Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba

Resplendence</style>

FROM THE SCRAPES AND BRUISES
TO THE FAMILIAR ABUSES
I'LL KICK AND SCREAM BUT IT NEVER CHANGES ANYTHING

The weight on her shoulders was grave. The travel back towards these caves had been even more stress filled then the travel back towards her home in the Edge. Her feet had seemed to drag. The pain almost throbbing in her frogs. But did it matter? Not really. She had finally started to get some of her family back together. This was a good start, if she had to say so herself.

So she moved back into the Sanctuary from the Heart, from getting her breath of 'fresh air' to try and get rid of the fear that clamped on her lungs and had her mind in twisted illusions of pain and torture. Kaj had said she should find the healers of the other herds. That they should make sure that everyone was alright. Res was the Moon Doctor now. She would have to shoulder even more responsibility than she ever thought her tiny frame could handle. But, if she had the help of the fellow healers then maybe, just maybe, she would be able to help begin to make things work.

The dun curls up near her box. Her frame pressing against the cool box at her feet. Be strong. Mirage said you were strong. Wherever that illusion of strength is, gather it and use it. The mare takes in a deep breath and tenses her frame before calling out and allowing her voice to vibrate throughout the cave. "ALL GIFTED IN THE ART OF HEALING, PLEASE JOIN ME!" She called for first, before taking another breath to stabilize herself as she feels her limbs begin to shake. "Any Edge members who had a desire to learn about healing, or herb-lore, please come. All those interested in becoming a nurse, I expect to come! If you are injured, please come! There is no doubt that there will be someone who can assist you! And I highly suggest that you join us if you are a warrior to learn about some herbs that might help you if you are stuck without access to a healer."

She was being required to be strong. So she would have to. She would do it for Quil. She would do it for Kaj. She would do it for Mirage. She would do it for Kahlua. She would do it for everyone that was still her family in the Edge.

Perhaps with her family at her side she would learn what strong really was...

All the tags-
Edge Nurses: @[Alysanne] && @[Ayelet] && @[Brisa] && @[Miykael] && @[Sakura] && anyone else from the Edge who wants to become a nurse, this meeting is mandatory for Res to place them in her mind (but if you can't respond because you're a wraith or absence it's totally understandable)

Other skilled healers for other herds: @[Onni] && @[Apollo] -- I'm tagging you because you are the actual herd healers, if you don't wish to post or your character can't respond I understand!

Those who showed interest from other herds/outcasts: @[Anayis] && @[Elsiyum] && @[Lena] && @[Raeden]
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

Since being brought back to the caves – the Sanctuary they were calling it – Alysanne had been restless. Although there was a healthy dose of fear still coursing through her veins, keeping her awake when she knew she should be resting, the fear existed mostly for others. How many were still in the lands above, being threatened?

The idea of waiting underground for something to happen, for the chance to help, was not something she relished. Despite her Pegasus blood, being underneath the ground was soothing considering the circumstances. Right in the heart of Helovia they were safe, or so everyone seemed to think. Surrounded by the life-giving earth She had explored a little bit but there were other things on her mind.

Though she tried to not be obvious about it, she was making it a habit to keep an eye on Resplendence. She did not doubt the mare’s strength, she had seen it and believed in her with all her heart, but she worried for her too. They were both selfless, willing to give whatever they had of themselves to help others, and Alysanne knew from her own experience how that could destroy.

For all she presumed to know, they were still just acquaintances - joined by their love of their home and the friends they shared. Of course, that hardly stopped her. It was in her nature to care, to worry. It was almost motherly, the concern she had for the pale mare and the stress she found herself in.

As such, she had not been all that far off when the call for the healers was made. She hoped to see some familiar faces in the gathering – Brisa had shown an interest and she had not yet seen the white mare. Kahlua too was absent, a fact that did not fail to make her heart constrict in worry. But there were tunnels and caverns down here that she had yet to discover, perhaps they were here somewhere.

Before settling into a spot just off to the right, she made a point to approach Resplendence and bump her muzzle against the other mare’s as a greeting, as encouragement and thanks. A dozen different emotions contained within a single breath, but she did not presume to stand by her side here. Once she had healing powers and magic but now she was a student, here to learn whatever she could, so she stepped back with as bright of a smile as she could manage.

Others would come, she knew – hope bright in her heart even here. They could all do this together.

Alysanne</style>
I lit a flame in my heart to guide you home.</style>

image credits
table by boom <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

"Any Edge members who had a desire to learn about healing, or herb-lore, please come. All those interested in becoming a nurse, I expect to come! If you are injured, please come! There is no doubt that there will be someone who can assist you! And I highly suggest that you join us if you are a warrior to learn about some herbs that might help you if you are stuck without access to a healer."
The girl had been resting against the far stone wall of the Sanctuary when the call had come. These days, staying down in this rabbit hole caused her much boredom, and interest in anything she could get her hooves into. Before her, Harmony had healed, without magic of course, and then... Diatrec is it? Harmony's mother yes... From Garda, had vast magic abilities and a strong passion for healing and helping other's. Even though Abishia didn't plan to be a Healer, the skills could be useful. Curiously, she flicked her harks toward the duo that had now gathered, two beautiful mares. She sighed, the fae's where much older than her... The filly would most likely have a hard time fitting in. But her drive to help other's nudged her into the situation. Carefully, she walked over to them, the wound on her leg stinging with every step. Her hooves clapped against the stone floor as she gracefully maneuvered around the many creatures making home here.

When she was close enough, she presented herself before them. Dipping her dome to each, she addressed them politely. " Hello, misses. I am Abishia, an outcast. I usually thrive in the Fields, but now I am here. I could be useful... I am truly interesting in helping others. " She glanced at them both, a kind smile spread across her ivory kissers. " I am willing to help anyone. " She cleared her throat and looked around, before turning back to them, rambling on in her soft and quiet voice. "It is a pleasure to be in the presence of Healers, my mother once told me of creatures as great as Healers. It is a pleasure to be in your presence..." She assumed that the beautiful pale mare that had called the meeting was a healer, seeing that she would gather them together. Her smile widened. " What can I do for you? "

"Abi Talk!"

Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Ayelet Posts: 51
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: V
Lior :: Melanistic Barn Owl :: Curse dark
have you seen that girl?

She does not enjoy staying within the confines of these walls, these crystal lined prisons. Every now and then she would bob her head from the underground, get a good fresh feeling inside her. She couldn't breathe in the pretty flowers scents, nor feel the crisp breeze blow against her coat. As she strides about above ground, clouds above her head begin to darken. Calm before a storm. She murmurs to herself, ears pricked in curiosity as shadows begin to fall in distant lands. She suddenly realizes there is a big problem now, for everyone inside and outside of the caverns. Those outside will be eaten by the shadows, for it has now consumed what the girl thinks to be the whole land. Those inside the caverns are also doomed, for they will no longer be able to stretch their legs outside. Fleeing back to the caverns as shadows fall upon Helovia, the girl hears the call of a familiar voice.

Following the voice, the glass damsel uses her senses, her soul at work. She finds herself standing before three, two that she knew, one she did not. Eyes wander to the dun, the mare who had accepted her as a Nurse of the Edge. A smile goes out to the sweet girl, stained eyes trailing over the absence of her ear again. And then to the pegasus, a mare she had never met before. She's pale, patterned with black that turns her mane and tail sour. The girl was always interested in knowing how the winged equines work, how they function. How did they keep balance, were their bones hollowed? She may never know. And as her eyes fall upon the last mare, her body begins to tremble. The beast that attacked her, it flashes into her mind, and then the beast that attacked Kahlua appears before her, dazzling gold and black. An echoing scream sounds in her head, then a horrific laugh. She sees three demons before her, the two undead she has seen lately, and her daughter. Her daughter stands in the place of... Abishia. Ears have flattened against her skull, unfocused gaze directed towards the chestnut child.

"Monster!" She shrieks, memories rushing into her mind. If she had muscles, surely contractions of fear would begin. The wild, horrific thoughts that fill the girl's head scare her companion. A blood curdling shrill from the fluffy being causes her to crumble, pillars trembling. She bends over, glass shell quaking. Calm... calm... But she cannot stay calm when a monster stands before her, a monster that has the potential to kill her. Without daring to look up, the girl quietly moves towards the dun, afraid to look up into the eyes of It. Glancing forward, she hisses under her breath. "Stay away from me." Her words are meant for the chestnut, ears flat against her crown.

Raising her head, the girl stares at the Doctor. "A-Apologies, medicum." She whispers in Latin, finding relief in her homeland's tongue. "Teach me your ways with herbs, medicum." A gentle tremble in her words shows how scared she is to be in the presence of a demon, that is, if the physical signs were not enough. Gazing at the red accented mare, she offers something else. "If my memories do not fail me, I may be able to remember the names of herbs and possibly the ingredients to a few... potions?" The word rolls oddly off her tongue, hesitant as an image of bubbling liquids appears before her.

[medicum » my doctor]

the one with the fragile laugh and killer smile?

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather

Forged in the pathways of the foreign coliseum, they listened as a singular benediction, divinity kindled and incensed through the inky fabric and the shady veils, nocturnal decadence and heathen multitudes, basking as a sinuous glow, conveying, bestowing, proffering the riches of strains and arias. Unfaltering beacons, precious and whimsical, fairy and fey, determined and resolute in their puissant stature, dividing and conquering the slated rasps, the grated jaws, the clenched claws of potent, grueling fixations. Another utterance of warm croons, a tinkering of bells, a tender caroling pervading the walls, the maelstroms, the blighted pestilence until it simmered beyond the holy grail of its pursuits, of its merciless machinations, bleeding through the foaming phantoms with the air, the ethereal, the sublime sanction of anthems, lyrics, stanzas and sonnets. Were she capable of writing one for each and every creature of their kingdom she would have done so, composed smooth rhapsodies, effusing and emboldening, capturing the traces, the trances, the hums and hymns of yesteryear, folding over transgressions, piercing them with the harmonic blades of her potency. She would have greeted the dawn with tranquil tunes, discarding the edges of their haunting, poignant craft, touching and embracing the folded wings of armed guards, brushing away the layers and lacquer of coated armor, burying rubble and ruin beneath the riddled scars of bleak, stark remnants, varnishing the earth with a new, unwavering glow. Instead, Lena picked apart the fringes and borders of silhouettes, pieced together fragments of souls, stoked and finessed melodies from amiable lips, drove terror and horror away with the crisp conveyance of a hearts’ swift promise, a stalwart, steadfast, valorous dream, fanciful and ambrosial. She ensnared the demands, the chords, the commands of healers, increased the velocity of her tempo through the shards and formation of catacombs, secrets slinking in sanctuaries, and arrived to find creatures pressed amongst the walls, summoned in the same breath as her drifting tides.

Did they seek the same as she – coasting across ghostly filaments, yearning to prosper guidance, devotion, absolution and deliverance from the strange, terrorizing glimpses of the unknown? Had they found new places, like she, that could seize the venom, the toxins, of this scarring, molten plague? Did they hold whirlwind powers, did they channel wisdom, were they sages of the palaces and peaks, summits and synapses, uniting to combat the labyrinth of destitution hanging over their necks? Were they all the first in line for battle now, slinking upon the fields, armed with their hearts as shields, their voices as weapons, their herbs as rapiers? Recollection brooded an ugly head when, as she wandered closer to the scene, her nares noted the essence of the Edge (fire, loss, loss, tyranny possessing and holding, loss), and wondered if she’d even be permitted to join their throng. Inhaling a massive, unrelenting breath, she drew within their depths, offered her head in respect to each creature in turn, made to introduce herself and station with a cherishing song, a courageous note. Imogen marched beside her, a stone in a brooding storm. “I’m Lena, a healer of the Aurora Basin. I mend by melody.” She waited, hesitated, for one scarce moment, thought about the zealous, fervent murmurs that could sweep over their distinction, as one by one they raised hell and nefarious drums against her frame – but, weren’t they all her for one thing? To save, to guide, to rescue and liberate? The belle certainly wouldn’t raise her sword towards their formations, and perhaps, they wouldn’t do the same to her. No threat, no lies, no specious qualities; naught merely but the wishes of a fellow nurse in the brooding apocalypse closing over their lungs. “I seek further wisdom to assist in curing our fallen. I could also impart my own, if you are willing.” She paused, eyes drifting to the interesting hued maiden who’d beckoned for their arrivals, and delivered the notions of what she’d already seen. “The God of the Earth mentioned a pool capable of deriving the pestilence from the bodies of the infected.” The shrieking dame nearby, coaxing her out of reverie, caused the slightest of hums to filter through her frame, drifting amongst the cavern, assuaging, comforting, calming.

Lena</style>
where there is love, there is life.</style>

image by safetylast @ flickr.com

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

"Any Edge members who had a desire to learn about healing, or herb-lore, please come. All those interested in becoming a nurse, I expect to come! If you are injured, please come! There is no doubt that there will be someone who can assist you! And I highly suggest that you join us if you are a warrior to learn about some herbs that might help you if you are stuck without access to a healer."

The familiar voice of Resplendence echoed around her at first drawing confusion to her tired mind. Lifting her head from the cold ground where she lay the events of the last couple days slowly started to come back to her. The darkness, the creatures, the caves... everything seemed almost like a blur but if she focused things started to make more sense. The call had been for healers to come join in the meeting, she was no healer but she had helped to create a larger garden for the many different herbs for healing purposes back home. Maybe she would be alright to go to meet with whoever showed up, she did want to help where she could after all. Gritting her teeth she hauled her frame from the stone before shaking off the dirt that clung to her ivory coat.

Shivering slightly as she walked though the darkness following the voices she felt a little uneasy about meeting with a bunch of potentially new people. If it was only actual healers that showed up surely they would look down on her lack of knowledge for their craft and turn her away. Pausing for a moment just out of sight of the group she took a few calming breaths trying to reassure herself and boost her confidence before slowly approaching the others. A couple familiar faces greeted her giving her some encouragement that this was the right decision after all. Squeezing in alongside her friend Alysanne she wickered softly in greeting touching her muzzle to hers before settling down to hear what the others had to say. Neither of them she had met before in her time above ground but she was thankfully able to learn most of their names by their introductions.

The silence is shattered by the panicked words of the unidentified mare who seemed to be going through some kind of panic attack. Worry rises in her gut as she remembers the monsters she speaks of as her head turns to the intended target of her fear. Flicking her ears back nervously she fidgets in place uncomfortably glancing to the others to see their reactions. Remaining silent as the upset simmers down she listens as another takes her turn to speak. What are they getting themselves into? How can herbs do anything to cure the monsters at the forefront of everyone's mind?

MUSE: Good
NOTES: None

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
She stood waiting. Her frame anxious. Was anyone even going to come? Was anyone going to care? So much of her mind is telling her that no one really cared anyways. So, what did it matter that she was trying to accomplish things. Nothing could change the fact that the world was dying outside and that no one could stop it. Everyone was more than likely in each man for themselves mode and Res couldn't make the panic stop. No. She couldn't even stop her own panic. But, she didn't have to be alone for too long. No. Just as she was about to give up the winged one who had stood beside her at the fall of the Edge appeared from the dark crevices of the caves. They bumped muzzles in greeting, thanks, encouragement, a multitude of different emotions could be taken from it and Res was just glad she wasn't completely alone.

Not too long after Alysanne had appeared, a young one began to limp her way in. A wound catching Res's gaze as she looked over the foal who was speaking, explaining where she had come from saying she was interested in helping others. She says it is a pleasure and she asks what she can do. A gentle smile graces Res's lips as she peers at the young one even though concern etches across her features. But the concern is instantly strengthened as Ayelet appears and locks onto the child, calling her a monster and her companion shrieking through the caves. Res is stumbling backwards, her heart racing at the noises and the panic that has just occurred.

And, as she tries to stabilize herself again she sees that Ayelet is now speaking to her, apologizing and asking to be taught her ways and offering possible potions. The gentle smile has once again befallen the mare's expression and she nods her head. Preparing to speak but not able to as another one comes in. She offers her name and her place - the basin. But, at this point it doesn't matter to Res that it is a unicorn who might have attacked her herd. There seem to be no more herds at this moment. They had to work together if they wanted to survive. "Welcome..." Res offered, gently bobbing her head in greeting as she looked at all of the those who had gathered. Said she was seeking further wisdom and wished to offer her own. It was the knowledge about the pool that had Res most interested, and with the calming feeling that seemed to spread through the caves she turned her attention toward Brisa. No words befell the mare's maw as she pulled up beside Alysanne.

The smile is gracing Res's lips again as she peers up towards them all. "Again, Welcome. I am Resplendence - the Moon Doctor for the Edge as of arrival in these parts." She explains a little bit before looking toward the young one. "You are wounded, I can heal if you would wish? And all I ask in return is that you learn these common herbs so should someone need assistance in the future you can offer it to them." she offers, tilting her cranium to the side, her missing ear now showing blatantly as the hair cascades away from the place it should have been. And then she turns towards Ayelet nodding her head. "As much as I can. Potions sound interesting, something I've yet to dabble in, and might be of aid in these times." A gentle nod of reassurance to the mares that had assembled around her even when she wasn't sure that things would go right. And then she turns back towards Lena who seemed to still be humming. "That is great. The Gods must still be trying to look out for us then." she says in reference to the pool of healing waters, "Perhaps we can devise a way to carry some of it around these caves, and should we come across one we can throw it at them?" the words fell from her lips and she realized just how idiotic she sounded. "Anyways. Most of what I can offer is herbs. I had created a herb garden in the Edge, and everything in this box has been collected through travel or grown from there. I do have a few poisonous herbs which I will show so you don't accidentally take them. But, before I start to explain I would like to know if there are specific ailments each would wish to learn about? I cannot offer much help on the magic front - I've just begun to feel the pulsing of the dark magic through my veins and I'm still getting accustomed to it." She stopped, realizing she was beginning to babble. "But, yes. Ailments. Shoot them out there and I'll explain as they come."

Time to see what was going to happen...

Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

Several come, only one of whom she recognized. The rest were greeted with warm smiles and nods. The strangest thing ever happened when one of the mares yelled at the injured filly, calling her a monster and her companion shrieks echoing off the walls. No not again. Feeling instantly protective of the younger girl, Alysanne moved forward to place herself between the two – not knowing what the girl could have done to inspire such a reaction, but not thinking it mattered just in that moment. Her heart so easily stood on the side of the young and the girl’s injured status only solidified her position. Though her heart was hammering in her chest, afraid that there would be more chaos, her eyes and voice were calm when she focused on the mare. Please stay calm. We have a peaceful purpose for gathering – let us keep it that way.”

It was only when the mare seemed to calm down, turning her attention to Resplendence, that Alysanne settled back. She stood beside the chestnut and white girl now, concerned that this might turn ugly at any moment. Surely they had all experienced enough stress with the situation without making it any worse? A glance was cast towards the filly, offering her a comforting smile, before the arrival of another distracted her again. Lena, of the Basin – who apparently had the ability to heal by melody. The concept was something that immediately grabbed Alysanne’s attention - curious to see how it might work – but she had already spoken out once. Maybe this wasn’t the right moment. The bay unicorn also brought news about a way to heal those infected. Alysanne’s mind swam with this information. It was an infection. They could be healed. It wasn’t demons.

Mikey, oh Mikey. There was hope.

And more good news. Relief was instantaneous as she saw Brisa come towards her – ever since she had returned she had been worried about her friends and here was one, safe and sound. She returned the whicker quietly, not wanting to disturb the meeting, and allowed the reassuring scent and presence of the grey mare calm her nerves. So much was going wrong but at least this was still good.

The meeting, her friend by her side, it was all the distraction she needed. Emerald eyes focus back on Resplendence as she gets going – a warm smile returning to her face as she tried to put aside the yelling and the darkness and focus. They were asked to nominate certain ailments that she could teach them about.

Comfortable around crowds - and even more so given the subject of plants - it did not take long for the white and black Pegasus to offer something. “What about physical wounds? Perhaps to aid in the clotting of the blood? With so many of us in these caves I don’t doubt there will be injuries.” Caused by not being careful in the darkness or in clashes with others, Alysanne did not elaborate. She preferred to think that everyone would get along, that in this dark time peace might connect the herds and any bad blood would be forgotten at least for a while. It was a utopia, in her mind, held close to the Earth as they were. Naïve, certainly, especially given the outburst of one in their number already. But she was always hopeful.

Alysanne</style>
I lit a flame in my heart to guide you home.</style>

image credits
table by boom <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries