the Rift

[OPEN] Take Me Back

Hellä Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I found myself walking through a deep cave. The two mares of which I had met in the Threshold had told me to come here; to run from any infected wraith that came near. I hadn’t met a wraith next and I wasn’t planning to at any specific point of time; knowing that the infected could carry illness that could spread so easily. I wasn’t afraid; however I was worried for my condition if I needed to battle. A wraith would make one run, yes, but I enjoy a good fight, not for them to run from me. I see no excitement in such easy fear. Plus, my cloak deserved the scars it earned, and I was sure it would not earn anything if the opponent ran from me on a speed to die for.

The clapping of my hooves took me to a sour room, one filled with odor and a – mushroom floor? It wasn’t normal for a place to be like this, but hopefully, this place was safe from the undead. I looked around for familiar friends from Isilme, but none were to be seen that I knew of. On the other hand, there was plenty of horses to be friends with. I looked around but I found none of interested. I snorted; glaring at them all before heading back to what seemed the main room. Once again, I peered around at the equines and mystical creatures. I cocked my dappled dome to the side as my orbs crossed the site of a particular colored mare. A smirk covered my dark lips and I walked up to her and the herb box.

The clay-covered mare must’ve been a doctor of some sort, because I could smell the sweet inside the herbs as my nostrils flared. I smiled and dipped my head. “Hello, I’m a bit rusty with the new looks here – I’m looking for the World’s Edge?” I looked to her gold eyes for a slight second, seeing flash backs of my history before jerking my head back. “Sorry, I’m not use to all the company; I’ve traveled alone for quite some time, I guess.” I chuckled quietly and then looked around once more before turning back to the mare.

I hadn’t exactly known what I had seen when I looked to the female’s eyes. Maybe I’d seen Valhalla? But she didn’t have gold eyes, had she? I never really looked; I never really cared. Eyes were eyes, and nothing more. They were there for one use – to see. But there was something odd about this mare; something I had never really felt before. Or maybe it was just me. After all, I just had come to a new place, and I didn’t know anyone.

I smiled and then chuckled, shaking my head from side to side. “How rude of me; my name is Hellä. I’ve come from Isilme.” My orbs sparkled and I tilted my dome downward; greeting her properly unlike the one a few minutes ago.

Image Credits

@[Resplendence]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
come and watch over me like the pale moonlight

The tiny mare shifted her weight as she heard more hooves. This time they weren't moving past her, they were coming closer to her. And so, her dun head lifted ever so slightly as she allowed her golden orbs to peer up at the mare who was now standing beside her. Delicately, she moved her frame so that it stood between the other mare and the box that was crafted for her from Kahlua.

As she moves in closer, Res makes out the dapples upon the mare's coat as well as the slightly present scars that seemed to glow just enough to be noticed against her coat in the faint lighting of the lava that cascaded through out the walls in the room. They grey mare smiles and dips her head before speaking how she is rusty, asking of the World's Edge. Res meets her gaze for a moment until the mare jerks her head back and within seconds Res is only a few inches from the wall. The dappled one apologizes, saying that she had traveled alone for some time and allowing a laugh to fall from her lips and begin to curl through the air of the cave.

As the mare looked around it gave Res just enough time to compose herself again and move back towards her box, her safety net at the moment. The mare is chuckling again and after a shake of her head she is offering her name and that she came from Isilme. Then the mare actually drops her head low in a proper greeting. Res allows a smile to twitch at the corner of her lips as she flicks her audit up in attention. "This isn't the Edge, but I am the Edge's Moon Doctor. Are you looking for someone?" She asks, carefully shifting her clay-coloured legs before giving a short pause to keep herself completely composed. "I'm Resplendence." A small bob of her head is given as she waits to see exactly what the mare is here for. While many were coming to seek refuge here Res was still wary. What if someone attacked? What if all went wrong? She knew she had to be careful about those that she sheltered in under her proverbial wing. But, she would try not to jump to any conclusions, not yet anyways.

No need to tag me each post ;3
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Unregistered

As the mare came closer, a simple smile came upon the dark kissers and she waited for the mare to speak before her own words came spilling out. “I’m looking for a home, and I take pleasure in providing myself as a warrior, if I may.” Her body tilted to the side so that Resplendence, as she called herself, could see the wounds upon her light body so she would have a little proof of what she was here for. “I wouldn’t mind battling for a place of home and comfort. I’ve done it so many times before.” It was true; the mare had been in so many battles before that it seemed as if her body was solid stone. She didn’t affect her anymore. It was like her body had gotten use to all the pain and damage, that it no longer dented her. But the mare was never so sure and still stood her ground.

Hellä smiled and looked over her bodice one more time. She was quite beautiful with such an unordinary color. She had silver lining across her spine and down her back, a glass figure around her leg which seemed to be a dragon, and a heart locket necklace around her neck. She was something else, something special from the looks of it all. She was no ordinary mare, but she had some kind of aura reflected from her body that Hellä hadn’t really ever felt against anyone else before. Maybe it was just Hellä’s mind playing its tricks on her, but to the female warrior, it felt as real as anything.

Her dome tilted to the side in confusion in the process but she was not to show the madam of the Edge. She didn’t want to look as if she was filled with stupidity, even if she knew for herself that she wasn’t, but the pinkish mare didn’t know that. She watched as Resplendence guarded her herbs with protection, as if they were all she had. Hellä backed away, making sure the mare knew that she wasn’t a threat to her or her precious herbs. The mare stopped a few feet away and smiled, nodding her head towards her.

Image Credits

Sorry for switching out on ya from first-person to third! :/ I'm still trying to figure out which way I like to play her..

Resplendence
come and watch over me like the pale moonlight

The grey mare didn't necessarily answer the question. But, from her answer Res assumed that it meant the girl was not looking for anyone specific. Just a home seemed like a reasonable answer that she could fight for and protect. That was simple enough, especially if she was willing to join them. As she speaks of being a warrior the grey mare has tilted herself, presenting the scars that were scattered across her bodice. There was a gentle nod of Res's head as the mare continued to speak, explaining that she wouldn't mind doing such a thing.

There was a smile on the mare's face as she looked over the petite dun's form. A gentle twitch of her ear as the dun stands under the scrutiny of another's eyes, never comfortable enough with her appearance to like being under the bright lights and constantly looked at. No, she liked the shadows more, where she could do her work without ever having to be analyzed or judged for a missing ear or an overly flighty personality. Alas, that wasn't going to be able to happen as much in this position, with this title. So, instead she took the taller mare in as well, looking at her more built form and the vivid blue of her eyes, watching as the mare backed away. The reasoning she wasn't sure, maybe she had just noticed Res's stance over the box, maybe she just didn't like the petite mare who stood before her.

"I cannot place you as a warrior, it isn't my place. But I can offer you a home with us. I suggest you speak with Kaj, a golden pegasus who has just become our WeryLeader, or Destrier, a darling black friesian, if you wish to follow that path." She pauses for a second, taking in a breath to steady her ever shifting and uncertain soul, "The Edge is currently taking refuge here, though. There is a plague that is sickening our lands. A darkness is swallowing lands and claiming those who do not flee fast enough with a sickness that seems to morph their minds. Unfortunately, we cannot find a way to stop it, not yet at least." Res murmurs, her voice tremors a little as she explains the darkness. Her mind filling with the images of the way the darkness literally tried to consume those lands. Pricks of fear edge into her eyes and her muscles tense as she tries to keep herself from beginning to shake. Deep breath in. One. Two. Three. Deep breath out. Four. Five. Six.

They were gifted with another warrior for their ranks. Perhaps they would be able to stop it?

More strength had to be good. Right?

When I'm ready to fall
With love

Unregistered

She smiled at the pastel mare. For once, she actually thought that she might’ve done something right. Resplendence calmed down, which made the mare feel like she had done something right without having to fight for it. Hellä had always had to fight for what she earned, but now, she didn’t have to fight for what was right. Maybe the mare had something the dappled warrior couldn’t exactly see, but she did have something she could feel. It was something strong; something the faint mare couldn’t really understand. Hopefully, it was something good.

Hellä was displeased with the fact that she couldn’t be a soldier right away, but she didn’t show the kind mare such unpleasant emotions. Instead, she smiled and dipped her large dome. “Yes, I’d like that.” She glanced back up and into the mare’s soft golden pearls. Yes, the scene came again, but this time Hellä didn’t struggle from the dream. She carefully observed it, seeing if she could see more of what she saw of the last. But the vision, ended in the same spot as it did the last. The female was confused by the images that kept reappearing in her head, but she just shook it away.

As the mare spoke on about the deadly darkness that lay outside of the sheltering caverns, Hellä’s bodice shook with slight fear. The mare hadn’t really experienced fear before unless it would take effect in ending her days shortly afterwards. But the Resplendence didn’t mention the cause of what meant death, only which it carried on into other body sources if one did not skid away fast enough. That could only mean one thing – the walking dead were among them and they didn’t know how to cure the illness. The fainted lady shivered but replied to the claybank dun. “I have heard of the dark beasts before wandering here to these caverns. But you must know; every problem has a solution.” This was something Hellä had learned from her mother when she had escaped Isilme, and it had carried on with her since.

The dappled mare’s mind wondered if the pretty pelted mare would accept her as a friend, or just as a protection from danger. She trusted this one, not only from the odd connection between the two, but also because the mare had given her a home to battle for. She would no longer have to battle alone, but battle with her brothers and sisters beside her. Hellä wouldn’t have to alone anymore, and she could stand taller, more proud than ever before. She now had something to die for.

Image Credits

Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
There was a smile upon the dappled's face as Res's outward appearance seemed to have calmed down. Mind you, her thoughts were still racing of images of terror, of images of death, of images of pain and torture. She tried to keep them from the forefront of her mind, though, and instead concentrated on each little movement that the dappled mare did in the pauses of conversation.

Again, she smiled as she dipped her dome, the dappled accepting the dun's offer of a home in the Edge adding that she would like that. The mare seemed Res began to explain the darkness and the switch in homes a little afterwards to the mare who stood before her. And with her trembling words she could see the dappled's coat shaking with fear. You don't need to panic would be a lie. So she doesn't say it. Because maybe everyone should be afraid.

The dappled mare shivered again before allowing her voice to spin around the cavern of burning magma. She says she has heard of the dark beasts before wandering here, saying that there must be a problem to every solution. Resplendence tilted her head to the side a little bit as she nodded her head. "Who has told you about them? Do you know the solution?" She asks, an edge of anxiety in her voice. If only her healing magic could help. If only she could do something.

There is a pause. A small one, maybe not even perceptible, before Res continues on with her questions. "Did you know of the Edge before you came into Helovia? Or did you meet someone at the Threshold?" The mare was forever seeking information. Anything she could grasp to see if she could find a way to help her family - to keep them from injury. She may not fully understand all of it, but she would for sure try and cling to the facts like she clung for their lives.

She would keep them safe. She would.

Credits
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Unregistered

Words began to fly from the mare’s throat. The first question was easy, but the second made her think a little. But soon, she had it made up in her head. Hellä wouldn’t usually answer questions like these, but she now owed the mare and didn’t stutter a word. “I met someone in the gateway that told me about them.” She told her and nodded her faint dome. Silence stood in between the two for a slight moment before the dappled finally arranged her words to where the mare might be able to understand a little bit better. “You said you were a doctor, right? The infected wraiths are like infected wounds; they have to be able to be healed in some way, they aren’t immortal.” She was sure of it all. Hellä had wounds before, and she had also had doctors heal them. It was the only way the mare knew how to put it into simple words.

Soon, the pinkish mare was asking more questions after another short pause. Hellä smiled and shook her arch left in right, to answer the question of negativity. She remembered just a few days ago when she had entered lands of Helovia. The warrior knew nothing of the World’s Edge, but instead she was looking for her family. She had somehow sensed that they had come here, yet she knew not why. Hellä had ran blindly into the Helovia territory; not knowing where else to go. She had no other choice but to find refuge here or else she might’ve not made it much farther alone.

“No. I came here in search of my long lost family, hoping I would find them here but it seems like I have come in the wrong direction.” She frowned and looked around, trying to find anyone that she might’ve known from Isilme, but odds were at its greatest. Hellä turned back to the mare and smiled for no exact reason at all.

Now that she had a home, she didn’t really know why she smiled. At first she had thought it was because of the pride that she would take part in as she protected her home. Then, when she really looked into it; maybe it was simply because she had found a new friend.

Image Credits

Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
The torrent of questions ceased as Res's small amount of wits were recovered. Her nervous limbs were shaking a little bit again and she wasn't sure that anything about her nervousness would ever really go away.

The grey one spoke of how she met someone at the gateway, and then she nodded her head in the moment of silence. The mare seemed to be thinking about her next words - or perhaps she was in some kind of memory - Res couldn't be sure, but she shook the thoughts from her skull. The grey mare seemed to ask ifs he was a doctor, uncertain, before she said that the wraiths were infected. Because of this, perhaps she could heal them. Res shook her head, a defeated look falling upon her frame. "N-no. I am a healer, yes. But... my magic didn't work. I tried earlier..." she whispered, her ear falling to the side a little as she moves her gaze past the mare's shoulder and towards the opening of the cavern that they were all stuck inside.

Then, she explained how she had come here in search of her long lost family but that she might have come in the wrong direction. A small frown formed upon the mare's face in concern about the grey mare before her. "I'm sorry. I know that some people were from Isilme here, but I cannot direct you to them - everyone is in different places at the moment." She whispered, a bit of a sad tone crawling into her voice. But, the mare should have perhaps offered a little more. Quietly, she moves off towards some of the other caverns. "Come, perhaps we can find Kaj or Destrier and get you settled in." she offers, glancing back over her shoulder for the mare.

OOC -
Sorry. Was shuffling around muse. I think this thread is about done. So your post and then end it?

Credits
When I'm ready to fall
With love