the Rift

Hopeless [Midas]

Parelia Posts: 210
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 :: 7:: Frostfall HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Penna :: Peregrine Falcon :: None Parelia
She had heard that several horses had moved to this cave and she had heard of the crazy horses that were trying to infect others. Parelia had been to her home and had found it empty. Fear had drove her here searching for her family, or anyone she knew at that. She let her hooves slip into the cave her wings pulled tight against her cremello frame. Her dainty face was tear streaked her honey brown eyes filed with salty water. Her orbs scanned the cave around her as she plodded on feeling lost and alone. The walls were smooth, besides the rock formations hanging from the ceiling and stabbing up.

She gazed at them without really seeing them. Hopelessness was slowly taking over her heart, her damp eyes glazing over slightly as she wondered deeper into the caves. She turned this way and that following passages until she ended up in a large glowing room. Her gaze drifted around her, as she shuffled to a the wall leaning against it in a scared stupor. The dainty mare was sure she was the only one left, sure she was by herself. Her wings drooped towards the ground the tips of her feathers touching the moss below her. Her head was also close to the ground her breath stirring the foliage there. 'What am I going to do if my heard really is gone?' Tears slowly started to fall from her eyes running down her slender muzzle her long teal streaked forelock falling over her dished face.

Walking "Talking"’Thinking’
Words: 257
OOC:; @[Midas]
Parelia
[Image: 54a664c1065ed][Image: 542f83afbdf08]
Please tag Parelia! Attack at anytime

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
take away the pain inflicted on me, the hunger you're letting me feed
It would seem that the dead had risen to wound those yet alive and that would stand against them. Already a few cases of illness had cropped up within our ranks. They had fled the sanctuary of this hovel long before we could find a healer with a possible cure. It was hard to remain in the faint light and confined walls without feeling stir crazy. My wings were trapped in place, they yearned for higher ground, for an open heaven to play in. Surely darkness wouldn’t touch sunlight? Having gone from an open world, to limited ceiling—it was quite an adjustment. The daylight hours seemed to be our only relief, those that patrolled the entrance could soar out and stretch their limbs.

Our family got along well enough; though I had a gut feeling that ours wouldn’t be the only herd within these walls—and such a notice wasn’t disturbing until I thought of the Basin scum that remained in the mountains. Perhaps they would weather this darkness in their homeland. Homeland, a place I wished to be in more than anything.

I explored the cavern to pass hours. Fina slept in the crook of my feathers, nestled peacefully in their warmth and protection. One such passageway led into a beautifully room filled with all manner of edible delights. For a moment my spirit soared, my heart raced ahead and the beginnings of a smile chased the darkness from empty caverns. In the center, with strange glow spilling across her body stood a woman I’d met at the Heavenly Field.

Slowly I took a step ahead, noticing that she was speaking softly—apparently to herself. For a faint moment the notion of walking away passed through my mind; but she seemed so forlorn and alone. My own lonely heart cried for her sorrow, and the loss of family that had yet to arrive in the cave. Family that I would soon go hunt for as soon as things settled in this strange new home—even if they didn’t want the aid.
“Parelia?” I asked softly, “Are ye…alright?”

Table by Neo, Art by Dark

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]