the Rift

A theif in the Night [Open]

Morana Posts: 37
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Candy

It's where my demons hide....

I could feel the warmth now, the slow trickling liquid running down my stained legs. I had done it, I had killed again. But this one, she deserved it. My nightly brigade of hostile events, though I would never scar the innocent, not intentionally anyway. I didn’t feel regret for killing. And this one would be no different. Although it has come to my attention that the witching hour was just upon the horizon, as the lunar sphere lifted over the tree tops. The moon itself seemed to smile down upon my evil doing. Though, it wasn’t really evil was it? To take another life, that has also in turn taken many lives herself? I didn’t think so. But others might see things differently, not that they’d ever know.

Emotionless, I gazed upon my victim with glowing ice pools. I felt relaxed, justified about what I had done. Mother would have been proud. Well done. You would never leave me would you, Mother? Even in your death, your judgment still haunts my every action. And what did this one do my Daughter? She had seen many a crime scenes, my mother. She slaughtered someone’s child, and then her own. I see. Did she really understand the darkness that filled my soul; If I even had a soul, or a heart for that matter. But when it came to children, the innocent lives of the youth- were not to be toyed with. I better get cleaned up. They’ll be coming soon. Moving swiftly, my legs carried me away from the blood, away from the unicorn mares rotting corpse.

I needed to find a way to clean up; to wash the cooling blood spilled from the Unicorn from my skin. I had passed a river when I first came to this place; it’s probably best I get going. And so, I did. Briskly, I let my blood-stained cannons thunder across the plains. I didn’t feel rushed, or followed. I had gotten away with it. Again. And although I normally keep myself well-kept and groomed, I looked rather nasty right now. My skin wasn’t just splashed with the other mares’ blood, but my own. Scrapes, compared to her wound. They’d heal in due time with proper care.

With caution, I eased my speed; trotting into the river, the cold water splashing up against my chest as I moved in, belly deep. My glowing pendant, rippled upon my breast with the waters current as it rushed around me. It was freezing but it had to be done. It was almost amusing to me how water could so easily wash something so hideous away. How someone so beautiful, could be so deadly. Like new, my legs were a vibrant ivory again. The crimson stains had lifted, and left them to illuminate in the moon light. But I had to be sure, that all parts of me had been cleansed, so with a gut wrenching breath I submerged my body entirely under water. For what only was for a few seconds, seemed like years in the icy water. Pink lips parted as I broke the surface with a muffled gasp. Cold? Don’t ask stupid questions. Always commenting at the worst of times.

Pulling from the frigid waters, I stepped a few paces upon the earthen floor. The cold liquid rolling off my trembling silken skin like a rainstorm upon the earth; And for a moment, I paused to listen. I felt cleansed, and renewed. The sound of the droplets falling upon the pebbles below was soothing in its own way. Stepping lightly, I give myself a little shake to help speed the drying process, as I pause and gaze into the forest before me. It was beautiful, the way the canopy glittered the forest floor with rays of moon light.

Shoving my thoughts of danger aside I pulled ahead with caution into the shadows of the forest. The moon beams like rays of sunshine shown bright through the canopy and danced on my skin. Still drip drying from my bath, I did best to watch my steps, and to not become a tangled mess. This placed held so many aromas it was driving my imagination wild. The scent of death, life, Unicorn and Pegasi- even the mythical dragon filled the air. What was this place? This mixture of heaven and hell; ”Don't get too close.” angelic tones puffed into the air laced in warning; who would be the first I contact- Angel or Demon?

The air was thick, and the fog was rolling through the trees. Wind, playing with the threads upon my head gently, calling me to this place of mystery. Remember what I told you about the Darkness. I am the darkness. My velvet lips played a soft grin as I lowered my tiara to the forest floor to inhale its rich smelling nourishment. On the outside, I am beautiful. What creature wouldn't adore a mare with battle scars, and a slender painted bodice? They were all typical to me anyway, Equine pretending to know it all. When they know nothing.

Slipping forth into the shadows, I turn my pale painted crown to the smiling moon above. The moon beams trickling down like glitter upon the red pendant as I stood silently, listening for a crack of hooves, or heavy breathing in the shadows. Listen. I breathed softly, sorrel lobes erect and alert. They've found her. It would only be a matter of time now, before they would come looking for vengeance upon the death of their mare. But they would never find me here, where-ever here was.

[ooc: Getting used to writing in first person. Forgive the sloppyness at first. Anyone is welcome to join!]

Normal Speech
Mother's Voice.
Response to mother.
Table coded by Abba

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream
No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

Through the murky mist engulfed forest, shroud in night’s blanket, a breath of wind; a whisper of mischief, a careful conscience lurked- invisible, untouchable. His sight, a rippling hazy vision of that world surrounding, watched so meticulously the stride of the stranger; river water puddling in her wake. Through the fog it danced and twirled; bending through the legs of she who lurked beneath the moon’s ethereal shine alone; oblivious, guiding forward his partner to find those Pegasi who still stumbled towards the perilous plague beyond the labyrinth- the Threshold. But there were no feathers this night; no bat wings or fairy-wings, only this bland creature that bore flauntingly the tides of battle upon her sorrel hide.

The stallion crept with precision through the woods; extravagant wingspan ajar, passive flames curling and weaving through rust-red feathers; positively glowing in the half-light. So too did his mane glimmer, and the lavish tuft of tangerine hair sheathing the snapping tail at his rear. The Sun God had rewarded their activity; their labour and their love. Fiery eyes scanned cautiously the tree line ahead- they were there, Veci was beckoning for him; tempting him further, closer. He could see the stranger’s outline ahead, stagnant, the head upturned towards the spill of white light through the sparse canopy between, and he snorted firmly- to rouse her attention should not she have heard the quite deliberate scud of his hooves through the litter.

‘A strange one…’ Came the voice through his mind, and so followed still-frame snippets of her; white-blue eyes, evocative and beautiful, athletic figure, taut and trim, a pendant lying flush with the flesh of her breast. ‘She hears you…’

Unafraid, the soldier pressed forward towards her, ginger eyes narrow and without tenderness and trust- her bloodlines he shared; through some ancestral tie, and for that he could not leave her to those hungering wraiths in the darkness. The nearer he moved, the more attractive she became; his drive, naturally roused, though stewing hormones were quelled and kept far at bay. "This land, Helovia, is unwell. The shadows breathe illness and hunger for souls." Hector watched her unflinchingly, detached, his gaze stoic. "Follow me." The soldier, turned without waiting- he had not the patience to swim through mindless conversation; to linger in the face of danger. Duty called his heart, and though intrigued by this creature, he could not wait for her to agree- it was life or death; live or be eaten.

The zephyr swirled quietly through the span of her tail; weaving wickedly through the snow-kissed breadth while the breeze sang by.

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Morana Posts: 37
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Candy

It wasn’t long before the rustling of the forest floor would have my immediate attention. Though I would turn to meet the approaching being as if I had expected them to come; Pivoting in liquid motion I turned to face the nearing creature; he looked like them. He bore both a plume of wings and a double edge set of peaks upon his mask. Just when I thought I had seen the last of them, the last of me you appear as if sent from the shadowy depths to rescue a maiden of the night. Really, you were a knight in shining armor, your feathers glisten of embers and your locks spit of flames. I am intrigued, being of the ashes.

Did I get that right? Breathing in, the scent of heat and desert sands, the dust and palm that would normally be within a dry environment paint upon you like a mirage. Lobes loft down to the sides of my chestnut crown, threads weaving and winding about them with the breeze. Eyes, cold and empty gazed upon my welcoming. And to think, I thought I killed them all. Mothers no good remarks would always manage to irritate me from time to time. No matter how hard she tried to hide it, I knew my blood line. I knew and have accepted I am different; and yet I am one of them. Even though I’m the only one that can see it; royal blood of the Unipeg floods my veins.

He spoke to me, his voice like venom to my painted lobes. He introduced these lands, and spoke of the darkness an illness and hunger for souls. Although, I remained still refrained in the moment; what seemed like slow motion had turned into a rapid conversation of Follow me. And before I could even say anything, the volcanic knight and turned from me easing me on with temptation. Many options weighed in heavy on my mind, as I stood, hesitating in the shadows. What if foul play were to be involved, just an arrogant stallion out for a kidnapping? I had seen it all to many times.

It’s a trap, he’s the illness- he craves your soul.. Bronze audits flatten down, as I take an eager step into his direction. There is nothing to be afraid of; he bleeds as I do, breathes as I do. Fear, is one thing that always set me apart from you. Quicker now, my reflexes as I motioned into the stags direction. I did not speak, nor question his statement. Though do not mistake my silence for ignorance, and my kindness for weakness.

Weaving my legs through the foliage I would follow the volcanic one whom smelled of the desert. After all, it was either me being alone in the darkness of the night (I don’t mind that much) or being found by the previous herd for killing their matriarch. Let’s go.

[ooc: If you want to make a tread somewhere? I’ll reply to you ;] ]

Normal Speech
Mother's Voice.
Response to mother.
Table coded by Abba