the Rift

[OPEN] They come
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

She flew through the darkness, eyeing the lower lands that been consumed. Eyes wide with a childlike terror flickering in each aqua depth; for she was still very young. Her flaming wings carried the slender but portioned frame higher with each flaming beat, the air up this high is rather thin—but the determined flame seemed to care not. Better to breathe a little harder than dive low and find the darkness nipping at her stick like limbs. Fina was doing this for him, for her Midas; not just because he had requested it. But because even though the heaviness in his heart could only be lifted a little…in the end, it would be worth this risk just to see his spark with something other than despair.

Watchfully the exotic bird flew North, toward the mountains and the clan that lay at its base. She flew along the treeline, ignoring their borders. Such things as walls and markers mattered little to birds. The heavy emotional weight of his feathers burned past her dirty talons—flames licked the slender strands harmlessly. In her mind was a certain mare, and either she would find that mare—or someone of equal trust that knew her bonded well enough to gather the message. Only then would this flaming entity depart. Leaving them to their fate, their choices and undeniably their death if the pick was wrong. A screech filled the heaven, calling those that would come. He deserved so much better, but instead inherited decaying death and shattered shards of family.

OCC: Fina is here to warn the Edge of the zombies and darkness in the best way she can.

Helmet & Eyes
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
The mare had managed to cover her light scratches in a salve and had swallowed the bits of herbs to protect against infection. Again, she had been pulling up those herbs that had reached full-grown and she was placing them delicately in her box that was slowly beginning to flow over the three-quarters full mark. It put a smile on the little mare's maw, to know that she would have some way of being certain that the creatures she called her family would be able to healed should the darkness continue to creep into their lands and take over.

At least then they would be able to eat something until they could find the magic to fix their wounds. Magic would be necessary, that much was certain. But the threat of the darkness would not allow this mare to leave her herd. It was her quest, yes, for such magic of light and earth, but there was too much terror beginning to strike for her to dare leave those she loved.

Shaking those thoughts from her mind she shuffled her feet and peered up towards the sky as night began to fall. That was when her golden orbs locked on a glimmering substance. But the glimmering was stronger, it was of flames. Flames. I've seen flames like a bird before. Is that Midas's companion? Resplendence broke into a gallop after it, meeting up with the screech that seemed to echo across the Edge. It was only once she had kicked up the dirt near where the bird was floating much closer to the ground that the claybank mare caught sight of the golden feather clasped into it's talons. "Midas? Trouble? Do you wish for us to follow? Is it not safe?" Res said, her mind piecing the images of the burning hawk and the painted stag of the Throat from when Kahlua and she had dropped off the glass statue at their borders.

Her head tilting to the side in concern. The darkness is taking over. It has to be worse than just no light... it has to be... The bird hovered for a few more moments, nodding her head in response to Res's questions. So she would like for them to follow. And, as Res stood up a little taller, realizing the weight of the responsibility now on her shoulders she felt heat lapping at her frame as the feathers was tucked carefully into her massive wave of tresses near her ear. There was a gentle nudge of the heat from the pheonix's wings before she raised to the sky and let out another harsh screech to try and gain more attention and floated, waiting for those to gather before they would take off as one.

"EDGE. COME NOW. WE MUST LEAVE!" Resplendence yelled out after the loud call of the phoenix who was floating not far away from her She waited for a few more to appear beside her before allowing her voice to take on the motherly tone that she rarely had the wits to use. A tone that actually held an authority - one she rarely believed she had the right to possess. But she didn't care. It was her family's safety and she would not allow them to die just because she was afraid of the world. Mirage had believed that Res was strong - now was the time to try and use the strength that the ink mare said she possessed. "I need help moving this herb box, in case people are injured on the way to wherever we are going, or those of the Throat are injured. It's large, and kind of heavy, but if we can find some way to drag it then it shouldn't be difficult." A pause and a shudder. "I will take Kahlua's basket with important energy herbs for the travel, should anyone need it so that we do not have to stop as often. I'm afraid that there is something far worse than a darkness out here and if the Throat is saying that it's not safe then it isn't safe. I do not know where we are going, but we will all follow his phoenix. Do not lose sight of it, she is our guiding light for the moment. Those with wings, take to the sky and watch out from above." A pause, as her voice gets caught in her throat. "Everyone. Be safe..." The tremor of fear slipped back into her voice, as it showed through her tense and trembling muscles.

They needed to be safe. That was all that mattered. And so, once everything was ready to go, she began to force the herd off after the burning beacon of hope that was left for them and to the south they went.

Angel gave me permission to manipulate Fina in this thread :heart:
Sanctuary thread is located here

Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love