the Rift

[OPEN] better dig two

Abraham Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3 hh :: Three years HP: 71 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwyneverre :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath & Brienne :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Frost Breath Time

abraham // gwyneverre

Archibald had told his sons of his bond with Loretta--of the ease of communication the two held with each other. Abraham wondered if this egg and the dragon within would have a bond with him that was closer than an other bond on the face of Loorien. Abraham continued to let his mind dance as he walked through the caves. Reginald had led them here, and within the walls his brother and father remained and wandered. Loretta left the dark prince to his wanderings and returned to Archibald. The boy wondered if the crimson and white bitch enjoyed being a guard for the growing colts, him and his brother, but settled on the decision that she did not. Loretta was a warrior alongside his father, not a babysitter.

The colt was lost in the catacomb of his mind when the egg in the basket that hung from his jaws began to stir. It had been moving for several nights now and Abraham was itching for it to hatch. Stopping on a dime, the youngling sat the basket down on the hard cavern floor. Instantly, the basket flipped on its side as the egg shook violently within. The obsidian draft gasped and sucked in a breath, taking a step backwards as the egg rolled from the basket. The egg began to crack, still shaking violently. Within moments the egg bursts open, shards flying everywhere as baby wings unfurled and limbs thrashed outwards. Laying in the wake was a glossy, white reptile.

Abraham let out his breath after holding it for what seemed like an eternity. Lowering his head to the ground the colt walked forward. He nudged the young, scaled dragon, causing a pur to stir from deep within its pale white chest. A smile tugged on the corners of Abraham's lips. "Hello, little one," he said gently as the dragon shifted to sit upright on her haunches, wings tucked into her sides. She looked up at him with eyes of liquid fire, large and very infant-like, and twilled gently. The sound was pleasing to Abraham's ears, and a sense of relief flooded him that he had never felt before. Quickly, the reptillian female rubbed her scaly muzzle against the colt's velveteen nose. His mismatched eyes glittered and he whispered gently, her name, "Gwyneverre."

The white dragon had a square shape, and already she looked very strong and able. From her face grew several horns--from her chin, cheeks, eyebrows--each a hard ivory. Around the back of her skull and moving around the crown her queen were the longest and sharpest looking of her face-horns. Abraham knew she would be great. Her chest and underbelly were the lightest parts of her, being the purest of white, which her back and wings were more dull in comparison with hints of grey and chrome in her scales. She possessed very bat-like wings with a claw protruding from each digit, and the membranes between were nearly translucent and yet, still shiny, and reflected many colors. Her body was sleek and blocky, but not other horns protruded from her scales. She had very long feet and hands that, though unknown to Abraham, were very close to that of human hands, while her feet resembled that of a normal dragon. From the tip of each grew great claws.

Letting out a small sing-song trill, Gwyn clambered over closer to Abraham. She grabbed strands of his mane in her able, clawed fingers and climbed up towards the colt's horn. She perched herself on the boy's crown and spread her wings, taking her right hand and placing it directly on the boy's forehead in front of his horns, the rest of her body curled around them. White flashes flashed in Abraham's vision and he closed his eyes tightly. Panic gripped his chest. She's going to kill me! His heart flailed, beating rapidly in his deep chest. The colt's breathing came out in quick gunfire. Pain ripped through his skull and lasted several seconds, but as it soon dwindled, Abraham began to open his eyes. The young prince was seeing the world differently, as he was looking down at himself. Jumping sideways Abraham blurted out and sputtered, "Are these your eyes!?" The colt sounded startled as he looked, through Gwyn, into his green eye. Closing his eyes again and opening them quickly, Abraham returned his own vision. Gwyneverre simple nodded and tweeted above him, a proud sort of sound, and shook her leathery wings. Abraham took a deep breath.

Their bond was solidified.

broken windows and ashes are guiding the way

Image Credits

Holy water cannot help you now
Thousand armies couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money
I don't want your crown
See I've come to burn your kingdom down

pixel by tamme

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

Destrier and Suli</style>

Nip. Nip. Tug. Nip. Tug harder. Slap.

It was the last one that sent my head jerking back, stirring me from my sleep with surprise and causing me to scramble to my feet. Are we under attack? my dreary mind rushed to find answers, Is somebody hurt? Is there-... My worries all ceased when Suli's head appeared before my eyes, upside down as she peered at me, craning her neck from her perch between my ears. Taking in a deep breath and then letting out a heavy exhale, I shot the dragoness a glare, but it was exhaustion rather than anger that fueled it. "What?"

From where she sat, claws latched firmly around wavy forelock, Suli seemed to bounce. Normally she would have rolled with humor at my reaction to her tail popping me in the face, but today something seemed different as she flipped herself over onto my muzzle, tugging persistently at my mane and pushing against my face with all her might as though she could drag me. "Follow," came her voice through the bond, sounding strained as she continued her attempts to get me to move. At her simple request, I furrowed a brow; what it could be, there were so many possibilities that I wouldn't even attempt to pinpoint one. Finally relenting for fear of the worst, I urged her to go on and lead the way. Using my forehead as a springboard, she pushed herself into the air and did just that, and I trotted carefully after her.

Suli came to an abrupt halt some ways into the cavern and I did the same, watching as the little green zeroed in on a small white creature that was stock still on the cave walls. When it started to move and scramble for cover, though, it was too late, and its life was squandered in Suli's talons. She looked proud of herself at her catch, but rather than devouring the salamander right then and there as she usually did, she brought it along as she continued to lead us further into the cave.

'Gwyneverre.'

I heard the spoken name just a minute later, and I slowed myself to a calm walk and then stopped when I realized what Suli had been leading me to. Ahead of us, shards of broken eggshell could be seen scattered across the stony floor, and near them stood a leggy colt of ebony and ivory with eyes wide and wondrous, but he was not alone. Making her way up to the colt's head and around his horn was a white dragon, looking worlds different than my Suli but beautiful nonetheless. I kept still and quiet as I observed however, for I knew that this was a precious moment that could be easily ruined. Colt and dragon were bonding in a deeper way than words could ever describe and I wouldn't dare interrupt them until it was over, even as the colt looked as though he were about to be killed. I bit back a chuckle and simply watched the moment until all seemed to calm and their bond was official.

"She's beautiful," I remarked as I finally moved forward, hoping I wouldn't startle the youngster nor his newborn compatriot. Suli wasted no time in flying ahead, hovering just over the colt's head unless he moved, in which case she would have persistently followed to offer the salamander to her alabaster kin. 'Eat,' I could hear her saying, uncertain if dragons could hear the words of another or not. It was an interesting thing to wonder, one I'd have to ask the little green later on.

Turning my attention back to the colt, I dropped my head and cast him a gentle smile. If I was honest with myself, he reminded me fondly of my own children, Laila and Luken, when they had been the same age. "Forgive Suli, she says your friend needs to eat. Gwyneverre, I think I heard you say..?" I paused a moment, giving him time to answer before giving my own name. "I am Destrier. Who are you, young one?"

"Speak."

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Abraham Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3 hh :: Three years HP: 71 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwyneverre :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath & Brienne :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Frost Breath Time

abraham // gwyneverre

Gwyn trilled again, her joyous mood reflective of her newborn state. She had been in that egg for far too long, waiting for the right bondmate to present itself to her. Abraham was the one--the colt was strong and true, he would forever hold her heart. She had little speech at this point, but she would show the boy her needs, wants, desires, fears--everything, she would show him through their bond. She had already shown that she can transfer her vision--the knowledge so bred into her by instinct that she knew it and dreamt of it in her shelled-prison. A thousand years of sleep was well worth waiting at the bottom of the ocean for this colt.

"Gwyn," The child let the name roll off his tongue again, confused of where exactly it came from. He had never heard it before, nor had he ever thought of it until he gained purchase of the vision of the monochromatic reptile. Sighing, contently, Abraham lowered his head to rest. He felt extremely drained all the sudden, the toll of the bond commencement taking its own agenda on the youngling's thick body. However, before the colt can rest, he is startled awake. From the way he had come initially sounds a voice, causing the cold prince to turn on his heels to face the new, tall creature before him. The obsidian equine was not as large as his father, near more his mother's size, but it was an intimidating sight nonetheless. "Oh, uh...thank you."

It was apparent the young man had not been accustomed to showing gratitude before, and the words felt fowl on his tongue. Swallowing back the taste, the prince loosened his shoulders. The friesian equine before him did not seem to be a threat, and from his own bond burst forth a larger, green dragon. Above him, Gwyn went to action. Her fiery eyes glistened and she jumped from Abraham's forehead. The white spread her wings and glided towards the green, a light singsong-growl playing from her throat. Abraham was confused, and he sought Destrier's eyes. "Abraham--" He breathed, almost dismissing the name, "Why are they acting like that?" Abraham asked. It was then that the black stallion confessed that his dragon needed the white to eat.

"What? What do dragons eat?" There was a deeper question behind the innocence of the mismatched eyes. How was he to provide for this new, young, infant-life?

broken windows and ashes are guiding the way

Image Credits

Holy water cannot help you now
Thousand armies couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money
I don't want your crown
See I've come to burn your kingdom down

pixel by tamme

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

Destrier and Suli</style>

Looking down into the face of the youth, it was clear that he wasn't too sure how to react. I had wondered if it would be best for me to simply stay back and leave the newly bonded pair to themselves, but I'd been unable, remembering my own joy the day Suli had hatched and we had formed our own bond. It was certainly a special moment unlike any other, a knitting of two souls, but that day had been made all the more special by the gathering of my peers.

The boy introduced himself as Abraham, but his attention was hardly on my question and instead on the hovering forms of green and white. A deep chuckle passed my lips as I too looked at them; I could feel Suli's yearning to play as well as her instinct to nurture the newborn, despite Gwyneverre not being her own. A deeper, more matured growl sounded from the green's throat in response to Gwyn, but it was all in good nature. She began to descend towards the ground then, taking the salamander in one set of talons as she landed before grabbing it within her teeth, setting it down in front of her. If the white followed as she had intended, Suli stuck her neck out and shoved the amphibian towards her younger kin with a mighty huff.

Only then did I shift my gaze back to Abraham, a smile still lain across my face. I had never seen him before, and his markings didn't bring any immediate ideas as to his parentage to my mind. He was not from the Edge, I knew, but where had he come from? Were his parents somewhere within the cave, or had they been lost to the darkness? The questions were the same ones I often asked myself since arriving here regarding my own children, and I quickly shoved them from my mind. This was a happy moment, and I wouldn't soil it with such melancholic thoughts.

"I like to think that they're simply happy to see one another," I answered the colt's first question, giving the slightest shrug of a shoulder, "For why shouldn't they be?" My gaze shifted briefly to the dragons once more, watching curiously their behavior before looking back to Abraham at his question. When I had obtained Suli and learned what she was, I'd asked myself the very same thing. I'd been plagued with worry that I wouldn't be able to care for her properly, that I would kill her without meaning to simply for lack of knowledge. But nearly a year later, she was still here, grown and a bit of an ass at times, but, we'd grown closer than I could have ever imagined.

With pursed lips, my expression turned thoughtful. "I'm sure there are varying types and species that prefer different diets, but of all the dragons I've ever met, all were carnivores. Suli there, for instance," I said, gesturing with a slight tilt of my head, "Prefers squirrels, but she'll eat anything. I've even seen her down a couple of berries before, but... I don't think they were good on her belly."

"Speak."

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

Large frame teeters on the edge, eyes flickering. The hounds lobes flicker at the voices rumbling from inside the tunnels. Outside she heard the faint whisper of Master's desires, kill kill kill kill. Nothing more, nothing less. Always this same word, repeated over again and again. The hound found it increasingly harder to push away the darkness, only using the crystal chambers as a barrier between her mind and Masters. Sick of staring into the eyes of the lava demons, she turns her head and carries back her prey. It was surprising she had found such a fat creature at this time of season, they were usually already gathered in their dens, getting themselves even fatter. The hound doesn't care much, in fact she's quite pleased that this squirrel decided to take a stroll before hibernating.

Trodding lightly into the large main den, the hound stops to smell about. So many horses had been jammed into this underground fortress, yet none of them she recognized. She found that Mistress's scent was not there, nor was her loud mouthed friend to be found. Ears lay against her skull, swerving around the irritated lumps that were sprouting from her crania. The things had appeared a few months ago, their growth rate slowly but surely beginning to speed up. They were now growing rapidly, and the hound knew well what they were becoming. Horns, all the better to kill with.

Trying to find herself a nice, comfortable place to lay and eat her food, the Hell beast has no luck. The sound of voices grow prominent, and she allows herself to raise her head to see what matters are taking place. She happens upon the scene of a shattered shell, creamy white. Its remnants lay on the floor, scattered about at the hooves of a boy. Her dual tone eyes draw out a white figure dancing upon the head of this child, and she is just in time to watch the dragon leap off to meet a green one of larger size. The hound has never seen on of these creatures before, they are smaller than her, yet look fierce. The elder one carries with it a small body, something that doesn't look pleasant to consume. A larger black stallion watches the two companions, the horned boy does the same. Taking hesitant steps forward, the juvenile takes a seat to watch the two reptilians just as their bonded were. The hound gently places down her squirrel and begins to consume it, chewing it greedily. As she chews she peers at the curious little thing the green reptile had offered to the white, realizing it was some slimy little amphibian.

"Talk talk talk."
[sameira just crashed her first thread :P]
Image Credits