the Rift

Golden
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Too few had returned. Not enough of our kin had arrived to safety; I stood outside the cave with a forlorn exhaustion brought from sleepless eves and wakeful morns. My heart ached for our allies, those who might yet know nothing of this attack. My eyes wandered over the lava filled wombs that had split over time. Each bubbling pit a promise of death, each breath we took was nearly a promise.

“To me,” I called through our bond. Our special connection that surpassed even this darkness. She came from the caves, eager to get out of horrible confinement. Alighting beside my face, she felt the spawning sadness and rubbed her beak gently against the side of my cheek—“Go,” I whispered, “Warn our allies of this darkness. Guide those that will follow.” Slowly I reached around, gently pulling loose two precious golden feathers from my appendages. Fina grasped them firmly inside her talons. “They will know something is wrong...fly high…fly fast my child, my sister, my friend.”

For a moment we stood together, two halves of a single soul. She was much quicker and could reach altitudes that most Pegasus couldn’t breech. Still we brushed foreheads with the utmost tenderness, her ever-flaming fire burning harmlessly into my forehead. And then she was gone. Away into heaven with two golden feathers clutched tightly, a message for those that remained in a clan. “Please,” I prayed to Earth when Fina was out of sight. Eyes slithered close and face tilted toward the dark sky, “Protect her. Defend my sons and family, deliver us.”

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
give me your eyes for just one second,
give me your eyes so i can see
everything that i keep missing

The cave was small. Too small for my liking - at least with the multitude of horses and their wings. I had rested long enough from the length of the journey that had exhausted not only my limbs but my mind. And, while I had no desire to leave this area I could feel the vibrations of another creature lingering at the opening of the cave.

I took quick, but careful steps. My hooves clicking delicately against the hardened floor of the cave, small splashes sprayed out before me as I continued to move through watery confines that we were now beginning to call our home. I supposed I couldn't complain, if there was some sort of darkness looming overhead, and so I shuffled my feet and was going to have to begin to get used to this different type of life.

But it was so much like my time being held prisoner. A damp cave. Water always at my feet. Guards at the opening. Forced to eat. Forced to drink. I had to stay alive so they could torture me mentally. I had been a prisoner of war, and this cave (while expansive with tunnels in many different directions and winding in different avenues) was still a cave and I was still being forced to live in it.

No. I needed time to myself - away from the expanse of the herd that was suffocating in its nature of caring. After all, even when i had been a leader I had been a near silent keeper. One who lurked in the shadows, assuring myself of their safety and allowing them to work out their own issues. And then, when it was necessary I would intervene, allow for peace to happen. I had been a legend, during those times, and it had worked well. However, it was different here. I would need to remind myself of that more often.

When I finally break my way to the surface, the fire still swirling off of my hair and hooves, I watch as the burning bird takes to the sky with two of Midas's feathers clutched in her claws. My ears twitch to the sound of him asking for his family to be defended, for something to deliver "us" - whatever us meant. His eyes were closed, head tilted up toward the sky that he could so easily fly up towards and relish in.

I let out a small snort, attempting to alert him to my presence when words will not be allowed to fall from my maw before slinking up toward his side. Something was bothering him, as had been bothering him during our first meeting not long after the sun had finally begun to rise again. A pain was in my heart, for running off so foolishly after seeing his burning hawk and being overtaken by memories, and I would have to find a way to apologize.

Delicately, I allowed my maw to reach out toward his shoulder, near where his wing connected to the built muscles, and brushing against it if he would allow for our two bodies to connect for a moment. And then, once again, I tried to meet his gaze should he look toward me - my eyes following where his where on his head. My cranium tilted ever so slightly to the side and audits perked up in alert. What's wrong? Something has to be wrong? Concern was laced in my features, flickering through my orbs, and twisting in my stance as I took a light step back to ensure that he had his room as we stood there.

Could I do anything to ease the pain?
Image Credits

Yitilu Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Her arrival to this new land, Helovia is was called, left her with a fear in her heart, but gained her a friend. Well she guessed he was a friend, since they he had taken the time to help out the new soul, to protect her from the darkness that plagued. Yitilu was fearful of that darkness, feared it would get her, so she kept to the sanctuary the stallion had showed her. She remained here, but she did not remain stationary in a little area. No, no. Mare would explore, as was in her nature. Since she would not get to explore Helovia just yet, she would explore her new home.

Soft steps were taken, in an effort to remain hidden and secretive. For the unfriendlies could be lurking, and lass did not want to meet them, nor disturb anyone else for that matter. So she would try to be as quiet as she could, as she wandered through the cavernous expanse. It was mostly stone and fire, which she didn't mind so much, maybe the fire scared her. . .enough to have her being as close to the far wall as possible. Light blue eyes would cast towards those pits, lest they awaken and attack her. Luckily that has not happened, and wasn't looking like it was going to. Whilst she kept watch on the pits she was gazing over everything, ever bit of stone, every path that may lay around her.

Soon a path was taken, and the winged lass began to hear a soft voice. This voice was hushed, like they were whispering to something. It sparked a need to leave them be, but it also sparked a curiosity in her, which would overpower the need to leave them be, and drive her forward. Silently she walked, until a winged figure appeared before her, looking on towards something, what she could not see anymore, as his head fell, like the something was gone.

That winged figure was a stallion, and he had a saddened demeanor, which in turn saddened and concerned Yitilu, and she would step faster, making her presence known with the higher pitched sound hooves on stone made. Mare would make her way to him, stopping once she was in his presence, before her voice, soft like silk, and consumed by concern, would flow from her lips. "Hello there." She would start, then pause, well hesitate, fearful of a negative reaction, "You look saddened, may I ask why?" she would continue.

Her voice was echoed with that of a lighter hued lady, whom the winged mare had not seen, as she had been hidden by stone wall. She had the same concern that Yitilu had. Once both had spoke she would issue a little head nod, sheepish in nature, and a soft "Hello," would be issued, so as to not completely ignore the other. But all that was said to her then, was all the mare would say to her, until at least the stallion before both of them had answered, or spoken to them and departed before both mares had. Then and only then would Yitilu speak further with the lighter lady.

[[ooc; :3 Hello. Hope you don't mind me posting. Editted; to include Rasta. Sorry I was posting whilst you were. ;;]]
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Prayers were sent, and no response came—no washing of calm. I felt a solid emptiness that writhed my heart and squeezed the cavity around my chest. The sound of hooves clicking against stone and a following snort captured attention and made head jerk round to see who approached. Eyes flashed wide, gleaming like hard diamonds of a rare color. They softened nearly instantly when they fell on the soft alabaster mare named Rasta, her body aglow with harmless flames. Dancing in the gloomy light of an overcast evening sky, the tight lines on my face relaxed ever so slightly when she drew close.

The beginnings of a smile started to turn one corner up, though the other fell back until both remained lined again. Sometimes, I couldn’t fake emotions. Her face comes toward my shoulder, I relax both wings and sigh when she her brush of breath leaves a warm trail that sends a shiver down my back. Neck twists and carries my unadorned crown to gently brush a soft touch across her lowered forehead should she allow it.

Rasta didn’t run from me this time, her eyes trail up-–alive and questioning; a smile that would better suit as a grimace forms in place of a uneasy frown, “Apologizes dear sister for frightening ye earlier, it wasn’t my intent,” tone is revered and humble. I gaze into those lifelite eyes, curious for their origin. What deal had she made to earn this, and at what price? She had ran off shortly before we could even share words before, “Ye can see…” I mused quietly, mostly to myself because there was little need for voicing the obvious very loud, “What has cured your blindness?”

Another mare appeared from the darkness, this one a stranger and emerging from the volcanic heart as a wanderer. The stranger notices me and comes forward, her bright wings and patched frame catch the firelight, she comes with a question upon her lips and eyes shining with fear and genuine concern; likely for the coming tide that has seemed to overcome most of Helovia. Her question snaps my state of grief free, I slide a professional mask into place, “I am well enough, and say thankee for your concern.” I pause then add with a half-smile that feels like a bitter jest considering the circumstance, “Welcome to the sanctuary sister, I am Midas—this is Rasta.” I motion toward the pale golden girl who stood by. “Ye would do well to call this place home, there is and illness rampaging the country—our herd has taken refuge here.”

Image Credits

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
It was with my snort that I could feel the jerking of his head. My eyes closed at first, feeling the world around me so as to not trip before they opened and met his widened eyes. They were sharp, wary, and I could only feel myself stumble for a second until the sharpness went dull, softening as he recognized my frame. He had been tight, so tense and broken - I could feel it as I had stumbled my way up. Each of his movements had been strained, as if his body didn't want him to move - it just wanted him to stand there and find a way to relax. Alas, sometimes these gifts cannot be granted, and one must push on. But, it was as I came up close to him that I notice the lines relaxing ever-so slightly upon his face.

There is the faint start of a smile curling up on his face, but it evens out in a fluid motion only allowing a line to press across his face. A small relaxation of his wings, from the shift of his bones as I give a light brush of my maw against his shoulder. And, as I stop at his side he cranes his neck around to gently touch my forehead which I lean into, glad to be near someone else who might be able to understand me. Glad to be around someone who I didn't have to totally pretend to be okay with.

But, I didn't allow myself to lean against his touch for long, my eyes peering up toward him. The questions flooding my cranium are running across my face, lighting up my eyes, and I can see that a more grimace-like gesture has tugged at the corner of his maw. He apologizes for the scare that he hadn't really given me the other meeting. It was more the phoenix that had done the terror. The idea of my hawk's death had been so fresh in my mind that almost any strange looking bird was giving me ideas as to how he might have passed and there had been a breaking point. The fire-filled death was that breaking point. He couldn't have known, nor could he have done anything to keep it from happening. A gentle bob of my head is given and a pricking of the ears as I feel him gazing directly in my eyes, an expression that wasn't recognizable to my actual sight filling his face. Had I the desire to be slightly rude and close my eyes I might have found out that it was curiosity, but the manners were ingrained in me and so my eyes were to remain open.

He is musing, the words falling from his mouth about my sight and a smirk has crossed my face, another gentle nod bouncing my forelock before he asks for what had cured my blindness. Perhaps cured was the wrong word, but I would go with it for now. It was close enough when I could not vocalize it all. Gently, I give a small kick at the rocks at our feet, a few of the stones skipping forwards as I allow my maw to open as if to speak, trying to show that I was mute. Again, I kick the rocks and then up towards the sky, where his companion had left. And, a couple of seconds and I reach to rest my maw against the glowing hawk upon my haunches. Earth God. Companion. Hawk. He probably wouldn't understand, not when I didn't have the time to go through the long list of things I could try and do to attempt to explain.

Or, at least I didn't have time at the moment. I had been pretty sure that I wouldn't be alone with Midas for long, and I had been trying to feel instinctively deeper into the caves where Alleo would emerge from. After all, we had been attached at the hip and I expected nothing less but to have him follow me out as soon as he had figured out that I was not in the same area as before. But, it was not from the caves that the being emerged. No. It was from the fire of the heart. Another winged girl laced in colours of gold said hello, and I noticed the mask that seemed to fall upon Midas's face and so quickly. He says he is fine, welcomes her, and then offers both his and my name to the young girl. He said that she would do well to join us and I could only nod my head in agreement. It was safer here then it was out there - especially if there was some darkness spreading. I may not have seen it, but from the anxiety that radiated off of the other creatures in these caves, it was definitely not something to be trifled with.

Alleo Posts: 115
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
ali
alleo</style>
Below my soul
I feel an engine
Collapsing as it sees the pain
If I could only shut it out...
</style>

As of late it had been very rare for Rasta to be out of his sight for more than just a couple of minutes, but this time she had been out of his sight for far longer than he was comfortable with. Naturally he worried, but the worry did not show on his scarred face as it might have a mare who had lost their child among an ever churning sea of bodies. His bi-colored eyes shifted around the faces that were becoming more and more common and familiar, but he didn't see the one that was the most familiar. The one that put him the most at ease and chased away the gnawing teeth of loneliness that he hadn't realized had been gnawing at his life until she had, quite literally, stumbled into it. He told himself he was only worried because he had promised to protect her and he never backed out on his promises, that it was nothing more. Maybe if he continued to tell himself that he would start to believe it.

Alleo searched rooms he had seen her in and had taken her to with the both of them wanted a little space to breathe, and one by one they came up empty. He worked his way from the back of the caves to the front, his worry increasing with each step he took toward the opening and the world that existed above ground. Had she gone up there? Alone? Without telling him? If she had then she had done so intentionally because he wouldn't allow her to go by herself. It was too dangerous if all the talk about monsters and darkness was true.

The stallion froze mid stride when he heard another stallion speak Rasta's name. The other words he spoke had gone in one ear and out the other, but her name stuck and ricocheted around his mind. His direction changed and his steps sped up as he moved swiftly in the direction that Rasta's name had come from and he soon found the pale mare with a painted stallion and another mare. What was that feeling constricting his heart? Jealousy? No, he had never been the jealous type, it had to be concern for her well-being that was making him feel the way he was. He watched as she began to try to communicate and he stepped forward, her name falling from his lips much like a sigh of relief. "Rasta."

Alleo reached out and touched his muzzle gently to her shoulder, sighing, then turned his blue-green gaze on the other stallion, eyeing him critically like he would anyone else who he might consider a threat. Did it dawn on him that he might be eyeing one of the sultans of the Dragon's Throat? No. At this point what difference did titles make? What separation did the herds have? They had all been thrust together to live underground while havoc and chaos were wreaked on the outside world.

"I am Alleo." He said after softly clearing his throat. "What Rasta is trying to say is that she is on a quest for a companion that the Earth God has given to her. She is mute until Tallsun. In return for taking her voice the Earth God has given her her sight back. And I am sworn to protect her until she no longer needs my services. Protecting her, however, is difficult when she runs off alone." At that point he had shifted his gaze to Rasta and quirked a brow at her. Maybe she'd get the hint and not run off without telling him again.

Credits
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Footsteps, my gaze shifted to see a male emerge from our hovel. His eyes upon me with tense reserve before swinging to the soft looking female that stood near—quickly he closed the distance, breathing out a sigh of relief that had me turning more fully toward his approaching body in simply curiosity. It seemed that the two of them knew each other and on the best of days I might have remembered seeing a stag of his stature in close vicinity.

Words followed, informative in their nature and polite if also rather curt. My brow took an amusing ride when he mentioned that his reason for standing by was simply out of protection. The scowling of lovers was none of my concern and certainly not something I’d like to get involved with on a day such as this. “Then see ye two back into the depths, there is little amusement out here among the fire and smoke. Only wayward travelers and the dead stalk these valleys,”

I reasoned, holding his dual colored gaze without flinch or give.
After a moment I let my eyes fall away to give the briefest of nods toward Rasta, mostly out of respect. I hide the fact that this boy surprised me into wondering how and why she’d let a stallion nursesit her—but then again who was I to judge how they managed their relationship when the women that had captured my heart was in denial of all we’d come to care for.

v>
Image Credits