the Rift

End of War

Hellä Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I had nowhere else to go now. Isilme was past long gone, and now, here I am, trying to pick up where I’ve stopped over the years. But I refuse to give up, and I knew where I was going. I was one of those three blind mice. I was headed to Helovia. A place that I had overheard my siblings speak about after Isilme went down in runes. Now all I had to do was find that place, wherever it was.

My legs were growing weaker and weaker by every single small step I took, and I stumbled around everywhere. Yet, I knew I had to reach safety. When the moon reached its highest point of its zenith, the predators were out. One thing everybody knows, is when predators hunt, they hunt together, like a herd would fight for each other. I could fight small pack back before my travel, but now at this stage in health, it was useless to struggle and would cause more pain than it would if you just stood there and suffered.

Well, I wasn’t going to do either.

My legs pushed faster as I carried on, hoping to reach the boundaries soon or else my worthless legs would collapse underneath me. I tried as hard as I could to keep my head above me and to stare at the purified sky, because I knew if I looked down, it would seem a longer walk. So, I watched as the noon skies turned to a orange-purple color of the evening sky. The sunset was memorable, and would probably rest in the back of my cluttered head. The purple, yellow, and orange hues all mixed together, then the solitude of the slowly-sleeping earth beneath it. It was almost the most beautiful thing I had ever seen since I barely ever watched the sunsets.

Then that made me wonder.

How had I never recognized the beauty of the nature? Was I just that much of an idiot not to realize what reality actually was? Or did I only care about battling endlessly, because I didn’t know the first thing about what nature actually was. I was taught to be what I am to this day, not to watch the sunsets or watch the pesky little bees fly around, collecting their nectar in the spring. My life wasn’t revolved around that kind of situation. I was taught to do what I’m supposed to do, just like the rest were supposed to do. Fight for their family. But they had all left me there, stuck on Isilme with no one to hold onto. Did they care? Or did they even think about me anymore? Well, I would find that out, tomorrow.

My speed picked up once again when I saw a small shelter cover in vines. It was cave, little and round, with vines covering the entering, making it a blind spot. My body was tightened inside small space, but I would manage until dawn, and then move out again.

I woke up, then my body finally woke up.

I yawned, my mouth stretching almost too wide until it felt like it was about to snap in half. I stumbled out of the cave and looked down at my recharged pillars, dancing around underneath me, full of speedy energy. When my silvery dome tilted back up to normal angle and I looked ahead, a deep clog of forest line stood firm. I started advancing toward it with a excited smirk on my kissers, knowing I had finally found my target and I would now be back with my long-time-no-see family. Finally, my legs woke up and I began to arrive in a full blown-out canter before I stopped at the border and peered inside. It seemed safe, and so, I stepped inside of my new island.

Image Credits

Ayelet Posts: 51
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: V
Lior :: Melanistic Barn Owl :: Curse dark
Cautiously following a path back to the dense wooded lands, she fears that she may be attacked by the same species that attacked Kahlua. Praying as she strode towards the line where the forest begins, she wonders if the Gods of this land were protecting her from the beasts. Maybe the forest was safe just as the crystal caverns were? Desperately hoping this was so, the girl picks up her casual gait, turning it into something a little more frantic. Her delicate pillars carry her closer to the border, heart beating furiously as she reaches the first few rows of trees. She feels the red muscle twitch shallowly now that she had slipped past the tree line. Turning her crown to examine both sides, the girl begins to walk deeper into the wooded land. definitely

The thundering of solid hooves finds its way into her head, fragile lobes flickering to pinpoint the source. It grows louder... and louder. Finally the hooves are upon her, making her panic and leap out of the way of the speeding mare. She watches her stop at the border where she had just come from, auds perked. She steps out, her grotesque little bonded squirming from the recent bouncy ride he had received. Several clicks and clacks of the beak make the girl want to toss her head and glare at the lumpy little creature. Pushing aside her irritation she cautiously approaches the stranger. "He... hello?" Her lips quiver ever so gently as she lowers her head, trying to get a better look at the mare's features. "Are you looking for a residency? I know one not far from here..." She murmurs, glancing in the direction in which she had come. "We mustn't stay here for long, you've arrived at a bad time. There are beasts roaming, but my herd has found a safe place. We are the Edge, if you're wondering... and.. will you accompany me?" She trips over her words, not really one to spark conversation. How did Nato do this so easily? She wants to know what secrets he keeps about this activity of searching and recruiting. She certainly wouldn't be trying this ever again. At least, not alone.
"She talk talk talks."
[meep so short]
image credit to wintersmagicstock

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

"Ah yes, the Edge is quite nice." She speaks from her quiet perch in the thick trees. She had watched the whole scenario played out, and had to stifle a giggle when the girl almost got ran over by the newcomer, a grey mare. Now, Abishia stepped into the area, her dainty hooves avoiding a sharp, upright stick. She glances at the other mare, who had offered the newbie a home. Abishia's heart went out to her, noticing her troubles with trying to speak. The filly flashed her a kind smile, and a little giggle. Glancing back to where the grey had ran past, she let her orbs linger over the new mare. Dapples kissed her darker grey undercoat, and a beautiful luscious mane and tail added to her list of beautiful looks. She dipped her head to her, and the other mare. " I am Abishia. Welcome to Helovia, miss. Her words were more directed at the new grey. She then concentrated on the other girl. " Greetings miss! Pleased to meet you. I suspect you are from the Edge, Hm? A nice place I must say. " Harmony had told her of the Edge, and how nice it was, but just not as close as she had hoped for. The eerie light next to her that beamed off of Harmony, became stronger.

Puzzlement itched at Abishia, but she slipped away from it and focused back on the situation.
"Unfortunately, what she says is correct. You have arrived at a devastating, and horrible time. Infected beings are running around, and pose great danger. This is a new one for Helovia, but we are finding our ways. I encourage you to find a herd to latch on to in these troubling times. " She nodded her dome to the girl from the World's Edge, hoping that is was okay that she did the talking for her, noticing that the other wasn't very good at it anyways. "The Edge is great. They aren't far from here, and have a beautiful region to call their home. She smiled brightly, despite the worry that lay deep in her, caused by the constant thought of the beasts. But she didn't want to seem frantic around the two beings, and simply spoke again, her voice sing-songy. "Oh, and I musn't forget, what may I call you two? "

"Talk the talk.

@[Ayelet] @[Hellä]

Image by Wild. || Table by Clo.

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Hellä Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The dappled slid to a stop, before almost tumbling over a young mare. “Quite sorry.” She told her in a low voice before moving to the side of the mare, hoping she hadn’t injured her. She smiled; however, when she gazed up to make sure the mare was alright, her expression turned to frown of confusion and disbelief. The silver mare looked as if she was made from glass, with cracks streaming down her body every now and then. The way the sun reflected and almost blinded Hellä, made the dapple mare realize she was not fooled after all. She shook her dome and smiled, knowing she looked as if her world was full of stupidity.

Before the mare could speak, a filly came from the hidden dark that spread out beyond the trees. "Ah yes, the Edge is quite nice." The filly was unbelievably young for such responsible words, but she was hoping that the rest of the younglings would be like this also, for the dappled warrior had seen foals show there ignorant inside personalities too many times to count, but something was off-original about the painted girl. Hellä snorted and tried to eye them both, but it seemed as if it could not be done unless she back away. Yet, she didn’t want the others to think she was afraid and so she stayed where she was at, looking at one then to the other. “I’m Hellä; I hail from Isilme.” She nodded to them both and smiled.

From what the mare was hearing that was spoken by the blabbering mouths of the two mares; she wanted to move on to the Edge and see for herself of what the scenery was exactly made of. But she waiting until the each were done and then she moved about to the front of the two and looked back at them with a smile on her dark lips. “If we wish to not get eaten by these beasts, I suggest we hurry along.” A chuckled escaped Hellä’s throat as she began to move forward again; her eyes stuck on the path ahead of her.

Image Credits

I made it short because I would like to get her going. c:
@[Ayelet] @[Abishia]