the Rift

Hooves in the Threshold(Open)

Ethel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: 52dac64993f07]
I had only been away a few weeks; I didn't think it would of gotten me this far though...and farther away from my origional herd. I had no idea where they had gone last time I tried to find them again; it was as if they abandoned their land to find a new. Therefore Ethel had no way to locate them.

She was lost, alone and a bit nervous about these new surroundings; it was a few minutes ago when she set her first fluffy hoof into this new land, she could definately feel this land was quite different then the ones she roamed in her fillyhood.

With a loud snort, Ethel took in the new smells and sights of this forest, lush with green overgrowths and a soft darkened Aurora hovering overhead as it was coking near the end of the day. Her ears twitched lightly to are off crows and soft bird songs. It was beautiful here, ad all so mysterious.

How did she not know of a place such as this. She had traveled all over and thought she knew it all..but now curiosity was swarming her whole being; from the tip of her curved horn to the turf on her tail. She was extactic of this new land and what it held. And with another step inside this forest..she enters the Threshold.

Cashmere Posts: 115
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 5 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

Hooves padding over the hardened ground. Snow will be coming soon and the air around me tells me that with absolute certainty. We are reaching the end of Orangemoon. I have never experienced winter in Helovia, but something tells me it will be fierce and unforgiving. The hairs on my hide have grown long to prepare for the cold, but some part of me wishes they'd grow even longer. Especially with the death that is wandering the lands, even the warmth of the Sun seems to be more or less inconsequential. My body is stiff as I wander through this land that is still familiar to me. I was here, in the Threshold, not long ago, being greeted by Reizend. Now I have been sent again to welcome newcomers and take them to safety. Well, I can certainly do that. I'm pretty friendly after all. -I'm not.- I chuckle quietly. But you aren't the boss! She hisses at me and I shut up. I don't want to cross her. Though she is only a voice, she holds more sway over me than I would like to admit. Were she in my stomach instead of my head, maybe she would be less intimidating...

It is very quiet as I walk through the Threshold, looking for newcomers. Many of the creatures that live here are hiding away, afraid of the wrath and infection of the wraiths. Not that I blame them. I am a little nervous about being out here, too. Lost in my thoughts, I almost miss her. Her pelt leaves her blending in against the dying trees. But her horn and her tail catch my attention. A pretty unicorn with a curved horn. She is alone and I know my mission. I approach, the stiffness from the cold making my trot a little less peppier than I would have liked. I stop a few yards away.

"Hello, and welcome to the Threshold. I am Cashmere." My voice is easy and flowing, unlike the rest of my muscles. My eyes are bright and I tilt my head to the side, getting a better look at her now that I am up close. I hope she doesn't mind how forward and direct I am, for I am cold and I do not want the wraiths to get me.

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-

Table by Lauren || IMAGE CREDITS
[Image: cashmere_by_lainey_lou-d73bbjq.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Unregistered
Ethel had been looking at a few trees to test the scent out when she heard the light clipping of hoof steps coming near her. As she looked up to greet whoever was near her; her eyes meet another of her kin, a unicorn with a greyish pelt and a darker grey mane..and she swore that she could see purple on his belly. He greeted her, saying she was in the Threshold.
Ethel looked around the area seeing wonder in this place. 'Threshold? Where am I..or is this place exactly? I've never seen such a place..I thought I knew all the land until I stepped in here.' She gave a light whinny in curiosity of this new land and the new equine in front of her. 'I'm Ethel. It's very nice to meet you Cashmere.'

Adoptable

Her voice is soft but as she speaks I am distracted by her apparent age. I of course cannot guess actual numbers, but this mare seems to have seen many more seasons than I have. I continue to look over her as she speaks, noting her color, her horn, her tail. Though we are both horned creatures, her tail and her billy goat beard are noticeably different than mine. My tail is that of a normal equine, while hers is more like a lion's tail. And I have no beard. I wonder to myself if I had been silly enough to not see these differences in other unicorns that I'd passed in the caves. Was I that oblivious? No, there was much that was going on and it was hard to notice everything.

I realize it is my turn to speak, and my lips part again. "It is a pleasure to meet you Ethel. This is the Threshold of Helovia." I look around, motioning with my crown. My voice is upbeat, but as I turn back to look at her, my countenance grows dark. "But we should not linger here long. There is a darkness around, an evil that preys upon the land. I can take you to my herd, with the Asylum, in the safety of the caves. Will you come with me?" I tilt my head to look for her response, my earring jingling briefly with the movement.

I take a step back, the cold still stiffening my movement. But now I am feeling the unease of the evil and it makes me nervous, jittery. I do not want any part of it. The longer we stand here the more in danger we are. -Calm down you pussy. We'll be fine.- I appreciate Her confidence, but it does not ease my concern. I look back at Ethel, hoping that she may save her questions for when we get to the caves. I do not want to be eaten or taken.

OOC: please don't forget minimum wordcount is 250 words, and that Cashmere is female

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Unregistered
Ethel listened intently as the mare spoke to her. She looked over Cashmere's form, taking in small hints, not all unicorns were the same she figured. It was quite interesting to see another one of her own kin for the first time in her life. She has happy to be in the right company instead of those who could overtake her and potentially harm her.

Ethel's ears lightly rose as she heard Cashmere talk about a herd! But the strangest thing was hearing they were in caves; but she'd ask questions when they were safe. "Yes I will follow you..I don't wish for either one of us to fall prey to what evil you speak of.." she walked up to Cashmere awaiting to be led away to safety.

In her mind questions buzzed like a swarm of bees. What would a herd be doing in caves? What kind of herd was ' the Asylum', would they accept her and be nice? Many more created filling in suite. But the main question she had was 'what was the evil learking about?' What such creature or evil force could be so great that equine wpould would fear them so much. And what would these devil things look and act like. She'd like to know as much as she could incase she ever did encounter one of these 'things' in the future. "So how far is this herd of yours and these caves..it'd be best if we get there I believe so we don't get noticed or caught..I don't wish to have either one of us hurt in any way."

Adoptable

The mare confessed her growing anxiety at the mention of the evil. I am glad that she feels the same way I do. That means we can get out of here faster. I turn toward the caves and motion for her to follow me. For once, the Voice is in agreement. She murmurs her approval and urges me to walk faster.. or trot even. So I pick up my feet a little faster, muscles loosening slightly. My dark grey mane and tail flow behind me, and I glance back to make sure that Ethel is with me. She is. She asks how far it is until the caves. My reassuring smile is audible. "It is not far from here. The caves are a great sanctuary, where many have gathered, more than just my herd. The wraiths will not go there, and we may be protected." The hard ground is uncomfortable on my muscles, and there is little give from the earth. It seems that nothing is on our side. I pick up a canter. The sanctuary is not far from the Threshold, and we should be safe along the way, but the longer I am out the more I want to be back with my herd. I am still new to them and though I know few of them, I can feel that they are my family, and I long for the reassurance of their company. Soon, soon I can be back with them again. And Ethel will be safe as well.

OOC: you can post for a rank update in the updates board ^_^

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Unregistered
Ethel followed suit into the cover of the caves. She had hesitated at the entrance at first but gathered up her courage with a kick of her hooves into the entrance; following Cashmere closely to not loss her, that would be terrifying to her to become separated with someone who was so kind enough to take her into a herd.

She finally heard the evils name 'wraiths', a shiver went up her body and she shook her head lightly with ears against the back of her head. Even the name sounded hauntingly fearsome. She wanted to know what these things were called but she felt it could wait for a later date; if she was going to a herd then she knew all her questions would be answered in no time.

She was very eager however, a new herd meant lots of new faces and appearences to her. She guessed that she'd be seeing a lot of different equine in the group and her imagination made her quiet for now as she pondered on all the possibilities. Would they have a horn like her or have different ones as well; would there be winged equine, finned, spiked, amazing colored ones. She grew ever curiouser.

OOC: I will thankyou, also another horse wanted to join this thread so she should be coming anytime to reply :)

Midnight Rose Posts: N/A
Unregistered
OOC: Ethel said I could RP here. Could I please have a quick recap?

_________
Midnight Rose padded wearily through the leaves. She could smell horses up ahead, but honestly, she was so tired she didn't care much. She could only hope they were friendly.

She could see them clearly now: Two unicorn mares, both around fiften hands high. Warily, Midnight Rose watched from behind a few leafy trees. Would they attack? She may be strong, but Midnight Rose wasn't sure if she was strong enough to take them both on.

Scooting closer, the black filly strained to hear thei conversation. Something about herds? "So how far is this herd of yours and these caves..it'd be best if we get there I believe so we don't get noticed or caught..I don't wish to have either one of us hurt in any way." That sounded intresting.

Midnight Rose stepped on a twig, and it cracked. She frozed. Uh-oh: Should she fight, or run away?

Unregistered
OOC: basically we've meet up and are joining the asylum. Ethel could take you as a friend to the herd if they accept you.

A few paces into the cave and she could hear something from the woods snap from behind them. She feared that the 'wraith' creatures must of found them and they'd be done for now. Ethel slowly moved her head to look for any signs of threat or evil presence that was coming after them with bared fangs and scary claws. She would probably be the first to react; flee from the presence of the evil thing or fight it off.

What she saw was a little filly frozen to the ground out of surprise and fear. Her coat was a darkish grey speckled in black with a white strip on her face and a peachy pink colored nose and long powerful legs, she seemed weary and tired however..and what was she doing all alone by herself out in the threshold without a mother to look out for her safety. Ethel's maternal instincts started to kick in seeing the foal had no mother around; possibly herdless as well and that was no way for a young filly to live.

With a toss of her head Ethel snorted,'come join us please..it is not safe to travel alone in parts as these as I hear from Cashmere here. My name's Ethel; what is yours young filly?' Her full attention was to the smaller filly now, awaiting an answer or to see if the filly would bolt. It was common for skittish motherless foals and fillies to dash off near strangers; or so she thought. But she'd show the level of care toward the filly if she joined them.

Unregistered
The black filly trotted out, squarely facing the two other horses. "I'm Midnight Rose," she neighed, staring in Ethel's eyes. "And, why should I join you?"

Midnight's legs shook with fatigue, and her coat was shiny with sweat. Yet, the proud filly bravely gazed into Ethel's eyes, challenging her.

"Where are you going?"

Unregistered
Ethel could tell the little filly was quite stubborn, but niieve as she was there was no safer place for a youngling to be than a herd. She snoorted in a confrontation mood and stomped her hooves in protest, "well are you going to just stand there challenging us or join us with other's of your kin...there are things prowling that could very easily take your life. And by the looks of it...you don't seem fit enough to travel alone either."

Ethel could see the way the filly swayed and looked like she was about to collapse. How long had she been out by herself? Why was she out by herself and challenging one who only wished to help her out?.
"Pride doesn't matter much if your dead. Why have pride and wander alone when you can have pride and those who will help you." She snorted, wondering if her wise words would sink into the fillys head; hoping she would see a more safer way of living.

OOC: you might want to rp with a minimum of 250 words, you could get Warnings

Unregistered
OOC: I totally forgot that rule. O_O

________
"You're right. . ." The black filly blinked. "Where are you heading? What's your herd like?"

I'mso thirsty. . .thirsty. . . the filly thought. So hungry, tired. . .Her legs buckled, and she collasped.

Her coat was beaded with sweat, and her breathing was short and ragged. Her muscle hurt, and she had tons of cramps. She was obviously worn out; her words were mangaled in her throat; her voice was weak, and dry. She could hardly speak.

Her flank heaved with the effort of breathing, and when she finally opened her eyes and tried to get up, her legs buckled and she fell again, much to her humliation. She looked coldly at Ethel and Cashmere, muttered something, and sighed. "Okay, please bring some water. And then I'll tell you my long, long, story. And then you may tell me yours."

She managed to get up this time, and Midnight Rose cleared her throat. "I left my herd, because my herd stallion wanted me out. I ran away, crossed the Thresold, ended up here. I Don't know what to do now. I have no idea. Zip. Zilch. Zero. Nada.

"Anyways, I rested for a while here, until I met you two. I-I was spying on you two. 'What are they doing?' I asked myself, 'Fight or flight?' Then I came out here, and you were pretty nice. So, what're you doing here?"

While Midnight's voice was chirpy, her legs shook once again, and she was breathing

Unregistered
Ethel troted quickly to the aid of the small filly; getting behind her and pushing her nose against her rump to get her moving, like a mother would do to her own child. " I quite frankely don't know what the asylum is like. I have not seen it with my own two eyes yet. But you are welcome to be at my side as long as you need to be." she nudged the filly to walk infront of her, so incase she collapsed again she'd be there to catch her side with her big head.

"you can get water and rest when we arrive there." she hoped. She didn't even know how the herd would take her in. Cashmere seemed kind enough but the name to the herd was quite strange; and new equine could see them as weak or as smaller leveled horses.

OOC: Go to asylum recruting thread and ask to join if you wish