the Rift

I Shelter The Truth With Lies [Open]

Quinn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Quinn
War does not determine who is right -
only who is left.

I have lived a lie. I've been willing to die for it, fight for it, even loose myself for it, and now I wonder; for what? I am no boy nor will I ever be. I would not go as far as to say that it hurts, but it's close. When you have lived your whole life as a puppet, you learn how to let go of the strings that make you dance. You accept it. It's as easy as that.

Pain. It was here again. I had expected it to come sooner or later, and guess what? It made it very clear it is here to stay. I don't mind it though. Pain is something all must endure and I have made it my friend. A soft grunt escapes my throat as I almost stumble. I got to pay attention to my surroundings. This is not what I am used to. I come from sand, warmth and endless summer. Then why I am here? I've asked myself the same question over and over again, but only one answer my heart gives me. The creed. My creed; To do what is best for all.

I can not think about it. I am a warrior, not a doll! My head turns towards the skies, hidden behind the thick foliage of the forest. As I breath in, I smell pines, water and cold. Is it that season already? A shiver builds up in my body and I shake it off. No, I got to stay focused, I can't turn back now. But damn, the cold. I am not made for this!

Wait! I stop suddenly as my ears and brain tries to process the sound I just heard. Was that a bird or something bigger? I fill my lungs with cold air in search for the answer. My whole body works together as a well oiled machine to fill in the blanks. Yes, that has to be a horse. Do I want to figure out if it's a friend or foe? I lower my head and feel the muscles in my body, as the answer rings clearly in my mind; Too late.

Nato Posts: 84
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: 13 Buff: NOVICE
Candy

All too much had happened of the last few nights here in Helovia. But at least now, his mind could rest at ease that his daughter was hidden in the depths of the caves, where no evil could reach into its rock walls. It was nice, to honestly not have to worry about her during this time of darkness. It wasn’t the darkness that scared him; it was losing Nyx that would be his greatest fear in life; as far as the onyx knight was concerned he had nothing else to lose- though his thoughts did dwell on his herd mates from time to time. Perhaps they too, have been consumed? Or perhaps they got away, and escaped the clutches of death and infection... or whatever it was that he witnessed that day.

Moving with liquid motion, the stallion carried himself with awareness being his first priority. He wasn’t sure if those things had moved into the Threshold or not; so he wasn’t about to risk it. But he continued on, his crimson glowing eyes illuminating through the darkness as he was on the prowl for any silhouette of an equine he could find. He had left the caves, in hopes that he could save another life, or two. He had come a long way in his life, from once killing and not caring to a new found emotion of nobleness, and the strong will to defend those in need. Just as he sought to defend Kahula before she was attacked, she turned and had run from him- and he had done the same. What was this world coming too?

Heavy breaths of hot air puff steam around his velvet maw, as he rested his eyes upon a figure walking in the distance. Crown of ink twists to the side, as the curvature of his neck arches down upon his approach, threads bouncing in rhythm to his stride; weapon drawn should this be a dire mistake. It was a unicorn mare, pale face- her hinds dipped in snow. Intrigued the demon moved closer, his pace slowing as he notices she halts her movements, and searches for him. She knew something was there; so he might as well make himself known. And he did; pulling his massive figure from the shadows, his eyes remained locked upon her. She had only a tuft of hair for a tail, and no main e resided upon her neck and forehead- this seemed all too familiar. He had seen that culture before.

But he would have to question that later. "Mare." He grunted into the cold crisp air, his lungs rumbling with his voice. "A darkness covers our land, it’s not safe here." nor anywhere he could have finished; but refrained. "We need not stay here, come with me?" He finished in question, walking closer her noting her scars upon her chest, and her orderly blue eyes. But he said nothing more, he couldn’t make her follow- but he hoped she would.

[ooc: Nato knows for a fact that Worlds Edge has been attacked, so he is not going back there. <3]

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

d'Artagnan
the nightshade
</style>
There was something sick about the air, something stirred and yet, d'Artagnan stalked the shadows as usual, unaware of the danger sparking. The shade wore an irritated expression, ever since he ran into that stupid tree he'd had this... This thing! Strapped to him. At first it had rubbed, making his skin irritable and his walk rather disjointed as he tried to get used to his new attire. Many times he'd taken to ripping at it with his teeth, or rubbing it up something solid, anything to try and dislodge it from his shoulder. To his chagrin, he couldn't even lay a scratch on it. Whatever it had been made out of, it was in a word; indestructible. Nothing touched it. For a few moments, d'Artagnan admired his new item, but soon he became irritable again as he often forgot it was there and he'd get caught on the odd branch or brush against something his body would have normally slid easily past. All in all, the Nightshade hadn't quite realized the resourcefulness of his little, brown bag.

Today he found himself wandering the Threshold, grumbling incoherently under his breath, mismatched eyes brooding into the next shadow or the next sharp turn. Aramis jogged silently beside him, his ears twitching now and then to the different sounds of the forest. They hadn't travelled for too long when they both heard a voice, a stallion's voice, he spoke interesting words and d'Artagnan quickly changed his course and headed off in that direction. His mood considerably brightening when he noticed that there was in fact two horses and both were horned.

The shade looked at the stud first, they were around the same height, but this one was built much more like Mauja, a darker version of his best friend with eyes that glittered a delightful looking red. The mare was also dark apart from the odd splattering of white that could be predominantly seen upon her facial features. It appeared she'd managed to lose her tail on the way and one of her horns had somehow managed to slip to her chin. How unfortunate. Her circumstances got worse as he trailed her body and noticed scars, ah well, a decent unicorn should at least have one or two.

Aramis went in first, d'Artagnan close behind, making themselves known to the pair if they hadn't seen them earlier. The shade fell to a halt, and shifted his new burden slightly, annoyance briefly flickering across his face, before finally he got down to business as Aramis sat beside him. "And what darkness would this be?" He asked, his voice betrayed interest through his blunt, dry tones.

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Unregistered

Quinn
only who is left.

Oh how lucky I am. Fate seems to be on my side today, as a stallion of white and black reveals himself from his hideout. Had he gazed upon me for long or did our paths just meet? I knew not the answer, nor did I wish to find out, for I knew what makes a stallion tick. I raise my head, as a sign of peace. I could take him on, but I don't see the point. Obviously this is his homeland, his terrain, and I do not want to end my days here, before I can complete my task.

Look at that. He talks too, but not in the fashion I am used too. Maybe it's my fault, but I can not hide the disdain on my face as he calls me a 'mare'. I am no such thing! I am a warrior, just as capable as any stallion to defend myself! With the breath I exhale, I try to soften up. No need to get cocky now, or even mad. I must let that remark go.

I don't even know if I want to give an answer to his question as yet another stallion appears, this one brown as a chestnut. Did my eyes betray me, or does an animal follow him? I have never seen such a thing, but as I am in no position to ask, I hold my tongue. Ah, a new question. I take my time as I let my eyes wander over these two. I've felt their gaze too, but that I can handle. I am used to have horses steal a glance at me. It is impossible for someone like me, to hide in the crowd. Better stand out then.

"Safe?" I let my husky voice carry the words to the stallions and the animal, and I do not hold back on the mocking. "I thank you for the concern, but do I really seem like a 'mare' that needs protection from this darkness you talk about?" With emphasis on the 'mare', I turn my head towards the crimson stallion. My eyes betray the playful side of me, a side few ever sees. My chest is now exposed and the scars inflicted upon my black skin, shines. No, I need no one to take care of me. I am not that kind of 'mare'.

OOC: Wow.. I did not think Quinn could be that bitchy XD But I would like her to end up in the caves :)

Hidden Account
Candy

Only moments had passed and his statement had gone unanswered by the onyx mare with the obscure pale face. Footfalls in the distance had put the beast on edge as he turned to greet the forth comer. Brethren, the sorrel beast pulled into view. Crimson eyes gazed upon the being, his dual weaponry etched of glass reflected in his empty pools. But what was this? The crimson stag had something laced around his body, as if he was wearing it to tote things around. It didn’t look comfortable, but rather tight and probably itchy. It’s not what Nato was expecting to see, a unicorn and his man-purse. But, there is a first time for everything.

His brethren inquired about the darkness, so he had heard their short conversation. Though, of course Nato wasn’t going to get his words in now, was he? Naturally, the mare had something to say about his little entrance. Lobes turned slowly back, as he snaked his head back to look upon the pale faced mare. He wasn’t amused by her statements, when all he was trying to do was save her from the evil that plagued these lands. Shifting his weight, rather swiftly he turned to face her, lips within reach where he could take a bite if he pleased, out of her nose.

"Now you listen to me." His voice laced with venom as he glared into the mares eyes- his more of a warning, than her playful gaze. "I do not know if you’re even worth ‘protecting’ but I do know this." He retracted a step away from her, and rounded himself to where he could look between the duo and the stallion’s companion. "A dark plague floods Helovia with illness and insanity. Demons like you’ve never seen attack without notice, and once you’ve been bitten.." He paused, masculine tones fading to the thought of Kahula, and what had happened to her, where had she gone. "That’s it." Deep tones silence off into the night as he turned to gaze upon the sitting animal, then back between the unicorns.

"So trust me when I say, it’s not safe here." He grunted, irritated that his message of warning had been challenged. If they didn’t listen? Then fine, he’d leave them to die.

d'Artagnan
the nightshade
</style>
d'Artagnan flicks his tail and snorts in humour as the mare seems to have taken offence, the type that probably promotes female strength. In a tight situation she'd be the first to die, in the Nightshade's opinion. Or maybe she was simply gender confused and he should inform his horned brother that perhaps he should address her as 'stallion' next time. The former Mender's eyes became even more amused when her white features turned to look at him, gaze switching to something more warming and he replied by playing along, a crinkled smile stretching onto his lips as an eyelid slid over his blue eye in act of a wink. There was really not much reason for his jesting, perhaps it was the news of something dark turning up in the land and it was making him giddy in a cold kind of joy. Though he doubted he'd be able to find out much soon as there was an urgency in the air put their by his kin, the dark horned painted version of Mauja.

What had he seen to make him spout such words? From appearances, he looked strapping enough, all muscle and tall. Maybe it was a trap and he was lying, d'Artagnan didn't know the stallion after all. Or maybe he was right and the dark foreboding of the wilds was really something valid. The shade frowns for a moment, looking to Aramis who simply returns his stare. Of course, the hound would go wherever his bonded went, unless commanded otherwise. Further intrigued, d'Artagnan considered his words before replying, he wanted to see this evil. At the same time, he wanted to know exactly where safe was. So many questions, too little time apparently.

"Bitten? Demons? Sounds thrilling." He said quite honestly, part of him wanting to ask where he could find them to see for himself. Not yet, however. "Where exactly is safe? Does this plague cover the whole of Helovia?" If it did, there wasn't a safe was there? Then again, d'Artagnan didn't really know all the areas of this land he'd come to call home.

filled with rage

Unregistered

Quinn
only who is left.

The dual-color stallion amused me. He seemed to take my words as I took his, and he even dared to close in the gap between us. I almost wanted to poke his eyes out with my horn. I did of course resist the temptation, while I wondered what I should do next. Words of demons and darkness floated in the air, almost too unreal to trust. Sure, I've had my fair share of demons, but I have never had a 'safe' place to go.

Of course, I could not deny that I was in a strange land and maybe demons were common here. I almost wanted to chuckle at the glass-horned stallion, for he played along. I like laidback horses. They make me calm, even if I am in the middle of a battlefield or on the brink of destruction. I offered him nothing in return though, but I kept my eyes playful and warm. Enjoy it while it lasts, brother. It will not come so cheap the next time.

"Why do we stand here then, when death can claim us at any moment?" I looked at them, one at a time. It was not in my schedule to die today, and the black stallion did not lie. I could easily see if someone spoke the truth, and as far as I knew, he believed every word. That's why I softened both my voice and posture; There was no time to make enemies today.

OOC; Sorry for the short reply!

Hidden Account
Candy

They were selfish to stand here idly while those things were out there hunting, killing, infecting. Brawny shoulders rolled under his skin as he turned to gaze into the shadows, the sound of clicking branches and the wind moving about the foliage was enough to put anyone on edge. He didn't want to be out here anymore; at least not until the dawn. He needed to check up on Nyx anyway; and so he turned his shadowed visage to the unicorn duo.

The brawny mare had finally come to her senses, even though it was her mouth that kept them standing here he would refrain on spatting his remarks and just let go. Audits of black pinned against his skull, vanishing into his silk threads as he turned to his brethren baring the satchel. He seemed intrigued by the shadows, he himself found himself fond of darkness but this was something all too new. Not to mention he had spent that last of his years, fighting every single day, and for what? Nothing.

Where was safe? Such a good question, even Nato wanted the answer too. He couldn't tell them exactly how far the darkness had spread, or where it had originated from. "I know our herd lands have been plagued by darkness, but I couldn't tell you exactly what lands have been infected." He spoke the truth, it was also partially that he hadn't really gone anywhere outisde of the Edge- he himself hadn't been here long.

"Those of that's that managed to run, have found solace in the Caves just outside of Helovia." Hooves shifted under his massive frame, as he turned to face the direction of the caves. It was a long gallop between here and the caves, but in numbers they would make it he was sure- if they even decided to follow. "I'm headed back, should you wish to accompany me." He smirked as he pulled into the shadows of the pine. "Come." He breathed, as his pace increased and he continued off into the darkness into the direction of the caves. Twin soldiers erect alert and listening to the wind howl past, as crimson eyes kept a sharp eye for danger.

[ooc: Sorry, these have been the worst posts ever. x_x Totally up to the both of you, should you wish to follow him back to the caves.]

d'Artagnan
the nightshade
</style>
The apparently female horned of this new, tiny group of friends, quickly changed her tune, perhaps she had decided that she did indeed need protection from the darkness. Or maybe she was possessed by an ulterior motive, like himself, who just wanted to know what was happening and where exactly was this place of safety. It was an easy thing living in the Basin, news travelled fast and their spies often reported information, if he was still there he might have heard of this darkness by now. However, he had outcast himself and in doing so made it incredibly harder to find out information, even with the help of Aramis. It appeared, so far, he'd been lucky in his evasion of free roaming demons.

The painted brute informed them that his herd had the 'sickness', but he didn't know much more than that. d'Artagnan briefly wondered which herd he came from, he didn't remember him from the Basin, but that wouldn't be too surprising as he never kept up with all the names and faces. However, his mind was soon occupied by the mention of caves outside Helovia. So that was safe. He began to smile, it had been some time since he'd entered a cave, not since he'd last stepped in his own little abode back under the auroras. The Nightshade had to admit, he did miss the caves.

His crowned brother began to turn, notifying them that he was indeed leaving, ushering them to follow but not really sticking around to see if they would. d'Artagnan glanced at Aramis and his bonded did a canine version of a shrug before he loped off into the night. If there was a plague out there, the shade would like to know when exactly he was going to run into them and not be met with surprise. Aramis was a hell dog after all, surely he'd recognize familiar brethren.

He shifted his bloodied hide and grimaced at the discomfort of his new item, hoping one day he'd finally get used to it being, as it appeared he could not remove it anyway, much to his anger. Sooty legs engaged into action and he followed after his nameless guide, intrigued to find out exactly what these caves were.

[ooc: n'aw they were good ^^ d'Artagnan follows]

filled with rage

Unregistered

Quinn
only who is left.

I had no choice but to follow, had I? Of course I could have stayed behind and eventually faced the darkness alone, but I come from a herd, and it is no joke that safety lies in the numbers. So I followed, with easy steps and sometimes a glance to the side. This was not at all what I had expected when I first walked into the forest.

But, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that sleep and food would be welcome. After all, I had walked for a long time in search of my father's old friend. My task lay still uncomplete, but when darkness lurks, it can not be helped. Stay alive. That was the words my father offered me as I went and they had burned into my skull ever since.

How can it be that a few words is able to change you so dramatically? I did not ponder this, for I rarely have the time or energy to do such a thing. So I followed the two others, by making up the back of our little gathering. I liked to move behind the brown stallion, for his butt was an easy one to look at. I almost wanted to poke him with my horn, but decided against it. I had to be on guard until we reached the safe place. But damn, the temptation was hard to resist.

OOC: I think we are done! :D If anyone wants to thread with Quinn later, just tag her ^^,