[OPEN] The Perfect Storm

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

Justice without force is powerless
Force without justice is tyrannical.
- Blaise Pascal

The days passed eventually, like all must, but Ampere still woke to the painful reality of her defeat as if it was yesterday. The failure was not just in her inability to win, she was prideful surely but she knew she was untrained, her grandsire had always said as much. The failure that wrenched her heart day in and out was that which she owed to the companion. That poor life beating inside the magically spun orb had no knowledge of its fate, of its shackles, of its choices. It knew only the ugly bay horse that would force its soul into his and there keep it locked until one of them died, causing the other to soon follow.

What a miserable life.

Ampere made a face as she walked down the beach, the steady beat of the waves on the shore like life's heartbeat keeping rhythm in the world. It reminded her of her last visit here, when she felt so much stronger telling that dark colored boy you won so long as you stood. Am I winning now? she thought sourly, her gaze unable to meet the shoreline and all it stood for today.
She knew though, as she understood in that moment of crippling loss, that she failed because she stood alone. The shore was composed of thousands upon thousands of sand grains, and in such a count she was but one, just as Oxy was but one drop of water in the ocean. One on one each side was due to have defeats and victories, and in the long run, as the shore and the sea ever battle, none truly win. So long as you are willing to fight though...

She would not always be one grain of sand against one drop of water. Eventually the whole ocean would come pouring down on her and then she wouldn't even find the legs to stand. She could not do this alone.

A M P E R E

aeolle.deviantart.com

@[Mesec]

Dingo, I know this board is due to be shadow eaten which is kinda why I posted here, so Ampere and Mesec can discover it, but if you'd rather not run that risk that's fine and I'll just have this thread for Ampere, as she's protected for now with her feather ^^

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

mesec</style>
      boy of the night fell from the stars</style>

Apollo had been the only one to come at my warning call. I thought I had made my voice urgent enough, made it clear that the matter at hand was very important, but it was obvious that I hadn't been successful in my potrayal. Perhaps they just did not care that a two-year-old was calling out for the whole of the Foothills, surely to tell them of the big scary monster in the dark... Only this one was very much real, and if we didn't do something about it, I feared that it would consume us all until nothing was left of this world.

Though it was unwise to stray from the herdlands, I'd found myself doing just that from time to time, fearing the unnatural darkness for all I was worth but braving it regardless. For, what of all those who called themselves outcasts, the wanderers of Helovia? A pang of sheer fright rattled my body at the thought of what might have happened to some of the unexpecting souls of the wild, as I was certain the darkness had since traveled beyond the confines of the marsh. I didn't know what happened when that darkness touched you, nor did I really want to find out. Mother would be the one to ask, but when I made my way to the Veins in search of her, I was horrified to find that it was already devoured by the malicious force.

With eyes rimmed in white I had fled, slipping through the comforting shadows that were still of this world, of Mother, of me. I'd taken myself further west, and as I stepped through the already disapating shadows, I could see that the ocean was just a short way ahead. I wanted to breathe a sigh of relief and remember the peace I had felt during my last visit here, when I had met the downtrodden Ampere, but I could not. The feeling here was still strangely heavy, and while no shadowy figures danced in my periforals, I couldn't help but be apprehensive and uneasy.

I kept grounded despite my discomfort, fearing that I would be too easy a target in the skies as I made my way towards the sandy shore. My mind tried to comfort itself with otherwise happy thoughts, but I was quick to push them away; now was not the time for distractions. I needed to keep a sharp eye out for those oblivious to the threat hanging over all of our heads, and the ominous darkness itself. I must have walked for a good hour along the beach or more before my persistence paid off; up ahead in the distance stood a black blue form, one that I easily recognized once I spied the numerous feathers she donned within her mane.

"Ampere!" I called out, moving into a trot and only a few strides later breaking into a canter to close the distance between us. A genuine, true smile played out across my face at seeing her again; our first meeting at this very location had been short, but I found peace and comfort in her somber presence. I could only hope that she was a little better now, but before I could ask, I needed to warn her and we needed to get out of here.

Slowing, all I wanted to do was rejoice in the fact that I had found her again and speak with her for hours; but I could not. Instead, my smile dropped and my expression turned solemn, grim. I was not upset with her, no, but merely worried. "Ampere, I can't express how happy I am to have found you again," I started, lips pursing briefly before I went on. "But, the darkness -- you've seen it, haven't you?" Maybe I was speaking too quickly for her to get a word in, but I was scared. "We need to get out of here, before it reaches the beach, too. Please..." For a moment, there was almost a begging tone to my voice, a pleading look set deep in pupiless eyes. I couldn't live with myself if I left her here. "Come with me? You can come to the Foothills, and from there we can find some place truly safe of it."

"talk."

Credits
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

Justice without force is powerless
Force without justice is tyrannical.
- Blaise Pascal

A voice called out to her over the sand and the sea, like a hand gently reaching in for the girl that had steadily began to drown her thoughts. Her eyes danced in her head as it shook, tossing about wildly for the source of the voice. So few knew her name, and even fewer said it so fondly, this was not someone she would want to miss.

It took her a moment to spy the horse trotting towards her, his coat blending in with the unusual darkness that had begun to descend despite the early hour. A storm must be brewing.
"Mesec!" she responded cheerily once she caught sight of him, his features handsomely accentuated with silver so that he seemed to glow, especially when he smiled. How she'd kill for a smile from him right now. She was to be denied though, for like the skies above his face drew into something more serious. Confusion wrote itself plainly on Ampere's face as she searched his, ears flicking forward as he spoke. He sounded more mature now, like the final bit of colthood left him the way the last patch of your winter coat is apt to do in spring. Finally she could admire him fully without feeling like a pedophile, not that it had stopped her much before.

What was he saying? she wondered suddenly, lost in his tone and ignorant to the important message he urged on her. "Darkness?" She parroted after a breathless moment. Truth be told Ampere had been so wrapped up in her own darkness she hadn't the faintest thing what he was going on about it, but she could feel it growing here and now. Even as they stood the hairs on her body prickled with unease and bade her attention away from him. Her neck twisted around as she set her gaze on the seas edge. There the horizon was steadily dimming, stealing all the sparkle and vigor from the waves. It raced to her as soon as she saw it, feeding on the confusion and the worry budding in her chest until it was a fear blooming into panic. Ampere's wings shot out, the innate need to bluff humming through her with every wild pounding of her heart on her sternum. Blue irises rolled against the whites of her eyes as Ampere's head shot back around, fright dug into a baleful expression from the lines on her face and all the shadows they cast. "We must run," she whispered heavily, hooves scrambling on the sand for purchase as she tried to gallop forward.

The Foothills, anywhere, just not here, she would gladly follow him.
As she gained speed she threw herself into the sky, hoping he would share the air with her, and whatever else he knew of this storm that bore no rain.

A M P E R E

aeolle.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.