the Rift

[OPEN] Ascended

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

You ask me how a creature who is half-god can die, and I tell you that they do not - at least now in the way we consider death. So, when you saw that flame consume her and the shadowy smoke that plumed, you saw a spirit uniting with both the earth and the sky. Two bloods were torn, body sinking as ash to the floor of the caves below and spirit ascending to the metaphysical realm above, perhaps to exist with her father.

Israfel, daughter of sun. You breathed light, but no longer. We know not why this happened, but we know that it did. We saw you disappear, saw you leave this world. Perhaps you were needed elsewhere, or perhaps this world was just not meant for your beautiful temperament and kind soul.

We ask ourselves now, now that the world is out of balance, will it be whole again? What of the sun? Who will stand between the flames and our mortal selves? Will he bring new blood into this world?

Does he even know?

Due to extenuating circumstances, Israfel was given back to the administrators, and instead of passing the design along to a third player, we decided to do applications and allow the new player to design and create the demi-god.

The design will be given back to its maker along with the name, so Israfel is considered, from this point on, to be dead.

Applications should be posted shortly.

Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

His stormy eyes had seen, but they did not believe.

Iss-rah - she had told him her name, and he had locked it away like some precious bauble.

Daughter of the Sun. Of his Sun, a beautiful creature of white and gold. A bright beacon while he completed the quest given to him by her father.

And so, as harmless flames lapped Gaucho's wings and his dark ebony locks, he believed that Isra was similarly bathing in the light of the Sun. And why not? In the depths of the caves, without a guiding light or warm rays upon the face? Why shouldn't the daughter of the Sun be here, casting her brilliance upon them all?

But she wasn't, was she.

She was burning.

Gaucho's dark lips parted as he raced forward, black hooves scraping and colliding with the dark cave floor - sending sparks and tiny flames ricocheting away from himself, as he scrambled towards her. He was too late, of course, and only succeeded in breathing in ash and smoke. His eyes watered as his wings beat, hoping to dampen whatever flames might be left, but those too were gone.

Only Isra's spirit, rising high into the caves, twinkling with a new brilliance.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" Gaucho screamed mournfully, rearing onto his hind legs, and swiping with both front hooves as well as his wings, at her disappearing ether.

The child of the Sun dead. What did it mean?

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

Something washes over me, a sudden feeling of depression. My heart sinks as I rise, purple tinted bodice trembling profusely. I'm sobbing, tears running down my face in a steady stream of crystalline droplets. I can't handle the emotions that hit me as consciousness draws closer to me. My mind is showing images of Mother, her body mutilated by the creatures that have overrun Helovia. My wings are wrapped close to my sides, temptation giving in. I begin to pull feathers, stressed out by these horrific images. Red and purple down flutter down around me, catching on my dark lips. I'm praying that these images will stop, but they don't. They drift on, until I'm seeing a familiar body, although the name is not matched to the face. Is... Isr.. I've stopped plucking, now focusing on finding a name for this girl. I hear hoofsteps coming from farther along the caverns, my ears perking up in curiosity. Following the source I appear in time to see the pale girl, her body fading, spirit slipping from her body. Fire, a column of flames consumes her. Bellowing from the red flames is a plume of smoke, rising into the sky. Ashes to ashes... her body disintegrates, we all fall down, falling to the cave floors in a clump of ashes.

Israfel.

The bay stallion beside me wails, voice echoing off the cavern walls. He rises to his full height, a giant compared to me, still a fragile foal to his large frame. He swipes at the fading spirit of the girl, his massive flapping wings causing her ashes to stir. "Stop! Stop!!" I begin to scream, running towards him to keep him from further disturbing the ashes. "Stop... please. " My knees are weak, my stomach is sick, I can't handle anything at this moment, too weak to stand. First I lose Father, than Mother and Brother, and now a girl I had barely known dies. I shouldn't be upset about her death, yet witnessing it causes me to break. I can't handle anymore losses in this life. My knees give out on me, leaving me to tumble to the cold stone ground. A small cloud of ashes arises from the pile, caused by me falling to the floor. I can't be Mommy's brave soldier anymore, too much pain has caused me to weaken.

"blah blah blah."

ooc: < / 3 had to post this
word count: 395

SquirrelyTodd.deviantart.com | TwiWolf.deviantart.com

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily
Why or how they wandered to this part of the caves the young roan did not understand. What she did know, was that her son that had both been wanted and unwanted was dead... Murdered before her eyes right before the Edge fled to come here. Not only that, but Breeze had returned... But Kiara did not know where he was now. She hoped he made it here.... Her heart still beat for him and him only...

It was Keiran who had spotted the burning body first. His soft yowls attracted the young roan he was bonded to. Together they moved to get closer, curious for the first time in months. Together they watched as the demi-goddess that had called the Edge home, died.... Or well, burned... To be honest Kiara wasn't sure what exactly happened that day. Either way, the world was one less child of the Gods.... This could not be good. Two others seemed to be watching and both seemed to vocalize the pain they felt. One charged forth, making a mess of himself and the ashes that were left behind. The girl however tried to stop him from further spreading the ashes around. Kiara merely sighed and turned to leave. There were no words needed, she barely knew the girl. But the least she could do was find the rest of the herd and tell them of her death.... Keiran yowled softly and turned to pad alongside his bonded. We all have to die someday, some just sooner than others. His deep voice was soothing to the fem, even if his words were cold. It was hard to believe she had been so broken when she had bonded with him.... But somehow, he healed her...

"Talking"
Kiara

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.