the Rift

[PRIVATE] Form Follows Function

Reginald Posts: 165
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 hh :: 3 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Ka'Mate :: Harpy Eagle :: None & Ka'Ora :: Harpy Eagle :: None M.E.

speak

The fire’s scar still persists here. It is too cold for growth—so the soil stays black, the hillside bare and sparse in the cold of the coming winter. The grey-eyed prince does not know what he feels as he traverses this plain of dead things, an entire sea of life and comfort obliterated by his own infant whims. No storm stirs in the sky; the clouds that linger there are calm and pale, an unbroken vista across the heavens, barring their sight from mortal view. It is only dreary; there is no danger in it.

The spark of tears does not reach Reginald’s eye as he walks this place, the memories of his blazing rape washing in full color behind his eyes. He remembers those tears—he remembers the pull in his chest. He remembers, but does not understand why; he recalls the fear of death, the anxiety with which he thought of his brother. Suppose he was caught in an instant of sympathy for the screams that echoed here, some season ago? Perhaps, in that moment, Reginald felt the pain of a mortal creature, a customary being of blood and bone, which felt proper repugnance for the atrocities he spat from his mouth. He can only assume this much—for the inkling of humanity that shattered in his breast is well and truly dead. He does not understand why he cried. He would not cry now.

The earth is studded with gemstones. Since the grass has been unnaturally mowed and tended, he can see the earth quite easily. Despite the cold grey of the sky, the air continues to waft warmly against his hide—though he knows his homeland will be cold as well. He snorts in distaste; he bends down to observe the beauty hidden in the damage of the grass and the ruin of mice dens and burrows. The absurd crown on his brow bends as his head falls forward; bile rises in the back of his throat. He suppresses the poison of his hatred; there’s no need to be riled by a ridiculous trinket, indeed.

@[Jorogumo]

You can't escape the wrath of my heart
Beating to your funeral song
All faith is lost for hell regained

by: Kristi Herbert at flickr

Jorogumo Posts: 70
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 2 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Selkie

On the surface simplicity
But the darkest pit in me

Remnants of her mortality lingered in the back of her corrupted mind, it struggled and kicked but the beast subdued it. Jorogumo had made spread her ailment and she had every intention of ensuring that it touched every creature in Helovia. The living would soon be but a memory. It would be time to push into new corners of her home and find others to gorge upon. The butterfly had escaped her grasp and it made her feel all the more enraged. The hunt for the chou would resume later, there were many unknown faces that were just waiting and begging to be devoured. A wicked grin passed over her lips as she remembered all the times the adults stared at her in fear, and many even attacked her. Those foolish enough to attack her had all been morphed into monsters of decay and death. Ironic wasn’t it? They had called her an abomination and so many of them were now filled with similar malice and bloodlust.

Around her was sheer heat, and for a brief moment she forgot about the need for flesh and gazed down into the roaring fire. Sheer power radiated from the heart. The spider’s attention snapped away from the flames below toward a scent. Oh my! It seemed as though a mortal had wandered into the spider’s web. What delectable morsel would be hers to dine on and twist? Dissipating into a cloud of black, she moved toward her victim and manifested behind them and a mad giggle passed from her lips.

“Looks like I’ve caught you.” Jorogumo said, her voice oozing mockery and malice. This would be a moment to relish in, and she would let her every fiber feel triumphant, because she had won. With that unnatural speed, she waltzed up to the side of the boy and drank in the scent of his living flesh. “Where should I dine on first?” she reached out to attempt a small nip at his side. This wouldn’t be a quick meal, no, she would take her time on this one. After her previous failure she wanted to gain maximum pleasure from this twisted little game.

All four of her eyes inspected him thoroughly, trying to find an ideal place to begin her game. Why not rip off a portion of that pretty face of his? What an incredibly sweet thought, her playmate would always have something to remember her by. She lifted her lips to his ear and whispered in an almost sultry tone,“I’m going to break your bones and grind them into dust. Then watch you either die or succumb to the darkness.” A wild fit of giggles seized her and the spider legs at her side curled in as completely lost control of herself. The expression on her face hardened as she finally gained composure and she shrieked as she reached out her jaws towards the right side of his face.

It's pagan poetry

Image Credit

Icon by Bronzehalo

speak

Something smells. The air turns putrid—it was not offensive originally, but Reginald feels the air spoil, detects the curdle of the wind as though it has decided to go sour. He stops in his tracks. There remains a waft of warmth from the lava pit some ways away. Something stirs regardless of the field of ashes. He listens. The peace of his mind is shattered; the memories that surround this place are broken. It is now time for action.

*“Looks like I’ve caught you.”*

He turns to meet the voice—for he does indeed know it. She is there beside him, as though painted from the black dust from the hot breath of the lava. His eye is contemptuous as he turns toward her—the contempt turns into a grimace. She is not a thing to fear; this was demonstrated while she foolishly gamboled with him in his home, ignoring the bite of his eye, the hiss of something very real and dangerous. No, she’s not fear-worthy in the slightest; she is a foolish little girl who happens to not be scrawny. What she is at this moment is a disgusting thing indeed.

The pull of his nose is a disdainful one as he drinks in her appearance; the eyes that leak black puss, the tiny, jerking legs that reach out from her torso. These last send a thought of faint amusement sparking through his mind—she did not lie after all when she called herself a spider. It tickles him in a grotesque display of childish gaiety, and yet the decay of her flesh, the stink of her hide, the drip of her fluid and the reveal of the ivory bone remain distasteful. Reginald does not like what he sees; he stares at her, drinking in her appearance as greedily as he is wont, though there is no pleasure in his gaze.

She speaks of eating his flesh; her words crawl in an arachnid’s fashion indeed as her teeth flashes for his flank. Grey ears pin as he leans away from her, but his movements are slow, his reaction hazy and distracted as his eyes continue to inspect every detail of her horrid appearance. Then her teeth clamp down on his skin—quickly, yes, but it is very sharp, very real pain that penetrates the bubble of his observation. The grey-eyed prince snorts. He is done observing. He has decided he does not like this creature with her presumptuous teeth and gross eyes of black tar—she was better looking as a sleek, beetle-backed mortal. This world does not need more monsters.

No,” he growls as her voice slithers toward his ear, an irritating fly, a daring spider dangling from her brittle web. She shrieks madly; he roars in unison, his voice straining against chords that are used rarely above a murmur. His mother has taught him how to use his body; how his horn is as much a shield as it is a sword. It is minimal effort to shift his body, to face the insolent puppet of decay; it is not a face she lunges toward, but the smooth, crystalline edge of his horn, poised to break the skin of the interloper. He does not even need to lunge—she lunges for him, diving onto the immortal spear of her destruction. Or embarrassment. Reginald does not care, but he is done with this unbridled insect. She will be tamed.

@[Jorogumo] --(Sorry it took so long! ;_; )

Selkie

What a disappointment, the spider was at least expecting the boy to tremble and at best completely piss himself and run. No reason to pout though, there was much to be done in order to get this boy screaming. Soon, so very soon he would be writhing about pleading for mercy. The look of disgust that crossed over Stupid Boy’s face made her grin, at least she elicited some kind of reaction from the boy. That was better than nothing. Let their new game begin. As she reached out to tear his flesh, she felt her jaws clamp down on something. Waves of pleasure hit her as her jaws met his skin. A look of sheer lust flashed into her eyes, but it wasn’t or that silly little boy of course, it was for the taste of the shell that harbored the soul. “Mm, now that I’ve had a taste it’s time for the whole meal.” Slowly her tongue ran over her lips as she scanned his body up and down. “So much meat,” she purred excitedly and she found herself practically bouncing.

No, such a simple word and the spider child didn’t quite have time to react to a declination of her threats, she was far too busy preparing for the kill. Just as she began her shriek of war, it was matched with his roar. The idiot doesn’t move, she was the one to make the strike. Pitiful, the boy wouldn’t even bother to fight back. Well, so she thought. As she finally drew close she felt something pierce through the flesh in her neck. “Oh,” she said in surprise. Only a mere tickle shot through her body, and she found the feeling quite pleasant. Slowly she stepped back, oblivious to the black oozing from the wound. “Do it again! Do it again!” She bounced up and down, her tone full of girlish glee. “This game may be more fun than the last.”

The spider didn’t wait for the boy to come at her once again. Instead, she thrust herself forward flinging out her horn blindly in an attempt to rile the boy up. The need to dine on his flesh for the moment would be set aside, she should at least let the boy believe he stood a chance against her superior strength and speed. It was far more fun if the boy fought back and at least she was getting more out of it than the sweet nectar of skin and bone, but she would be killing a bit of boredom.

[@[Reginald]
I don't know whether to be sorry or not for masochistic Joro... But then again, she writes herself.]

It's pagan poetry

Image Credit

Icon by Bronzehalo

speak

His horn slides in much easier than he expects; the weight of the filly is great as it presses down upon his form. He backs up hastily; the smooth surface of his weapon pulls out without a sound, sleek like the fox as it plumbs the black, tarish blood from her decrepit body. It spews forth from the wound. The black ass of the ground becomes congealed with the dark substance, a sinister puddle indeed. Yet she laughs; she moans in most indecent pleasure, and Reginald stops his retreat from her, intrigued and disgusted by her reaction. The intrigue grows beyond his disgust—it is a curious metaphor to him, for her to enjoy the destruction he brings to her flesh.

“What’s wrong with you,” he murmurs, a subdued command for her tongue to move, the curious lilt to his voice burdened with the hint of a tremble. He begins to feel anxious—her sickness is worrisome indeed. He wonders if he, too, should catch the virus that causes her fits of giggles, her carelessness to her person; he wonders of the blood sliding down his horn onto the bridge of his nose will creep into his veins and poison him as well. Yet he feels perfect. All things about him are as they usually are—even his feeble heart begins to grow in tempo, for the excitement of their encounter infects him, even if her plague does not.

All this speak of devouring him; all this talk of being mutilated by his horn. He does not comprehend her desires—he cannot fathom her pleasures. He grinds his molars as she thrashes at him wildly, begging for his horn again, beguiling him into battle. He does not rise to her bait; he backs away from her advances steadily, his walk calm even as his heart beats furiously against his ribcage. A pant pulls at his lips; he ignores it. “Come for me,” he croons suddenly; inspiration has hit his tongue. A fit of indignation grips his mind, a young boy’s irritation. He’s done with whatever game she has decided for them—she always gets to choose the game.
It’s his turn.

“You want to eat this? he whispers, a hiss, a growl and a laugh rolled into one; he practically bears his teeth at her, the leer dripping from his eyes, falling from his lips. “Come here. Catch me.” I double-dog dare you. He backs away from her; the air behind him grows ever warmer. Fear threatens behind his eyes, but he is excited.

@[Jorogumo]

Selkie

>
The boy pulled his sword from her flesh and the spider anticipated his next strike, but when he kept moving back a frown passed over her lips. Instead of there being another clash, there was simply a question that hung in the air. For a long moment she gave no answer. ”The darkness devoured me,” her tone was grim and sorrowful. The spider’s face shifted and the monster for mere seconds faded and the damaged child that lay dormant in her mind awoke. It is said the eyes are the window to the soul, and in this case her eyes were so much bigger than a window, they were a doorway. Just as the door opened, the demon slammed it shut, making those moments seem like mere figments.

As the black oozed down his horn, a grin passed over her lips as it dawned on her that this boy would fall into the black just like her. Soon he would be a predator prowling the wastelands of Helovia for scraps of flesh. That would teach him that she was the queen and he was a mere bumpkin. In the end, Jorogumo believed, monster or mortal she would be the one to rise above and win. After all, their first game she had been the victor, over both him and the disgusting little chou.

Despite all her taunts and jeers, the boy simply stood there and refused to budge. All he ever seemed to do was disappoint. Maybe she should find a new toy after she crushed this little insect. But then he spoke. Come for me. He refused to lunge. “Remind me to find a new toy after I watch you bleed out on the ground.” She said it with a soft giggle at the end. “You tend to disappoint, and you’re quite stupid…” Her face hardened and all sense of childish fun was replaced with girlish malice. “I hate stupid things, even if they are fun to mess with for little while.”

For a long moment she contemplated whether attacking would be truly worth it. The legs at her side twitch and curl up at her sides. Well, of course it would be worth it. Everyone needed to taste the darkness or die, that was a simple fact. As the boy backed away, a smirk curled up on her lips. “It’ll take more than that to run away little bug.” She dissipated into a cloud of black smoke and materialized in front of him. “I have a splendid idea! Let’s play a game of tag, but if I tag you, then I get to rip the flesh from your bones, and if you can evade me you can push me into there.” She gestured to the powerful flames radiating from Helovia’s heart.

@[Reginald]

It's pagan poetry

Image Credit

Icon by Bronzehalo

speak

*”The darkness devoured me.”*

Reginald listens. The words that fall from the lips of the spider are the only words that matter—the only ones that are not dripping with the venom of her own foolish ego. The darkness, she says. The darkness that threatens on all horizons, the imminent destruction that sends curious sensations throughout his body, the reverb of terror that affects him so little nowadays. He feels it, yes—but the scream of the dying child in the fire cleansed his soul of the emotion, the flames of his blind enjoyment searing it off of his bone and sinew so that his apathy is complete. He should run; he does not. The black blood slides down his face, a river etching itself into his hide. He is here now, and it is here that he has business.

The spider seems to regain her decorum—which is sad. Her decorum is irritating, loud, uncouth; she is a filly in the extreme, a flimsy creature with vices that threaten to sour the prince’s mouth. The shame lies in her potential, for she was not some frail, ugly creature who wandered too far and got her head stuck in the serpent’s den. If only she would focus, there could be strides made—or he could just kill her if that sort of focus is beyond her. Reginald does not believe this. The darkness devoured me, she said. And now here she stands, a smelly, awful beast who talks on, and on, and on about some childish games of hers. Here Reginald stands, now the only child of their company, and the crown of branches sits firmly on his brow as the black blood drips from the side of his face, rancid and weak against him.

She chatters on; her voice grows annoying. Reginald pins his ears and his tail lashes. His anger is kept in check—but he allows the irritation to spring forward, for there are things to be done, and she must listen. Enough, he says, his voice rising above the custom of his whisper; he opens his eyes wide as he stares at her, no longer playful, no longer reserved and calculating. The grey of his iris splinters like granite and his horn remains poised, though the spider demonstrates a peculiar trick. Smoke engulfs her for moments; she materializes before him, reaffirming her monstrous nature. Reginald snorts, upset by the sudden movement; he feels the impulse to back away. He does not obey it.

“No more games, spider,” he spits into her milky eyes and into the blood that pools at her feet, into whatever egotistical bug has crawled into her presumptuous little brain. “You played with the darkness,” he accuses evenly; it’s not a question, “You toyed around and now you are a ruined freak. Enough playing. He stares into her eye; he lifts his horn to do so, speaking to the one who spoke to him moments before, relaying her fate. “Rip the flesh from my bones if that’s what you want,” he dares, taking an exaggerated step backward; his chest stretches, his neck is taut, and whatever muscle he inherited from his father’s blood is apparent, displayed for her, an offering to her madness,“Go ahead and act like the disgusting creature you turned yourself into. Go on,” he snaps, and his voice rises as the fire burns in his eyes, escaped from the kiln of his heart, and he is suddenly mad, GO ON!!

Or run, and leave me be, you idiot spider.

@[Jorogumo]

Selkie

Jorogumo

Throw along youngest stare arms reclaim stars unnamed.

The monster was amused with his reaction to it all. She simply laughed at his anger and felt a wave of triumph. Really in the end she always did win no matter what game she played. Meanwhile the mortal felt disgust riling about in the remnants of her true soul. As the boy raved about her being stupid and ruined, sheer loathing flashed onto her face as the boy accused her of becoming this. “BAKA!!” She screamed at the top of her lungs and she spat contemptuously at his feet. Just as the boy said, there would be no more games. Jorogumo had decided then and there she would destroy this mongrel no matter what it took. Beast and child were for once in agreement. The only struggle would be whether the beast or the mortal got to witness the downfall of the boy.

With every word the boy spoke she found herself falling more and more into rage, any attempt at a mask would be futile now. Both monster and child were bristling and waiting for the opportunity to strike the boy and push him into the flame below. Who would be the idiot then? Who would be the one stupid enough to toy with the darkness? It most definitely wasn’t her. Joroumo had run and pleaded for someone to come. Salvation didn’t come. Instead she was pulled away from home and desecrated. Now her soul was trapped in a body that was in between a place of life and death. If there was hell on earth, the child trapped with the beast was experiencing it. “ANATA GOMAN SHIRI!” Jorogumo shrieked. “Do you think I wanted this? Do you think I poked and prodded the beast? No! I was caught and dragged away. I’M TRAPPED IN A SHELL I CAN’T ESCAPE! SO BEFORE YOU BLINDLY THROW AWAY YOUR MORTALITY THINK FOR A MINUTE!” She screamed and behind it was every hurt, tear, moment of loneliness, and anger that she had ever felt or had. “Don’t put me at fault when I’m the victim. Don’t say I did this to myself because I didn’t. You will burn Stupid Boy, and if it means I have to burn with you so be it. I’m done being the victim. I’m done being the one that gets left behind or reject. I’m the Spider Queen and it’s time the world knew it. You’ll be the first to kneel.” The legs at her side twitched about. Devil and child were working as one. Two wicked souls bound together by a mutual bloodlust.

Jorogumo stepped closer toward the worm and for a moment contemplated running off, letting the boy chew on what she had given him but then she thought that would be far too easy. For a moment her pale eyes watched the fire below and an idea popped into her dark little mind. “I’m not going to eat you.” She said her eyes flicked toward the boy. “I’m going to let you live because I want a real hunt. The game isn’t fun if the other player forfeits."

”But, the games have ended for now little boy.” The child flicked her tail and stepped even closer to her prey and decided at the very least she would give him a solid reminder of who she was. With her deadly speed, she sliced diagonally with her horn beginning at the left side of his chest. Whether it struck or not mattered little. For now she would let this scene of their malevolent show end. She dissipated into fog and appeared a distance away from the boy. “As endearing as it is to be called a spider, my name is Jorogumo. Remember it, because someday everyone will.” The child smiled. “Nonetheless, I have a feeling that our story has just begun little fly. Now the question is… Where will the next chapter lead? Who will be the one kneeling in the end?”

"blah blah blah."

[Anata goman shiri = you ignorant ass.
Baka = Idiot
@[Reginald] ]

Image Credits

Icon by Bronzehalo

speak

She screams at him, and he laughs. Her venom spits in his eyes and she curses the air he breathes with hellfire; and gleefully the amusement does come to him, because he knows the wisdom in his words by her angry outburst. For her anger comes from the wound he has twisted--the wince and the hurt is evident in the foreign oaths she shouts at him. True, her mouth runs intolerably once again--If only she would stop talking, he muses ruefully, and learn to listen-- he is glad in her reaction to his accusations. It only means he is right, as he knows he is--and he lets her unleash her spleen against him, uncaring for her words, for they mean nothing. Her faulty ego, her stubborn pride and fear--they mean nothing.

And so, as she lunges for him, he throws his head backward in reaction to her fantastic, grotesque speed. He does not try to escape--for he knows it's futile against her monstrous abilities; she has been made powerful by abomination. There is more to it, however. That black, sickly-looking horn of hers catches the hide of his chest, grasps his skin, traces a thin line there across the cavity of future brawn--it attacks him, ruins his flesh, causes his blood to bead, then trickle, then spill down his fur onto the ashen ground because he commanded it.

Go ahead and act like the disgusting creature you turned yourself into. He gave her his law--and she obeyed it. Something wild erupts in the colt's kiln of a soul, dangerous and erratically excited despite the pain of his wound.

He knows what she's for.

The wound of his chest is shallow--but it does not stop the pain or the fear of his beating heart. It pounds rapidly in his chest; the imminent pant catches in the back of his throat. He stares into the dead white of her eyes, and his own grey irises smile in knowing triumph. She can talk and talk and talk all she wants: her jargon is dead in the water. "Jo-ro-gu-mo," he tests underneath his breath; it is a foreign name like the strange tongue she speaks in, a cacophony of syllables that tie together in a clash of displeasing harmony: it suits her just fine. "You are done being the victim?" he asks her, louder this time, for she has run from him and his words are meant for her ears now, "Break from the chains of this disgusting form. You are done being left behind? Stop running away. You wish for me to burn?" His eyes widen once more, blazing again with the light of his restless, angry, voracious spirit, "Too late. I'm already on fire."

He takes a step back--his chest screams in protest. Blood oozes from his shallow cut. Black tar continues to cling to his face, framing his eyes, his luminous horn. "Don't listen if you don't care to, Jorogumo," he says, quieter, his voice disappearing in the wound, "Call me stupid--disappear in smoke. It doesn't matter. Blood does not lie, and I bleed red."

He turns; he's done with the fire and the gem-studded ash. He needs the cave. There is a spring there, and he will wash his cut. "Come on," he says to her. He does not request her presence; he does not ask of her obedience.

He commands it, for now he knows her.

@[Jorogumo]

(Selkie, whether or not Joro follows is up to you, of course ^^ But either way, Reggie OUT)

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Reginald remains uninfected. His crown glows gold.

Selkie

Jorogumo

Throw along youngest stare arms reclaim stars unnamed.

The boy laughed, and this only made her hatred for him grow. How dare he laugh! Her legs twitched in irritation and the beast craved nothing more than to move in for the attack, but the child grasped the leash and pulled the demon in. Despite all the fire pulsating through her veins she did her best to tame her face and replace the passion with indifference and apathy. There would be no more laughter at the pain harbored inside her distorted heart. Never again would she let such vulnerability surface. Never again would she be mocked by this playmate of hers. The spider would make him respect her and make him choke on that laughter of his.

It wasn’t a victory when she felt his flesh tear underneath her horn. It was a weakling giving up. Part of her just watched the red blood ooze out of his wound. Such a lovely color, and she wanted to see more. Something glowed, and she wasn’t entirely sure what had just happened. Whatever, it didn’t matter. Hunger roared in her stomach and mind but she held restraint. There would be a time and place for her to dine on this specific hunk of meat. She would simply have to craft her web. Spiders were patient predators. They didn’t seek the prey, it came to them. Maybe this would show her insolent companion that this spider wasn’t one to be underestimated. She was the black widow that struck, not the spider that scurried away to avoid getting squished.

Grey met white and she permitted every ounce of hatred she felt toward him to burn brightly within all four of her eyes. Then she prepared to make her leave for she had given her piece, but the boy spoke and she listened to each word that he spoke. When the question poured from his lips she didn’t answer but then he continued on to preach to her. “If you’re on fire, than the blaze isn’t hot enough because I don’t smell burning flesh.” She hissed back to him. “All you have is a weak spark.”

This was perhaps one big waste of time, or so the devil declared. The child on the other hand grasped onto his words and held them close, contemplating each and every syllable carefully. Despite all her hatred, despite all the tension between the two, the child would swallow her pride forshe knew she couldn’t do it on her own. The boy beckoned for her to follow and for a moment she remained where she was but then a thought hit both child and demon. Only this boy could get her tongue tied and furious. Only this boy could meet her gaze unfalteringly and challenge her fiery spirit. The spider didn’t want to admit it, but maybe what she felt wasn’t hatred, but cold stone envy. Deep down perhaps she knew that in the end, she would be the one to kneel. What she did know is that a queen needed a king, and she wondered what kind of force could be unleashed if she remained with this boy.

The beast yanked at the child and reminded of their monstrous purpose, and for a moment she was going to evaporate and seek out others to devour, but the child’s desire won out. She evaporated and appeared at the boy’s side but didn’t even cast a single glance at him, she simply walked in step and permitted herself for the moment to be the obedient mongrel.

[@[Reginald] if you'd like I can go ahead and make a new thread for them in the wall of history.]

Image Credits

Icon by Bronzehalo