his heart, he did trust the ivory mare, and decided to turn tail. They needed to sound a warning to the Foothills. A horrifying, deep green liquid spewed out of Micha, causing Arrane's stomach to want to heave. The odor that followed was horrendous, the stench of rotting and death. He couldn't fight back for he knew in his bones that he might be like that if he got caught.

Backing up, and slightly stumbling on an upturned rock, he heard the words she spoke. "Fuck you", foul words slipped out of his mouth, and later on, Arrane would remember to apologize to Boa for such language. But now, save Boa. Save the Foothills. He could only wish, that in the future, Micha will be save. "RUN BOA, RUN!" Turning swiftly around, ears pinned, he ran so close to the mare that his body rubbed against her. He wanted to lead her, a different direction to the core of the Foothills. Since Micha was blocking one of the main ways.

He slowed slightly, waiting for Boa to react, but by the terrified look on her face, the stallion knew she would probably be racing ahead by now. "We need to get back to the Foothills and warn everybody", voice rushed out, between pants and utterly dismayed. "Follow me". To be truthful. Arrane was truly scared. Eyes widened, voice higher pitched, he was a fearless warrior, but this was an entirely different matter.

"Talking"
Words: 446
OOC:; //Arrane is fleeing to sound an alarm to the Foothills, and trying to save Boa, but you can have Micha pursue them/him :3

Boa Posts: N/A
Unregistered
A liquid had squirted from the mare's mouth, the mad animal-like thing was a scary sight, Boa didn't want to leave Arrane to deal with it, so she tryed to fight it. Her nose inhaling the horrible stench of death, and cold blood. Her blue eyes looked away from the creature, her heart could not let her see the wretched thing again, for it was to evil. Her spirit did not like the sight of it, and it had forced her to look away.
She was scared he would die, or she would die. A man fighting was a different sight, usually the woman would fight, but she liked Arrane's brave heart. "Arrane, come on! We have to alert the Foothills!" She tried to tell him, but he had just cussed at the creature, and Boa didn't like it.

He had yelled at her to run, her eyes flashed with hope as he stepped back, only to press agents her, he seemed like he wanted to push her in the right direction, but how would she know which way to go? "Arrane, I don't know which way to go!" She screeched to him. She did not want to leave him. But he spoke in a higher voice, his stomach heaving. He told her to follow him. "Arrane! come on!" She yelled trying to push him off her. "We have to tell them! We have to tell them about this wraith!" She tryed to meet his cyan eyes, only to fall at his weight.

She forced herself to her hooves, her body working hard. "Mare of darkness..." she spoke in a chanting voice. "Leave this land!"

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Arrane tries to flee! Arrane remains uninfected.

Boa does not run. She becomes infected.