the Rift

[Outcast/Asylum] Fading Beginnings

Skysong Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Skysong
OOC: need someone from asylum to pick up

Massive trees that could hold villages rose from the soft ground, reaching towards the sky with their blazing orange leafs like a flame caught in an updraft. Smaller, gray trees attempted to do the same, but failed miserably when compared to the overbearing redwoods. I stood in the vast landscape they created, feeling so small, so alone. Not even the amusing memories of watching others stare wide eyed at the flossweed here was able to shake the feeling of being so...vulnerable? My dear, you are not vulnerable! No one is around, can't you see. They know! I glanced around to see for myself before whispering to the nonexistent presence. "They know what?" My question was met with silence. My unease building from deep within myself, a snowball made into an avalanche. The voice giggled and was met by a chorus of other voices, the giggle turning into a manic laughter, echoing throughout the woods. Then I realized I was the one laughing. Quickly shutting my mouth I glared around me once more, fearing another may have heard me, but at the same time hoping someone had. Eris. I have to find Eris. She can help. Find Eris. The voices echoed my thoughts.

My wings spread at my new determination, only to fold once again as the canopy above was riddled with branches to collide with, making flight pointless. My nostrils flared, picking up the scent of water even before I heard it. Pace set at a walk, I started forth, carefully distancing myself from any plants that may inflict harm and watching my step for debris. It wasn't long before I heard the faint trickling of a small stream. Reaching it I stopped, looking up and down the narrow waters to be sure I was alone. Dropping my head I began quenching my thirst. POISON! Don't drink it! Spitting and gurgling up water, I flung myself away from the stream, looking at it with fear.

Word Count: 326
OOC: If you know Skysong from her previously being played, please let me know in OOC comments so I don't make a fool out of her hehehe
walking::thinking::"talking"::and the voices only I can hear

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin
You stumble through the woods, like a moron, as always, sighing because you haven't seen your supposed leaders in... how long? Anyways, you don't mind, you've been charged with keeping control of the crazies while the Lesbians are out and you guess you're doing alright. You've recruited three, had a herd meeting and nobody has died. You'll count that as a success. And besides, the longer you keep control of all the nutcases the more likely it is you're going to get a promotion. And, while you're pretty certain you don't need the Lesbains to feel good about yourself, you're convinced you'll get more recognition and respect as a member of a herd than completely on your own. Small steps. You're patient.

So anyways, you're wandering through the woods. Really, you're trying your best to avoid the prodding mind of your new found, unwanted companion. You've got her stuffed in your bag, the flap thoroughly shut, to at least escape her bordering-on-mean antics. You'd chase her off but it's kind of hard to chase off a determined wisp of nothingness, so you've just got to deal with that part. However, you can't escape her mind. No matter what you try, the young cloud of nothing seems to be able to push her way into your thoughts, prodding at you, trying to learn who you are. You try to give her nothing, to give her no ammo to work with, but you can't be stalwart forever. In some moments you break down, she can mentally jab you, make you feel.... you hate her. Almost as much as you hate Ampere.

Anyways, while you're walking you suddenly hear the maniacal sound of laughter and you only shake your head. You don't recognize the voice, but if they're not one of the Asylum's they should be. It takes you a while, but eventually you make your way towards the sound, coming upon whom you think might have made the noise, just as she flings herself away from the stream like a fool. You recognize her from around the swamp, though you don't know her name and have never cared to before. This doesn't make you want to either. Weirdo.

For a moment you glare at her, not caring if she turns to see you or not, but in the end it's not really her who you're glaring at. Since the blackness overtook both the swamp and the ocean you've been rationing your supply of drugs but even your carefully divided vines are beginning to run thin. You're going to have to sober up soon. And it's going to be terrible. You shudder just thinking about it and try to shove the thought away. As if out of spite, your wispy companion begins thinking about it, reminding you of it. She's a cruel little thing. You guess the best way to avoid her is to talk to the.... weirdo throwing herself away from the water. “Why the hell aren't you in the Deep Woods where you belong? Didn't Glass Horn tell you where to go?” You kind of snap at her, not knowing she had been gone.... but she'll get over it. Hopefully.

OOC| They've never officially met but they would have seen one another in passing in the swamp. Glass Horn = Seele, the other leader of the Asylum besides Eris.
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Oxy unless it is in an opening post

Unregistered

Skysong

Chest heaving and heart racing I stare at the creek as though it had betrayed me. My dual colored eyes closed as I waited for something to happen internally, something that verified the voices claim that it had been poison. It looked clean and smelled like water should, but why chance it? Shhh, someone's coming! A snapping twig sounded in the forest. My eyes flashed open, darting around the scene for a sign of another presence nearby. They found nothing but foliage, everything fitting, nothing out of place, even as more footsteps sounded.

Closer. It's getting closer.
"Quiet!" I scolded the voice.
I spun to my right as an ebony beast emerged from behind a large tree. I flared my nostrils catching his unfamiliar scent, and the faint scents of others, more familiar. Eris? No he's not Eris! He isn't real. The stallion spoke in a reprimanding tone, asking about the woods that brought memories flashing forth. Memories of my life before. "I know he's not Eris and of course he's real" I murmured back even as my mind drifted, caught in the few memories of my youth. Glass Horn... Seele? Eris? I raised my head, glancing over the brute, eyes catching the bag across his withers. A bag I remembered seeing in passing, one I wanted but didn't know how to get. His expression didn't look threatening, but I know how easy it is for some of these guys to hide their emotions.

I realized I hadn't answered him, getting flustered and mentally kicking myself for being so dumb. "I can't remember." I replied in a whisper, fearing a beating but respecting the possibility of one as well. I was untrained, and I had still left. Because you have a death wish my dear. "No I don't." I spoke in a louder, frustrated tone in response to the voice. They never understood and we'd had this argument before.
I shifted my weight nervously. Looking at the stallion once more I spoke, "Skysong." Then in a more determined tone, "My name is Skysong, who are you?" My eyes flicked again to his bag, wondering if it had just moved or if that was in my head. Assassins! He's carrying assassins! I rolled my eyes, but still stared at the bag in a wary way, waiting for him to do something other than just standing there.

Word Count: 385
OOC:

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin
Quiet, you hear just as you exit the woods, but you're not really concerned about it. It's not that you think talking to yourself is normal- you most certainly don't. Instead, you think she's talking to you, which would be rather appropriate right now. After all, monsters abound and you're not exactly the quietest thing you've ever heard. So instead of questioning her, you just watch. However, she starts to speak again, clearly not to you, and you raise a metaphorical eyebrow in confusion and annoyance. After all, you're quite certain you're real, and whoever she's confirming this to should already know as well. But never mind that, you are speaking to a crazy woman. You should be used to it.

I can't remember, she offers finally, the first set of words you're certain she's speaking to you. Good enough. At least she's coherent. Not that normality lasts long. It never does. So for a while longer you let her yell at.... what? The trees? Herself? You're not really sure at this point. Skysong. You never did care much for names. But you suppose being rude to her at this point is rather useless. “Oxy, your General.” Ok. That's a little bit of a lie. You're not technically general yet, but you will be. You don't really have any competition that you're worried about.

“Now let's go, we're not safe.” You lay your ears back to punctuate your point. No arguing. She will go with you. Not that she's in much of a place to fight with you about it, being so young and all. So it's only once you're moving, making sure that she's coming as well, that you speak once again. “Evil worse than the Asylum overtook the swamp. We're all gathered in the Deep Forest.” Well, you were. As far as you know everyone should have moved on. You took the time to gather up the last of the stragglers, like this mare you've found, to drag them to the underground. “And we're moving on, underground.” It's an evil far beyond any mortals. This is the realm of the gods you are fighting now.
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Oxy unless it is in an opening post

Unregistered

Skysong

I give a thin smile at his name, showing that I heard him. How long have I been away? I tried to remember the ranks when I had left but I failed. Memories from before just weren't clear anymore. My ears flattened at his lack of faith in his skill as he mentioned our safety, however he didn't give me a chance to respond before turning his back on me. I begin following him, watching his body language in sign of deception. Even the voices were quiet as my footsteps followed his. Lengthening my stride I caught up to him, staying slightly behind his shoulder and to the right, giving him room should something happen. Not that I thought anything would. My life alone has been rather void of excitement from others. Perhaps I've just been lucky.

I flicked my ears towards the sound of his voice as he spoke of the swamp. I didn't remember that place either, so I didn't feel much guilt as he mentioned the evil that overtook it. I only remembered the beach really, which only brought back a distant memory of my father and a kitten. I remembered feeling in awe of the ocean but not remembering why. It depressed me and silently I vowed I would see it again someday. My eyes rolled as he mentioned being moved underground. I didn't believe it really. How would it even be possible? I still followed him though, knowing that where he went, Eris would be. She'd explain things... right? I felt a twinge of an unfamiliar sensation as my thoughts once again drifted to the beach. I was so happy then I think. I remember being with my mother, which brought confusion into my thoughts. Why would I be happy if she was there? Then again why shouldn't I? Shaking the thoughts out of my head I spoke to Oxy. "Just lead the way."

Word Count: 319
OOC: I'll post in the updates that she's rejoined asylum. Thanks!