the Rift

[PRIVATE] I'll see you next Tuesday. [Sohalia, Gaucho]

Note Posts: 183
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 6 years Buff: NOVICE
Sabel :: Iberian Lynx :: Stormcall bry
[Image: 50f4feb8c0907]

N o t e

The world was blurred, slugged in his eyes. Horses were everywhere and nowhere at the same time. Shadows were not shadows anymore, they were demons, monsters of unimaginable proportions.
Is this hallucinating felt like? The world had morphed into everything that it is not. This was a ponderable thought, Note would have mulled it over for hours if his own mind hadn't been going through a deluded nightmare.
The stallion stumbled and tripped, uneasy on his hooves. The terrain sloped, causing the poor fellow to lose what little footing he had. Note slipped and slid upon the ground until it was somewhat level. He drove his silver hooves into the ground, determined to stay standing. The dusty bay was terrified to fall in this state, he might not be able to get back up. So the stallion stood, trembling, eyes closed, in the..cave? Yes, it was a cave. That's what it felt like, at least.
'OK now?'
Oh, great. Now Note was developing schizophrenia. This voice wasn't his, yet it resonated in his thoughts.
'It me! Sabel! Please, please ok,' the voice echoed in his mind once more. It sounded feminine. How odd.
Something furry, about two feet tall, brushed against his legs, a rumbling noise vibrating through it to Note.
Then it hit him. It was Sabel, his petite little kitten companion! How could he ever forget about her? Note opened his eyes little by little, the world around him slowly coming into focus. He looked down at what he expected to be a small lynx kit, but was instead a larger animal. It was definitely his Sabel, his feathers hung behind her ears, but she had grown. And grown a lot. 'How old are you?' Note questioned the lynx, still shaking from his weakness. The lynx looked up, joy flooding her pale blind eyes. 'My two cold time soon,' She responded proudly, a cat-smile gracing her pink lips.
Two cold time..Her second Frostfall would be soon?! She was shuffling through her first frostfall the other day..
'No, no, no, this is a dream, it's all a dream. You're still a kitten, Sabel,' Note pleaded in denial. This could not be right. That would mean his little Skysong would be a year old, and Note himself would be six. That's just not possible.
'You were sleep for long time. I care for you! I two cold times soon, Note,' Sabel continued to boast, standing up straighter and not at all losing her happy tone. 'Sleep? A coma..How did I get so sleepy, Sabel?' Note continued to quiz the lynx. He had so many questions, yet they could only be answered by the most simplest of creatures. At least she was trying. 'Tree branch fell on head,' Sabel replied dully, leaning her forehead against Note's cannon. 'Very scary, I take care of you,' the lynx finished, closing her eyes.
Note lifted his head, the realization of past events dawning on him. 'Sabel, you are the single most amazing companion anyone could ever ask for,' Note spoke through their bond. He arched his neck, reaching down to nuzzle Sabel.
Now all he needed to do was build up his strength, find his herd, his daughter, and Sohalia. How hard could it be?

[Image: 52f3087fe3a26]
"The thought made Note's heart ache, but that's what love is. You don't care if the other person hates you or rejects you or anything of the sort because you just want to see them be happy."
pixel by tamme

tag me in all threads & replies!

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

Yesterday, I was terrified. Today, I am furious.

I am furious because I do not deserve this. I am furious because my family did not deserve this. I am furious because I cannot have nice things. I am furious because no matter how hard I try, I just cannot come out on top in this stupid game called life. Tears well up in my orbs and spill over; I shut my eyes against the pain.

On day one, I asked for Zenobia.
On day two, I searched for Zenobia.
On day seven, I gave up searching.
On day ten, I am convinced that she is dead.

Why? Because that would fit in with everything else that has happened in my oh-so-perfect life. I have tried not to be angry. I have tried not to be bitter. I have tried to redirect my negativity into more useful channels. But this... this is too much. Life just isn't worth this. I have lost almost everyone that I care about. My family was murdered. One of my best friends died. The other disappeared. My first mate left me. My second mate is useless (wait, that's mean, I don't really mean that, do I?). My first daughter died. My second daughter left me, and is probably dead. My third daughter, I lost, and she's probably dead. Why does tragedy follow me? Why can't I just be happy?

Why can't I have nice things?

I have been walking blindly, but now I open my eyes. My heart skips a beat, I stop in my tracks, and my mouth drops open, for who should stand before me but the very mate that I presumed was either long gone or dead? A loud roar echoes through my head as I am overwhelmed with emotion. Happiness is first, because he's here! The supposed love of my life is here! Then guilt, because, after all, I did fall prey to Gaucho while Note was still in the Throat. Then dismay, because I am suddenly sure I am hallucinating. The silence stretches out as I remain frozen, shock and disbelief evident on my features, and then, finally:

"Note?"

"Talk talk talk."
@[name]

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Hidden Account

N o t e

Find Sohalia. Check.
He would recognize that voice anywhere. Note lifted his head quickly at the sound of his name, although the motion left the world spinning a bit in his eyes and his stomach churning. There before him stood petite Soh, looking beautiful as ever in the light of the caves.
She had to be angry at him. She had to. That's just the way it works. If you disappear without notice for most of the year and spontaneously come back, people get mad. Not because they're unhappy to see you, but because of the fact that you never said goodbye. They needed you and you weren't there. Note understood the feeling, for he had encountered it many times before.
The look that crossed Soh's face was one more of shock, disbelief, even. Note was almost relieved at this. He would take it over anger any day.
"Soh, I - I'm so sorry I was gone.." the stallion started, attempting to move towards her, but only stumbling with little Sabel there to steady his balance. The lynx wasn't much help, but she was enough to keep him from face-planting in the middle of the cave.The dusty bay was still unsteady on his feet, tremors shook the soft muscles beneath his coat. As dazed as he was, he didn't remove his eyes from Sohalia, even though there were three of her, each unfocused, at the moment.
Excitement poured from Sabel, she longed to lunge forward and greet the mare that, to her understanding, had been a favorite of Note's. She didn't, for her shoulder against his knee was the only thing keeping the stallion standing.
Once a warrior - now comparable to a cripple. Note was disappointed, almost embarrassed of his poor physique. He would heal in all due time, that was certain. The only thing that was uncertain to him was whether or not Sohalia could forgive him for being gone...

"The thought made Note's heart ache, but that's what love is. You don't care if the other person hates you or rejects you or anything of the sort because you just want to see them be happy."
pixel by tamme

Sohalia

I don't know how I am supposed to feel. I thought that the return of darkness, the disappearance of my youngest daughter, the likely destruction of my home - I thought that all of that had been enough turmoil. I thought it was the world's way of telling me that I should just stop trying. But this - this - of all things, breaks me. I have been unfaithful, I have tried to forget him. Gods, I thought that he had left me behind, like everyone else - I have blamed him for that. For all I know, he's been trying his hardest to return to me, and I was too busy running around with Gaucho to care... Am I even happy to see him?

I don't know, but that truth terrifies me, and I cannot bring myself to face it.

I swallow hard to rid my throat of the nausea that has risen, to bite back the bile that has come with my self-loathing. Note starts to apologize; his emotions are written so clearly across his face, and I long to fall into his embrace, to pretend that the last seasons never happened - and, perhaps, if not for my own transgressions, it would be that easy. Tears well as I realize that I have dug my own grave. All of my failures, all of my sins, all of my wrongs - it all washes over me, and in that moment I realize that I am not good. I am not pure. I do not deserve nice things, and that is why they never last for me. I'm paralyzed with the truth of my own inadequacy.

And then he stumbles, and my heart catches in my throat, and some buried, nurturing instinct takes over. I move forward, a step at a time, almost against my will, for does he not deserve to know why I cannot greet him as I should? Should I not explain how I have wronged him? Can I truly stay quiet and act as though all is as it should be, when it is oh-so-very-clearly not? Suddenly I am standing too close, and I am shrugging my way beneath the wing on the side not occupied by Sabel, and, "Lean on me," I tell him quietly, my voice laden with the tumultuous emotions roiling within.

I grit my teeth and choke back the tears threatening to overflow.

"Talk talk talk."
@[name]

Sohalia
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Hidden Account

N o t e

What was this? Sohalia looked as if she was going to burst into tears, but not from joy.
Everyone has a downfall based upon their character, he supposed. You could read the mare's heart by looking in her eyes; her downfall was him.
Perhaps it would actually be better if he gave her a kiss on the cheek and left for good. The emotions that seemed to plague her impaled the stallion. He didn't care if she was happy to see him or not. He didn't care if she had lost all love for him. He didn't even care if she had been unfaithful..wait. Would she really do such a thing? Sohalia was so beautiful, with Note out of the picture she must have looked like fair game to others. Agh, it didn't matter. He just wanted her to be happy, if that meant her being with someone else, then so be it. If that meant him leaving for good, then so be it.
The thought made Note's heart ache, but that's what love is. You don't care if the other person hates you or rejects you or anything of the sort because you just want to see them be happy.
She moved towards him, slowly, more instinctive than willing. Her words were soft, full of too many emotions to count, though they were generally negative. Note gave out a shaky breath and obeyed the mare's commands, careful to lean on her just enough to keep himself standing and no more.
Sabel, feeling relieved of her post as Note's personal cane, frolicked between the two horses' legs, meowing with definite happiness. Note stole a look at the lynx, seeing straight through her innocent facade. She wasn't happy for them, she only sensed the emotions in her bonded and was trying to lighten the mood. He smirked at the creature, then partly turned his head to Soh.
"I understand that quite a lot must have happened in my absence..but please, please try not to act in despair. I just want you to be happy," Note paused here. He shook his head gently; his mane nappy, and overgrown from months of mistreatment began to fall all across his neck. "I can just leave again, if you want me to; if that'll make things easier for you," Note finished, choking out the words. Leaving her was the hardest thing he could do to himself, but it would be a small sacrifice in return for a smile upon her lips.

pixel by tamme

Sohalia

I remember when I first met Note. I remember how young and innocent and naive I was then - how easy it was to fall in love and think that maybe, just maybe, I could have the life that my parents should have had. Maybe that had been my problem all along - maybe I had been trying to hard to be my mother. Maybe I had tried too hard to find someone who reminded me of my father. Maybe I was never meant to be like then, had been destined to fail all along. Gods know I have had my share of failure. I slight shudder runs through my body as I remember the look of disgust on Gaucho's face when he realized that I had not kept Zenobia with me on my way to our sanctuary. Was there hatred there, or had it been imagined? Had he ever cared for me at all, or had all of my poor decisions, all of my rash actions, all of my passionate wrongdoing been for naught? Did he just look at me as another piece of flesh - the mother of the child that he hadn't even wanted? A failure? A burden?

Will Note look at me the same way when I tell him that I have lost our daughter? Will he hate me for not knowing Skysong's fate?

Will he forgive me for what I have done?

Do I want him to?

I find myself leaning into Note's warmth, wanting so badly for his love to wash over and through me, to cleanse me and reassure me in ways that I hadn't been in so long. I have shouldered the weight of the world on my own, outcast within my own herd, along among those who called themselves my family. I had been so close to happiness, and yet... yet... He had taken my happiness, back then, and ever since I have been trying to fill in the hole left by the death of our firstborn, by his disappearance. But how could I, with all that has happened? How could I fill the void that only grew with the disappearance of Skysong, the birth of Zenobia, and now, now, after all of that, her disappearance as well? It has taken some time and, might I add, quite a bit of effort on the part of the universe or karma or whatever sick vengeance that continues to act against me, but I am well and truly broken.

"Note..." I say softly, my voice breaking with exhaustion and depression. "I... so much has happened, it's all wrong, it's... I..." I take a shaky breath and concentrate on not stepping on the rather excited lynx darting beneath my hooves. "You don't want me," I finally say. It is not an accusation. It is not angry. But it is the truth, and it is all that I can find the words to say. How can he want me, once I tell him everything? And I will have to, you know - that's the thing about love. You have to tell the truth.

"Talk talk talk."
@[name]

Sohalia

Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

Everything was well on its way - at least, as much as could be done for now. The Spears were preparing, and the Siguls were gathering as much information as possible. It was not a matter of 'if' they defeated this darkness, it was simply a matter of how many lives had to be given in the process. How many would fall victim to this infection, before it was snuffed out? Would there be a cure, to bring back those like Gee-gee? Or were they forever lost? Such philosophizing was lost on Gaucho, but nonetheless these thoughts still rattled about his primitive brain.

How many, and who? Would Zenobia have to be one of those lost in the fray, in order to secure their safety?

Voices ahead - likely much farther than they seemed due to their echoes against the walls - stirred Gaucho from this contemplative state, and he was glad for it. One of the voices sounded like Sohalia, and the other....familiar, though he couldn't quite place it. Following the echoes, Gaucho's large hooves clattered noisily against the rocky floor, as his flame-tipped wings sent rays of light cascading ahead of him, heralding his arrival. The sight that he came upon, was not necessarily what he expected.

Moving into the chamber in which the the two were (and of course, the feline), Gaucho halted. Standing tall - at his full height - he towered above the two - both in build, as well as in pure height. The markings that graced his dark flesh were in sharp contrast to the pristine flash of Sohalia, and the many battles scars he possessed, far outweighed the one that lined Note's side. Although Gaucho knew nothing of the romance that had been shared between the two, he did recognize Note from long ago. The two had sparred and then...Then the dusty stallion had simply disappeared.

Gaucho's masculine features were completely emotionless as his stormy gaze took in the pair - of Sohalia holding the stallion up, with the feline lingering between the two. Spreading his black wings, the flames that lingered on the tips of his feathers served to fully illuminate the space, much like holding up two large torches might. The yellow light danced against the walls, as Gaucho's piercing gaze held fast. Even Mara, who approved and even liked Sohalia, remained silent in Gaucho's antlers. His blue-striped chest rippled as he took a step forward, gaze fixed upon Note.

Although Sohalia and He had never formally solidified their relationship - no words had ever locked-down or even discussed what possible bond their may exist between them - a very primitive and primal part of the warrior considered Sohalia his. What were a few words of promise, compared to actions? Hadn't Gaucho pledged to protect both her, and their child? Hadn't he fought countless battles to better protect the home in which they lived? Yet even after all of that - after becoming the Sultan of their herd - he was to find her alone, under the wing of this stallion? A stallion who couldn't even beat him in a simple spar?

For a creature as primitive as Gaucho, it was unthinkable, but then again, the cunning and unexplainable ways of love were often lost upon him.

And so the warrior stoo: black wings held high casting a light upon them both, as if spot lighting their adulterous actions.

"Soh-" His voice was a deep rumble, both stern and demanding, although it was impossible to tell if he was saying 'So...' to allow the two to explain themselves, or 'Soh', specifically focusing upon Sohalia.

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Hidden Account

N o t e

'You don't want me.'
The sentence echoed through Note's mind. That wasn't true. That despicable string of words were not true on any basis and never would be, for that matter. He still loved her, he still wanted her. He wanted to lay down in the middle of the cave with her and just spent the next few hours nuzzling in blissful happiness. He wanted to catch up on how things had been the last few months, how much Skysong had grown and all. What he wanted most of all was a chance to redo the last nine months.
Before the stallion could muster out anything that would reflect how he felt, someone started to approach the pair. Hooves beat down in the cave, the clunky sound resonating throughout the cavern. What a lovely moment for an interruption.
A light glow filled the gave as the someone came into Note's vision. He had wisps of fire coming off his wings, antlers sprouting from his head. He was enormous..wait, he was Gaucho. They had a spar many months ago, he believed. Note was unused to his magic then, still recovering from the injury (mentally and physically) he sustained on his side.
Gaucho seemed authoritative, his attention focused solely on Note. The dusty bay held the new figure's gaze, a questioning look found in his sharp, green eyes.
The new stallion spoke in his terse, almost unintelligent way of speech. There seemed to be multiple meanings of his words - erm, word. If that. Emotion would be a clue to whatever he was trying to say, but the only thing Note could get from the beast was almost a scandalous remark of what was happening here.
"Do you need something?" Note spoke, turning his head to the stallion and doing his best to remove his weight from Sohalia's side. It was most certainly embarrassing to be seen leaning upon a little mare to stay standing.
'Gaucho try to sleep for long time. Then Gaucho get back to you on thought!' Sabel spoke through the bond, stopping her excited motions to stand by Note. The dusty bay was amused by the lynx. She was trying to place Gaucho in Note's hooves. The beast would certainly not think this was extremely embarrassing. Now Note was barely dazed, still weak, but not shaking.
Gods, why did this have to happen to him?

pixel by tamme

Sohalia

He doesn't say anything, but I can feel the disagreement rolling off him in waves. Of course, he thinks he wants me. He thinks that we can just pick up where we left off, because that's what couples do when they're in love. Because when someone's in love with you, they don't go behind your back with someone else. They don't just move on when you disappear for no reason other than anger that you left them. When someone loves you, they hold out for you. They hang on to the hope that you're still out there somewhere, fighting to return to them. I didn't do any of that, and as much as I want to love him, I don't think I deserve the privilege. He deserved better then, and he deserves better now.

Before either of us manage to say another word, hoofbeats ricochet off the walls of our little tunnel. At first, I am relieved, because I am a small mare trying to support a weak stallion, and though he is by no means overweight, he is still heavy - but then I notice that the approaching shadow is very large and is preceded by a familiar, musky scent. My breath catches in my throat. No. No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Please no. But my silent pleas do me no good, for who should step out from the shadows other than Gaucho. He spreads his wings, lighting the space with flickering flames I hadn't known he had, and looks at me in the most accusing manner I can possibly imagine from such a primitive individual.

A very widely ranging mixture of emotions swamps me all at once. For one, there is something about this damn stallion that always, always makes me feel a bit weak in the knees, if you know what I mean. Second, he is glaring at Note in a way that says very clearly (at least to me) that I am his, and as much as I dislike being considered someone's property (do I, though?), a vague sense of pride in myself rises because I caught the steed's eye and held his attention and now he wants me. Third, he is more than a little terrifying as he glowers at the pair of us, as though Note and I, of all people, were caught doing something wrong.

Oh, the irony.

I'm not proud of the fact that I find myself cowering slightly before what I presume is barely contained wrath (though I might be over-exaggerating - but, after all, I did lose his daughter, and now I've been caught with another stallion). I am glad when Note takes his own weight upon himself, for it allows me to lean ever-so-slightly out of his hold - he probably won't notice the move, but Gaucho might, if he's looking at me instead of engaging in a pissing match with my mate. Is he my mate still? Should I act like it?

My auds flicker half back, and then forward again, my confusion and discomfort plain. I don't know what to do. I don't know who I'm supposed to choose - for doesn't this situation require me to do just that? One way or another, I have to walk away from this with one of these two stallions. And then, Note speaks to Gaucho. I want to beat my head slowly and repeatedly against the nearest wall, for if I know anything at all about my primitive little secret, it's that he won't take kindly to what he sees as a challenge. Even if Note didn't mean it that way... it isn't likely to matter, unless something has changes since I saw Gaucho last.

"Hi, Gaucho," I finally offer in what I hope is the least awkward way possible, though I seriously doubt that my discomfort is hidden. After all, the tension is so thick you could cut it. Gods help me.

"Talk talk talk."
@[name]

Sohalia

Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

As they pull apart, Gaucho's gaze becomes slightly sterner. Is Note pulling away, to demonstrate that he is not weak? Gaucho is after all, a much stronger and more able stallion - not to mention the Sultan of the herd. Perhaps, his fellow herdmate is simply trying to show that, of all the things that he is (a possible deserter, the former (current?) mate of Sohalia - although Gaucho does not know this), that he is not weak. While this might be admirable, and certainly Gaucho rarely showed any weakness to others...he wasn't convinced. It seemed that Note leaned just a little too much into Sohalia, than simple injury would dictate. Similarly, she seemed a little too nestled up to him. Indeed, Gaucho watched as she pulled away - if only slightly, from the stallion's dusty flank. A nurse or healer, might have snapped at their patient to continue to lean; Sohalia might have told Note not to be silly, to continue to use her as an aid, or to rest upon Gaucho. That is, if their intention was merely one of medical assistance.

And yet she remained silent, and Gaucho knew that all was not as it seemed.

As Note addressed him, Gaucho's dark lip twitched in a snarl, his blue-gray gaze snapping to the smaller, dusty stallion. Wings still raised, Gaucho advanced on the pair, taking deliberate steps, that resulted in flame-prints upon the stone which disappeared almost immediately.

"You the one who look like he needs something - " Gaucho retorted in a low rumble. Briefly his gaze flickered to Sohalia, as if to suggest that whatever it was he needed, it had better not be her. "You look...not good." Gaucho observed, letting his eyes drop to Note's chest and rib cage, before rising once again. He was sure that the stallion had been more muscled, more nourished the last time they had met. Yet now, he looked...well, not good. "Soh not a healer..." Trailing off, pieces slowly began to click into place. Soh wasn't a healer - at least, he didn't think so. If Note had only recently returned to Helovia...how had he known about the caves? And why was he down here, alone in the depths of the Sanctuary, with Sohalia?

"...If Soh not here to heal you...why you together?"

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Hidden Account

N o t e

'What's this guy's problem?' Note thought irritably to himself as Gaucho approached. Fire followed in his wake and continued to flare on his wingtips, making the beast seem more like a God than a horse.
A smile appeared on Note's ashen lips as Gaucho addressed him, disregarding the scorn so evident on his features. He needed quite a lot, yes. One of the newer additions to the list just happened to be for the Godly beast to leave them alone.
Note noticed Gaucho's gaze shift briefly upon Sohalia in a way that seemed to almost scold the mare. He could do and say whatever he wanted to Note, but the dusty bay could not stand the sight of him acting like that to Sohalia. It made him want to rip the stallion to shreds. But he couldn't. Even if his health was fully restored he couldn't. Note was trained to be an assassin, kill when you are the shadow, hide when you're not. Soldiers took their way of fighting differently. They charged head on, inflicting damage as well as taking it. The dusty bay simply had trouble with his prey fighting back, although he had done his best to adjust.
Gaucho's question astounded Note the most. He was almost offended by it. Sohalia and Note had been together before Gaucho was even welcomed into the Throat. He should have known about them.
It had been many months since the dusty bay had shown his face in the herd...did they forget about him? Perhaps that was how it works when someone leaves. You force yourself into forgetting they exist, no matter how hard it may be. You end up having to go on with life. Apparently the Throat had.
Note understood the importance of his next words. Next to him, Sohalia was flooding with emotion. In front of him stood a stallion that could ever so easily end his life if the dusty bay chose to say the wrong things.
"She happened to come my way in one of my weaker moments," Note spoke. That's not too bad. Based upon Gaucho's actions prior to his words, Note could only conclude that it wouldn't be very understandable to him, either. "I mean, she is my mate after all," Note hesitated, removed his gaze from Gaucho's to turn it to the petite mare. "Was my mate?" The words were spoken as a question. The way she was acting made it seem like everything they had been through meant nothing now. As if their relationship was a thing of the past and gave him no right at all to call her his mate anymore.
There was still an ounce left of hope in Note that maybe, just maybe, he could call Sohalia his mate and everything could go back to normal.

pixel by tamme

Sohalia

Gaucho stares at me accusingly, or so I imagine - but then I have always had an overactive imagination when it comes to disappointing people. I fear failure - I always have - and with my most recent accomplishments including the loss of not one, but two daughters, I have to say that my self-confidence is not exactly at its highest; so when Gaucho catches me with Note, I find his look to be angry and incriminating, and despite the fact that Note was my mate, not Gaucho, I find myself feeling more and more guilty under his withering gaze.

My mouth is dry, and I know that should I attempt to speak, my voice will come out in an embarrassing, high-pitched squeak. Instead, I stand in silence, my auds flickering back now and my bi-colored gaze dropping to the floor. I am the picture of culpability, and, of course, it is all my fault. But when Note speaks up in my - our - defense, I find that the truth catches in my throat. "I thought you left me," I say softly, defensively, because it is so much easier to place the blame on someone else's shoulders than to claim it for yourself.

And so, while Note may not have done anything wrong (in fact, it was shaping up to look that way), I have offered him nothing but guilt and shock as I place our predicament squarely on his shoulders, hating myself for it all the while. All because gods forbid I do anything that looks wrong to Gaucho - the stallion who would claim me as nothing more than a trinket, a shiny bauble with which to play. Would I really choose him over the steed that would give me his heart? They would both give their lives for me - but not for the same reasons. Note would give himself because of the love he bears me, though apparently I'm doing all I can to destroy it. But Gaucho would give himself for me because it's his duty.

It all suddenly becomes too much. My hooves make their own clatter, distinctly softer than Gaucho's masculine, intimidating steps, as I scurry backwards. "I- I can't-" My voice is foreign even to me as it falls from my lips in shades of pain and panic and guilt. Suddenly, I turn on my heel and run, deeper into the depths of the cave and away from the sources of my pain. Perhaps the darkness which had chased me into these caverns would somehow manage to offer me refuge, if only I kept running into its embrace.

Anything would be better than this.

[OOC | Annnd Sohalia, out. She's going to run over the Sunken Falls and flail sadly - either of you (or both) are welcome to follow her, but she's basically just angsting really hard xD]

"Talk talk talk."
@[name]

Sohalia