the Rift

One plus One makes Me

Elsiyum Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
ℰlsiyum
and it's getting hard to b r e a t h again...

The sky was being cold to her again. Nature was one of the last things that she thought would turn against her. After all, nature was the only changing constant in Elsiyum's life. It gave her peace to know that she still had her sanity as the seasons changed. Not tonight though; tonight was different. The aura in the air screamed of caution, and for an unseen reason tension hung thickly in the air. Elsiyum continued on her way despite these warnings. She turned her aquatic eyes to the moon and was shocked to find it orange in hue— not the milky white she was so used to. When had this change occurred? In the recent months, Elsiyum was not charting the skies, she wasn't paying attention to the moon. Her horn gave off an orange glow due to the moon; typically it was a Nevertheless, she thought to herself I must press onward.

Despite her poor constitution the young thing pressed onward. Unanswered questions spiraled in her head as she slowly trekked on. Each step she took was unstable. Fifteen minutes later Elsiyum stumbled into an open meadow. The black unicorn decided she would require rest before trekking on any further. She was took weak to stand and sleep though. After two minutes of painfully lowering her malnourished self to the ground she rolled onto her right side and closed her eyes. "A quick nap should do the trick..." If this is what the God's had in store for her; if this was to be her final resting place, than she would be contented. The earth would reclaim her body and soul, and perhaps Elsiyum would finally obtain the peace she was longing for.

And there she lay; a figure clad in black. A freak to everyone and herself. A monstrosity to nature... What even was she? Would she ever know? Elsiyum doubted it. If she were to be taken right here, right now she wouldn't mind. It would be the opposite, death would be a welcomed blessing to her.

{ooc: i recommend reading her history since it'll reveal as to why she's like this. she will also have a plot thread up (because i would like some mysterious unicorn on here to be her father), when i decided to make it. xp}
Image Credits

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra
LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN

Nights of dreamless sleep are a blessing for when I dream it is of Deagor and Zetto even after all these years. Sometimes I relive their deaths… the blood, the pain, the sadness… I guess we all have our personal demons and these are mine. Once in a while I dream of the Silver Shores and these dreams are almost worse, however happy the memories. I know now for good and all that I can never return home. That I believe would be a fatal choice. So instead I press ever onward into the unknown. Occasionally I have cause to regret having left Reykjavik and never knowing what life with Merlin might have been like… then again I was never certain there was a life for me there. Since then I have seen many wonders and breath taking beauty, things I would not have seen had I ceased traveling earlier on. In the end the experiences I have gained outweigh any of those regrets.

Among those many wonders is Alejandro, my soul bound companion, and I never meant to abandon him. Never in a million years… I cannot think what possessed me the day I climb the mountain. All I know is that it should not have been the disaster it turned out to be. I must have angered the Keeper somehow, I can think of no other explanation for my violent expulsion from the lands of Avenion. So, yet another attempt at a life and home lies strewn in tatters at my feet and another gaping hole in my heart has formed where Alejandro should have been. That tumble into bowels of the black mountain took me through the earth, perhaps even to another world entirely. I am aware only that the air here feels strange, heavy with an alien presence I cannot place.

First things first, I must discover where I am and find other life. A quick testing of the air reveals no tang of salty sea water. A small disappointment, I’ve never tried to live in a land locked area before… but perhaps it is in fact near to the ocean and the winds simply are not blowing in my favor just now. On the other hand maybe it is time for me to try something totally different. My examination of the area surrounding my “landing” sight is hampered by the lack of anything resembling light. There is no moon and even the stars are unusually faint. I hear water running over rocks and know that there must be a stream near but on unfamiliar ground in this overwhelming darkness I cannot seem to convince myself that making my way to it is a good idea.

I am stiff, bruised, cold and tired. I want nothing more than to drift into peaceful slumber but, as I am sure I’ve mentioned, my sleep is rarely peaceful these days and something tells me that closing my eyes in this place would be less than wise. Drawing attention to my person and location is probably also an act lacking in wisdom but I cannot help it. This silence is killing me, I have to do something. With a frustrated stamp and snort I call out to the shadows.

“Hello? Is anyone out there?”

Were Alejandro here he would point out that I should be more careful, that I might wake something I’ll regret having encountered. He would scold me even more for failing to notice the sleeping form that could not get any closer without being under my very hooves. In my defense, I did appear in this place rather unexpectedly and the creature is behind me…

WE COULD DIE OF DEVOTION
HTML BY SARAHROO
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE

Unregistered
ℰlsiyum

Always, it was the same dream. It always started out with the unicorn laying under blossom tree. The day was burdened with glorious sunshine — spring was in full swing and the herd, including herself, were happy. The scene that unfolded next was something of a spectacle that should have remained in horror stories. In the blink of an eye, day shifted to night and there was a blood curdling scream. It only took a second before loud cracks could be heard. Bones were growing at an abnormal rate, and the cute fuzzy foal turned into a monster.

Her legs had grown to an ungodly size, and there was blood dripping from all four of her knees. She stood at a height that was almost equal to a draft, and shards of cracked bone could be seen protruding from her legs. On the center of her head came a long horn covered in blood — it had just popped out of her skull. Blood was freely flowing from the wound into her eyes and to other parts of her face. The foal could see no longer. Her legs were unsteady, and the already fractured bone could not support her anymore. All four of her legs snapped in half, and the next thing she knew was that she was laying on the ground like a de-stuffed bear. It was like she was a voodoo doll and the master puppeteer had chopped all four of her legs off while pushing a stick into her head. Her eyes quickly clouded over as the foal lay there limp and dead.

"Hello? Is anyone out there?" Whatever said that quickly awoke Elsiyum from her nightmare. In the recent year, the amount of times she'd had the dream had lessened. She slowly started to rise to her legs, making sure that the dream truly was a dream. Elsiyum stood firmly, her legs planted to the unfamiliar soil. At a painful pace Elsiyum stepped away from the shadows and into the pale orange moonlight.

She must have looked like a freak to the equine standing in front of her. Then again, she hadn't had contact with another horse for seven months or so. I must go.. It can't see me here. I'll be a bad omen to this horse. And so Elsiyum turned to leave, hoping that she would be able to make it out of the meadow with ease. Alas, nothing ever worked in her favor and she stepped on a branch that therefore cracked.
"Uh, yes. Hello? Questioned Elsiyum. Her horn was her most prominent feature as she turned to face the other equine. It was giving off a pale orange glow; this is respectively due to the pale orange moon that hung above their heads in the sky.

{ooc: my words aren't forming properly. i know how i wanted this post to turn out, but i couldn't type it how i wanted so it's choppy writing i suppose. xD
Image Credits

Hidden Account
Tzarra
LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN

My words echo back to me bouncing of cliff faces I cannot see. Am I really the only thing alive in this place? Have I been banished to some cruel nightmare world? What could I possibly have done to warrant such treatment? I mean sure, I wasn’t the most devote of followers… I just don’t have that level of mindless worship in me. All the same I’d thought she liked me, at least a little. I mean, she gave me Alejandro, didn’t she? Maybe that wonderful, fascinating world was the true dream and all this time I’ve been standing like a zombie husk in this place only just now waking to reality.

The silence drags on, my nerves grow taught and I fidget edgily...

SNAP! CRACK! CRUNCH!

It was not so loud, not really but to me it might as well have been a gun shot. Whatever I’d expected it wasn’t that and certainly not so very close by. My voice is a wordless squeal as I skitter forward a very jumpy few paces with eyes rolling. Then the spoken words reach me and I realize I’ve over reacted. A thing you’d not have done had you been paying attention to begin with Mermaid. I imagine the dry, Mocking voice in my head dripping with amusement; I know exactly what he would say and I respond in kind. Yes, yes Alejandro I know… you’re brilliant and I’m an idiot compared to you. Oh! How I miss those exchanges!

Getting hold of myself I turn slowly and by the time I am facing the stranger my heaving sides are the only sign of my previous state.

“Keeper bless! You startled me lass! I did hope I wasn’t the only one here but I couldn’t really believe it. I guess I am lucky you aren’t a wolf… or something worse…”

That thought makes me cringe, what could be worse than a wolf? Me and my tame world with its tame monsters…

A quick study of the girl reveals what should have been a healthy, well-muscled frame of a build and height similar to my own with shadows of a youthful lankiness that indicate she’s only just come into adulthood. Though, just now she seems a bit... shaky. That perceived youth endears her to me right away. A foolish sentiment I know, but one I’ve never been able to shake. The horn protruding from her head is different from anything I’ve seen before but hey, it glows! Light is certainly something I’ve been without long enough to appreciate in almost any form.

“Well, since you are here can you tell me anything about wherever this place is? It feels… I don’t know… wrong, somehow…”

WE COULD DIE OF DEVOTION
HTML BY SARAHROO
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
HELOVIA HARD MODE

Unregistered
ℰlsiyum

What the equine said taunted a laugh-gone-coughing and hacking from the unicorn. "I am something worse.. Elsiyum said softly. There was a tinge of sadness in her voice though. "I am a freak, a monstrosity to nature, and a bad omen to all who cross my path. You being here is most likely my doing, though I have no idea how you've somehow apparate here from nowhere." She said quietly. Elsiyum, by nature, was a shy mare and didn't enjoy conversation with others. It's a miracle that she even remembered how to speak in the tongue of horse, for she hadn't spoken it for almost seven months.

"Can I tell you where you are? No, unfortunately I cannot, for even I do not know where I am. Though I am certain that where ever we've both ended up is a place to be cautious of. The sickly mare stated this as she took another step towards the equine. Surely the other would have seen Elsiyum's sharper teeth while she spoke. Run while you can, get away from me. Thought the black phantom.

"Whatever the case may be, I am Elsiyum. I come, exiled, from the lands of Keirova. Now, who may you be?" Questioned the black filly. Her legs barely held her delicate frame up as she spoke to the other in a shaky, disconnected voice. Her words were slightly stuttered as she had a difficult time concentrating her mind on the other equine.

{ooc; btws, she isn't well. Shes actually kinda sick due to being undernourished. c:
Image Credits

Hidden Account
Tzarra
LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN

It is clear to me now that this stranger is unwell; the coughing hack of a laugh confirms it. Slowly I begin to change my mindset from one seeking help to one offering it. I blink in bewilderment as the youngling seems to take my mention of worse things to heart. She doesn’t look like a monster to me, whatever gave her that idea? If such words came from a parent or childhood herd member I wish she’d put the culprit in my path, I’ll show them “monster”…

“Oh no dear, I assure you this…”

a wide swing of my head indicates the surrounding area,

“is not your fault. You see, I’ve had the misfortune to tangle with a Goddess and even the kindest of such beings are not forgiving when crossed. As long as you don’t intend to eat me I think I can handle being around you.”

These last words are spoken with a half grin, I don’t want her to think I’m making fun of her but I would like to lighten that black mood a bit.

She doesn’t know any more than I do it seems. This is a disappointment but I take it in stride. I’ve found myself a poor lost lamb; one even more lost than I and I fully intend to rescue it. Acquiring a goal has always given me strength no matter what else I might be up against. She takes a few unsteady steps closer and with a bold movement I eliminate the remaining distance. My body is quickly maneuvered so that I stand beside her near enough that she might lean on me if she can bring herself to do it.

“I am Mermaid, also an exile in my own way. So Elsiyum, why don’t we be exiles together? Perhaps the two of us together might figure out what this place is and what is wrong with it. But first we can find you somewhere safer to rest, a spot where apparating ninnies like me won’t land on you. ”

Of course there isn’t really any place safe from creatures being thrown through universes by Gods. Still there ought to be somewhere that it is less likely to happen.

{ooc: Sorry, missed that. I've fixed my post.}

WE COULD DIE OF DEVOTION
HTML BY SARAHROO
HELOVIA HARD MODE

Unregistered

ℰlsiyum
find your path to the stars.

Something that had never happened to Elsiyum had occurred. "is not your fault..." Clearly, the unicorn was greatly taken about and tried to stop the equine from blaming herself. Alas it made no difference as the other would take none of it. "...I've had the misfortune to tangle with a Goddess..." At this Elsiyum frowned, And I thought my situation was bad... But perhaps, Elsi had tangled with a God unfavorably in her past life. Perhaps this is why I am why I am, a beast. This theory, out of all the other's Elsi had been whispered made the most sense to her. "As long as you don't intend to eat me I think I can handle being around you."

It was a soft laugh, like a sing-songy whisper— Elsiyum's laugh. "Miss, that is the nicest thing that anyone's ever said to me. In an odd way of course." She said in reply. The mood was taking a turn for the better, along with Elsiyum's attitude. "My condolences in regards to that Goddess. She must have been a fool to exile someone as kind as yourself." She said with a soft lisp. Her ears flicked forward as the equine came to stand by her side. A great weight was lifted off Elsiyum's shoulders as she leaned her weak frame on the latter.

"Mermaid.. It's a lovely semblance." Elsiyum repeated the name in her mind a few times. It sounded as if it came from a foreign tongue. "Oh no. It would bring you misfortune to be traveling with someone such as I. I'm an abomination to nature, something that other's would fear— your opportunities of finding a new home would diminish because of me. I do not want misfortune to fall upon the first equine in so long to be kind to me. Though, I shall take you up on your offer to finding a safe haven. We wouldn't want apparating ninnies landing on us, would we?" Elsi said back with a witty smile on her face.

Who knows, maybe by some good fortune things would turn around for Elsiyum. Perhaps she'd be able to find a home where other equine's would think of her as friend instead of foe. This new world was a place of possibility; a place where Elsiyum might just fit in.

{ooc; thanks. cx "apparating ninnies" made my night btw! So, I was thinking we could involve a Basin member at this point, or head over to Resplendence's healing thread, since we're both involved. It's up to you with where we can/should/would go. xp

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather
They ran, songbird and beast across meadows, plains, glaciers and faults, cascading ripples of illuminated, bright, brilliant clarity through the shadowy whims, the fallen, capricious grounds, the veiled, shady, furtive terrain. Each stride was a push towards safety, sanctuary, whispering through the nocturnal plumes and the daunting threads, the drifting, cumbersome, molten, scathing tides, vestiges of sanctum pushing and pressing against her cranium. She’d bestowed hums, hymns, through the clutching, scraping darkness, healed and soothed, assuaged and mended, watched the derisive, irreverent blush seep away from a beloved friend, and wondered if she trilled, crooned, caroled herself hoarse, if she breathed and sang and bled for this land – if all could be saved. If she stretched out her alms, her strains, her ditties, to each listening ear, to each cordial being, to each unholy, caustic vehemence, would the wanton eaves ebb, recede, hide, chased into the reaches, arms of virtue? Her wandering, her wavering, her wayfaring journey held purpose, decibels of the divine, searching, aiding, providing the same benedictions she’d proffered towards Kahlua, towards her brethren, the earth, the world, the kingdoms pieced together by derisive strands, hoping to procure newcomers, salvage their ignorance, set deliverance before an eldritch rhythm sank into their heart. Meticulous examinations, curious calculations, the endless scope of a pale, stark regime, scraping across the rime and juncture of autumn’s finale; the press, the veneer, the shifting shapes of fallen leaves and crushed aspirations. The honeyed set of her gaze finally pinpointed figures blooming in the heart of the gateway, unknown, unfamiliar, without aid, alliance or information. If left to their own devices, this dark, sworded femme and her equine companion, what would become of them (ruin, abomination, infestation in the radioactive pestilence, until pieces of their flesh and soul fell to the sand, gritty and petulant, toxic and fiendish)? Imogen chirped their welcome, a zealous, fervent invitation to follow, because she’d seen, she’d protected, she’d safeguarded the sienna nurse following suit, wishing, yearning, longing for opportunities to salvage incomprehension. A warm melody coasted through her voice, a beckoning, a warning, a foreshadowing of the lack of seraphs, the long-lost angels crashed into wreckage along their coasts, fields and summits. “Welcome to Helovia. I am Lena, of the Aurora Basin.” She paused, nodded her head, allowed Imogen to dance in her frenetic twirls and whirls. “Unfortunately, you have arrived at an inopportune time. Helovia faces a threat amongst the shadows and the darkness. You are not safe here.” Her stare, fixated upon the remnants of these individuals, upon their curious ends and ponderings. “I can lead you to refuge, if you wish.”
Lena

Hidden Account
Tzarra
LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN

I’d not realized how tense I’d become until the girl laughs and I breathe a sigh of relief. It is a fine thing to hear that smooth, soft, laugh where before the girl seemed to choke on her own voice. I am glad to have coaxed it from her. Her words about my fickle Goddess bring a laugh from my own throat in return.

“Here now, it is hardly wise to speak so of even an absent Goddess…”

She takes my offer of a helping shoulder then and I wince at how light her thin frame is against mine. Her body is young yet, sure enough but likely full grown and ought to weigh at least as much as my own. I will have to convince her to eat something when we find a safe place for her to rest. Next is a rush of words about how it would be bad for me to travel with her and how she doesn’t want anything to happen to me because I have been kind to her. Her worry for me is a sweet sentiment I suppose but I find the rest of what she says to be simply ridiculous. I know better than to suggest as much to Elsiyum though, she will believe what she believes and it will take more than sharp words from me here and now to change that belief. Again I think unkind thoughts about whoever gave her this complex.

“Yes, we’d better be on our way.”

Turning my attention to what is in front of us I begin to move forward slowly enough that she can continue using my side for support. After only a stride or two I stop again. There is something moving up ahead. It, whatever it is, is running fast and appears to my eyes as little more than a blur in the darkness. It stops and begins to move towards us. We cannot run so I must hope that the being is friendly. I make an effort to remain calm so as not to worry my new friend by seeming afraid myself.

It is not long before I can identify the form as one like us, or rather, one like Elsiyum. Were I aware of the true source of my friends troubles I’d have made a point of the fact that our would be savior is also a horned being just like her, but I am not so knowing. The stranger is all beauty and grace and her words are welcoming at the same time that they are warning. I may be imagining it but I feel that her offer is meant first for my friend and only as an afterthought for me. Even if I am not imagining this I still don’t believe that she means me harm and as my goal is also to see to Elsiyum’s welfare it would seem that we can work together to that end.

The fox-like creature dancing before her is what makes me willing to trust her quickly though.

“Hello…”

I lower my head to the furry beast offering a soft puff of breath in greeting my heart aching for Alejandro all the while. I return quickly to eye level with the stranger.

“I thank you Lena. We are, as you can see, very much in need of what you offer. Though I fear we will be unable to move very quickly.”

I turn my head back to give the girl at my side a gentle nudge…

“And what say you, friend Elsiyum, shall we follow?”

{ooc: Sorry for taking so long.}

WE COULD DIE OF DEVOTION
HTML BY SARAHROO
HELOVIA HARD MODE

Unregistered

ℰlsiyum
find your path to the stars.

Elsiyum felt ashamed of herself. Here she was, once again, being a burden to others. Somehow though, she could not bring herself to reject Mermaid's assistance. Some quality about the latter was so genuine and pure that Elsiyum believed she'd taint it upon rejecting the other. An afterthought would be that, at this current moment, Mermaid is all that she has in the world right now. With a wheezing in her breathing she continued to take baby steps with the equine beside her. It was when Mermaid suddenly became alert that Elsiyum did too.

What is out there..? Another one of her kind surely. Once they come across us she'll leave... Thought the black filly. She couldn't be that fickle though... She thought again, trying to defend her new friend against her monstrous conscious. What stepped out of the shadows almost put Elsiyum on the ground in shock. Her frame started to shake slightly as she took voluntarily steps towards this stranger. What was even weirder than this new horned thing was the companion it carried with. It was a fox-thing. "Y-You have a horn... Like me..." Her words were hushed as she spoke. What she was saying sounded more like a question as opposed to a statement. "How is this possible? Tell me, what are you?" There was this new light in the filly's eyes. It was hope, hope that what she had been told all her life was a lie. Helovia? What is this land.. and what good deed have I done to meet with this creature that is a familiar to me? Elsiyum took a moment to compose herself. In that moment, she remembered her personality before being told she was an abomination of nature. Was that previous personality blooming inside her again?

"I have many questions to ask you, she said towards the stranger before tilting her head to Mermaid. and Mermaid, if you please let us follow. It's apparent that we've come to an unknown land at a bad time." She took the moment to pause and catch her breath. A new spiritual feeling had rejuvenated Elsiyum. "What my friend says is true, I will most likely slow you all down, but I shall try to tread as quickly as I can. Please, take us to refuge." It had been a long time since she'd spoken with such purpose and confidence. A new life of love and kinship with these new friends was in view. Now all Elsiyum had to do was make it there... Alive.

{ooc; my turn to apologize for this late reply as well. my muse died for a bit, but it's coming back. ^^

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather
The darkness threatened to corrode them all, and her heart swelled over the questions thrown her way, urgency elapsing and enveloping swift courtesies. It was not a pleasant time for newcomers venturing into the unknown, insatiably curious, confused and perplexed, and Lena knew she couldn’t possibly fathom all the answers. She’d seen the world turn over itself, wanton and barbaric, brash, audacious, slinking, crawling, swelling with the chill of satanic rapture, and she’s torn between warning them completely away (to go back to their old homes, where surely the realms weren’t mauling each other, ravaging and hungry for the taste of mortality), and leading them towards the sanctuary without all the notions, all the knowledge, of the palaces cracking and crumbling around them. She succumbed to the latter, incapable of tossing them towards homelands that were clearly no longer utopias or what they required, and her lips extended into the briefest smile, eyes flickering towards the dim shadows and murky doldrums, wondering when the next spell would wave its wand over the land, cast it into another gloaming shade of bestial savagery. As patiently as she could, the songbird rekindled her sonnets, her stanzas, befuddled by the unicorn’s query (it seemed as though she had never seen one of her own kind? where had she roamed prior to this escapade?), but kind, willing, beneficent even as the ominous bells chimed against her soul, her essence, and Imogen’s wild chirps. “I’m a Unicorn. There are many more of us out here, including equines,” Here she gestured warmly to the other, protective femme, “and Pegasus.” Then the press, the swell, the pervasion of the unholy vehemence seemed to tug at the sworded fae, and she realized the quick, rapid concession of their movements. Lena, dancing upon the wind, waiting for the right moment to inhale and exhale, to emit one more strain to bring them to safety, allowed a final grin to both as they hastened their agreements. Their awareness could only serve them radiant purpose in the days to follow, in the dreams dashed and ignited, in the aspirations coiled and waiting for opportunities to strike. Even if they couldn’t resume a hasty pace, deliverance and escape from the menacing spheres could be acquired from slinking steps and eventual existence in the haven of caverns. “Follow me. We shall go to the Sanctuary.” She and beast slowly slipped into the shadows, tracing the web of travelers and wanderers, but sadly, not back towards her icy kingdom, but the strange refuge beaconing them to liberation.

[Sorry for the wait! I’ll make a board for you guys later and tag you in it!]
Lena