Luken Posts: 27
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.0 :: Three Years [Tallsun Born] HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Sparrow
If I Shout and Can't Be Heard,
I Want to be Destroyed at Your Hands</style>

While I Can Still be Called "Me"

He had been away for a long, long time.

Returning to the Edge had been an... Abrupt decision, one could say, but a needed one. For most of his life, since the departure of his estranged mother, Luken had felt different. He did not feel welcome among his herd-mates, among his family, blaming himself for unknown and ridiculous demons... Strange things, you understand, such as the color of his very coat, and how it resembled his cowardly mother instead of his strong, resilient father.

Oh, father... What do you think of me now?

Cream-kissed hooves brought the painted son closer to the looming glass structure that stood in front of him, and pale ears flicked forward at the simple sight of it. What... What was this? It had not been here during his departure from the Edge. From open end to open end of the Edge it seemed to stretch, and honestly, Luken didn't have the desire to explore it. He just wanted to be home, to Destrier and his twin, Laila.

Through his time away, the draft mutt had changed considerably. At two years of age, Luken was still not his full height, but his body had grown and changed drastically from the young, lanky colt he had been. His eyes, still gentle and kind, had sharpened to a degree, hardening at the world around him, his jaw set and handsome in a way that not-so-discreetly showed his bloodline to Destrier. Thick muscle and long hairs covered the ivory tobiano's hide, a testament to true power, and Luken began to wonder if anyone would even recognize him. Upon his right shoulder, where it had been for some time now, was the mark given to him by the God of the Sun. Sun-shaped it was, and like it had on the first day he had received it, the mark still burned as though a flame had touched him.

It had been so long...

In the midst of his wanderings, Luken spotted the entrance between the impressive glass wall, and with a deep breath he ventured through the narrow passage. As he did so and came through to the other side, the remarkably familiar scent of home wafted to his nostrils, which flared wide in remembrance. Aside from the large glass wall now at his backside, what had changed? Did Mirage still lead these lands with her loving hooves? Would he be welcomed back into their fold? Nervousness began to rise anew within his breast, but Luken would not be deterred. For too long he had lived in uncertainty, like a coward. The colt grit his teeth. No. I am not like my mother. I am no coward.

"Father?" Deep vocals came softly from the painted son's girth, calling for those he could think of, "Suli? Laila? It's me; Luken. I've come home!" For a moment he stood, ears erect and tail held high, staring through the twirling mists of the Edge. Then, boldly, Luken wandered into his home, hoping to once more meet with his beloved family.

"Anyone?"

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
kahlua
Though she wandered from time to time, she found that she was mostly drawn to home. Even in her monstrous state, she was bound to the Edge through feelings she did not understand. Between her ears, her scorpion automaton clicked and whirred as he scanned the area before him. Him, only because Kahlua had taken to thinking of him as such. And, as he always did, he surveyed and watched, scanned and hummed, but the scenery now was no different than it had been before. Death, all around her. Dying grass, wilting bushes, leaves falling off trees... Gone was the loving beauty that called herself Glazier. This was a whole new monster.

As Luken stepped through the opening in the wall, Kahlua smirked, hearing his call to the lands all around them. Little did he know that so many were gone, and so many more run to the underground. “Welcome home,” she offered in her newly hollow voice as she materialized from some trees. If the death and destruction that followed in her wake was not a hint at her true nature, the ribs that sat on the outside of her body and the scorpion tail that curled up above her back surely would be.

And, like a scorpion, she attacked suddenly and without warning, lunging towards him, mouth pincers reaching out to close down around flesh. She had aimed for his ribs, trying to come at him perpendicularly. Even in death she was no scholar, but if she had been perhaps she would have wondered at her new lust for blood. It was certainly very unlike her.

@[Random Event]
Image by Sevin

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

Aaron</style>
 i lit a fire that wouldn't go out.</style>

Feathered hooves pounded into the ground. The remaining Glazier had remained behind after crafting the wagon what helped the New Moon Doctor get all the herbs to the Sanctuary. He had sent his younger sister Sakura along with Alanna with the rest of the herd. After all, he needed a way to know the others were safe. As for him, he wasn't worried about the infected. Shoot, in fact if he became infected he would hope one of his sisters would either kill him or heal him.... Preferably the second choice... In his mind Alanna whined at thought of him dying Not today girl, you just look after the herd. I'll join you there soon. As he grew closer to the wall he heard the familiar voice. Luken had returned. Quickly he moved to greet the younger stud, when he heard the cold voice of Kahlua.... The rumors were true then. If she was infected, and from the tone of her voice it sounded like it, Luken would need help.

He quickly dashed forward, sprinting to try and cover the remaining ground and to place himself in front of Kahlua. He would rather take the bite than allow Luken to. Luken run! His eyes turned dark as night as his attention turned to Kahlua. This is not the real you. The Glazier I know would never harm another herd mate. He was not sure if he had made it in time, but at least maybe he caught the scorpion Kahlua off guard. Maybe he would still be able to allow Luken to escape unharmed.

(So Aaron is basically trying to take the bite instead. Will leave up to RE if he made it there in time.)

talk

image credits

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
@[Luken] may post once more before the dice roll determines his fate!

Luken Posts: 27
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.0 :: Three Years [Tallsun Born] HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Sparrow
If I Shout and Can't Be Heard,
I Want to be Destroyed at Your Hands</style>

While I Can Still be Called "Me"

Of all of the creatures that Luken expected to greet him upon his abrupt arrival home, this... This thing that crawled out of the darkness wasn't one of them. For the briefest of moments the young Acolyte stared, nostrils flaring wide just as his eyes did, trying to make sense of the strange abomination crawling towards him. What...? What the Hell was she?

The troubled colt was given little time to assess just what was going on before the horse-scorpionthing launched it's attack, and frightened cry left Luken's lips as he began stepping backwards. She charged at him with little warning, and the draft-mutt's ears pinned back against his skull as he bellowed out a frightful cry of warning. What are you?! He wanted to scream, but literally the youth had no time to even form such words in his throat.

It was in the midst of her charge that another joined the frey, and Luken, in his panicked state, did not recognized the familiar painted stud that suddenly charged from the thicket of Edge trees. Large and hulking, but gentle despite his size, Aaron arrived, attempting to slide to a stop and take the blow that was meant for him... But Luken had already whirled to the left in an attempt to avoid the Scorpion's attack, nosrtrils flaring and eyes wide with fright.

Luken, run! That had been all that the colt had heard from Aaron before heeding such speedy advice.

Such things as 'courage' or 'pride' meant nothing when the youth felt that his life was in danger, and so self-preservation had already kicked in. Get away, get away, get away! His mind screamed, a small part of his brain filling with panic, and dare he admit, calling frantically for Destrier. Two years of age he was now and in the role of an Acolyte Protector, but Luken still yearned for the protective embrace of his Wingleader father, especially now more than ever.

Unknowing if the Scorpion was even behind him, Luken coiled his muscles and lashed outwards with his back hooves, hoping that should it be close, he could kick the freak abomination in the skull. Perhaps he could kill it, but the thought was fleeting, as Luken's main goal had been to run from the once safe borders of the Edge, his homeland.

@[Random Event]

[ooc: So, Luken's attempting to turn away from Kahlua's attack and bolt, and depending on her placement, tries to kick out at her face. He's not trying to fight her, just... Run and buck, then run some more. xD So sorry for the wait, guys!]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
The pinecone that Aaron carries begins to glow yellow. Aaron and Luken are within its radius of protection and both remain uninfected

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
kahlua
Her pupiless eyes watched with calculating efficiency as she lunged toward Luken, but what she never expected was for her fellow Glazier to come bursting through the tree line and get in her way. Her pincers sunk into his neck, but the painted demon was sorely disappointed. From the mane that draped down his neck came a glowing yellow light, soft and comforting, and it made her want to scream. And scream she did, a terrible, piercing noise as she backed away from the light, apparently emanating from a pinecone that hung on his neck.

At least there was blood, a little bit, dripping down his neck. It was small consolation for the light, which seemed to try and drive her further back. But eventually the glowing stopped and Kahlua glowered at the stallion, wishing to step closer to him but not wanting to fall prey to the light once more. “Yes, Luken, run away!” she called after the retreating draft child, chuckling to herself that she, little Kahlua, could send him running so. If she could scare them all away, perhaps she could call the Edge her own then. Queen Kahlua among her forest of rotting trees.

“This is not the Glazier you know, Aaron,” she hummed, as she often did in life, but the sound was cold and distant instead of bright and happy. But she would not have the Glazier today, she could see that, so she turned away from him, disappearing into the woods, calling out after him as she left. “But don’t come back. You won’t be so lucky next time.” She didn’t actually know this. She had no idea what that light was or why it had affected her so, but she was determined not to fail in her endeavors.
Image by Sevin

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post