the Rift

Lets get our hooves dirty (guacho, africa)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 Midas</style>

quote quote quote
quote quote quote

OCC: A continuation of http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=10950

The others agreed and we turned to head down the path more. Fina chirped awkwardly, unsure about my decision nor her willingness to go along with the rest. She spread her wings and followed the spirit creatures, choosing to take a chance in the air instead of riding upon my spine and shivering. We walked along the path, noticing marks as we went. I stared at the strange drawings intently with something similar to fascination and delight. Fina trailed on ahead, illuminating the path with Guacho’s spirit eagles. Misty white and fire bounced from wall to wall, making the place seem brighter and less dreary. Mighty explorers are we!

It was beautiful in a strange and foreign way. Guacho thoughts on the matter were square on, “Aye. Our history is written here” I replied softly, touching one of the tiny markings with my maw. There were various figures that represented the gods, and the great migration. At one point my ancestors had likely resided here, obviously hiding from something. Why had it only now suddenly emerged? In the center of the room was an unusual fountain, its bubbling waters splashing gleefully from some underground source. Unflinchingly I drew closer, sniffing the water for its purity. Attentively I stretched my lips toward it and took a swift tug, the water was cool and refreshing. As clean as the water from our lake.

“This is good for drinking.” There were other water sources echoing from different rooms. Who knew how many actually resided in this ancient place?

Image by: Sei
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

Gaucho turned from the wall and the patterns scribed into the hulking creature’s shadowy bay coat seemed to meld into the darkness which ensued; their glowing guides danced onward through the descending tunnel, and all which was left behind was cast in eerie, dark quietude. The dappled mare followed along compliantly as the two stallion’s led with clicking steps down the passage, and her companion watched in calculating silence as Fina lifted from her perch upon the gold-wielding Sultan’s spine to follow above, the summon spirits. Unable to resist the temptation and intrigue piercing his young mind, the star-speckled zephyr too opened his wingspan to rise above the horses and trailed with considerable coyness those avians leading.

They came upon another cave; a chamber, and the antlered stallion paused suddenly, his booming voice bouncing wildly off the cold, stone walls surrounding. Africa watched with expanding interest, ears straining forward to the wall which had captured Gaucho’s attention. As the whoosh of water drowned the waning hum of voice, he spoke again and the spirits fluttered nearer to brighten the source of curiosity- the Oracle too slipped nearer to see, and found herself drawn to each and every impression they passed as they continued; wondering all the while, what mystery they held, who they represented and what stories were hidden within their intricate design. They were beautiful, some etched roughly with some crude tool- others were stained upon the cool stone, as though by the breath of magic itself. “Fascintating…” She whispered in awe, as Midas spoke of them.

Silas fluttered downwards towards the fountain spilling elegantly upon itself, to the centre of the room, and Africa followed, her yellowy gaze sparkling with concentration. Midas too pulled close to it and as he sipped from its waters, her eyes were trained hard to his lips; to the trickling excess as it fell away. “This cave can sustain life.” She remarked although such had become plainly obvious already. Not discouraged, she continued and her cool, soft lyrics lifted around them. “All around us blooms of moss feed off the moisture. Silas and I fed off this while we stayed underground. I wonder though, what hides away deeper still." Already she was drifting towards another opening; a doorway to what? But she paused respectfully, to allow both stallions first to pass.