the Rift

Absinthian Salutations [PLAGUE]

Crash Course Posts: 74
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 9 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Ragnar :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Nevada
Restoration is brought upon cleft argentate hooves and tenebrous, briny oculus, as if he had not marooned the vicinity as one may pluck tick's from a mutt's flesh and toss them into endless abyss. The important thing is that he has been brought back to that which he has slaved with meticulous air at.
There is flourishing coppice and absinthian upon his tongue - the only good thing coming from his endeavors righteous kin, a cinereal feather tied with crude work into mane (he wishes it upon his cloak - and yet it was difficult enough with the aide of a stranger from another land and the convincing actions taken beforehand to get it anywhere in his frame) which shall be remedied with the assistance of a Weaver if the Basin remains upon all pillars as he had last left it. Ah - but in his lapse of concentration he has blown over the memory of the last thing that promised superb celestial blessings from a world of snow and frost. Arah.

Beginning tendrils of endearment creep upon icy sinew (like the spring blast across winter fields) in recapture of creamy skin and aureate pearls - brutish rack's adding only to the mere splendor of the woman who had come before him. He would allow no mere filth to touch the hem of the woman's flesh, for she had been divine in every right, merged with infectious exuberance and a song akin to morning birds (she lacked all the horrific feathers, too).
As these thoughts came to and fro, Crash frowned upon the realization that, in his unexpected absence (he himself is not quite sure where he has gone and perhaps he has been drugged) rats of the sky and Earth alike may have groveled at her hooves and marred, ripped a glass frame into submission. I hate them. The hornless ones.
It rings through his mind as a torrent of arctic waves - shame and regret bubbling within a raging core. I've returned.

He has come to pause atop a hill, a pool of freezing liquids (he does not doubt it will be icy to the touch, the chill of autumn pervades with brute force) below a thirsting jaw, mouth dry with sickened apprehension and misgivings. I've returned.
Crash does not notice he's spoken it aloud - dazed and low toned, careless of the consequences and aftermath his voice may bring, starving predators he does not know exist, and that is when he sees it.

It has been a fueled belief (with ease) that the hornless and feathered filth of landscapes and airways have been corrupted and diseased with inbreedings between beast and equine (the hornless have evolved past nothing and the feathered have come into existence by equines who dawdled with birds too long whilst hormones rage within their guts) - always a demand within his mind that he is superior and his kin are superior and they are the divines set to rule foolhardy mongrels that should bow beneath his hooves, he did not expect them to have gotten any more doltish then they had already been.
He was wrong. He was also wrong when he thought feathered could get no worse then this.

It's a pitiful thing, decay evident in rotted flesh, hanging limp from a emancipated frame as if the monster before him has had little to devour in its loathsome existence. Yellowed bone peeks from within ripped and bloodied sides, intestines laid barren from within a husk of a outershell (its colon hangs limp from a tear in its left side), there is something green and sickly strewn across its battered, hideous bodice, its lower jaw absent from its facial features. A milky white orb examines him with what seems to be a hungry stare, attracted by what little noise he has made, and he resists the urge to throw what he has in his stomach out unto the ground in repulsion of what he sees before him. The right hangs by a strip of loose nerve - a mangled wing attached to its withers, feathers wilting and drooping away to reveal blood and cartilage.
The most bothersome element of the situation is that the monster is no more than a mere babe.

For what seems to be ions - Crash does not respond. He does not move, expression fixed in a mix of horror and distaste at the abomination that presents itself to him (it is groaning something unintelligent that he does not focus on remembering) and stumbles up the hill toward him. The sounds come out disfigured - somewhere within its throat, and it becomes apparent that the lack of jaw has stripped a vital element of a equines (any equines) skull.
It does not have a tongue.
It doesn't have a tongue.

"What th-"
And then it launches itself toward him, a mad scramble for cannibalistic meat (the tendons in the creatures pillars gleam red).
He does not have time to sneer and curse - for drool salivates down a nonexistent tongue and what in the name of all that is living has sent this demon forth from the clutches of Abbadon himself?

He does the thing that comes most natural.
With a stay in his side he dances and whirls - the broad exposure of his rump is faced towards the demon - and then those same cleft hooves have turned into weapons and the front of his frame has lowered to raise the hind.
He hears bone crunch instead of see them. He feels the collision of a small frame thrown from his (the thud of rotten flesh is the worst of noises) and then there is a resounding thud as it's frame hits Earth and splashes into water (he won't be drinking that now, thanks).
And yet as soon as hooves hit solid dirt once more and he turns to observe what he assumes to be a dead thing- it is moving again and attempting to rise and shock ricochets through his system.
Kill it - a wild glaze has entered into his eyes - kill the abomination and he is cantering downhill horn, neck and dome dipped low and the demon raises itself to attempt a turn towards him as he hits.
There's a smack and a sliding noise of wet organs against the brunt force of a knife - it hits it's neck and he feels it slide through the other side - and then he is ripping and yanking and its skull is hanging limp as a child's toy.
A gurgle of blood is the only noise from it's throat - there is vermilion on his horn and vermilion on his chest because it has splattered against his obsidian and alabaster coat - there's bloodthirst in his bones and as his head raises again he rears.

A crunch of bones and a snap of a spine is sounded as a bugle throughout the Threshold. A maniacal laugh is coming up from his lungs and extending out from his maw - it's deep and the sensation of battle sends adrenaline coursing through his veins. There's wriggling and it's pressed into the ground but he doesn't stop crushing and beating and he finds that same wedge he found so many years ago - there's feathers in his mouth and he yanks and it comes loose with the overwhelming scent of a rotten corpse.

Everything goes dandy from there.
By the time he has gotten done with the pathetic excuse for a creation, red dribbles down his chest and his front pillars and back pillars and croup - there's red staining his belly and his hooves and a thirst has been quenched deep within his pounding heart. Squelching noises come from the pressure of hooves on intestines spewed across the ground - there's a pulverised head and brain juice is splattered across his iron shield and tch.

This is when a smile creeps across his face - macabre as it appears - there's a trickle of blood from his mug.
"Ah." Vocals have constricted into something deep and dangerous and dark. There's a raspy sound that comes from chords that haven't been used in a long time. It's exhausted from laughing.
"Thanks for the welcoming committee."

He'll have to wash that filth off his hooves soon.
In the mean time - he'll deal well enough.

Any members of The Plague/Basin feel free to join! The Crash is back - and he isn't infected. No worries! (The undead kid is no one's actual child. More so in place so that he can learn they exist).

WEBTREATSETC
Please tag me in all posts.

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx

There was a commotion off in the distance. The Blood Prince had come to the forest of vagabonds and refugees. Leaving the Basin was foolish, but there was flesh blood that could be used to raise defenses. What monsters now lurked within the land of Helovia was unknown to the soldier. All that he knew was something had been brewing, but as he drew nearer to the scent and sound of another. When the stranger came into view, his eyes widened in horror at the monster it was fighting. The Blood Prince didn’t go to assist though, as foul as the creature was, he wanted to see what this stallion was capable of. Despite his massive frame, he did his best to conceal himself within the trees as the brawl continued. In the end, it appeared as though the stallion had defeated the demon that attacked him. A smirk passed over Déodat’s lips as he stepped out from the trees and approached the crowned warrior.

“Impressive,” Déodat said, his tones rough, he had absolutely no intentions of revealing how deeply the Blood Prince had been impressed by the other stallion’s display. Slowly he paced about the potential recruit, studying him intently before stopping in front of him. “I’m Déodat, I hail from the Basin.” His gaze flickered down to the monster that had been slain. Déodat curled his lip back in disgust. This would be another thing that the Basin would have to look into, and make sure that their borders were guarded more than the past.

“I am afraid I can’t offer you an explanation for that, but I can say evil things are brewing in Helovia… That thing very well could be a part of it,” he mused to himself. “I won’t waste any time with conversation though. The Basin welcomes solely the crowned, and we could use a warrior with your ability… Are you interested?”

"talk talk talk"

May angels protect you
[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

Crash Course Posts: 74
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 9 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Ragnar :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Nevada
The consequence of the Devil's strivings were meager in comparison of the marvelous feat accomplished all those eons ago - when a flecked (and wretched) woman teetered off the edge and into the deranged, when the aftermath of his accomplishments had been a bloodied, decapitated wing at his hooves, quivering akin to a fresh fish caught and forced unto land.
Even with this knowledge in mind— it has been centuries since Crash had been contrived to safeguard himself from the like of the avian filth; and never by the hands of a soulless mutation of one at that. Entrapped within the sensation of bloodshed and strife once more, perspiration running in rivulets down his spine to his stomach and dribbling from his chest. Lungs heaving— adrenaline having turned his very veins aflame with pulsating voltage. During the procession of the onslaught upon his ship, he had neglected to notice a stranger gazing forth from the darkness and cover of foliage— a scent familiar and the noise of crunching leaves beneath the stranger's hooves startling him but a second before the brute spoke.

In a flurry of cleft hooves and flashing obsidian atop his dome - the Devil pirouettes to meet what he assumes to be yet another apparition of Hell come to Earth; only to meet sapphire and mahogany, snow and ice, charcoal and precious gems.
The scent is what saves the Prince of Blood before him.

For within a haze of bloodshed that blindfolds him with the lust for more - more savagery, barbarism to fuel his endless desires, the reminder of the Basin is strong within the contours of his mind, and with malevolence he tranquilizes the beast within the rolling pits of his soul with loathing in the case of his kin, too, belonging to the soulless wraith he has encountered before him here. So much as threaten me, dog, and I'll remind you of your place.
There is fire in his blood and fire in his eyes and he will burn him if he must.

And yet - as words spill forth in dark acclaim of his success the Devil allows the stranger of his homeland to pace, to appraise, to size up a potential recruit. Old memories.
A brand spills forth from the Prince's maw in reception of his coming - a contemptuous slide of the gaze downward to meet the wraith's ruined frame. Maybe he's not so bad afterall. Indeed - the Devil may find he even likes him. A ghost of a sneer drapes across his face in akin dislike of what he had slain - a abhorrent mutant in which was to be disposed of, and the Devil had done his job with glee. "Crash Course. Feel free to call me Crash— Déodat."

I am afraid I can’t offer you an explanation for that, but I can say evil things are brewing in Helovia… That thing very well could be a part of it.
Aphotic cackles are drawn forth from a splattered cardinal mug as morbid amusement is found in the filth beneath his hooves. He scuffs what's left of the mangled frame with spite - low tones slipping once more from easily moved lips. "It's an abomination. A diseased rodent from our lesser cousins. I've always suspected the rats of the ground and the rats of the skies to be foolish.. I didn't expect them to be quite so brainless when I returned." Macabre humor drips from his sardonic song. "Indeed. They seem to have fallen even farther down the food-chain in my absence."

Once more the Devil listens to the Demon: A offer of residence far too familiar and sweet upon his tongue to be refused. He wonders if the Lady of the Basin - Psyche the DarkEmpress shall await him with open arms once more into the ranks of those whom carry the same disdain of the lesser kinds.
"I came to Helovia in what seems to be eons ago. The Basin was my home then, as it shall be now." A flicker of uneasiness spreads as a illness across the map of his mind, queries troublesome as fly's on a warm summer's eve nibbling at his essence as if it is their right to do so. Arah. Darkness.
He should have never left.
If something had happened to her- "Tell me, my brother. Does a woman by the name of Arah dwell among you still? And what of our Empress- I assume she still stands in good health, no?"

WEBTREATSETC
Please tag me in all posts.

Feritas Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Actions | "Speech" | Thought

Not far from a conversation between deranged adults, another, private scene of carnage was taking place. It's culprit much younger- a foal. The victim was a hare that had not run away because it had made the mistake of thinking the horse was an ally. The colt was having quite a ball with his new plaything, lifting it up in his teeth and tossing it against trees, letting it scramble to get away only to block it's escape route and do it again. Each squeal of pain driven from the rabbit's lungs sent another thrill of excitement through the young stallion's mind and body.

However, all games must come to an end sooner or later, and when the colt became aware of voices sounding not far off, he paused, stopping his plaything from getting away by pinning it's tail under his hoof. He tried to listen to what was being said but the rabbit was struggling too loudly. In a fit of frustration, he stomped his other hoof down on the hare's leg. The resulting crunch of bones splattered his dark brown legs in crimson and he shivered. The experience was cold- the air around him was chilled and to get wet was almost a suicide mission. However, the feel of thick blood trickling down to form a puddle under his hooves was exciting in a myriad of different ways.

Feritas was almost tempted to stay and finish the job, however his curiosity overcame his sadistic pleasure. He turned his head to listen again, only for his ears to be assaulted by a certain rabbit screaming in pain. Rage now boiled over his frustration and he turned an icy cyan eye on his prey. "SHUT THE FUCK UP!" He screamed, hatefully before dive-bombing his victim with the tip of his own double-bladed dagger. It's shriek was cut off in a gurgle of blood and the silence that followed was bittersweet to the boy. On the one hand, it was nice to finally be able to hear what was going on in the other scene, but he was sad to have his game end so quickly.

He decided he would punish whoever had distracted him in compensation.

".... Does a woman by the name of Arah dwell among you still? And what of our Empress- I assume she still stands in good health, no?”

Feritas's ears pricked and he lifted his head, only to find he could not dislodge the dead rabbit from his curved horns. He tossed his head, the weight on his horn unnatural and the fur and guts of the creature (they were hanging out through the gaping hole now) were hanging down in his eyes, obstructing his vision. Giving a startled whinny, the colt tossed his head and wheeled to crash through the undergrowth and bump right into a very solid wall of muscle. Landing on his tail, the colt snorted in anger and tossed his head to get the rabbit's intestines out of his line of sight.

"Watch where you're going you great oa- woaaah...." Okay, mouthing off to a stallion who was literally four times your own size and who looked like he'd just returned from a bloodbath was not the smartest idea in the world. Feritas didn't think he'd ever seen a horse so big (he didn't even know a horse COULD grow that big) and as a result of his shock, he sat there gaping for some time, not even paying attention when the rabbit's liver fell out of the corpse and bounced off the end of his nose.

The almost comical expression on the colts face melted quickly to return to it's normal indifferent rage, and at the same time, his shock evaporated just as fast. The reason was because he realized he must look rather silly with the rabbit stuck to his face. He stood up and shook his head, lowering it to drag the rabbit off his horn against the ground and still that didn't work- the curve of his horns was so that it was resolutely lodged in the rabbit's corpse.

He looked up at the two stallions (he could see the other one standing not far away from the first, and even though he did not know which was recruiting for the Basin, it did not matter to him. Although admittedly, recruiting for new members while being covered in blood was an... interesting sales pitch) with a complete lack of fear, and growled out at them. "Don't just stand there gawking like a pair of idiots! Help me get this fucking thing off!" He'd learned a long time ago that swearing as adults swear was a good way to get people's attention.

Still grinding his horn into the ground, he bucked his hind legs out of frustration and wheeled, bucking repeatedly as his frustration mounted into an enraged tantrum. That poor rabbit was torn to shreds postmortem and Feritas continued to grind his horns into the dirt, determined to punish the rabbit for everything. For thinking it could cling to him for even a moment, for weighing down his head, for obstructing his line of sight. His face was a mask of pure, unrestrained rage and he screamed to this effect as he tore gouges in the ground.

At this point in Feritas's life, he had do much hate boiling in his blood, he knew not where it came from, or why he felt this way, and he did not question it's existence. All he knew was that... he could fly into full blown tantrums like this with the slightest provocation. Surely, a demon like him could be sharpened into a weapon and then be used in battle, but only if it was honed to control it's temper, which was something Feritas had yet to get a grip on.

Crash Course, Played by Aeo
Deodat, played by Selkie
Changed the font size so that it gives the illusion of growing louder the more he's listening.
Also, Aeo gave me permission to gate crash the thread. xD

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx

The vagabond whipped around toward the Blood Prince once words began to pour out of his mouth. Despite the malice and mad bloodlust the stranger didn’t attack nor move toward him. At least he displayed some level of control that no many had when previously attacked, this warrior was proving himself to be a worthy recruit and potentially deserving of the name of soldier. As long as the monster knew when to put itself on a leash, they could get along just fine. Even though the fight had ceased, Déodat could see the fire and passion within the stallion’s eyes. A name is offered and he rummaged through his memory and found nothing familiar. “It’s a pleasure I’m sure.” Déodat said. Being in the company of one so similar in purpose made him feel far more at ease, there wouldn’t be any need to masquerade kindness and cordiality.

Déodat studied every fiber of the monster that lay slain and still upon the ground at his feet. Who knew that the skyrats could become even more putrid and foul. When Crash spoke, his eyes drifted back p to the other stallion and a smile broke the frown despite the morbidity of the comments. “For once, I don’t think such a vile freak of nature wasn’t brought forth from perverse lust. There is a darkness hovering over Helovia and I think this beast is a product of it.” Did this land ever have peace? When he first came abysmal darkness had a firm clutch upon the land, and now dead were rising up from their graves.

A tale poured from Crash’s mouth, one that he surely could empathize with as he himself had wandered from the familiarity of Helovia. “So, the prodigal child returns to his kingdom of ice.” At the mention of the Darkempress, the Blood Prince sighed and shook his head. “No, the empress fell after the invasion of the Edge. Deimos the Reaper and Illynx the GildedBlade have taken the roles of leadership.” There was a moment of hesitation with Arah, and all he could offer the stallion was a shrug. “Last I saw of Arah was long ago, but I don’t doubt whether she still lives within the Basin.” The powers of the Basin had shifted and was but a wisp of its former glory, but Crash didn’t need to know that.

There was another sound off in the distance, but he paid it no mind as there were many roving about these forests. When there was rustling, the Blood Prince’s head snapped in that direction, and he felt something crash into him. Instinctively his muscles tensed and he prepared himself for another foul beast, but what he saw was a child. Déodat blinked, unsure as to why the boy stood in awe of him as there was nothing particularly spectacular about himself, at least he hadn’t continued on with his rude tangents. The Blood Prince did his best to contain his laughter but a suppressed chuckle escaped and it shifted into full on laughter. Despite that layer of gruff tones and frowns, his laughter was warm.

As he gained control of himself, the dual-horned boy began angrily throwing out demands. Before him was a familiar sight, as he could drift back to the days of his colthood and the wild spitfire he had been. Even now he still had a temper that would flare at any moment, but he had learned the art of control. “Cease your demands and calm that temper of yours boy.” Déodat’s face hardened once more. Without any hesitation he reached out and yanked the remains of the rabbit from his horn and tossed it off into the brush. The Blood Prince fell silent as he studied the boy before him with a new intent. This boy could be carefully shaped and crafted to be quite the deadly killer, already he was displaying the fire for it. “That fire of yours could be your saving grace in a battle, but you must learn to tame it. Blindly allowing yourself to go berserk could result in death as you can behave recklessly, just like you did now. All it would’ve taken for me to kill you was scrape my horn across that little throat of yours. Where is your mother boy? This is absolutely not a time for you to be roaming about. And if you’re alone, the Basin can make use of someone like you.”

Children were far from an interest of his, but there could be uses with such a child like this. Slowly he lowered his head so he was on eye level with the boy. “You’re one of the blessed race boy, and I can help you make that temper and horn of yours into a weapon. I’ve got an eye for potential, and you have it.” His head raised and he looked back over at Crash Course, and winked. “Of course, if you’re mother is waiting for you I will not take you with me, but one with a horn is always welcomed amongst the Basin. Tell me, Crash, can’t you see potential in our little killer here?”

The words that poured from his mouth were genuine, and he shouldn’t so quickly throw out offers, but Déodat could see this boy radiated the aura of a killer and if he was guided carefully within the coming years he would become a beast of war, the Blood Prince would ensure that.

"talk talk talk"

May angels protect you
[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA