the Rift

[OPEN] Rotten to the core

Crake Posts: 19
Deceased
Colt :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 1 year
Sarah

He was here but this wasn’t his destination. He was trying to get home. Ha, home. It felt like home now, but it wasn’t really home, was it? It was that other colt’s home, the name is slipping from his mind. He could not even focus on the name of the place he was trying to get to anymore – it felt as though it was hidden behind a fog.

A fog made out of sulphur, like the one following him around.

His entire mind is slipping from him but it doesn’t feel bad. There are certain drives propelling him forward, mostly the need to get back to home. That cold land where everyone looked like him. It felt important, to go there and to infect everyone that he could. He was carrying a great gift and he felt excited to spread it to them as soon as possible.

He was close, he knew, but he wasn’t entirely sure which way to go now. It was hard, only being able to see through one eye while the other dangled uselessly from the socket. It made a funny little thwack every time he moved his head too quickly – banging against his hollow cheek. His eyes had clouded over when he changed, much like the rest of them – the good one nothing more than a dull black and the other, after popping out, had become infested with mould. Well, he didn’t know that because he couldn’t see it but his writer knows and so will anyone walking up.

Crake did not feel like Crake anymore. He had changed, shifted. He wondered if there were others like him, if they felt this way. If they couldn’t remember who they were or where they were from. “Basin.” The word slipped from the puke-green colt’s mouth as he remembered, his voice rough and accompanied by a fit of coughing.

So much fungus in his lungs, so much fungus everywhere. It bled through his skin, creating patches that bled with his blood and black ooze.

And always that cloud.

Evening was coming, promise of those awful lights dancing across the sky soon. He longed for the darkness and the shadows that had birthed this form. They would caress him and make him feel strong. Strong enough to make the journey to his home.

CRAKE
the night is dark and full of terrors

Open for anyone who's interested!

So zombie-crake is zombie - he carries a rather nasty infection that could spread through touch or the air if he got close enough. He won't try to infect/attack your character unless you give me permission to do so, otherwise you can feel free to harass him a bit ;)

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
 Have you ever noticed how every hurricane gets its name from a girl like this?
You're gonna wish you had a storm warning; you're gonna wish you had a sign.
</style>

I am beautiful. I should be - do you know who my parents are? Phaedra the Opulent, and Tolio the Badass. Both dreamy, and both awesome. So, it should come as no surprise to you, that I'm the same.

But just in case there was any confusion, I am.

Anyways. Today, I'm just out for a stroll. I mean, actually I'm looking for Ru, but shhhh. I don't want her to know that. Obviously.

Oh wait - up ahead. Eewwwww. What's that? It...doesn't look so good. WAIT! Oh yes! I know what this is! It's my prince! He's been infected by some horrible disease, and I'm going to save him! Then he'll turn back into a handsome prince! Oh how wonderful! (Dangit, why isn't Ru here to see this?!)

I prance forward - making sure my creamy locks spill behind me perfectly. The light makes my coat glisten as I stride forth, ever confident, even as a youth.

"Hello there-!" I call, tossing my head and looking adorable. But not in a childish way of course, in a very grown-up way.
"I'm here to save you. I can purify you know and - " But as I get closer, I trail off.

I mean, he is really quite hideous. What if...this is a mistake? Well...It can't hurt to practice my magic just a little, can it? So I stop, and wait for him to look at me. I make sure my eyelashes flutter once he does, and toss the hair from my sea-green gaze. I try to repress a shudder, silently reminding myself that I am a lady, and that soon, he will be a prince.

Soon he will be a prince..

"-So if you just stand there, I'll just...I'll just heal you then, shall I?"

(infect awwwaaay!)

Image Credits

Crake Posts: 19
Deceased
Colt :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 1 year
Sarah

He had not expected anyone to approach him. Certainly not someone that seemed so… happy at the prospect. She was taller than him, how embarrassing is that? He wasn’t a very intimidating wraith as a colt. He hadn’t even grown into his…. hooves yet. But just as the thought slid into his mind it slipped out again, forgotten in a haze until a future that did not seem so important in this moment. Only the present.

That word, purify, sent a shiver down his spine. No, no, he was already pure. He had to become sullied and so rank to not be pure but he was it. There was still a part of him that longed for her offer to be genuine and effective – though he did not miss that damn purple – but that part did not last out for long. He was still changing, still being corrupted, even as he stood there and soon, he was sure, there would be nothing left.

As she continued to speak – he turned to her and his head tilted at an unnatural angle to the side, a grotesque version of a curious little tick as he sized her up. Tilted so that the good eye was up, looking at her, and the other flopped about beneath. The jolt of the movement causing a bit of a tear in the nerve that held it. He would lose it soon, if he continued to be careless with his movements.

“Or I could heal you.” He counter offered in a raspy, phlegm-lubricated voice that was not his own, grinning wickedly even as he subsided into a fit of coughing. Such a pretty thing she was – certainly. Young and beautiful.

Though there were some improvements that could be made. A little rot here, perhaps a missing limb or four.

He reached out quickly, intending only to touch her fair hair for a moment as he mimicked her with a high-pitched “Shall I?” And with that his expression darkened and he went to throw his body into hers, while his rotten teeth looked to find anything to hold onto, scrape or touch. Pity he had not developed harsher teeth in the transformation, he imagined it would be wonderful to tear into her flesh a little bit. Still, a touch should do it.

He had never attacked anyone before – it was rather fun, wasn’t it?

CRAKE
the night is dark and full of terrors

@[Raeden] (I know you're busy, so no rush <3 just thought I'd add a tag in case the post got buried)

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Raeden's ability to purify heals Crake. Crake is no longer infected!